The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• edited December 2017

I haven't seen The Last Jedi yet but look at those audience's scores.

I've got a bad feeling about this.

• I've read a lot of fan reviews and there seems to be two categories: Those whom thought it was fine/okay and those whom think it is the worst movie EVER. I think it'll be okay if you don't go in thinking it'll be great.

AronDracula posted: »

I haven't seen The Last Jedi yet but look at those audience's scores. I've got a bad feeling about this.

• Welp, now I'm not going to expect it to be better than The Force Awakens or even Rogue One. If that movie disappoints me so hard, I will just think that it was a mistake for Lucas to sell Star Wars to Disney and make them revive the franchise. Also, because of that, LucasArts was shut down, most of the future SW games were cancelled like 1313, KOTOR 3, Battlefront 3 and The Force Unleashed 3, the SW gaming license ended up at EA and they will just use it as a HUUUUGE cash grab. Still not forgiving them for ruining the Battlefront franchise and cancelling Visceral Games' Star Wars project.

Johro posted: »

I've read a lot of fan reviews and there seems to be two categories: Those whom thought it was fine/okay and those whom think it is the worst movie EVER. I think it'll be okay if you don't go in thinking it'll be great.

• Sums up pretty much the whole DCEU.

I've read a lot of fan reviews and there seems to be two categories: Those whom thought it was fine/okay and those whom think it is the worst movie EVER. I think it'll be okay if you don't go in thinking it'll be great.

• edited December 2017

Just use Listerine

My not-so-helpful response to

There's not enough rum to make rum balls

Never substitute alcohol with Listerine

• edited December 2017

Just finished Uncharted 4: A Thief's End.

It's now my favorite Uncharted game. I loved it. I especially loved the ending... sniff sniff
    I really enjoyed the 'final battle'. It was challenging while also being very cinematic.
    But seriously, I had tears in my eyes at the ending... and that's rare.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

It's about season three so i wouldn't recommend looking at the thread if you haven't caught up yet.

Acheive250 posted: »

Hey, just wanted to make sure. Is the “Spoliers for Mr. Robot season finale and after credits scene discussion” thread about season one or season three? Not gonna take any chances...

• Reminder that various audiences liked Suicide Squad and Sing and those movies are fucking abysmal pieces of shit. Don't trust audience ratings.

I haven't seen The Last Jedi yet but look at those audience's scores. I've got a bad feeling about this.

• I fall into that first category. There’s a lot of stuff the movie does great with, but for everyone of those things, there’s something they fuck up.

• edited December 2017

So a member of a band I followed for four years (It's called Shinee and it's a well known Kpop band.) has killed himself. It's so surreal. He was one of the most thoughtful artists I ever followed. His support for the lgbt community and his advocacy for mental health will never be forgotten. I can't even express how much I'm going to miss him and how much it hurts. Thank you for everything. Goodbye, Kim Jonghyun.

• Nice. It's easily my GOTY 2016.

Acheive250 posted: »

Just finished Uncharted 4: A Thief's End. It's now my favorite Uncharted game. I loved it. I especially loved the ending... sniff sniff

• What if I don't trust either critics or audience? I should just see if they're right or wrong.

Reminder that various audiences liked Suicide Squad and Sing and those movies are fucking abysmal pieces of shit. Don't trust audience ratings.

• Watched Akira yesterday. You can call it my first experience with anime (besides Miyazaki) and I was soooo thrilled! It left me confused as fuck but amazed at the same time. Hard to belive that this masterpiece was made nearly 30 years ago. The soundtrack and animation is beyond perfection.

Also, poor Kaori ;_;

• I could have sworn ANF was your game of the year for 2016 ?

Nice. It's easily my GOTY 2016.

• Well with the critics thing, critics loved films like Age of Ultron and The Good Dinosaur and both of those films are awful too. So yeah, don't trust critics either. Form your own opinion on it.

What if I don't trust either critics or audience? I should just see if they're right or wrong.

• ***Worst game of 2017 close to Outlast 2.

Melton23 posted: »

I could have sworn ANF was your game of the year for 2016 ?

• edited December 2017

I'm still sticking with Samus Returns as my GOTY. Best boss battles(the later ones) I've played in a long long time.

I fall into that first category.

I had a feeling it'd be like that. There are fans that either love everything or are too critical. Almost everyone has said that

the romance felt forced(ha!). I'm expecting that already.

• I'd say my Game of the Year was Sonic Mania. The fact that an "official fan game" of such high quality (to such an extent that it matches, and in some cases even exceeds the already high quality of the classic Sonic games) is pretty insane, and the whole game is a labor of love.

I'm not super into the modern Sonic games, but the classic games are legitimately super good.

• Resident Evil 7 is still my personal GOTY

• I love talking about best video games in years. Like @ClemyClooAndBabyboo , Resident Evil 7 is my personal Game of the Year. I was never actually expecting to enjoy it as an amazing game and it blew my mind. It's easily the best AAA horror game since Until Dawn. I have ZERO regrets getting this game at full price, even the DLCs were worth it.

Still gotta play End of Zoe DLC, I have to wait till Christmas.

• same dude it's so good. i love everything about RE7 ngl

I love talking about best video games in years. Like @ClemyClooAndBabyboo , Resident Evil 7 is my personal Game of the Year. I was never act

• edited December 2017

Hardest part of eating healthier is cutting fat from the diet. Calories, no problem. Salt, no problem. Portion control, no problem.

Not only that, but I'm giving up pop/soda and liquor for the same two weeks(2 week diet and exercise plan) so you'll all get to see me slowly descend into madness.

I'm actually in good shape, but I want to be in great shape.
    (and I could use the distraction. My last grandparent passed away.)

• About to board for a flight, heading to West Palm Beach, Florida for a few days.

• edited December 2017

Have fun out there. :smile:

About to board for a flight, heading to West Palm Beach, Florida for a few days.

• Latest research is that fat isn't really so bad as long as you don't gorge on it. If you can keep calories and sugar in line, don't worry too much about the fat.

Sorry about your grandparent.

Hardest part of eating healthier is cutting fat from the diet. Calories, no problem. Salt, no problem. Portion control, no problem. No

• edited December 2017

I've been working through my games backlog recently. Organising and choosing what I should continue and what I should let die, it's been pretty productive and eases the completionist weight upon my back. (Note: "Complete" means finishing the main story/quest line of a game, not getting 100% of everything. That's only if I'm extremely satisfied and want to completely experience everything the game has to offer. At least every quest.)

Just last week, I finished Gravity Rush on the PS4. It was good, but the story ended sooner than I expected. There wasn't enough explanation to the events that occurred.

Whatever happened to that castle in the sky? Is Kat royalty? Is the whole world a dream of a child, or something else? Why are there numerous "Creators"? And what's with the World Tree? How does Time and Space function on it? Up is Forwards, and Down is Backwards? Are there other cities up there?

Don't get me wrong: It was fun, and I enjoyed it. I just feel that there were a lot of different world-building cards it held too close to its chest. Too many loose threads by the end of the story. Welp, guess I'll have to get the sequel! XD

Today I started Shadow of the Colossus (the remaster for the PS3).
    ...Wow. It's great. Astounding.
    I've only beaten the first Colossus so far, but It's good. The story is intriguing, the sound is epic, and this first battle is incredible. Considering I had a huge grin smacked on my face during that fight, I think I'm really going to like this. Anyone know if this has connections to ICO (other than the creator, of course)? The characters seem similar (young boy tries to save girl, must overcome darkness and shadow).

• Yesterday was the 20 year anniversary of "The Strike", an episode of Seinfeld, featuring Festivus, which is December 23rd. Damn good episode. Love that show.

• I've read that too and that's my problem. I also have an active job, so it's quite an accomplishment to be losing my form. At least I have an active job. A short diet and some lifestyle tweaks should be enough.

Sorry about your grandparent.

Thank you. He wasn't the most likable person, but still... Family.

WarpSpeed posted: »

Latest research is that fat isn't really so bad as long as you don't gorge on it. If you can keep calories and sugar in line, don't worry too much about the fat. Sorry about your grandparent.

• It's lovely down here, enjoy.

About to board for a flight, heading to West Palm Beach, Florida for a few days.

• Watched The Last Jedi again and enjoyed it a lot more. Helps that the audience I was with didn't have a bunch of assholes behind me talking the whole way through unlike before.

• I failed my first driving exam. Do you have any idea how much of an asshole the cop that stayed to watch my driving was?

• High five. The guy supervising me when I did my test was also a real dickhead.

I failed my first driving exam. Do you have any idea how much of an asshole the cop that stayed to watch my driving was?

• Glad I'm not the only one. He thinks I wasn't making sure if someone was coming from behind or in the front when I was just moving my eyes on the mirrors, maybe he wanted me to move my head as well but for fuck's sakes, I don't necessarily need to move my head just to look at the left or front mirror. I hope I'll never meet that dickhead at the next exam.

lupinb0y posted: »

High five. The guy supervising me when I did my test was also a real dickhead.

• I stopped for a truck to go by then the guy yelled, "JUST GO! THE TRUCK STOPPED FOR YOU!" and got really pissy at me. I didn't even do anything wrong :/

Glad I'm not the only one. He thinks I wasn't making sure if someone was coming from behind or in the front when I was just moving my eyes o

• It’s a bad idea to pull an all-nighter the night before final exams, please don’t do it if you value your GPA or grades.

• Guys, how do I pull out my grades from the depths of hell?

• New Blog Post: From Major Themes to Inside Jokes, Telltale Devs Share Their Favorite Moments from Our 2017 Releases
    Nice stuff if you're a fan of anything they released this year.

• Have an orgy with the teachers.

Guys, how do I pull out my grades from the depths of hell?

• At this point this doesn't even sound that bad.

Have an orgy with the teachers.

• edited December 2017

Pray to Emperor Duda.

Guys, how do I pull out my grades from the depths of hell?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.