The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Hey that's pretty neat.

I’ll probably get in trouble if I say his name here because it’s political. I’ll give you a hint though, he’s a current President of the United States.

• Sorry about that, forgot to spoiler tag and didn't see thr next comment until now. Hope you can forgive me, you'll hopefully still enjoy the movie.

AronDracula posted: »

Do you know that you can use the motherfucking spoiler tag? You just spoiled me a death, thanks a lot.

• Sorry about that, forgot to spoiler tag it and didn't see the next comment until now. I'm assuming you didn't read the whole thing though.

Melton23 posted: »

I feel your pain. I really do feel the pain, I need to go give myself severe brain damage in hopes of forgetting what I just read. I was literally only 2 days from going to watch it as well

• edited December 2017
    1. It looked extremely dumb imo. She looks like Mary poppins. Also if Luke taught her some things, why didn't they put that in the movie? It would have been cool for her to mention it at some point, like if someone asked her how she did it. That would have been a cool thing to connect to a later comic book or novel about what she learned in between ROTJ and TFA, but nope, they didn't care to have those sort she of cool connections.

2. Humor is fine, Star Wars has always had that, but this wasn't that, this jut felt like Marvel-sequel humor, which doesn't belong in Star Wars imo.

3. So just throw out his entire character? He goes through all that shit to redeem Vader in the OT and now he contemplates murdering his nephew in his sleep? That makes no sense, that goes backwards on his entire character.
    4. I already didn't like rose, but what made it even worse was how she fell in love with Finn. That felt SO DUMB and so forced.
    5. New force powers are fine! The force bond was cool. The astral projection was cool too, although it makes nonsense not that Luke died from it.
    6. The empire was still reeling from the events of ANH even though they were still strong. Also, that's totally different anyway. Tell me, how does it make sense that the first order is more powerful than the New Republic? I was hoping this would be explained in TLJ since this is really a problem that started in TFA, but nope, even after losing starkiller base the first order still rules the galaxy out of nowhere. That's not logical, we need an explanation, this is what crappy writing looks like.
    7. Other stuff in the movie makes no sense. Remember when the blue skywalker light saber splits, and then when Luke comes as a projection to face Kylo he has that same saber? Why didn't Kylo see that and realize something was up? Makes no logical sense.
    8. I don't understand how you could be happy with Luke's ending. Our hero, who defeated the empire, dies a sad old man on an island? That's an extreme disrespect to his entire arc. He doesn't even leave the island the entire movie! People have been waiting 30 years to see old Luke in action! >!
    lupinb0y posted: »

Yo, spoiler tag your comment. (Spoiler) I get why some people wouldn't really like The Last Jedi and there are some perfectly valid cr

• Yeah, I got too angry. Be careful next time.

Sorry about that, forgot to spoiler tag and didn't see thr next comment until now. Hope you can forgive me, you'll hopefully still enjoy the movie.

• You’ll have to do the “>!” at the beginning of every paragraph to have your whole post under a spoiler.

(Spoiler)

• edited December 2017
    1. Yeah some audible reactions by the other characters would have been good. Not everything needs to be shown. The fact that she is related to two of the strongest force wielders of all time as well as being a backup chosen one (as implied in the original trilogy) should already make sense on why she could do that.

2. I honestly don't see the resemblance. But I understand the criticisms.

3. No it really doesn't go backwards on his entire character. Luke's whole life has him constantly avoiding the dark side (the visions in the three as well as almost killing his father). It makes sense that sometimes he would make a mistake like that. Besides, he instantly regretted it once he turned the lightsaber on anyway.

4. I agree the love thing was forced. Felt more like a brother sister thing to me, or at the very least good friends. That action could have been easily removed and the scene would probably have a better effect.

5. Again, Luke wasn't properly trained. He was pretty much self taught for the most part. There wasn't anyone there to guide him through things. Plus with pretty much being the only Jedi Master around there was a lot of stress with making sure everything turns out okay. So when he see's that Ben might turn evil, in a moment foolishness he contemplates killing him, only to regret it as soon as his lightsaber lit up.

6. The Empire weren't reeling from anything. They managed to drive the Rebels away from Yavin IV and when the Rebels set up base in Hoth, the Empire drove them away from there too. The exact same thing can be said for ESB. "How does it make sense that the Empire is more powerful than the Rebellion? I was hoping this would be explained in ESB since this is really a problem that started in ANH, but nope, even after losing the Death Star the Empire still rules the galaxy out of nowhere. That's not logical, we need an explanation, this is what crappy writing looks like." In fact, in Empire it's even WORSE. Because at the end of A New Hope it's made to look like the Rebels just straight up won the war.

7. Because he was filled with anger and hate and didn't realise it until it was too late. Though I do think that he should have had his green lightsaber like in the flashback. Make it exactly as how Kylo last saw him.

8. I'm happy with it because it's something I wasn't expecting. As Luke aptly explained, I thought he was just going to face down the entire First Order with a laser sword because this is Star Wars and dumb shit like that happens all the time. I'm happy because he DOESN'T die a sad old man on an island. He dies weak but with pride, protecting his friends and family as well as bringing hope to the future of the Resistance (even if it was from a completely different planet thousands of lightyears away). I'm happy because it's different. They didn't make him this ultimate Jedi badass who is the coolest, biggest and the strongest and wins all the time because he's the coolest, biggest and the strongest. They made him a man filled with regret because of a costly mistake he made.

(Spoiler)

• Death Stranding

• About the Luke thing, Luke doesn't die from running out of force energy or whatever, after saving the rebels he willingly becomes one with the force. I think it's a pretty good end to his story arc. After shutting himself off from the force he later accepts it and becomes one with it.

(Spoiler)

• It’s ok, still feel like jumping off a bridge tho

Sorry about that, forgot to spoiler tag it and didn't see the next comment until now. I'm assuming you didn't read the whole thing though.

• It's 10 pm and I'm watching Winx Club transformation videos. Why.

• I hope he will name his unborn child "Ass-Kicker".

Death Stranding

• Huh. Just noticed that the Walking Dead section has more discussions than this section (33k > 11k). That's pretty surprising. Either there've been a lot of theories regarding WD, or just a lot of questions about it.

1. Star wars is so much more than just the movies. They always left little clues to side stories, and those side stories were told in expanded content such as comics, books, and games. How cool it would have been if Leia mentioned training with Luke for some time, and then we could get to see that story in expanded content. Rogue One had so many connections to expanded content, such as the appearance of Saw Gererra and the mention of Hera Syndulla. These connections make the star wars feel like an actual connected UNIVERSE, and that's what I've always loved about it. TLJ was extremely lacking in this.
    2. "I'm holding for general hugs" was so dumb, it didn't feel like star wars to me. TFA handled humor so much better imo.
    3. How I see it is that Luke went up against one of the scariest men in the galaxy and found the good in him in the OT. Why? Because that man was his family, no matter how evil he was. Ben Solo was Luke's family, and yet even though he had some struggles with the dark, just like Luke had, Luke was seriously contemplating killing him in his sleep. That doesn't feel consistent at all to me. I feel like it could have been handled SO much better.
    4. Yeah, Finn and Rose was forced. If the Canto Bight scenes had to be in the movie, I would have liked it if Rose was more fleshed out, and more interesting. She just felt kind of bland to me.
    5. Luke had non-traditional training, sure, but he had the force ghosts of Obi-wan and Yoda to guide him. Which brings up another issue: How is Rey going to be able to train a new order of Jedi if she has no training herself?
    6. We saw how the Empire rose from the Republic in the prequels. They then had about 19 years to grow in power, so their rule over the galaxy made sense. Them being so strong and the rebels being so weak in ESB makes sense, because the Empire would have had many resources left over even after the Death Star was destroyed. We saw how the rebels won at the end of ROTJ, and it has been established that The New Republic was formed in the 30 year gap between the OT and the ST. Yet despite 30 freaking years of having control of the galaxy, The First Order comes out of nowhere and reduces the opposing side to just a small "resistance"? That is so inconsistent and makes no sense, so no, looking at all of this I can't see how this factor was worse in ESB.
    7. Honestly that just seems like a headcanon to me. I try to see it that way too, but do you really think that's what Rian Johnson was thinking when he wrote that? I just think it slipped his mind, which is bad writing. I guess we'll never know.
    8. It just felt so unsatisfying to me. After all that shit he went through, he never even leaves his exile. Sure, it's unexpected, but why the hell would they waste it like that? 30 years after the OT came out and we finally get to see old Luke, and he doesn't do shit. That's such a letdown. Also, he kind of does die a sad old man. The dude doesn't even get any happiness, he just fails to restart the Jedi Order and is gone into exile. Now you're gonna tell me REY gets that honor of training the new generation of Jedi? That's so unsatisfying. It just feels like they wanted to replace Luke with Rey, since she'll probably end up with the happy ending that he should have gotten. This whole thing just makes it feel like everything that Luke and his friends did in the OT doesn't mean shit. I don't see how star wars can move forward and still have a similar kind of feeling. Adding in new stuff is great, but it should still retain some of that feeling. The Skywalkers are all fucking dead. Luke didn't even have a love interest, or kids as far as we know. The only one left is Ben Solo, but he doesn't even carry the Skywalker name.

(Spoiler)

• Why is FIFA so popular? It’s literally the same game every year a new one is released

• edited December 2017

Same goes to Call of Duty. The latest installment became the best selling game of 2017 close to Destiny 2. Fuck you, Activision.

Why is FIFA so popular? It’s literally the same game every year a new one is released

• Finally seeing the Last Jedi. Hyped. Oh yeah. I’ll see how accurate these reviews are. Cheers!

1. Stuff like that doesn't necessarily NEED to be in the new trilogy and it doesn't need to. Nothing pre-Disney has ever referenced anything like the comics, novels and games. Rogue One is literally the only movie to have done any of that. Besides, the new trilogy leaves space for extended universe stuff a bunch of times anyway. The Knights of Ren, Snoke (considering how he ends up), Captain Phasma (who already has her own comic run), Luke's (admittedly short) years of training Padawan, the decommissioned clone Storm Troopers (mentioned in TFA), etc.

2. Yes he went up against one of the scariest men in the galaxy and almost killed him. The Vader and Kylo scenes parallel quite well. Just as Luke is seriously about to kill his father, he looks down to see that his father is a broken man. Then in the future when Luke lights up his lightsaber, ready to kill Ben Solo, he looks down to see just a boy.

3. They probably never saw him often at all honestly. They probably wouldn't want to handhold him, especially with how cryptic they were in the original trilogy anyway. As for Rey, she has those Jedi texts that she stole from the tree so that would help. Considering how the new trilogy seems to be going for the out with the old in with the new approach, she would go for a more lax approach, or at least not as strict as the Republic was in the prequel trilogy.

4. The First Order doesn't come out of nowhere though. It's been established by the current extended universe that remnants of the Empire still remained and those remnants were still a force to be reckoned with. They still had control over most parts of the galaxy. However, I do agree that it needs to be more properly explained, and it probably will be but in novels and stuff like that.

5. Considering on how they focus a lot on him having that lightsaber it was obviously on purpose. They wanted the audience to wonder "Wait a minute, what's going on? Why does he have that lightsaber? Didn't it break?" and then when the moment happens they'll go "Ooohhhhh! So that's why!".

6. The whole point of this movie is that you don't NEED to be a Skywalker to make a difference. There's a reason that they made Rey being no one such a big deal. Again, Luke doesn't die a sad old man. He knows it's his time and saves his family and in the process the next generation of Jedi, even if HE isn't the one to train them. It's fine if you're disappointed but to say that Star Wars is RUINED is really dumb.

Man, it feels weird to argue this much about a space opera featuring magic wizards with laser swords duking it out in space while big ships blow each other up in the background.

(Spoiler)

• edited December 2017

FINALLY!!! I PASSED MY LAST TWO EXAMS, I GOT THE RESULTS TODAY AND I'M SO HAPPY. I'VE STUDIED A LOT AND IT WAS DEFINITELY WORTH IT, 90% was the result of the two.
    Now I'm gonna celebrate, finally holidays and Christmas, my favorite part of the year.

• Bravo, Bravo!

MegaXD posted: »

FINALLY!!! I PASSED MY LAST TWO EXAMS, I GOT THE RESULTS TODAY AND I'M SO HAPPY. I'VE STUDIED A LOT AND IT WAS DEFINITELY WORTH IT, 90% was

• That sounds so much more awesome than the movies actually are... and I'm a fan.

(Spoiler) Man, it feels weird to argue this much about a space opera featuring magic wizards with laser swords duking it out in space while big ships blow each other up in the background.

• I don't understand why trailers these days have to have a 2-second promo clip of the trailer you're about to watch.
    I'm already here! I'm gonna see that stuff anyways!

Heck, even Telltale's gotten in on the action!

• I got my christmas presents today and it's Bloodborne and 25£ code. Now I'm going to download Resident Evil 7 End of Zoe DLC, finally finishing my game of the year. I'm soo happy.

• Why not use your presents on Christmas Day? Then again I’ve always been planning a Christmas presents heist so can’t blame you there

I got my christmas presents today and it's Bloodborne and 25£ code. Now I'm going to download Resident Evil 7 End of Zoe DLC, finally finishing my game of the year. I'm soo happy.

• I don't like waiting for the special day anymore. We all know Santa Claus doesn't exist.

Why not use your presents on Christmas Day? Then again I’ve always been planning a Christmas presents heist so can’t blame you there

• I believe they're doing it for the Facebook/Twitter audience. On these sites videos start automatically when you're scrolling past them, so the short previews are used to grab people's attention and interest them in watching the whole trailer.
    I don't like the short clips spoiling stuff I'm just about to watch either. I hope this isn't the new norm for Telltale trailers.

AChicken posted: »

I don't understand why trailers these days have to have a 2-second promo clip of the trailer you're about to watch. I'm already here! I'm gonna see that stuff anyways! Heck, even Telltale's gotten in on the action!

• Yeah but I mean why take the fun out of the holiday, right?

I don't like waiting for the special day anymore. We all know Santa Claus doesn't exist.

• edited December 2017

Just came back from watching Jumanji 2! It's a really fun movie! The characters are really funny and the movie differentiates itself from the original quite well and as a sequel to a movie that came out 20 years ago, it actually manages to be pretty fresh albeit a bit cliche at times. For all intents and purposes this is a sequel to Jumanji, but it could have easily just been a reboot and it would have worked just as well. Also Jack Black is easily the best part of this movie! He plays a teenage girl for over an hour and a half and completely steals the show (if anything this should be the biggest reason on why you should watch this movie).

If you're looking for a fun and hilarious movie to watch than I'd very much recommend this.

• edited December 2017

I finished playing RE7 End of Zoe DLC and omg, that is one of the best DLCs I've ever played.

I never expected Jack to have a brother out there. He wasn't even in the family photo. Joe Baker is easily my favourite Baker family member, it was really hard throwing punches over molded. Jack coming back as molded boss was a great decision, he is the hardest boss out of all the bosses in RE7, also coming back at the Baker house was a great way to end this whole game once and for all. But now with his death, Jack and Marguerite died and they were so innocent until Eveline came to their property and destroy their lives. RIP Baker parents. Also, the ending gave me chills and happiness, Ethan calling Zoe was a big surprise and Chris Redfield was there as well. It's better than the ending of the original game. End of Zoe and Not a Hero answered all of our questions and there is nothing left to be curious about. Thank you Capcom, for this masterpiece.

• Hm. Update to my previous thought:
    Pages 1106-1118 of TWD section are all blank. What's up with that?

Huh. Just noticed that the Walking Dead section has more discussions than this section (33k > 11k). That's pretty surprising. Either there've been a lot of theories regarding WD, or just a lot of questions about it.

• Did you go through 1100 pages of discussion to determine that?

Anyway, for quite some time, TWD was the top section of the forums, and you had to scroll down to find the General section, so TWD did get more discussion for quite a while. Also, more people come here to talk about their games than just general stuff.

Hm. Update to my previous thought: Pages 1106-1118 of TWD section are all blank. What's up with that?

• Did you go through 1100 pages of discussion to determine that?

No, no. I was just looking back at what the first discussions were in the section. [The page numbers at the bottom automatically provide the link to the furthestmost page from your curent position. So, here it would be page 1.] Page 1118 was blank, so I jut scrolled back until I found a page with discussions.

Also, more people come here to talk about their games than just general stuff.

I know, but I figured that since this forum's been around for a while, before the days of Walking Dead (since when exactly? BTTF? Monkey Island?), I expected a number that wasn't so staggering. The numbers for this section easily trumps Monkey, Future, and even Sam and Max. So it was just surprising to see this, really..

WarpSpeed posted: »

Did you go through 1100 pages of discussion to determine that? Anyway, for quite some time, TWD was the top section of the forums, and yo

• The forums have been around (in various iterations) as far back as like, 2005 I want to say. (They were super niche back then, as adventure games were a more niche genre that was basically all but dead).

I would say that Telltale really picked up around 2006-2008 in terms of finding their "classic" audience, and then they obviously exploded in 2012 with Walking Dead Season 1.

Did you go through 1100 pages of discussion to determine that? No, no. I was just looking back at what the first discussions were in

• I played the first 10 minutes of Bloodborne. Those guys weren't kidding, it's really hard then I thought but the combat is easily the best part of the game, what's worse is the save points. I gotta watch some tips for beginners.

• Today is Festivus, for the rest of us.

I hope the Feats of Strength and Airing of Grievances goes well for all of you today.

• MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!! ?

• Not Christmas for me yet.

MegaXD posted: »

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!! ?

• Merry Christmas!!

• Well it's Christmas time again. Since I won't be online tomorrow guess I'll say it now. I know this time of the year can be super hard on some folks, hell i can't count the amount of emotional turmoil I've gone through this time of year since I was 9. So if it's rough for you right now, Hang in there, do your best to survive this month and next month will be better. Merry Christmas you guys, stay safe.

• Good to see you're finally getting around to playing one of the best games ever. Hope you have a good time! Also if I could give any tips:

• Charge an R2 attack behind an enemy to leave them open for a backstab.

• Certain buildings will have lights outside of them. This usually indicates an NPC you can interact with. This is not only helpful for lore but might also give you helpful items.

• You can get easy blood vials via any kind of Elite Enemies.

• K i r k h a m m e r

• Most importantly, be patient. Study your opponents after each failure, learn from mistakes, take breaks if you're dying too much. It'll be an uphill battle, but if you push hard enough you'll come through!

I played the first 10 minutes of Bloodborne. Those guys weren't kidding, it's really hard then I thought but the combat is easily the best part of the game, what's worse is the save points. I gotta watch some tips for beginners.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.