The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Where ya been?

AronDracula posted: »

How is everyone doing? I'm back.

• I requested a ban for a while because I was busy with my BAC exams.

DabigRG posted: »

Where ya been?

• Who is the girl on the far left?

• Oh, that's neat.
    Welcome back, dude!

I requested a ban for a while because I was busy with my BAC exams.

• If you're talking about the silver haired one...

Who is the girl on the far left?

• edited June 2018

The one with the brown hair? Kairi.

• lmao guys no shade meant but far left, as in that chick in the black coat with the blonde hair.

As for the answer I have no idea. I think this artwork is only including major characters from between 1 and 358/2, right? Strange that I can't recall her at all..

• Picture editing is really hard, and i'm very upset I was unable to produce the image I had in my head???

• edited June 2018

I don't think that's a girl.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

lmao guys no shade meant but far left, as in that chick in the black coat with the blonde hair. As for the answer I have no idea. I think

• poor Ackbar deserved so much better :cry:

undoubtedly the most damning thing about Last Jedi, yes

rip

lupinb0y posted: »

I don't think that's a girl.

• edited June 2018

Lol Ackbar has long since been ruined for me because of the memes so I was ultimately fine with what happened with him :p

Cocoa2736 posted: »

poor Ackbar deserved so much better undoubtedly the most damning thing about Last Jedi, yes rip

• edited June 2018

Sorry for the late reply.

I could be wrong and these are in fact just dumb nitpicks but... (large block of text incoming)

Some of the zombies didn't overrun the humans as fast despite how fast they did in the beginning, and how large a group one became.
    The part this came up in was when they first arrive in Daejeon (the first quarantined city).
    Surprisingly, many people still make it out on the train, but I feel like many should have still died given the size of the horde. From what we saw earlier on the train, passengers turned very quickly (due to being chomped in the neck and turning very quickly after their swift death) and the horde also quickly became an indoor tsunami of Zeds chasing a group of people down the train. When the whole army-and-civilian-zombie horde were alerted to the humans, they gave chase, but they hardly piled on top of each other like in the train. A bit later, zombies start falling out of a few overlooking windows. But the odd thing is that there seem to be so few at that point giving chase, and the ones who did fall from the window take so long to get back up leaving ample time for the passengers to get away. In news clips of the zombies, we see them fall from helicopters and get up super easy and fast.

Another odd point is when the main trio of guys were sneaking through the cars to save the pregnant woman. At one point they come across the boy's baseball friends, and there's this strange lull when the humans enter and the zombies see them.
    They don't immediately react or leap on them like the other zombies we've seen do. It's a short moment, but it contrasts with the reactions of other zombies throughout the movie.

The final inconsistency I noticed is in the final chase of the movie. The heroes jump onto the moving train, but the zombies catch up and some grab onto the railings and side-ladders of the train. Next, the crowd starts hanging onto each other, forming this kind of Monkey-Zombie-Chain, being dragged along the tracks and getting longer and longer. What baffles me is that all the zombies seem to grab onto this chain and non of them try to climb up try to get on top to get closer towards their prey. Maybe that can't happen because of the moving train - hey, I don't know what it's like to be dragged by a train - but in a world of relentless zombies like this, I kind of imagined to have more ruthless stampedes like we see in the first act.

...Not that all of this this made the movie hard to watch, no sir. It was still very enjoyable and terrifying to watch. Sorry if it seems that I'm not loving it or if I'm looking into it WAY too much -- if I'm missing the point, but it's just some things I noticed as a viewer that irked me. I just had to explain it all so nothing was missed. I like doing that.

I loved this movie. The zombies really freaked me out and I felt so bad for the characters by the end. some inconsistencies in the Zombies' actions in one scene vs. another What were the inconsistencies?

• Yeah lol Johnson probably was too like

"You're going to keep pestering me just to bring back some shitty meme? Fine then. Kiss your nostalgia goodbye you annoying little shits. :wink:"

Lol Ackbar has long since been ruined for me because of the memes so I was ultimately fine with what happened with him

• edited June 2018

It's been a while since I've seen it but it sounds like most of these are fair criticism. But I assume that most of these are done to make scenes more dramatic and to make sure that the movie isn't like a half hour long :P

However with that last bit.

I think it's because most of the zambies were being pulled by other zambles so it'd be hard for them try and climb up onto the train. Plus like you said it was moving and all that.

AChicken posted: »

Sorry for the late reply. I could be wrong and these are in fact just dumb nitpicks but... (large block of text incoming) (Spoiler)

• Welcome back, Aron!

I requested a ban for a while because I was busy with my BAC exams.

• edited June 2018

Ok, you need to take a breath for a minute and calm your fanboyism.

Who is making a bet that Cyberpunk 2077 is releasing in the next year?

That's pretty much impossible imo considering that they never showed any gameplay footage at E3. I could be wrong but I don't see it being released next year.

Cyberpunk 2977 is by farrrrr the most wanting game in gaming history!

Ok, this is nothing but something you got out of your mind. I personally am not that excited for it because CD didn't show enough for this game. They could do better than that. Plus, it's a new IP, it's not a sequel/prequel/reboot/remake. Also, did you not hear the fact that it got fan backlash because it's going to be a FPS game? Believe it or not, some people lost interest in it when they heard about this news (What a retarded reason, right? They might be the same people who criticized Resident Evil 7 for being a FPS game and when it was released, it proved that people are so fucking stupid)

Cyberpunk 2077 deserves Game Of The Year

Dude, how do you know that without learning about the gameplay or story details? Graphics don't mean anything if the game turns out to be an overhyped garbage (CoughCough Order 1886 CoughCough).

Sony has to stop saying (including it's blind loyal fans who seem to think Cyberpunk 2007 will lose to the The Last Of Us2,which is bullshit)that their game is better. It's not! It really really really really isn't better than Cyberpunk 2077.

You're lucky that I'm not that huge fan of TLOU. However, what makes you think Cyberpunk 2077 is better? This is not a Witcher game or clone, CD Project Red weren't popular before they released Witcher 3. Hell, I never even heard of the Witcher franchise and the company before 2015.
    You know the story could be worse than TLOU2.

I'm sorry i am just dealing blind loyal Sony fans on a comment section on YouTube

I feel you. I have the same feelings to Resident Evil and Star Wars fanbases. They are fucking cancer.

do you think Cyberpunk 2077(which will)will(it definitely will)win(YES it will win)GOTY?(yup it definitely will) or The Last Of Us 2 will win GOTY

You know what? Why should we care what game wins GOTY at Game Awards every year? They don't mean shit and they distract us from having fun with our games, everyone has their own opinion. Besides, there are a lot of stupid games that somehow managed to win nominations and/or awards, for example:

• Metal Gear Solid 5 won the best music score when that game barely had any soundtracks, there aren't even a lot of memorable ones. Bloodborne should have won instead.
    • PUBG, an early access game, was somehow nominated for the GOTY 2017. Like, are you fucking serious? It would have been a nightmare if that one took the cake instead of Zelda BOTW. Whoever chose to nominate it deserves to be fired.
    • Overwatch won GOTY 2016. HOW IS THAT FAIR? Uncharted 4 and DOOM are better than that shitty multiplayer game.
    • GTA 5 won GOTY over The Last of Us in 2013.

Just like how this guy said:

strwar3 posted: »

Who is making a bet that Cyberpunk 2077 is releasing in the next year? Probably in the fall? I do!!!! Btw? If Sony thinks The Last Of Us 2 i

• Here's a video of a crab eating chips.

• I'm did one hour and a half in God of War and I'm loving it so far. It's like a mix between The Last of Us, Uncharted and Dark Souls.

• Looks like the allegation against Chris Hardwick is falling apart. For those of you who might remember, a couple of weeks ago, a woman named Chloe Dykstra claimed that an unnamed ex of hers sexually, emotionally, and physically abused her, and despite never mentioning his name once in her allegations, people pointed the finger at Hardwick, host of AMC's Talking Dead, and for Telltale fans, the voice of Vaughn in TFTBL.

Well in the last week or so, along with Hardwick denying all of the allegations, 3 of Chris's ex girlfriends (Jacinda Barrett, Janet Varney, Andrea Savage) and his wife (Lydia Hearst) have all come out in support of Chris, saying he has never abused them. You also have the text messages between him and Ms. Dykstra that show that she cheated on him, Chris ending it, and she trying, months later, to get back together with him.

Despite this, many people still believe Dysktra, and Chris' career has been destroyed, or at the very least, tarnished, over what appears to be false accusations. He lost Nerdist, he lost his shows, he lost his spot of hosting AMC's Comic Con panel, all because of one girl's revenge quest. You had all the media attention surrounding the accusations, but practical silence for those coming out in support of Chris. You have 4 (5 if you count his mother in law) showing support for Chris, but that's not enough to undo one person's account.

• I bought a lot of games on Steam from Summer Sale. I bought:

• Half Life franchise
    • Portal 2
    • GMOD
    • Singularity
    • Left 4 Dead 2

I started with Half-Life cause that's the franchise the gets tons of praise and this stupid Half Life 3 Confirmed meme is everywhere.

• I certainly hope they're false in the end.

It's never good to see someone you (or even the general public) respect and/or admire get revealed that they have or have had malicious actions in the past. It's especially crushing right now with all the gross sexual misconduct allegations coming out against so many people.
    (There's also the discussion of whether someone's previously innocent work should be judged with current information or not, but I dont think this is the time or place to do so...)

I hope Hardwick gets cleared of these allegations, and that they're proven false.
    Say what you will about him IRL, but as a fan -- I know I'd be very sad if Vaughn doesn't appear in any future Borderlands material, be it from Telltale or the OG Devs.

Looks like the allegation against Chris Hardwick is falling apart. For those of you who might remember, a couple of weeks ago, a woman named

• edited June 2018

I'm now sad.

Just recently, (I think about 2 days ago), some news was released that Jay Harmer had died of cancer. Who is Jay? Well...
    If you're familiar with the Youtuber Nerd³ (nerd cubed), you may recall he did a video about a year ago with Jay as a part of this Wish-Kid foundation's "wish" thing (I believe it was Starlight?)
    He was quite the funny guy, and it seems the pair really enjoyed their time together. They seemed to become fast friends, given that he reappeared on many future videos.

Now, he's gone.

Naturally, I'm sad. But he's someone who liked to keep people uplifted rather than feeling sad about his disease. Dark humor was his fave, but I'm no expert in that so I won't even try to come up with one. So, I will show you Jay's humour so you can be happy too (or maybe sad once you start watching the final internet appearances of a dying man). Below are all the videos in which Jay is featured, and I figured I'd spread them to new eyes.
    Fuck you, Cancer....

"Plays... GTAV - Literally Cancer"

"Plays... GTAV - Two More"

"Cards Against Humanity - w/ Jay"

"Plays... Tiny Planes - With Two Jays!"

"Nerd³ is in Hospital"

"Star Trek VR: The Next Jay-neration"

"Star Trek VR: Deep Space Jay"

• edited June 2018

You also have the text messages between him and Ms. Dykstra that show that she cheated on him, Chris ending it, and she trying, months later, to get back together with him.

I have been looking at most recent Chloe Dykstra videos and bullshit accusations she made and now I feel like she is kinda a YUGE pain in the ass! Like OMG! What a Evil Woman she is! Like I recently thought Chris Hardwick did something wrong I guess that makes me eat some little crow and I feel like I jump the gun on this story little bit.

But now I think she should get fired from her job and face problems cause of this. Like she just destroyed a guy's career over bullshit accusations that are not true. Btw? She just destroyed a female point of view now cause if a female reports a actual crime committed by somebody like facts,abuse,or bullying? Ppl are not going to trust them anymore and start doubting their case. Thanks Chloe(you evil sob).

Looks like the allegation against Chris Hardwick is falling apart. For those of you who might remember, a couple of weeks ago, a woman named

• If you mean the blindfolded "girl," I'm positive that's Riku

• Literally what the fuck

You also have the text messages between him and Ms. Dykstra that show that she cheated on him, Chris ending it, and she trying, months later

• It is Chloe's fault now not Chris Hardwick. Again Thank You Chloe. God I hate this

Literally what the fuck

• Oh, no, I was referring to this:

Btw? She just destroyed a female point of view now cause if a female reports a actual crime committed by somebody like facts,abuse,or bullying? Ppl are not going to trust them anymore and start doubting their case. Thanks Chloe(you evil sob).

1) You're trying to turn it into a social issue that's already being dealt with.
    2) Have you ever heard of the phrase that one rotten apple doesn't make the whole bunch bad?
    3) Literally what the fuck

It is Chloe's fault now not Chris Hardwick. Again Thank You Chloe. God I hate this

• Not that anyone cares, but Bethesda's making a game called Starfield.

• It's especially crushing right now with all the gross sexual misconduct allegations coming out against so many people.

And that right there is the huge problem when you have people make false accusations like this, or in another case with Aziz Ansari where an anonymous woman essentially described a bad date with him as "sexual misconduct." It trivializes and delegitimizes actual harassment cases that movements like MeToo have sought to expose. You had the women or men come out against people like Harvey Weinstein or Kevin Spacey, those were real, actual instances of harassment, sexual misconduct, and even rape. People like Weinstein deserve to be in jail for their despicable actions, I'm not saying they shouldn't, but what I am saying is that when you have women who are going to use MeToo and TimesUp as clubs for revenge, instead of what their actual purpose is, than all it does is undo all the work and progress that has been made. It seems like Ms. Dykstra is riding the coattails of these movements for her own personal gain, and when people start doing that, it throws everything into jeopardy.

Another thing that's unsettling is just how one person's baseless accusations are taken directly at face value, and immediate guilt is thrown at the accused with little to no substantial evidence being put out, and if that's how stuff like this is going to go down, we're setting a dangerous legal precedent. I don't just mean in future sex harassment cases, I mean all criminal activity. It turns into a war of "He said, she said," and the burden of proof is always being put on the accused, instead of the accuser. The principle in all legal cases is the presumption of innocence, that a person is innocent until proven guilty.

ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat (“the burden of proof is on the one who declares, not on one who denies”)

But when its cases like this, it's turned around, it becomes guilty until proven innocent. And the problem is that whenever someone tries to point this out and try to stop people from jumping to conclusions, they're always labeled as victim shaming or defending these horrible actions. I don't understand why it has to be one or the other, that I either have to believe everything the accuser says and turn against the accused, or defend the accused and somehow support rape and harassment. Why can't I decry harassment and still say "Let's wait for the facts and see what happens."

AChicken posted: »

I certainly hope they're false in the end. It's never good to see someone you (or even the general public) respect and/or admire get reve

• Let's have a change of topic, please.

1.3 Avoid posting content that is obscene, gross, violent or otherwise NSFW. Also avoid discussions of topics that lead into controversial or inflammatory discussions such as politics or religion.

• That's not what I said! But because we have to change the topic now. I would like talk about some other things.

Oh, no, I was referring to this: Btw? She just destroyed a female point of view now cause if a female reports a actual crime committed

• edited June 2018

Well the Tanacon disaster just keeps on getting bad! Tanacon Disaster and a YouTube Meet and Greet was full of empty promises btw? I have been watching Shane Dawson's videos about this and yet....he is turning into a docudrama series in some way. Like Come on! It was a fire dumpster waiting to happen. PewDiePie knew it and Phillip Deflanco said it and many other ppl said it was a waste of time.

• Yup changing the topic,alright! sorry

Let's have a change of topic, please. 1.3 Avoid posting content that is obscene, gross, violent or otherwise NSFW. Also avoid discussions of topics that lead into controversial or inflammatory discussions such as politics or religion.

• edited July 2018

Great purchases.

Left 4 Dead 2... worth it for the workshop mods
    ye-eah

Dude modded in the first 3 games. This was the last and only one with a trailer.

I bought a lot of games on Steam from Summer Sale. I bought: * Half Life franchise * Portal 2 * GMOD * Singularity * Left 4 Dead 2

• Everyone is excited for this

Dex-Starr posted: »

Not that anyone cares, but Bethesda's making a game called Starfield.

• What were you trying to achieve and what were your results?

Dex-Starr posted: »

Picture editing is really hard, and i'm very upset I was unable to produce the image I had in my head???

• I was trying to make Ultra Instinct Clementine, and this crude image was the result. ???‍♂️

What were you trying to achieve and what were your results?

• holy shit now i actually have somebody to talk to on here again. gods be praised. how you doin man?

How is everyone doing? I'm back.

• The covers for the IMPULSE comics look really good. Also one of my favorite DC heroes

• I've got to say. I'm deeply worried for Telltale's future. It's been speculated for some time that they have had money troubles and now with his upcoming lawsuit started by talentless, worthless scumbag Kevin Bruner, I fear they might go defunct.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.