The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• edited May 2019

I'm studying in Australia so the semesters usually start in February (which is towards the end of summer) and end in May, then the second semester will restart in July (middle of winter) and end in September/October. Unless you have a trimester class system which is a whole other beast.

AChicken posted: »

Good luck. (and it's only the end of the first semester? In May? Did you start in winter, or...)

• OH MY GOD THE FORUMS ARE WORKING AGAIN I WAS SO SCARED

• What, did they blink out again?

OH MY GOD THE FORUMS ARE WORKING AGAIN I WAS SO SCARED

• Why am I painfully good at creating the perfect female outfits on the sims, yet awful at doing it for the males. I’ve set it once and I’ll say it again, y do women have better clothes than we do? ?

• Yeah, and they can just wear guy clothes and look good in them.

On the bright side guys get pockets!

Melton23 posted: »

Why am I painfully good at creating the perfect female outfits on the sims, yet awful at doing it for the males. I’ve set it once and I’ll say it again, y do women have better clothes than we do? ?

• Right, right, I forgot (a) you're in Australia, and (b) everything's upside down there (well, everything's upside down in the southern hemisphere)... Winter in July. Man, that confuses my brain...

lupinb0y posted: »

I'm studying in Australia so the semesters usually start in February (which is towards the end of summer) and end in May, then the second se

• Probably cause a general focus with half of female clothes is looking stylish/sexy, whereas males are more about the occasion.

Why am I painfully good at creating the perfect female outfits on the sims, yet awful at doing it for the males. I’ve set it once and I’ll say it again, y do women have better clothes than we do? ?

• Pretty sure I saw some random guy on the street openly ask these two random women if they wanted to fuck him ✌️

• :joy:
    How'd it go?

Pretty sure I saw some random guy on the street openly ask these two random women if they wanted to fuck him ✌️

• Hello,there.

Decided to go check up on here and i must admit i'm surprised these forums still exists.

• Rias!!!!! :lol:

iFoRias posted: »

Hello,there. Decided to go check up on here and i must admit i'm surprised these forums still exists.

• Anyone else remember that episode of Jimmy Neutron where Carls butt got pregnant?

• Try and picture the thickest cockney accent imaginable for everyone involved. It went something along the lines of:
    “excuuuse meeeee, would you like to come back to my plaaace”

“Nooo, sorreehh”
    Something like that, I walked past them by that point so I didn’t hear the rest ?

DabigRG posted: »

How'd it go?

• The McDonalds here are offering $20 off their order on Ubereats so I did what any sane person would do and got 7 hamburgers to last me a few days.

I now have 6 burgers because I wanted to eat one for greedy reasons.

• How good is telltale minecraft story mode, actually thinking to maybe buy it.

• edited June 2019

Yes, Saberspark. With a jellyfish, iirc,

@Melton23 Try and picture the thickest cockney accent imaginable for everyone involved. It went something along the lines of:
    “excuuuse meeeee, would you like to come back to my plaaace”

“Nooo, sorreehh”
    Something like that, I walked past them by that point so I didn’t hear the rest ?

Oh, okay, I thought you were being verbotose.

Da foq d'you live at then?

@lupinb0y The McDonalds here are offering $20 off their order on Ubereats so I did what any sane person would do and got 7 hamburgers to last me a few days.

I now have 6 burgers because I wanted to eat one for greedy reasons.

I thought a burger was only a dollar, with the price rising based on additions?

@Bruno113 How good is telltale minecraft story mode; actually thinking to maybe buy it?

I haven't played it myself either way, but don't play the Netflix version.

Anyone else remember that episode of Jimmy Neutron where Carls butt got pregnant?

• I thought a burger was only a dollar, with the price rising based on additions?

I live in Australia so hamburgers here are AUD 2.90 (around two American dollars).

DabigRG posted: »

Yes, Saberspark. With a jellyfish, iirc, @Melton23 Try and picture the thickest cockney accent imaginable for everyone involved. It we

• Oh. Dang.

I thought a burger was only a dollar, with the price rising based on additions? I live in Australia so hamburgers here are AUD 2.90 (around two American dollars).

• edited June 2019

Not saying I’m a fan of her, but do you guys remember when Brie Larson said “I don’t need a 40 year old white dude to tell me what didn’t work for him in a wrinkle in time, it wasn’t made for him”? I’d like to point out that she said “it wasn’t made for him” not “it wasn’t made for them”. Meaning she wasn’t generalising a specific social group, she was pointing out the glaring fact that people these days will watch anything just to come out feeling the need to shit all over it. She wasn’t supporting her feminist movement, at least not at that moment, she was actually pointing out a good fact that I somewhat agree with.

• Nah man clearly she's promoting white male genocide.

Not saying I’m a fan of her, but do you guys remember when Brie Larson said “I don’t need a 40 year old white dude to tell me what didn’t wo

• Tru

Nah man clearly she's promoting white male genocide.

• I've just completed all of my final assignments for the semester. I'm FREEEEEEEE!!!!!

• Good for you...I have 2 media studies and 2 maths left :’)

I've just completed all of my final assignments for the semester. I'm FREEEEEEEE!!!!!

• edited June 2019

I think I'm kinda burnt out on Open-world games at the moment... I started up Shadow of War a few days ago, wasn't feeling it. Tried Horizon Zero Dawn today (that one PS4 game people rave about far and wide -- been on my purchased backlog for a long while), and while I liked the tutorial, visuals, and story/world, when it opened up a bit more I just didn't have much motivation to play it.
    Eh, I'll leave those two for another time then... got to find something more linear.

• If you're interested in a linear story based game I highly recommend A Plague Tale: Innocence, the game I wouldn't shut up about a couple weeks ago.

I think I'm kinda burnt out on Open-world games at the moment... I started up Shadow of War a few days ago, wasn't feeling it. Tried Horizon

• I’m one of those who agree that Horizon was a tad bit overrated. Sure I was ecstatic when the game opened, the visuals, animations and the environment felt amazing, but as I progressed the story became boring, the plot was lost on me, the combat was repetitive and exploring wasn’t as rewarding as I’d have liked.

I think I'm kinda burnt out on Open-world games at the moment... I started up Shadow of War a few days ago, wasn't feeling it. Tried Horizon

• I'll probably get it... One day, during some sale. I hadn't realised it was a ~66$ game up here, wow!

It's kinda been on my radar, but I'm hesitant in getting it. Some people say it's great, with some fun gameplay, good voice-acting, and a good story and world. Other people say it's overrated, with some poor voice-acting, shallow gameplay, and unimpressive story.
    At a glance, it kinda reminds me of Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice. Looks like an indie game with a big AAA budget for environments, some simple gameplay, and a unique(?) story.

If you're interested in a linear story based game I highly recommend A Plague Tale: Innocence, the game I wouldn't shut up about a couple weeks ago.

• edited June 2019

So it looks pretty official. The Honest Game Trailers series is cancelled and all the videos got deleted from youtube.

• edited June 2019

It is a AA game that has AAA visuals. It has that good old eurojank.

The acting for the main characters Amicia and Hugo are legitimately fantastic and most of the cast are very well voiced as well, but there are definitely a few lines that could have been done better. Not because of voice acting but mostly from the inflection of the voice not really fitting the scene. The villain is pretty moustache twirly but his voice acting is still pretty good in a cartoon villain sort of way.

The gameplay isn't amazing by any means but I found it to be pretty fun, plus you get a few different options when dealing with enemies and stuff like that, and feeding enemies to the rats can be pretty satisfying in a sadistic sort of way. The enemy AI isn't great and they do that "must've been the wind" thing when distracting enemies.

The story is great but if you're expecting a completed grounded story set in during plague times you're gonna be disappointed. Things are definitely exaggerated (most particularly the rats) for gameplay and story reasons but they do give you hints to this early on. Things can get weird and that's what I liked about it.

The animations are also really good but they do get a little wonky at times but these moments are relatively few and far between.

At a glance, it kinda reminds me of Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice. Looks like an indie game with a big AAA budget for environments, some simple gameplay, and a unique(?) story.

Yeah I've seen a number of comparisons between the two games in terms of all those things. I haven't played Hellblade though.

I'll probably get it... One day, during some sale. I hadn't realised it was a ~66$ game up here, wow! It's kinda been on my radar, but I'

• edited June 2019

Well that all sounds enjoyable! I'll keep it on my sale radar.

I haven't played Hellblade though.

Well, you're in for another AA game, AAA budget treat if ever you pick it up. When they made the game, the dev team (Ninja Theory) was only about 20 people. Since then, Microsoft picked them up to make games for next-gen, and Google tells me they've got 100 people there now...

About Hellblade, it's an action-adventure horror game inspired by Norse Celtic mythology. You play as this Celtic warrior Senua, who must make her way to Helheim to rescue the soul of her lover. Senua suffers from the mental condition of Psychosis, which the game really tries to get you to experience, if you use headphones.

The visuals and audio production are really, really well-made, specifically the motion capture of Senua herself.
    The gameplay, while not groundbreaking, is still very enjoyable. It's split into walking segments/puzzle segments where you'll get relayed backstory of Senua's past or the world, and there's combat sections, too. The combat is tight, simple hack-and-slash gameplay. You've got a heavy and light attack, but there are a good number of different combos to pull off against different enemies.

The way they incorporate the hallucinations and voices Senua hears is really interesting. As above, the game recommends you use headphones, since they produced the game with binaural sound, best used for those. During combat, it's important to listen up because the voices can tell you if an enemy is sneaking up behind you. I can't really explain it all, but it's a part of the game strewn throughout, and an experience best heard for yourself. They blended an interesting world and mythology with an underlying message about mental health, and it really got me interested in looking up Psychosis after finishing the game.

So slap some headphones on and try it out sometime.

It is a AA game that has AAA visuals. It has that good old eurojank. The acting for the main characters Amicia and Hugo are legitimately

• Cool! I may check it out when it's on sale.

Well that all sounds enjoyable! I'll keep it on my sale radar. I haven't played Hellblade though. Well, you're in for another

• I watched Godzilla: King of Monsters. It's... not amazing but it's not bad, at least half of it isn't anyway.

All the monster stuff is actually great. Lots of action with these big dumb monsters and Godzilla gets a ton more screentime than the previous movie, Mothra is majestic as hell, and King Gidorah is pretty threatening. If you're looking to see big dumb monsters duke it out then this is the movie for you. Also the cinematography is really good like the previous movie.

However.

Damn near everything to do with the humans is pretty terrible, with the only likable character really being Ken Watanabe's character. They also really try to get you to feel for one of the antagonists for the movie but I have no idea why considering the character does stuff that are pretty irredeemable. The humans are really boring and uninteresting and they take up most of the movie so I get why a lot of the reviews have been really harsh. Granted they might be slightly more interesting than military man from the 2014 movie but this isn't really that much of an upgrade. I wasn't expecting much from it but goddamn.

I've seen people saying how the human problem is in a lot of Godzilla movies and that people should just focus on the monsters. I don't understand why this matters. Just because the writing for the humans was shit in the previous movies doesn't mean this one has to follow suit. They should be improving on what didn't work before instead of doubling down on it. What a stupid ass reason to defend the movie.

Overall, I'd say it's an enjoyable movie if you want to just see some monster mayhem. But if you're looking for anything more you'll probably be disappointed.

• This place took a huge hit after that jump-scare. Like 3 people are left. Did anyone fully move to Reddit? That’s where i’ve been for the past few months.

• Literally the next day, a new Honest Game Trailers is published.

AronDracula posted: »

So it looks pretty official. The Honest Game Trailers series is cancelled and all the videos got deleted from youtube.

• A bunch of people did but then the website came back up so the few that are left are just staying here til it blows up, then I assume we'll return to the subreddit.

This place took a huge hit after that jump-scare. Like 3 people are left. Did anyone fully move to Reddit? That’s where i’ve been for the past few months.

• Not a lot of people speak though. before I originally left, there were more people talking but not so much now.

A bunch of people did but then the website came back up so the few that are left are just staying here til it blows up, then I assume we'll return to the subreddit.

• What is life?

Literally the next day, a new Honest Game Trailers is published.

• edited June 2019

Okay, real life talk time.

After much deliberation and thought in the past 2 weeks, I've decided to accept my offer of admission for the George Brown College 3-Year Theatre Performance program.
    Woooo!! While the other school's Camera + Voice program was appealing given that it focused on Media Acting that I don't have experience/skills in, this one seemed like the more intensive, focused, respected, and successful course.
    It probably helps that I literally just took their Preparatory Theatre program, too.
    Plus, out of the 7 students from my T-Prep course who signed up, only 3 of us have gotten accepted so far, so that's got to mean something good.

And, even though I live in the same city as the college (albeit on the outside suburbs, an hour's commute away), muh family and I have agreed to sign up to get in their residence, for convenience and cause I want more independence in my life.

• edited June 2019

A new Borderlands DLC at this point is all but confirmed, and I cannot contain my excitement. The name of the DLC is Commander Lilith and the Fight For Sanctuary.

Based on available information, we now have:

• The level cap being raised from Level 72 to Level 80. This one interests me as I'm currently trying to go through the Raid on Digistruct Peak DLC and reach Overpowered Level 8 (currently stuck on 7).
    • New Rainbow Rarity gear. I've heard about this a couple of months ago, but I don't really know what it is. I think it's supposed to be even rarer than pearlescent weapons, but I'm not really sure. Still pretty cool though.
    • New psycho style enemies. Some sort of weird mutation of plants and psychos, don't know how else to elaborate on that.
    • Returning characters such as Tiny Tina and Brick.
    • The DLC is supposedly FREE and coming out June 9th (not sure about this since that's a Sunday, but we'll see)
    • Some screenshots are featured in the video above.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.