The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Why am I just learning that Apple used a Megadeth song in their iPhone commercial? It's not even one of their more commercially recognized songs, it's the opening track from their debut album, that's what makes it even cooler.

• Aw yeah, I got into a class all about storytelling in animation and if you know me I love me some aminations.

Hopefully this'll be an interesting class to be in.

• edited June 2019

They announced a new Yooka Laylee game which is what I was hoping they'd do! But this time it's a 2D side scrolling platformer ala Donkey Kong Country, though its got a 3D overworld which you can explore so that'll be cool. I'm a little disappointed that it's not a full 3D platformer like the previous game, it had its problems but I overall had a ton of fun with it, but I like that they're changing things up. It looks like it's using a bunch of assets from the previous game which is fine. This makes me feel like they'll eventually do an actual sequel down the line.

Also apparently they had plans for DLC (I was a backer on the Kickstarter but somehow didn't know this) but it seems like Playtonics is focusing they're efforts on this at the moment which is a little shady since it's been two years since its release date.

• Still alive.

• so uhhhh forums are back???

who's the madlad that keeps renewing our certificates?

• okay, this is epic

• Dang this is crazy.

• Holy shit, it's finally working again.
    I figured it might stop shitting out after a while and made sure not to actually log out just in case.
    Still, how many days was it like this? And more importantly, how many people do you think either logged out or just gave up on the community?

• The last posts were from June 7, so let's say it was out 10 or 11 days. I thought it was gone for good this time.

DabigRG posted: »

Holy shit, it's finally working again. I figured it might stop shitting out after a while and made sure not to actually log out just in cas

• It wasn't that it was gone so much as it wasn't reading anyone's profiles as properly signed in, for some reason.
    I made sure not to sign out though, for obvious reasons.

WarpSpeed posted: »

The last posts were from June 7, so let's say it was out 10 or 11 days. I thought it was gone for good this time.

• edited June 2019

OH YEAH! We're back!

• Hooray, the community has been un-snapped. :smiley:

• I see the forums are merely mostly dead.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

"The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated"
    -Telltale Forums

• Will the forums just make up their mind if they want to lay down and die or not? I'm tired of getting my hopes up, only for them to come crashing down the moment they stop working, and this has happened several times now.

• I can't believe it's alive!

AGAIN!

• The API server at https://api.telltale.com/ was returning an error 503, which was a Service Unavailable error. When that server is down, the web site doesn't know who anyone is. It wasn't just a reboot that fixed it, though, because that server used to serve up the old Symantec certificate, and now it's been updated to use the new certificate that the main site uses. I guess we'll see if it gets updated again on July 15.

It wasn't that it was gone so much as it wasn't reading anyone's profiles as properly signed in, for some reason. I made sure not to sign out though, for obvious reasons.

• Fuck you, forums. Stop fucking with my mind.

• So many heart attacks. I don't mind if it dies, I just want to be prepared

Will the forums just make up their mind if they want to lay down and die or not? I'm tired of getting my hopes up, only for them to come crashing down the moment they stop working, and this has happened several times now.

• Hi!

It wasn't that it was gone so much as it wasn't reading anyone's profiles as properly signed in, for some reason. I made sure not to sign out though, for obvious reasons.

• Sup, Dennis! Good to see more than five people are still around.

Ghetsis posted: »

Hi!

• edited June 2019

I was at a 7-hour movie marathon of the Toy Story movies today with my dad. Man, it's a good series. (though the narrative formula of "Oh no, X is missing and we need to get them back to [owner written on boot]" does get a bit eye-roll-inducing by the fourth one).

But the fourth one was good. Fun locales, fun new characters, compassionate and sympathetic antagonist, gorgeous animation LIKE OH MY GOD IT LOOKS SO REAL NOW GUYS, and another nice conclusion -- a definitive conclusion -- to the series. Just let this franchise die its graceful death, Pixar. You cannot, I repeat, cannot make another sequel to this. I won't forgive you for it.

But, I still think Toy Story 3 is the best. This new one had one too many narrative leaps and confusing stakes, that it shattered my suspension of disbelief for a bit.
    Is it good? Yes.
    Did we need it? No. Number 3 is totally fine as an ending to the series.

Oh yeah and if you're a fan of the old Pixar short 'Tin Toy', you'll really like a specific moment in the film.

EDIT: I totally forgot, yeah number 3 made me cry (again), and number 4 is also one to give you feels at the end, too.

• Well, Pixar just confirmed that they are going to focus on new IPs after TS4. They are going to stay away from making sequels/prequels for a while so that means: no Incredibles 3, no Toy Story 5, no Monsters Inc. 2, no Ratatouille 2, no Finding 3, no Cars 4 and so on.

AChicken posted: »

I was at a 7-hour movie marathon of the Toy Story movies today with my dad. Man, it's a good series. (though the narrative formula of "Oh no

• This is what I call a pro gamer move ??

• I actually logged out a few days ago just to see what would happen...apparently nothing.

Holy shit, it's finally working again. I figured it might stop shitting out after a while and made sure not to actually log out just in cas

• Really? Did it fuck itself so bad that it unfucked somethings?

Melton23 posted: »

I actually logged out a few days ago just to see what would happen...apparently nothing.

• So people moved to Reddit, I hear?

• edited June 2019

Yeah, we even started a subreddit for forum refugees but no one really uses it, through 60+ people have joined. A good amount have started to use TWDG subreddit where Melissa just recently hosted an AMA and is planning to come back for another one.

So people moved to Reddit, I hear?

• Just came back from watching Toy Story 4. I loved it. One of my favourite movies this year so far. It was fun, emotional and at times surprisingly creepy. It is very much an end to the series, though that's what we said last time but I hope this one sticks. Though I wouldn't mind a few shorts or even a miniseries or something like that for Disney Plus.

I was getting emotional right from the start but when it got to the end I had tears dripping down my face. The voice acting is once again spectacular, and characters for the most part are well written, entertaining and funny. However I wish certain characters had gotten more screen time. The antagonist (Gabby) is great, very well written and you really truly felt for her. I loved what they did with her. Duke Kaboom, the stunt toy was really fun, Keanu Reeves did a good job being over the top with the character.

I don't have much to complain other than certain characters not having as much screen time as I would have liked, and there are some moments where you're gonna have to remember that it's a cartoon that you shouldn't take too seriously.

Overall, absolutely go watch it. This is the definitive end to the series for a beloved 20 year old franchise that many people grew up with. If you grew up watching these movies there isn't much reason for you not to watch it.

• Has anyone seen X-Men Dark Phoenix?

• Emotional in the same sense as Toy story 3? I take hints too seriously and need some clearance

lupinb0y posted: »

Just came back from watching Toy Story 4. I loved it. One of my favourite movies this year so far. It was fun, emotional and at times surpri

• My family and I moved down to Savannah, we're walking around the city, I look to my left and guess what I see a few blocks away...The Marshal House. The real life hotel that The Marsh House from S1 is based on. I actually never knew it was based off of a real place, it looked exactly like it.

• Someone mentioned that a while back.

My family and I moved down to Savannah, we're walking around the city, I look to my left and guess what I see a few blocks away...The Marsha

• I'd say so. It gives closure to the characters we've come to know and love.

Melton23 posted: »

Emotional in the same sense as Toy story 3? I take hints too seriously and need some clearance

• Former Telltale PR person Emily Morganti, who makes a lot of miniatures and dollhouses and things, is constructing a roombox of Sam & Max's office!

http://www.emilymorganti.com/blog/?p=14575

• Neat stuff! I'll have to keep tabs.

WarpSpeed posted: »

Former Telltale PR person Emily Morganti, who makes a lot of miniatures and dollhouses and things, is constructing a roombox of Sam & Max's office! http://www.emilymorganti.com/blog/?p=14575

• I learned about that ages ago, when I used to navigate through Walking Dead wiki.

My family and I moved down to Savannah, we're walking around the city, I look to my left and guess what I see a few blocks away...The Marsha

• edited June 2019

Going to put a spoiler here just in case I’m actually right

So I guess it might be safe to assume, judging by the trailer and the way people are saying that ToyStory 4 is an emotional movie, with you confirming that it’s somewhat similar to Toystory3, Sheriff Woody may or may not leave the rest of the toys to live a new life with Bo. Could be wrong but that’ll be the theory I’ll be thinking of when I go in to watch it. Either that or Bo is evil and Woody fooken kills her or smthn.

lupinb0y posted: »

I'd say so. It gives closure to the characters we've come to know and love.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.