The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• In 2016 I posted a drawing of Carver I did which, looking back on it, is pretty shitty. So I wanted to try redrawing it with a screenshot from the game as reference.

• Hi all,

I hope you all are doing good. I remember I use to come on here a lot and I see a lot of familiar faces. It seems like the forums fell down but came back up at some point. I'm surprised they're still up if I'm honest.

Lord bless you all!

• The websites certificate was renewed for another year for some reason which is why there are still people hanging out around here. But the website has been going up and down the past couple days.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

Hi all, I hope you all are doing good. I remember I use to come on here a lot and I see a lot of familiar faces. It seems like the forums

• edited July 2019

Welcome back to Schrödinger's website, Cocoa!

Cocoa2736 posted: »

Hi all, I hope you all are doing good. I remember I use to come on here a lot and I see a lot of familiar faces. It seems like the forums

• edited July 2019

Ok this is a bit weird.
    In the case of TWD, the remaster is pretty substantial and different than the other products (given that it's all going to be in a bundle rather than 4 separate remastered games), but I'm not a Steam-remaster expert on what has and has not already qualified on their end as a free/discount ownership deal.

• edited July 2019

This is veeery nice. Kinda makes me want to try some black and white filter on my TV for the Definitive Series. Even though it won't compare, the look of the games will be a bit more in line with the comics, so....

lupinb0y posted: »

In 2016 I posted a drawing of Carver I did which, looking back on it, is pretty shitty. So I wanted to try redrawing it with a screenshot from the game as reference.

• Allow me to summarize:

Epic bad, Fortnite bad, Steam good, Gaben good.

AChicken posted: »

Ok this is a bit weird. In the case of TWD, the remaster is pretty substantial and different than the other products (given that it's all g

• Gaben good

Except he can't count to 3

Allow me to summarize: Epic bad, Fortnite bad, Steam good, Gaben good.

• Oh hey the 'Jobs' and 'Company' tabs have [unfortunately] finally been removed from the site. Wow.

Who the hell keeps meddling with the site's stuff? Licenses and the like... Is it Skybound??

• Don't do that. Don't give me hope.

Oh hey the 'Jobs' and 'Company' tabs have [unfortunately] finally been removed from the site. Wow. Who the hell keeps meddling with the site's stuff? Licenses and the like... Is it Skybound??

• Why did they change the domain name to "forum". I couldn't log in all day because couldn't figure out what had changed till I clicked random buttons.

• edited July 2019

The trade mark for the community section of the website has also been changed to 2019 like the homepage.

Why did they change the domain name to "forum". I couldn't log in all day because couldn't figure out what had changed till I clicked random buttons.

• Does anyone think the moon and fire would be a good representation of chloe, the sun being a good representation of max, and wind being a good representation of rachel?

• I didn't realize!

Why did they change the domain name to "forum". I couldn't log in all day because couldn't figure out what had changed till I clicked random buttons.

• If it was Skybound wouldn't https://telltale.com/series/the-walking-dead-season-4/#buy have also been updates and replaced Steam with EpicGames? ?

Oh hey the 'Jobs' and 'Company' tabs have [unfortunately] finally been removed from the site. Wow. Who the hell keeps meddling with the site's stuff? Licenses and the like... Is it Skybound??

• Either I’m the only one who was blocked off of the site for nearly a while week straight, or this has become the norm and being oofed is just another Tuesday over here.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

The forum has been acting up for most of the week, it now appears to have a new URL so it's possible that the errors where due to some unknown person changing things.

Melton23 posted: »

Either I’m the only one who was blocked off of the site for nearly a while week straight, or this has become the norm and being oofed is just another Tuesday over here.

• They've also messed up the code for the forum built-in avatars (they used to come from cdn.telltalegames.com, which is still up, but the link has changed to something that doesn't exist). So 'til they fix that, if they do, my avatar will be broken.

• edited July 2019

SPOILER ALERT: Might contain some spoilers. Hello, i have a question about life is strange, hoping someone could answer to me cuz it kinda ruins the game for me.When Max travels thru photos, creating alternative timelines, changing history, for example one with Chloe in a wheel chair and the one with Warren where they can kiss or hug. Do these choices matter in those timelines, i mean will that timeline still exist and continue to exist after max comes back to normal timeline. Are there like hundreds of Max that exist in timelines. Do these timelines never exist again after Max leaves them or they still continue to exist.

• Okay, is that what it was? Cause it wasn't until I came back a little while ago that I got the idea to click community when I checked this tab again.

• In the end, your choices don't matter because at the end of the game you get two choices that ruin all you're choices anyways.

Bruno113 posted: »

SPOILER ALERT: Might contain some spoilers. Hello, i have a question about life is strange, hoping someone could answer to me cuz it kinda r

• I assume she just erases those timelines.

SPOILER ALERT: Might contain some spoilers. Hello, i have a question about life is strange, hoping someone could answer to me cuz it kinda r

• edited July 2019

Nope, Max resets her whole adventure by just killing Chloe and none of the shit she's been through ever happened or she is just selfish to save her hot-headed friend over a defenseless city and just walks away like nothing happened, killing everyone she saved/kept alive

• I feel like.. I feel like whoever is doing this was a Telltale employee and someone who used to actively work on the forums and forum servers etc. After he/she left, somehow he/she still has access to it and that is why he/she keeps renewing certificates and has even edited the site itself! Whoever it is, I wish they would make themselves known.

• I get the feeling that whoever is making these changes is not a professional web developer.

Ghetsis posted: »

I feel like.. I feel like whoever is doing this was a Telltale employee and someone who used to actively work on the forums and forum server

• edited July 2019

Oh my god this place is still up!
    I've been getting 404s for the past 2 days...

Edit: I don't know what's up with this new /forum domain, since my URLs still show /community.
    /forum leads to a 404

• Wait, now it's community again?

• I' guessing whoever's doing maintenance realized/noticed what was causing the recent errors and so reset them for convenience.

Oh my god this place is still up! I've been getting 404s for the past 2 days... Edit: I don't know what's up with this new /forum domain, since my URLs still show /community. /forum leads to a 404

• edited July 2019

So..... Anyone check out any of the old/recent Telltale games yet? I've heard on Reddit that a lot of them try to connect to the now non-existent servers and simply don't boot up anymore. Batman, ANF, MCSM... I haven't tried for myself just yet, but I've been thinking of revisiting a few recently. I've heard Guardians still works so that's cool! :p

DEATH EDIT: So, in the past 10 minutes, not 10 seconds after I posted, the whole site became a radiation hazard for the internet or something. Icons broke, I was logged out, the url became 'amazon.aws.server' something, and my browser was really convinced that this site was bad news.

• When the fuck are you going to decide to die, you stupid-ass fucking piece of shit forum?

• It's BACK. AGAIN.

• Holy shit, this going down or at least stagnating for days like that is getting annoying. I haven't done much of anything with Batman TEW in weeks in part because this place keeps blanking and delaying our ability to post or even access drafts(which is hella useful, btw) and with that, my drive to even work with it.

I can backup Chicken's theory however by pointing out that it does indeed switch between forum and community--when it wasn't just down altogether.

• Why will you not make up your mind website? Either lay down and die or stay up, stop going in between.

• edited July 2019

I really think we need to hire an exorcist for this place....

What. The. Hell.
    (you know, it's funny. I was just reading a post on reddit about how the forums might be dead for good, since everything about the forums was down.. But I guess not?)

EDIT: Oh yeah, and the forum is back to using the '/forum' url??!
    Geez!

• So I ended up watching Crawl after seeing the surprisingly positive reviews for it and I've gotta say, it's pretty darn good! It's a fun alligator filled romp and doesn't try to be anything more than it is. There's some pretty good kills, one character gets so absolutely destroyed that you just can't help but feel bad for them, and the CGI and effects are legitimately good looking. The floods and gators look great! The movie made me feel really anxious almost throughout its run time and they do a good job of making these miniature dinosaurs absolutely terrifying.

It's not gonna win any awards with its writing or characters, but if you're looking for a fun and entertaining movie I recommend it.

• Anyway, yesterday, I finally earned platinum from The Walking Dead The Final Season. This is something the previous Telltale titles lacked a lot. Multiple trophies/achievements that aren't story progress base, that's what made them easy for platinum hunters. The worst part is easily the lack of chapter rewind. Why the fuck should I replay an entire episode just to make alternative choices for the sake of trophies? Telltale's bullshit excuse of removing it is still bullshit. Not used by many doesn't mean it was useless. Does coding the restarting checkpoints even cost money? If not, then laziness was so high for them. Also, this game had terrible checkpoints? Why the fuck are you forcing me to watch a cutscene until I reach the point where I shoot rabits/spear fishes in episode 1? That was on the same level of bullshit as Resident Evil 6.

Aside fron that, I'm finally done with TWD. Played all seasons and earned every trophy. I will take a break from them for a long time until I'm interested in replaying them again. Best part is, I will never and I mean NEVER EVER touch The Walking Dead A New Frontier (#NotMySeason3) ever in fucking life. It's garbage, it killed the studio and it doesn't do shit for the end of Clementine's story. I will never forget how that game ruined my life forever. Season 1,2 and 4 are the only games I will replay. Also, I don't have Michonne and I'm glad. Played it on PC and will never play it again because it has no reason to exist unless they have done a better story.

• Huh. I figured this place was dead for good.

Anyway, life is going well. It's been almost a year living with my girlfriend and her son.
    I just wish he was an antisocial introvert like I was. Dude never wants to do ANYTHING by himself. It's exhausting and I miss doing things and watching movies inappropriate for a 4yr old.

• Sounds like me and my current youngest nephew.

Johro posted: »

Huh. I figured this place was dead for good. Anyway, life is going well. It's been almost a year living with my girlfriend and her son.

• So i bought new headset hyperx cloud alpha and im wondering do i need a good sound card for it or i can just plug it into my pc

• I was able to "fix" my avatar by re-selecting it under user preferences. At least until the forums switch around again.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.