The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Honestly don't know how the fuck I'm still here....

• Eyy welcome back (even if it's just to pop in and say hi)!

It's not dead. Not totally anyway, but the website seems to die and resuscitate itself every few days.

Johro posted: »

Huh. I figured this place was dead for good. Anyway, life is going well. It's been almost a year living with my girlfriend and her son.

• Funny enough, I just bought one for my mom. Honestly, it shouldn't need anything to get the best out of the headset. Plug it in and make sure the "7.1" on the soundcard/usb extention is red and it should be all set. Though, I haven't looked up any software that's supposed to boost audio through headsets. I've just been using what windows provides.

Bruno113 posted: »

So i bought new headset hyperx cloud alpha and im wondering do i need a good sound card for it or i can just plug it into my pc

• Johro!
    I'm surprised to see you pop back in here... The site itself has been going down and coming back like it's the most undead zombie you've ever seen, so you're partially right on that claim.

Huh. I figured this place was dead for good. Anyway, life is going well. It's been almost a year living with my girlfriend and her son.

• edited July 2019

edit::Uh…. this is the website's fault, not mine. (A double post 10 minutes apart!? Wow!)

• Guess who is able to login and show their ugly mug around here once again... this guy

• Is anyone else just still really bitter about the Telltale being gone? Like, angry. I know its worn off for everyone, and it sort of has for me, but Telltale left the industry too soon and they had so much potential to create so many great games down the line. I feel like we're living in an alternate reality where things went south for the company. I know it was imminent, but a better leadership team would've helped more. Too little too late I guess.

• With a new CEO I fell like Telltale was going in the right direction but as doing so to late. Only if the money deal went through they might have had a change to make a comeback under the new CEO.

Ghetsis posted: »

Is anyone else just still really bitter about the Telltale being gone? Like, angry. I know its worn off for everyone, and it sort of has for

• Epic Games have been giving hundreds of millions of dollars to other companies in the last few years. People keep hating on EGS but Steam is the monopoly, and let's face it you can't just play nice if you want to compete with one. Let's not forget how Epic are always re-investing in the video games industry.

If only Telltale got that kind of support. I wouldn't mind their games being EGS exclusive for PC if it meant the company would still stay afloat. Bit of a controversial opinion, I know.

mn9dude posted: »

With a new CEO I fell like Telltale was going in the right direction but as doing so to late. Only if the money deal went through they might have had a change to make a comeback under the new CEO.

• I don't mind the Epic Launcher honestly. While it might be lacking on some features Steam has if you look at there Trello page you can see they are improving to add the same features as most launcher have now of days.

Epic Games have been giving hundreds of millions of dollars to other companies in the last few years. People keep hating on EGS but Steam is

• edited July 2019

Tfw Skybound got the Epic exclusivity deal and not Telltale :angry:
    (Yeah, yeah, the deal helped TWD finish up, so it's not all bad)

Epic Games have been giving hundreds of millions of dollars to other companies in the last few years. People keep hating on EGS but Steam is

• Hooray! Welcome back.

Guess who is able to login and show their ugly mug around here once again... this guy

• I am bitter. It sucks especially for the 250 or so people that were fired, but as a fan, yeah, it still hurts. What I always find the worst is that, for years, fans had been able to notice the problems in Telltale, hell, even non-fans could see that things weren't good for them, and they did absolutely nothing to correct themselves. Honestly, the fans could have ran the company better than the actual management team, at least they'd be able to identify the problems and try and do something about it, instead of acting like everything was fine and keep going on and hoping that this next game will be a smash hit.

Is anyone else just still really bitter about the Telltale being gone? Like, angry. I know its worn off for everyone, and it sort of has for

• Not sure if many people will be pleased that I logged on again, but it means a lot that you are :smile: Hope you have been well man

AChicken posted: »

Hooray! Welcome back.

• But with the Epic Games Store launching at a time where Three Episodes of The Walking Dead: The Final Season would have been released if Telltale hadn't shut down, would they pull The Final Season from Steam knowing that in doing so, it would attract a lot of backlash, distrust and even an exodus of fans?
    Skybound were an exception because Epic provided support to help complete The Walking Dead: The Final Season, but had it been Telltale in that scenario, by which I mean making it an Epic Exclusive in exchange for several millions to keep them afloat, several people, on here, anywhere, would be quick to call out Telltale on their "greed" and "anti-consumer" practices.
    Apologies for the messy comment, I've been gone for months and I am yet to discover how to speak clearly through text

• edited July 2019

Going off the information that the noclip Documentary presented, Pete was working his ass off for months, up until Telltale's closure, to secure funding. I feel awful for him, spending an entire year with the pressure and stress of knowing that failure to secure funding will lead to the company's closure and the loss of 250+ jobs.

The work that Telltale produced under his tenure was some of their very best, The Walking Dead: The Final Season was fantastic, Stranger Things was looking great, and contrary to popular belief because of the rumours that were spread, The Wolf Among Us Season Two sounded like it was going to be a sequel that was worth the wait. Stephen J. McManus, a veteran Telltale Employee came out around the time of the origin of the "Three Episode Season" rumour and dismissed it as being false, so why that is still believed today is beyond me.

Back on track, this year would have been awesome if we still had Telltale, we would have Stranger Things and The Wolf Among Us Season Two, it just sucks so much that what happened is a reality, not a cruel nightmare.

mn9dude posted: »

With a new CEO I fell like Telltale was going in the right direction but as doing so to late. Only if the money deal went through they might have had a change to make a comeback under the new CEO.

• The work that Telltale produced under his tenure was some of their very best, The Walking Dead: The Final Season was fantastic, Stranger Things was looking great, and contrary to popular belief because of the rumours that were spread, The Wolf Among Us Season Two sounded like it was going to be a sequel that was worth the wait.

Not to mention Batman: The Enemy Within which despite its low sales is considered one of Telltales best. It definitely felt like we were going to enter a new era of Telltale. Too bad we never got to see it.

Pete was working his ass off for months, up until Telltale's closure, to secure funding. I feel awful for him, spending an entire year with the pressure and stress of knowing that failure to secure funding will lead to the company's closure and the loss of 250+ jobs.

I feel like regardless whether or not he was working as hard as he could to keep the company afloat, he should have made sure that no new hires were being taken in and given the employees some sort of notice of a potential fallout.

Going off the information that the noclip Documentary presented, Pete was working his ass off for months, up until Telltale's closure, to se

• Minor far from home spoiler right here

Watched the movie last night, good movie, but I can’t help but feel like people are getting “the snap” and “the blip” totally confused. I mean it was a pretty late feeling so I was kinda tired so I may or may not have missed or forgotten about something, but to me it seemed like whenever they said “the blip” they were talking about, oh idk, people literally blipping back into existence rather than disintegrating? I mean they hardly mentioned the first snap, but they do go on to mention people who were misplaced by “the blip” meaning people who came back younger than they should be whereas everyone they know is older, due to blipping back into existence after 5 years. Can anyone confirm whether they were actually referring to the first snap or am I actually right for once and y’all are just stoppid?

• Drew a mock up comic cover for a series taking place after TFS. It's based on artwork by Wuzere which itself is based on the Walking Dead Colouring Book.

• Not to mention Batman: The Enemy Within which despite its low sales is considered one of Telltales best. It definitely felt like we were going to enter a new era of Telltale. Too bad we never got to see it.

I completely forgot to mention Batman: The Enemy Within, although I specifically mentioned The Walking Dead: The Final Season as it was the first ( and sadly last) game that shipped under Hawley. I agree with it being one of their best, definitely deserved more in sales.

I feel like regardless whether or not he was working as hard as he could to keep the company afloat, he should have made sure that no new hires were being taken in and given the employees some sort of notice of a potential fallout

True, looking back, he should have gave the 60 day notice required, but we can only guess what the Board was telling him, I'm not saying that it was completely their idea to withhold a potential closure and mass layoffs to the employees, Pete could have did that by himself, but when looking at the stories that have come out, the Board were awful confident of securing funding, that the potentiality of it all crashing down may not have crossed their minds, their confidence may have rubbed off on and reassured Hawley.
    That's just a guess of mine though, who knows what those meetings were like and what was discussed. Sorry for the messy comment

lupinb0y posted: »

The work that Telltale produced under his tenure was some of their very best, The Walking Dead: The Final Season was fantastic, Stranger Thi

• Looks incredible! You drew that?

Drew a mock up comic cover for a series taking place after TFS. It's based on artwork by Wuzere which itself is based on the Walking Dead Colouring Book.

• Yeah I mean before Done Running even releases. There would be controversy, yes, but TT would just have to be open about their problems and troubles and say that they are fixing it, but it isn't a quick process and so they still need funding to keep them afloat. There would be people who wouldn't understand, but in the end it's better than nothing.

But with the Epic Games Store launching at a time where Three Episodes of The Walking Dead: The Final Season would have been released if Tel

• Talent :*

Drew a mock up comic cover for a series taking place after TFS. It's based on artwork by Wuzere which itself is based on the Walking Dead Colouring Book.

• Yup. It took me, I think around 5-6 hours to finish which is probably the longest I’ve spent drawing a single piece. I don’t like the final faces though as I’m still not too that good at drawing that stuff (even with a reference).

Looks incredible! You drew that?

• I get you, and agreed. Personally it wouldn't have bothered me if it became an Epic Exclusive, I am a console player so as long as it doesn't have an effect on consoles, I am happy.
    I just felt that making it an exclusive to Epic Games Store, that could have saved Telltale, would draw a lot of bad attention. People could be told directly to their face that it would have saved Telltale, and they would dismiss it and call Telltale greedy and all that other nonsense that is spouted by a number of toxic "fans"

Yeah I mean before Done Running even releases. There would be controversy, yes, but TT would just have to be open about their problems and t

• Faces look good to me, I don't see a flaw in it :smile: Have you tried drawing the Key Art for any of The Walking Dead Seasons? I think they could provide you with a challenge, and judging by your skills, I imagine it will turn out great :smiley:

Yup. It took me, I think around 5-6 hours to finish which is probably the longest I’ve spent drawing a single piece. I don’t like the final faces though as I’m still not too that good at drawing that stuff (even with a reference).

• Never thought about it, but I might just try that. I’ll have a look through them!

Faces look good to me, I don't see a flaw in it Have you tried drawing the Key Art for any of The Walking Dead Seasons? I think they could provide you with a challenge, and judging by your skills, I imagine it will turn out great

• That moment when you find someone else who has played Telltale's GOTG. :love: :love: :love:

• Might give that a watch one day down the line.

That moment when you find someone else who has played Telltale's GOTG.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited July 2019

Just a reminder, no politics please. Some of the rules have been lightened to various degrees after Telltale closed, but we're still not allowing politics/controversial discussions/etc. Thanks for your cooperation.

• Binged through the first 7 or so episodes of Attack on Titan Season 3 yesterday. Assuming they can't go into it considering the circumstances, I'd like to ask

Why exactly did Krista's mother not want her?

• Got it chief.

Just a reminder, no politics please. Some of the rules have been lightened to various degrees after Telltale closed, but we're still not allowing politics/controversial discussions/etc. Thanks for your cooperation.

• edited July 2019

Really excited what the MCU has in store for Shang-Chi even if I'm wildly unfamiliar with the character. It's nice to see an asian actor taking the stage and I think it's pretty funny to hear him speak in chinese when he's first introduced. This and Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness are my most anticipated MCU movies so far!

• edited July 2019

Blacksad: Under the Skin looks like it could scratch that Wolf Among Us itch. Similar to WAU, It's a point and click adventure game based on the comic series Blacksad, similar to Telltale with the choices affecting the story and characters, hub areas to explore, action scenes with QTE's, and all that jazz. Again, like Wolf Among Us, the game follows a hardboiled detective trying to uncover the mysteries of a murder. God awful lip syncing aside it looks like it'll be a good time. The game was delayed a couple more months so hopefully they fix up all the jank from the trailer.

• I see the forum's still running. Huh.

• Well, it's official now. Avengers Endgame beat Avatar at being the highest grossing film in the WHOLE world.

• Yeah, I'm confused--I thought it had done that quite a while ago?

AronDracula posted: »

Well, it's official now. Avengers Endgame beat Avatar at being the highest grossing film in the WHOLE world.

• It beat Titanic a while ago and now Avengers takes the crown from Avatar

DabigRG posted: »

Yeah, I'm confused--I thought it had done that quite a while ago?

• edited July 2019

I'm pretty sure I heard the actor (Simu Liu) was officially cast as Shang-Chi just a few days before he appeared at Comic Con. So, that's pretty awesome for him.
    There are some really funny twitter comments from him recently, about being completely floored to be a part of the MCU now. (Also that he's been bugging Marvel on social media for years about bringing a leading Asian American hero to the big screen. As it turned out, he's the one...)

+he's Canadian so that's super cool in my book

Really excited what the MCU has in store for Shang-Chi even if I'm wildly unfamiliar with the character. It's nice to see an asian actor tak

• I'm pretty sure I heard the actor (Simu Liu) was officially cast as Shang-Chi just a few days before he appeared at Comic Con. So, that's pretty awesome for him.

Yeah, in the video he says that he was cast four days before the panel.

There are some really funny twitter comments from him recently, about being completely floored to be a part of the MCU now.

It's pretty cool that of all the heroes he could have portrayed he wanted to be Shang Chi and ended up getting the part.

I'm pretty sure I heard the actor (Simu Liu) was officially cast as Shang-Chi just a few days before he appeared at Comic Con. So, that's pr

Sign in to comment in this discussion.