The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• edited July 2019

According to the creators, they purposely went with the reduced frame rate to "offset floatiness." I actually found a Reddit post from the creators that explains a bit more:

Animating in CG allows us to have more dynamic camera angles and lighting, and much more detailed character models (which I'm super happy with)! But one of the dangers of animating in CG, especially when you're moving at a break-neck TV schedule is that the characters can look "floaty." To correct this, we looked to lots of anime (including Miyazaki) and noticed they draw 8-12 frames per second (instead of 24 fps, which is closer to Pixar, or Disney feature.) We asked our animators to emulate this approach. The result can look staccato (or choppy), but offsets that "floaty" feel.

We're aware not everyone loved this decision. The good news is, this kind of thing can be "dialed in" if people felt we went too far. That is assuming of course, we make more episodes one day.

Looks like they have "dialed in" and properly adjusted the frame rate for the second season and beyond. Let me know what you think about it.

lupinb0y posted: »

That's nice that they "fixed" the framerate for the second season. Kinda makes you wonder why they decided to go for the low fps style in the first place. I'll check it out, thanks!

• edited July 2019

If anyone wants to hear a story of

• a small studio making it big with a franchise
    • making a critical flop
    • salvaging it, making a breakout hit but financial failure
    • causing their publisher to drop them, with layoffs and budget cuts
    • and lived!

...You should watch this.
    IO Interactive's recent years seems like an alternate version of Telltale's demise with an uplifting twist.

• Being 18 is utter aaassssss

• Um...what?

Melton23 posted: »

Being 18 is utter aaassssss

• Huh. Deja vu

• Wait till they make a year more and no one is here except some of us just scrolling down memory lane, we're in an endless void and it won't change because unlike before there's nothing that will revive these forums anymore, I'm just sad the way this forum's reality is atm.

Calm down fellas, it's only late July. We still have roughly five months!

• Is it time to start getting worried about Bethesda? Because after their huge "successes" with Fallout 76 and Wolfenstein: Youngblood, I feel like I should be concerned about their upcoming titles (DOOM: Eternal, Elder Scrolls 6, Starfield, etc.).

• I'm not exactly surprised. How is Todd Howard still working as the CEO of the studio? Fallout 76 is still shit, when will people learn that Battle Royale isn't what makes games better? Even Hideo Kojima claimed that BR is an easy cash grab.

I have a feeling that Doom Eternal will be like Wolfenstein New Colossus. Same game as the original with just little new gunplay and barely new enemy variety.

Is it time to start getting worried about Bethesda? Because after their huge "successes" with Fallout 76 and Wolfenstein: Youngblood, I feel like I should be concerned about their upcoming titles (DOOM: Eternal, Elder Scrolls 6, Starfield, etc.).

• edited July 2019

Fallout 76 was an mmo, something far out of Bethesda’s area of expertise, and Wolfenstein isn’t an exploration based game like elderscrolls. I personally wouldn’t worry, mostly because I always thought that Wolfenstein was kinda shit, but when Bethesda make it back to the series where they hardly ever faulted then I have little doubts, but I guess we’ll see. It’s just a matter of getting them to listen and to communicate with us.

Personally, I like to cancel out their bad games with their good ones. Think about it, since the time of the OG doom/Arena, Bethesda ONLY made good games, all consecutively up until FO76 (not sure about Rage 1, pretty sure that was mixed, and elderscrolls online actually turned good, plus it’s mostly a Zenimax game) whereas now we got 2 bad games in a row. Worrying? Only slightly, but compared to the rest of their games there’s a good chance that these are just a few minor inconveniences, at least that’s what I hope is the case.

Is it time to start getting worried about Bethesda? Because after their huge "successes" with Fallout 76 and Wolfenstein: Youngblood, I feel like I should be concerned about their upcoming titles (DOOM: Eternal, Elder Scrolls 6, Starfield, etc.).

• Long time no see!

lol

• I recently bought Borderlands: Game of The Year and Borderlands: The Handsome Collection, and I have been playing Borderlands: GOTY almost religiously since then. I like the art style, the variety of weapons and the silliness of Claptrap(s) and Scooter while running around Fyrestone and New Haven.
    I tried doing the Merchant of Death XP trick to level up my other characters like Lillith, Brick and Mordecai, but to no avail.
    Looking back on it, I think that succeeding in getting the trick to work would take away some of my enjoyment of the game, as with the variety of characters allows me to come up with different strategies based on their abilities, if I were, say level 40 and roaming the Arid Badlands, I could simply spray anything that came near me, which would get boring very quickly.

• I bought those a few weeks ago as well alongside Tales. Have yet to play them though, since The Enemy Within among other games had precedent.

I recently bought Borderlands: Game of The Year and Borderlands: The Handsome Collection, and I have been playing Borderlands: GOTY almost r

• I've been considering registering to other forums like Reddit for a while, as well as alternative usernames. What are some other places that might be not only prolific, but secure?

• yeah i would have posted here a bit more but for some reason i haven't been able to sign in or comment for the better part of 9 months

Long time no see!

• Activision is a fucking scumbag again and added microtransactions in Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled. I don't know what to fucking say. That is nothing but a childhood destroyer. They even promised not to but did anyway. Just......ugghhh!!!

• When did they promise they wouldn't add micro-transactions? Personally I'm fine with it. It isn't greedy or anything, if you want that then you buy it, there are still a ton of cool cosmetics that you can get without paying. Like, a lot.

AronDracula posted: »

Activision is a fucking scumbag again and added microtransactions in Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled. I don't know what to fucking say. That is nothing but a childhood destroyer. They even promised not to but did anyway. Just......ugghhh!!!

• Are you out of your mind of something? This is the source: https://screenrant.com/crash-team-racing-microtransactions-gameplay-presentation-e3-2019/

Greedy or not, is it ok to you they just broke a promise? THIS IS A FUCKING REMAKE OF A PS1 CLASSIC, adding microtransaction is still a fucking retarded decision. The game was doing so good without them and Activision is a dick to the audience with nostalgic memories.

Ghetsis posted: »

When did they promise they wouldn't add micro-transactions? Personally I'm fine with it. It isn't greedy or anything, if you want that then you buy it, there are still a ton of cool cosmetics that you can get without paying. Like, a lot.

• Finished Detroit Become human and i want MOREEE.. i wonder whats their next game. Quantic Dream said if they feel like making sequel, they gonna do it. Btw how many times should someone replay that game to get different scenes and endings.

• I have had Tales From The Borderlands since the end of 2017, where I went on a spending spree and bought the modern Telltale games. I have been taking a break from Borderlands so I can focus on playing through The Walking Dead Series again, so when I come back to Borderlands, it will hopefully feel like a relatively new experience

DabigRG posted: »

I bought those a few weeks ago as well alongside Tales. Have yet to play them though, since The Enemy Within among other games had precedent.

• That is generally the hope.
    Not sure if I'll go through The Walking Dead again, though.

I have had Tales From The Borderlands since the end of 2017, where I went on a spending spree and bought the modern Telltale games. I have b

• edited August 2019

Tbf you are insane in the membrane if you think micro transactions should be in a fully priced game 😂 let alone the remake of an all time classic back when micro transactions were devoid from any game

When did they promise they wouldn't add micro-transactions? Personally I'm fine with it. It isn't greedy or anything, if you want that then you buy it, there are still a ton of cool cosmetics that you can get without paying. Like, a lot.

• They never promised they wouldn't add them in the future. Also, unpopular opinion, but it does not 'ruin' your childhood. My brother had this game and I used to play it with him all the time, and I am extremely happy with how Nitro-Fueled turned out. I hate Activision too, but I'm not a fan of this hate bandwagon that everyone is jumping on for this game specifically. I think people are forgetting that the original Crash Team Racing wasn't a live service game - after Naughty Dog released it, they moved on. You pay - you get. Nothing else though. It isn't a 'scummy' or 'greedy' corporate decision, the fact of the matter is if you're going to have Beenox working on this game full-time they can't just do this for free.

And even after all of that, I am absolutely delighted with how cosmetic items work in this game. The way how you get Wumpa Coins for free by playing the game, imagine if Epic made it so that in Fortnite you could get Vbucks just by playing, infinitely, and without getting a battle pass. The Nitro Pass is free, you can get so many cosmetic items for free from that, in fact every cosmetic item in the game is free, new and old. All of the tracks are free, including the monthly new ones, you get every cosmetic item from the first game that you paid for and then you can unlock everything else for free just by playing, and there is a new grand prix/nitro pass every month, right? This is consumer-friendly. Get over it. It doesn't ruin your childhood. I still have nostalgic memories from everything I did in the past, and 20 years from now I'll be satisfied with how good I was at Nitro-Fueled with Spyro. FUCKING REMAKE OF A PS1 CLASSIC!11!

Are you out of your mind of something? This is the source: https://screenrant.com/crash-team-racing-microtransactions-gameplay-presentation-

• tfw the managers change your schedule without notifying you and you lose 9+ hours of potential pay

• I finally beat Sekiro Shadows Die Twice and this is my review:

Many people thought this was going to be another spiritual successor to Dark Souls/Demon's Souls but they were completely wrong because this is basically a fresh new IP made by FromSoftware. I still don't get why Hidetaka Myiazaki chose Activision to publish this game because it could have gone wrong in so many ways considering that Activision is one of the worst gaming publishers in recent years, with the recent scandal of adding microtransactions in Crash Team Racing remake. But thank goodness nothing happened.

I played all the Soulsborne games (Except Demon's Souls) so I could get ready for a new challenge. And this game proved that you don't need to play FromSoft's previous titles to have less trouble with this game because it's COMPLETELY different. New combat, new gameplay mechanics and new variety of enemies. And I'm not going to lie, I had SOOO much trouble playing this game. Unlike the previous games, you have infinite stamina but you have to learn the capabilites from your enemies because they sure know how to defend themselves and fight back.

This game is full of mini-bosses and you will encounter 17 main bosses only, unlike in the previous games. This is probably my main problem with the game, the number of mini-bosses. Some of them are repeated in different 3 or 4 times. There are some which are stupidly overpowered, they can kill you in 2-3 hits and that gave me anxiety. But there is one that I REALLY DESPISE and that is this fucking cheating shithead:

I died to this asshole like 20 times. I know this game is full of challenge and that's what everyone should expect but this cheating mummy with a fucking OP speargun that has the worst grab attack in the entire game can kiss my ass. I had to cheese it because I was tired of losing my excitement on this game, I regret nothing.

One of the changes that liked in this game is the story. Unlike the previous titles, it actually tells a story in front of the player with a lot of cutscenes, without having you to listen to NPC dialogues or read item descriptions to understand it yourself. It was a nice change for a FromSoft narrative.

I played this game with Japanese language and now I'm going switch it to english on NG+ because of this scene, which is probably the most memeable moment in the entire game.

Overall, I had a lot of fun with Sekiro. There is a lot more to say but I'm already tired. This is FromSoftware at its best, they would have been nothing with Hidetaka Myiazaki who is a goddamn genius. One of the best games of this year but I still prefer Dark Souls and Bloodborne over it because I love playing for fun more than playing to become a professional fighter but it's definitely better than the Dark Souls sequels. That being said, Resident Evil 2 and Sekiro Shadows Die Twice are my favorite games of this year so far and I can't wait for FromSoft's new project, Elden Ring in which Myiazaki will partner with George RR Martin (Writer of the Game of Thrones books) to make a Soulslike open-world game and it will be their biggest project.

• Is it possible to change one's Reddit user name?

• Nop, you're going to have to make a new account. Wait, what name did you pick?

DabigRG posted: »

Is it possible to change one's Reddit user name?

• I didn't pick one yet. I'm been cobbling together some ideas for one and that came to mind.

Nop, you're going to have to make a new account. Wait, what name did you pick?

• Just checking in.

• So I'm eating an egg salad sandwich that's been in my fridge for a couple days. I don't remember eggs being so... solid.

• Yum, solid eggs.

So I'm eating an egg salad sandwich that's been in my fridge for a couple days. I don't remember eggs being so... solid.

• Refrigerator or freezer?

So I'm eating an egg salad sandwich that's been in my fridge for a couple days. I don't remember eggs being so... solid.

• edited August 2019

Refrigerator.

WarpSpeed posted: »

Refrigerator or freezer?

• considering that Activision is one of the worst gaming publishers in recent years, with the recent scandal of adding microtransactions in Crash Team Racing remake. But thank goodness nothing happened.

bruh just review the game everyone already knows about activision's scumfuckery

I finally beat Sekiro Shadows Die Twice and this is my review: Many people thought this was going to be another spiritual successor to Da

• edited August 2019

Unfortunately someone in my university jumped from a balcony of one of the buildings in campus and fell to their death around noon earlier today. The entire back section of the building (where the body landed), was barred behind police tape. My lecture was cancelled and so were all classes until the evening due to the incident. It was surreal seeing the police there directing people away from the area.

• On a lighter note I finished season 1 of Twelve Forever and had a good time with it. The main characters are likeable and go through some pretty relatable issues with growing up (most particularly Reggie), and the characters are all well voice acted, especially the main antagonist of the series the Butt Witch who has a wonderfully charming voice as well as a great design.

However if you're not into weird stuff happening you probably won't like it as much. There's some really weird stuff that happens in the show that can at times be downright horrifying and you'll end up learning about some disturbing implications with the world of Endless.The residents of Endless have some really funky looking designs which range from cute to mildly disturbing, to nightmare fuel. The human characters are very distinguishable and diverse, with designs that look like something out of Scott Pilgrim which I like.

Overall I'd recommend it. It's a strange fun time with some surprisingly down to Earth drama. I'd say check out the pilot first of all and if you like what you see check it out. Hopefully a second season gets greenlit. I'd like to see what happens with the characters that were introduced during the season that didn't get much play.

• Whelp, I'm on Reddit now. Trying to decide whether I completely make my severing ties to TWD complete.

• What is wrong with being surprised that a greedy publisher did no harm to this game?

considering that Activision is one of the worst gaming publishers in recent years, with the recent scandal of adding microtransactions in Cr

• nothing's wrong with being surprised, what's wrong is that it's unneccesary to bring up in a constructive review of a game you enjoy. i have evil corporations as much as the next communist but when it's all you bring up it feels like you've got a blood lust against em. live your life man, think about things that make you happy. fuck activision, they're never gonna change for the better so why bother constantly bringing them up?

What is wrong with being surprised that a greedy publisher did no harm to this game?

• last year i played so many new games but this year i've been specifically seeing a lot of movies and straying away from games, which is a shame, but the 2019 games i have played are p good. nothing has reached the peak of spider-man ps4 for me though.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.