The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• edited August 2019

the dude was practically providing free marketing for your game, generating hype at no charge to you

Wasn't it reported that he was charging people a "membership fee" to his Discord in order to get access to the leaks?

If anything, it generated more hype. I understand a company wanting to be protective of certain pieces of information, but at the same time,

• I'm not too hung up about the store but I really don't like that they buy out games that were announced for Steam only for them to be EGS exclusive (sometimes days before release). It certainly doesn't help that Tim Sweeney mocks the people upset at this on his Twitter. If they're announced beforehand that they're EGS exclusive I don't have a problem with it though.

i have yet to understand why something being an epic exclusive is bad other than Gamers Mad™. can somebody please explain it to me because a

• This week on WTF images:

• I’ve heard reports from some people, many of whom were a part who of the Discord server, that said that those accusations are misleading or outright false. Yes he was charging people to enter his Discord, but I have yet to see any evidence posted by 2K, other than their word, that that was what he was doing. Any leaks he talked about were either uncovered by others and he simply reported on it (which is what journalists do all the time) or were shown because of 2K’s incompetence and bungling of their own Twitch streams. If what 2K said was true, I’d imagine they would have pursued legal action, not send two PI goons to his door to intimidate him, get Discord to delete his server, and copyright strike over 100 of his videos, leading to its deletion by YouTube, some of which had nothing to do with Borderlands 3.

lupinb0y posted: »

the dude was practically providing free marketing for your game, generating hype at no charge to you Wasn't it reported that he was charging people a "membership fee" to his Discord in order to get access to the leaks?

• just remembered that reuben dies in minecraft story mode and people actually cried over that i can't fucking

• Unceremonial generated cartoon face reveal

• How fuckin' dare you, that pig was a treasure :angry:

just remembered that reuben dies in minecraft story mode and people actually cried over that i can't fucking

• Steam launcher is much better than Epic Launcher because of other features, but I agree, the outrage over it is a bit too strong.

i have yet to understand why something being an epic exclusive is bad other than Gamers Mad™. can somebody please explain it to me because a

• I find it funny how the 2K henchmen actually paid to get into his discord server to see if he was spreading them. Yes he was spreading leaks, but most of them were already in his videos, it wasn't like 'pay to get exclusive leaks' much rather the opposite. Sometimes he might say things that he hadn't covered in his videos yet, but members have said that he wouldn't spoil big parts of the game like story because he didn't want to ruin their experiences (you still had a choice on if you wanted to see the leaks)

I’ve heard reports from some people, many of whom were a part who of the Discord server, that said that those accusations are misleading or

• No, I was just looking through reddit when I saw this guy getting terrorised by the entire sub just for uploading a meme that was uploaded on there before

Ghetsis posted: »

Had a bad day?

• That looks dope yo 👌

Cocoa2736 posted: »

Unceremonial generated cartoon face reveal

• Thank you kind sir 🙂

That looks dope yo 👌

• Huh, just yesterday, I finished Little Nightmares' batch of DLC episodes, and as it ends with some sequel bait... Well, here's the sequel announced today!

• YEEESSSSSSSSSS

Looks like there's going to be some form of combat and coop as well, judging on the focus of having two characters!

AChicken posted: »

Huh, just yesterday, I finished Little Nightmares' batch of DLC episodes, and as it ends with some sequel bait... Well, here's the sequel announced today!

• How are you guys doing? Anything interesting happening?

• Insomniac Games is officially acquired by Sony.

• In Watchdogs: Legion you'll be able to play as an old man who can randomly die for no reason.

10/10

• You think that's weird? Check this one out. This is the Game of the Year right here and that's a fact.

In Watchdogs: Legion you'll be able to play as an old man who can randomly die for no reason. 10/10

• I am going to build an army of chavs.

In Watchdogs: Legion you'll be able to play as an old man who can randomly die for no reason. 10/10

• I've got to say, I'm feeling the hype for this title.

Randomly generated characters? Everyone is recruitable and playable? London?
    Sounds like a right load o' fun, eh?

• Try not to get your hopes up. This is still a Ubisoft game. Watch Dogs 1 had the same hype and everything was changed at launch.

The idea of playing as absolutely any citizen in London sounds like a great idea which could also be very difficult to execute. Could be wrong as well, of course.

I've got to say, I'm feeling the hype for this title. Randomly generated characters? Everyone is recruitable and playable? London? Sounds like a right load o' fun, eh?

• I need it. Too bad it’s in London, as someone who actually comes from the UK I can safely confirm there shouldn’t be much in terms of beauty...

• Honestly that's kind of a highlight for me because it makes it the closest thing I'll probably ever get to The Getaway 3 (a decade later and I'm still salty Sony cancelled it)

Melton23 posted: »

I need it. Too bad it’s in London, as someone who actually comes from the UK I can safely confirm there shouldn’t be much in terms of beauty...

• Me looking at some of these usernames I haven't seen in so long.

• Even after watching and shitting on The Last Jedi, I wasn't one of those people who hated The Force Awakens as well. I didn't love it but I didn't hate it either and I only watched it once in theaters. But after watching this video, it reminded how much of an idiot fanboy I was. This movie might as well be called "Star Wars: The Forced Conveniences". And I sure as hell won't be excited for Episode 9.

• edited August 2019

Ah yes, Mauler. Clearly the voice of reason that people should be listening to.

AronDracula posted: »

Even after watching and shitting on The Last Jedi, I wasn't one of those people who hated The Force Awakens as well. I didn't love it but I

• edited August 2019

Welp, Spider-Man will no longer be in the MCU.

Godammit.

Disney and Sony are still working on a deal apparently so not all hope is lost.

• My dissapointment is immeasurable and my week is ruined.

Sony has stated thst the negotiations have stopped now, but I'm hoping that they can still come to an agreement.

• Sony's franchise can't survive without the MCU. It'll be impossible to make a third movie (if they're still planning on it) and forego any mention or detail from Marvel Studios' universe.
    • I can't bear to see Spider-Man rebooted again. I can't bear to see another franchise end right when it's ramping up.
    • And yeah, it's hard to believe that we've got probably the biggest MCU cliffhanger so far, and this is how it ends. Welp I guess Spidey's going into permanent hiding. That's the only way I can see them writing that off.

Welp, Spider-Man will no longer be in the MCU. Godammit. Disney and Sony are still working on a deal apparently so not all hope is lost.

• "Tom Holland drops out of Sony's Spider-Man!"

In other news, "Tom Holland has been cast as Marvel Studio's 'Night Monkey'!

My dissapointment is immeasurable and my week is ruined. Sony has stated thst the negotiations have stopped now, but I'm hoping that they

• While it certainly sucks and all the talk has been about Sony removing the character, it does seem like a lot of this is Disney's fault. Under the terms of the original agreement (which I think only lasted for 5 movies, that being Civil War, Homecoming, IW, Endgame, and Far From Home), Sony would receive 95% of the profits and Disney 5%, but they maintain all the merchandising revenue. Disney wanted, along with keeping the merchandise, 50% of the profits under the terms of a new deal. So Sony incurs most of the expense of making the movies, but they receive less money from what the movie earns and still get nothing in regards to merchandise. Honestly, I can't blame Sony if that's the deal Disney came forward with.

My dissapointment is immeasurable and my week is ruined. Sony has stated thst the negotiations have stopped now, but I'm hoping that they

• edited August 2019

Just to clarify

Sony would receive 95% of the profits and Disney 5%

Disney received 5% of opening day profits per Spider-Man movie, not gross profits.

So Sony incurs most of the expense of making the movies

Apparently the new deal would have had Marvel and Sony splitting the expenses 50/50.

I agree that Disney shouldn't have asked for such a massive increase, but it might have been the tactic where you ask for an absurd number then meet somewhere in the middle, but Sony dropped out after the first offer.

While it certainly sucks and all the talk has been about Sony removing the character, it does seem like a lot of this is Disney's fault. Und

• Thanks for the clarification.

From one source I recently saw, it said Sony presented counteroffers, but Disney rejected them all, they seemed pretty insistent on the deal they proposed. Right now, it seems Disney has shut down any talks and Sony still think negotiations are ongoing.

Either way, here's a funny video about it.

Just to clarify Sony would receive 95% of the profits and Disney 5% Disney received 5% of opening day profits per Spider-Man m

• edited August 2019

Sony: And we made Venom which was, you know, just as good!

Marvel: Well...

Screenwriter: Well...

Sony: Well...

10/10 video.

Right now, it seems Disney has shut down any talks and Sony still think negotiations are ongoing.

And Sony put the blame on Kevin Feige, saying that he doesn't have the time to work on Spidey for some reason, despite him literally saying just a few months ago that Spider-Man would be the new face of the MCU.

Thanks for the clarification. From one source I recently saw, it said Sony presented counteroffers, but Disney rejected them all, they se

• Kinda have to wonder if the MCU did that on purpose.

• edited August 2019

The OT and prequels have their own flaws, most of which are obvious and in your face, so I think that it’s hardly fair to focus hate on the sequels when the originals are objectively just as bad. Remember, nostalgia and originality combined shouldn’t automatically make something good

Some example being Tarkin being presented as this smart officer of an army, yet he was too stupid to listen to advice regarding his own safety because he wanted to watch big booms in space, which is another issue in itself, as well as sound in space, Yoda being played as literally jar jar binks for a good bit of his screentime, coincidence galore with one of the most evil men in the universe just happening to be Luke’s dad, the person Luke was travelling with just happens to be her sister, obi-wan just happens to find himself on the safe space station as his former ally and enemy, anakin’s mother just happens to die as soon as he gets there after being gone for weeks, Chewbacca (who happened to know yoda) also managed to run into Luke, who also later on bumps into the same guy! And Chewbacca doesn’t know anything about it whatsoever, so did Luke not talk about how he’s managed to train himself? Also palpatine, the most powerful person in the universe, fucken dies by getting dropped. Literally. But that’s assuming he’s just a spirit or hologram in the next one.

The originals and prequels are full of flaws. Even more than the sequels if we’re being blunt and honest about it, but nobody likes to admit that because when force awakens cam out, everyone loved it! Then the odd few guys over the internet shit on it, then opinions change, they go into the last Jedi with different views some either enjoy it others hate it, then they come back and tell the internet, then the internet changes it’s mind. And to prove that, geek’s and gamers, the guy who has posted the exact same content since 2017 on the exact same subject has even admitted he liked the last Jedi first time until he read about flaws online. It’s honestly stupid that people want to ignore what came before.

Even after watching and shitting on The Last Jedi, I wasn't one of those people who hated The Force Awakens as well. I didn't love it but I

• Spider-Man: Homeless

Thanks for the clarification. From one source I recently saw, it said Sony presented counteroffers, but Disney rejected them all, they se

• "i had my own defined opinion on a movie independent from anyone else, but after watching an obnoxious british man tell me what to think, i now know i was wrong and anyone with my thinking is an idiot!"

• what's 'obnoxious british man' meant to mean?

"i had my own defined opinion on a movie independent from anyone else, but after watching an obnoxious british man tell me what to think, i now know i was wrong and anyone with my thinking is an idiot!"

• I'm just not interested in Episode IX one way or another right now. I'd say the same for Star Wars in general, but I don't like talking like that and it's irrelevant anyway.

• You never heard of details that can changed the movies you loved forever? When I first watched The Amazing Spider-Man movies, I cared for nothing but fan-service but when viewing them for the second time, I dislike them big time

"i had my own defined opinion on a movie independent from anyone else, but after watching an obnoxious british man tell me what to think, i now know i was wrong and anyone with my thinking is an idiot!"

Sign in to comment in this discussion.