The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• True true true...

It also reminds them that BL3 is an Epic exclusive for 6 months.

• Soo.. new forums UI.
    There are a lot of problems right now, lots of features taken away, but who the fuck cares because Telltale is back.

• edited August 2019

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S HAPPENING!

The past few days it was just so nice to see the forum get a little more active than usual as well as seeing a few more regulars on here, and now Telltale is officially coming back!

Goddamn. It feels kinda surreal. Hopefully some more members come back soon :smiley:

• Hopefully the community section gets all fixed up soon seeing how you have to go through certain measures to get here now, Im assuming it will be fixed once they remove the games they dont own but sadly that means we're gonna lose a lot of history around here ;(

lupinb0y posted: »

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S HAPPENING! The past few days it was just so nice to see the forum get a little more active than usual as well as see

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Currently the forums to the games they lost the rights to are in read only mode so it’s possible they will remain that way rather then be deleted.

Poogers555 posted: »

Hopefully the community section gets all fixed up soon seeing how you have to go through certain measures to get here now, Im assuming it wi

• Yeah, well, until now I was expecting the whole forum to shut down completely, so I'll take what I can get.

Hopefully the community section gets all fixed up soon seeing how you have to go through certain measures to get here now, Im assuming it wi

• Ummm

• It's been confirmed by the new chief executive, Jamie Ottilie, in an interview with Forbes that they are already working on their first game which will be announced later this year and that they've already got a mix of fully hired and contracted former Telltale employees.

"It's very tempting from where I sit right now to put three games into production. There's a lot of interest. You definitely feel like kids in the candy store. We look at some of the IP and the things that we could be doing, and that, and oh my god, what's that?

Wait, stop, stop. Let's do one big and let's do it right. And then when we know that that's going the right way, and we're comfortable, and we have the capacity to truly analyze what it takes to do a second thing, then okay, let's do that."

Sounds like they're trying to do right by the company. I wish them all the best.

Also the game better be Wolf Among Us Season 2.

• tfw you see hot takes saying new Telltale will be shit because it wont have the same people as before as if it had the same people in creative roles since 2016 that actually got them to being well known

• also meme time

• edited August 2019

It seems like there's a lot of premature backlash from the first official statement regarding "freelance contracts", despite it already being confirmed that they've already fully hired and contracted several former Telltale employees.

It honestly seems like these guys went in with a plan. They got the name, got the IPs and assets, hired and are hiring as many former employees as they can get and got a project into development all before announcing everything. I really hope everything pans out well for everyone.

tfw you see hot takes saying new Telltale will be shit because it wont have the same people as before as if it had the same people in creative roles since 2016 that actually got them to being well known

• I've become so apathetic to the fact that this website was in limbo, that I didn't notice the General sticky threads have changed. Or, at least one of them!

• Yup saw one from a certain someone who was doing the same shit as when Telltale first shut down and there was news of Final Season being saved and rehiring people and they were going "that is a LIE" when it wasnt, doing it again.

I swear so many people want to be outraged over nothing when it comes to stuff like this. If anything its good and can only get better.

It seems like there's a lot of premature backlash from the first official statement regarding "freelance contracts", despite it already bein

• Been a pretty good day for me so far. Had an interview with Amazon in regards to an Area Manager position with them, it's a beautiful day outside, might just go to the gym later, what else could go right?

sees news

Oh...my...God!

• Had an interview with Amazon in regards to an Area Manager position with them

Congrats! Hope you get the job!

Been a pretty good day for me so far. Had an interview with Amazon in regards to an Area Manager position with them, it's a beautiful day outside, might just go to the gym later, what else could go right? sees news Oh...my...God!

• edited August 2019

I was pretty pissed at first considering all the people who went through real emotional turmoil and lost their jobs, but it's nice that a lot of those people are being offered jobs all over again first and foremost. Prioritizing the people who got fucked over the first time around is far more important than anything else.

EDIT: oh it's just freelance jobs with no benefits and then the slightest hint of an actual job later down the line nvm that's kinda fucked up

• Thanks.

Had an interview with Amazon in regards to an Area Manager position with them Congrats! Hope you get the job!

• edited August 2019

oh it's just freelance jobs with no benefits and then the slightest hint of an actual job later down the line nvm that's kinda fucked up

It's been confirmed that they've already got a mix of hired and contracted former Telltale employees so it's not all bad.

"LCG will be doing business as Telltale Games, and has hired and contracted with "key talent" from the original company."

"A lot of the work right now has been about stabilizing the catalog and just getting the transition done. We've used a mix of a former Telltale people, both as hires and as contractors, to make that part work."

I was pretty pissed at first considering all the people who went through real emotional turmoil and lost their jobs, but it's nice that a lo

• So, this is probably going to look really cringy or weird, but to anyone reading this, if we ever spoke before, I am sorry if I was a complete asshole...

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited August 2019

> tfw my shitpost is actually somewhat plausible

Calm down fellas, it's only late July. We still have roughly five months!

• bruh moment

> tfw my shitpost is actually somewhat plausible

• Damn, look at all these names I recognise ;o;

• edited August 2019

Okay so we know that some of the employees from the original Telltale are back, but has there been any confirmation on who exactly so far?

• edited August 2019

Seem like it's mostly marketing people? Jess said no narrative people seem to be hired.

Emily has said these people are happy with the deals they got, though.

("It" being those Telltale employees having been hired.)

Okay so we know that some of the employees from the original Telltale are back, but has there been any confirmation on who exactly so far?

• edited August 2019

Seem like it's mostly marketing people? Jess said no narrative people seem to be hired.

Ah that kinda stinks if that's true. But according to the new owners they're in contacting former employees so hopefully some of them are eventually hired.

EDIT

It's been confirmed by Jamie Ottilie that "We're working with a group of artists, engineers, and QA folks that are former Telltale. They're being fairly compensated for every hour that they're with us."

So it looks like it's mostly the people on the technical side that are being rehired.

It's also been confirmed that Sara Guiness, who worked at Telltale as the Director of Operations for six years and helped produce Tales from the Borderlands and Minecraft: Storymode is also returning under the same job title.

Seem like it's mostly marketing people? Jess said no narrative people seem to be hired. Emily has said these people are happy with the de

• I just finished watching Breaking Bad Season 2 Episode 3. I've have been having fun binging it, then all of the sudden, I heard this soundtrack.

• I don't think I've mentioned this, but for any TV lovers out there... Mr. Robot Season 4 is finally ready!

Season premiere is October 6th! 13 episodes in total! It's the final season, but it should be a good one (the creator pitched the idea with 4-5 seasons in mind).

• yeah first time i heard this song was in this show,i hope you enjoy it it's still one of the best
    tv show i've ever watched.

AronDracula posted: »

I just finished watching Breaking Bad Season 2 Episode 3. I've have been having fun binging it, then all of the sudden, I heard this soundtrack.

• I've been having fun so far. This show just keeps getting better and better.

iFoRias posted: »

yeah first time i heard this song was in this show,i hope you enjoy it it's still one of the best tv show i've ever watched.

• edited August 2019

It’s been so long it feels like I won’t remember much of the previous season (which I only watched once opposed to the others).

Not sure if I’ll make time to rewatch, but I’m hyped anyways! Mr. Robot is fantastic.

It’s also fitting that the only shot of Angela in the trailer... is her crying. It feels like shes done that the most in this past season.

AChicken posted: »

I don't think I've mentioned this, but for any TV lovers out there... Mr. Robot Season 4 is finally ready! Season premiere is October

• Could we perhaps have a TWD discussion megathread?

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited August 2019

Sure, knock yourself out. Anyone is also welcome to make a meme thread for legacy Telltale games (one big megathread would probably be best at this point).

Could we perhaps have a TWD discussion megathread?

• Damn, I just heard about the news today.

I'm kind of excited to see how it all goes. I'm a little bit cautious as well, but still hopeful.

And damn, I haven't been here for a while. How are ya'll doing?

• Welcome back!

Yeah, this place has died down quite a bit since September of last year, and only a few dozen stragglers remain. I'm cautiously optimistic about this whole Telltale situation.

Damn, I just heard about the news today. I'm kind of excited to see how it all goes. I'm a little bit cautious as well, but still hopeful. And damn, I haven't been here for a while. How are ya'll doing?

• How many of us are still here?

• edited August 2019

Has anyone who ordered any of the Collector packs of TWD Definitive Series get an email saying the physical items have been delayed until November because they weren't up to Skybound's quality standards?

EDIT: Just saw the thread in the General section.

• I wonder if Telltale will one day be revived.

How many of us are still here?

• Wait, what?

Ghetsis posted: »

Soo.. new forums UI. There are a lot of problems right now, lots of features taken away, but who the fuck cares because Telltale is back.

• Ah shit, is that what's wrong with the Walking Dead?
    Also, why my open tab of Batman is still there despite restarting the computer and accidently refreshing the page?

OzzyUK posted: »

Currently the forums to the games they lost the rights to are in read only mode so it’s possible they will remain that way rather then be deleted.

• Same here.
    I'm not a complete asshole, obviously, but as people who've read some of my TWDG posts in the post semester, I've been regretting quite a bit.

So, this is probably going to look really cringy or weird, but to anyone reading this, if we ever spoke before, I am sorry if I was a complete asshole...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.