The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Delighted seeing telltale back, seen lot of youtube videos on it all being critical of new owners and freelance roles. I have faith I think games have room for improvement and can't wait to see what they create with telltale brand. There is a chance we could have even better telltale games then before.

• edited August 2019

Polygon put out another article regarding Telltale 2.0 hoping to shed some more positive light, along with a small dose of understandable scepticism, onto the situation that I'm sure no one else will read. They approached some former and rehired Telltale employees about the everything and it's sounds pretty good honestly.

They talk about the amount of hostility towards the news and the rehired/contracted employees seem to believe that it's way overblown. One of the contracted artists Brett Rogstad, who worked at Telltale for three years, talked about the contract and how his work is more "all hands on deck" than before. He seems to be pretty hopeful about everything, but understandably sceptical.

They also have Sara Guiness, who worked at Telltale for six years as the Director of Operations, who was the one to approach Brett about joining, and her thoughts on the situation.

It's actually a good read. Hopefully this one gets shared around, but probably not because people like being angry.

• well if emily of all people is happy with the roles being given out, i guess they can't be THAT horrible. still though, i wish the new guys would offer the people originally laid off without pay a little bit more than freelance gigs, but i'm happy SOMETHING is being done.

Seem like it's mostly marketing people? Jess said no narrative people seem to be hired. Emily has said these people are happy with the de

• Wait, it was almost a year ago that this whole thing with Telltale went down?! Dayum!

AChicken posted: »

Welcome back! Yeah, this place has died down quite a bit since September of last year, and only a few dozen stragglers remain. I'm cautiously optimistic about this whole Telltale situation.

• Nah, jk, I’ve always loved you ❤️

So, this is probably going to look really cringy or weird, but to anyone reading this, if we ever spoke before, I am sorry if I was a complete asshole...

• The walking dead sub be like

Seriously, what’s going on there?

• It would be nice, but in all likelihood, not economically or financially possible for them. Hell, they're lucky they were able to find investors to take a huge gamble like this in trying to restart a studio that, in its last couple of years and after its closure, developed a lot of bad blood and animosity amongst the gaming community. Money is probably too tight at the new company, and it has to go towards other endeavors to get the studio on track and fulfill their plan. Being able to hire as many people as they could on a full-time basis is just incredibly unrealistic and naive. And besides, as stated in the article, the contracts given aren't that bad, and you have to remember that, while freelance, these employees voluntarily agreed to these conditions. They're aware of the risks and potential rewards, no one forced them at gunpoint to take the position, they did so on these terms all on their own free will.

well if emily of all people is happy with the roles being given out, i guess they can't be THAT horrible. still though, i wish the new guys

• it's ded you cant post on it anymore,you can only post now in the general,batman and wolf sections i think.

Melton23 posted: »

The walking dead sub be like Seriously, what’s going on there?

• Hey, Psycho!

As Chicken said, there hasn't really been that much activity around here for the past few months. I'm glad to see some familiar usernames starting to come back.

Damn, I just heard about the news today. I'm kind of excited to see how it all goes. I'm a little bit cautious as well, but still hopeful. And damn, I haven't been here for a while. How are ya'll doing?

• Means a lot man, sorry if I ever have been towards you

Nah, jk, I’ve always loved you ❤️

• I've been decent, had a very busy summer, how are you doing mate?

Damn, I just heard about the news today. I'm kind of excited to see how it all goes. I'm a little bit cautious as well, but still hopeful. And damn, I haven't been here for a while. How are ya'll doing?

• Tbf I’ve never noticed you being an asshole. Like ever.

Means a lot man, sorry if I ever have been towards you

• I guess it could be how I look at my comments, I may not intentionally be one, but I worry that I appear as one.

Tbf I’ve never noticed you being an asshole. Like ever.

• I don't view you as one, you are pretty smart, but I feel you are too critical, I mean no disrespect when I say that. I think it's important to focus on the qualities that a game has, rather than always discuss what you believe where a game went wrong in terms of writing or whatever, there is a positive to take away from any and every game. Take Pong for example, it is one of the most basic games ever crafted, but a positive of that game is that it is fun. Sure, it doesn't have astounding graphics or amazing gameplay, which is something a lot of people look for these days, but, it is fun, that is what video games are all about at the end of the day: Fun. I think that is what is most important, if it isn't fun, it isn't worth your time, if it is fun, then spend time having fun, I don't know where I am going with this or what I am saying anymore, so I'll leave it at that :joy:

DabigRG posted: »

Same here. I'm not a complete asshole, obviously, but as people who've read some of my TWDG posts in the post semester, I've been regretting quite a bit.

• Wait, what?

The walking dead sub be like Seriously, what’s going on there?

• Well shit, what was the point of me buying the Borderlands series then?

iFoRias posted: »

it's ded you cant post on it anymore,you can only post now in the general,batman and wolf sections i think.

• They're redesigning the forums soon i think so that's why,they're still keeping everything i'm sure it'll be back.

Well shit, what was the point of me buying the Borderlands series then?

• I think it's important to focus on the qualities that a game has
    there is a positive to take away from any and every game

The Dark Side With Make you Forget

I don't view you as one, you are pretty smart, but I feel you are too critical, I mean no disrespect when I say that. I think it's important

• This is pretty damn impressive, especially given how MGS4 wouldn't even boot up in the emulator weeks ago.

• My favorite Walking Dead character is Sherry.

• You can make discussion threads about the now unlicensed games in General chat now. I’d definitely like to hear your thoughts on TFTB.

Well shit, what was the point of me buying the Borderlands series then?

• For what it's worth, you can also still post in the Puzzle Agent and Hector forums.

• edited August 2019

I'm watching gameplay of Man of Medan, the first game in the Dark Pictures Anthology series and the spiritual successor to Until Dawn by Supermassive Games. I've only seen an hour of it, which I think is about a quarter way through a single run of the game but I wanted to share my thoughts on it so far.

I'm gonna start out with the positives first of all. The game is fantastic looking. The game looks just as good as Until Dawn, if not slightly better at times. There's also some really excellent looking cinematography... sometimes. It's probably one of the best looking games to come out this year. Okay that's about all the positives I can think of right now because other than that the game is rough.

The voice acting ranges from terrible to okay with the exception of 'The Curator', the sound design is wack, the facial animations are really unnatural and so is the lip syncing, the dialogue is so stilted, there's some really awkward framing at times, the game is buggy, there's these really weird transitions and cuts, the story so far is terrible and in general there's just a whole bunch of shit that happens that doesn't make a lick of sense.

Obviously they don't have the budget that they had with Sony, so I can forgive certain things like animation and lip syncing, but for them to have this quality of writing and acting in a story based game, with even less gameplay than its predecessor, is really surprising. Extremely disappointing so far, especially since I liked Until Dawn a lot. Maybe the writing will get better as it goes on but it'll be hard to focus on the writing when the voice acting is this bad.

Telltale games, regardless of what you think of some of the writing, has always had stellar voice acting all around with what I assume is a much much much smaller budget than the likes of Supermassive. Hopefully the next game in the series, Little Hope, which looks to be a Call of Cthulhu inspired thing, will be better.

• It won’t let any of us access it apparently. It might as well just not be on the forum altogether

Wait, what?

• "Build You Shelter"

My favorite Walking Dead character is Sherry.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited August 2019

One of the creators of Night in the Woods passed away.

• edited August 2019

Oh shit that's sad. I own Night in the Woods, though I haven't played it yet
    The trailers and concept of the game always give me this nice warm feeling, so it should be a nice experience when I get to it. (been waiting until this Fall to get in the mood)

He was the composer right? I've actually been listening to the soundtrack of the game for a few weeks now and it's really good. Damn, it's sad to think that he's gone now. The songs are some great work and I assume the game itself is as well.

EDIT: Oh. Given what was said in the tweet, Alec was dealing with mental health issues for a while, and just a few days ago, he was let go by the NitW studio for sexual abuse allegations. Aw, man, yikes. Night in the Woods studio cuts ties with designer after abuse allegations

dojo32161 posted: »

One of the creators of Night in the Woods passed away. https://twitter.com/derangedpoetess/status/1167855630385909760

• He was the composer, a programmer and a designer for it. The development studio apparently cuts ties with him a few days ago after some abuse allegations came up about him.

Oh shit that's sad. I own Night in the Woods, though I haven't played it yet The trailers and concept of the game always give me this nice

• What a tragedy. This is going to have significant consequences in terms of how the gaming community will talk about issues like sexual assault and mental illness in the industry.

People are already making Zoe Quinn responsible for Alec's suicide, which is not only terrible but also unbelievably misguided. What a disaster.

Oh shit that's sad. I own Night in the Woods, though I haven't played it yet The trailers and concept of the game always give me this nice

• Yeah, I suppose, but it's not the same.
    Like, that's actually a pain in the ass: I was hoping to help breathe new life into those threads if only by a little.
    Ah well, whenever I get to.

But first, I need to fuckin post Episode 3 of TEW and finish that game already.

You can make discussion threads about the now unlicensed games in General chat now. I’d definitely like to hear your thoughts on TFTB.

• I just found how to leave the subsections of Reddit. There's a Hakai looking in your direction, TWDG!

• edited August 2019

Wait, how would any of this be her fault? Is it... shudders... because of Gamer Gate?

GSSalvador posted: »

What a tragedy. This is going to have significant consequences in terms of how the gaming community will talk about issues like sexual assau

• Jup. It's already gotten so bad, she deleted her twitter.

lupinb0y posted: »

Wait, how would any of this be her fault? Is it... shudders... because of Gamer Gate?

• This seems to be really unfortunate all around.

Hopefully the victims and Zoe are alright and stopped getting blamed for it, and also that the guys family (regardless of his abuse), get through their grief okay.

GSSalvador posted: »

Jup. It's already gotten so bad, she deleted her twitter.

• edited September 2019

Ah goddammit, turns out the creator of Twelve Forever might be a huge fucking pedophile. It was found that she made a post on Tumblr nine years ago detailing her stalking a 14 year old boy for an entire day and going on about his features and her hopes on interacting with him. She even tagged it as #pedophile.

• Holy shit at that performance on base consoles...

Res drops as low as 960x408 and 800x340 on base PS4 and Xbox One respectively, with performance dips as low as 14 and 12 fps. What happened with this game's optimization? Starting to seem like 3rd party devs are giving up on optimizing games for the base consoles, much like in the last year of the PS3 and 360.

• Yeah, I just read the post.
    It's like...wow. :cold_sweat: Like, there's being eccentric and/or not grasping the unfortunate implications of your actions, but she openly didn't qualify as either.

lupinb0y posted: »

Ah goddammit, turns out the creator of Twelve Forever might be a huge fucking pedophile. It was found that she made a post on Tumblr nine ye

• edited September 2019

Played on a good ol' PS4 and never had a single fps drop that I noted (meaning drops to like 15 where it's extremely noticeable. I did notice drops to like 25 a few times thats for sure). It froze for a solid 5-10 seconds once but apart from that it ran solid the whole way through. Can't speak for resolution drops but I personally didnt notice any of that either.

MichaelBP posted: »

Holy shit at that performance on base consoles... Res drops as low as 960x408 and 800x340 on base PS4 and Xbox One respectively, with p

• All I want to know is this more proof Xbox is superior to PlayStation?

MichaelBP posted: »

Holy shit at that performance on base consoles... Res drops as low as 960x408 and 800x340 on base PS4 and Xbox One respectively, with p

• I've been playing Borderlands: GOTY, I am Level 28, but I feel that levelling up takes way too long. Is there any way to level up fast? I've tried the Merchant of Death challenge as a way to level up, but when I exit my save, it reverts me back to my original level before I performed the challenge. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sign in to comment in this discussion.