The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• edited June 2019

I know Minecraft: Storymode was pulled from stores but is the game still playable on the Switch? As in were all the episodes put into the cartridges for both seasons or were only the first episodes installed onto them?

• I've been wondering that too. Not fully related to what you're asking but - I've been to retailers where the physical versions of games sell at the exact same price they'd always sell at (quite cheap actually) but it says (EPISODE 1 ONLY) this hasn't happened until recently. At one of the stores I've been to, I found that it was like this for most Telltale games, but in regards to Minecraft, The Complete Adventure Edition was the only one that didn't say Episode 1 Only. However, for the Switch version of Season 2, it still says Episode 1 Only. I think that The Complete Edition is the only one that has all 5 episodes on the cartridge.

lupinb0y posted: »

I know Minecraft: Storymode was pulled from stores but is the game still playable on the Switch? As in were all the episodes put into the cartridges for both seasons or were only the first episodes installed onto them?

• Gonna go play some Amnesia. Idk whether I should continue my second playthrough of the dark descent (starting in the prison) or if I should start it all over, or if I should just do Justine or machine for pigs

• edited June 2019

Well I thought I was going to die today.

Was on a plane flying to Singapore with my parents when suddenly the plane violently started shaking and we dropped a few feet. I had my earphones in but according to my dad when that happened the pilot turned on the intercom and yelled for the flight attendants to quickly sit down. A stewardess who was at the front dropped to the ground and clung onto something so that she wouldn't be thrown around. There was some panicked yelling too by other passengers.

Soon after however the plane starting steadying again but it shook a couple more times after that but they weren't as bad as the first one.

I've felt turbulence before, many times in fact, but this was by far the worse one I've ever felt. The fact that I have a crippling fear of heights made this so much worse for me.

• Huh, I guess I'll go look for copies of the game and see if they're labelled like that. It'd be good to have them (if they're all on the cartridge) since they'd pretty much be one of the few legal ways to actually play the full games.

Ghetsis posted: »

I've been wondering that too. Not fully related to what you're asking but - I've been to retailers where the physical versions of games sell

• edited June 2019

Sighs EA never stops blaming everyone but themselves for their mistakes, renaming loot boxes as "Surprise Mechanics" and blaming the players for what happened to Anthem.

• If that's how they want to look at it, then EA, don't consider this a "boycott of your games," think of it more as a "surprise money saving technique."

Yes, I know this joke is stolen, don't care, it's funny and true.

AronDracula posted: »

Sighs EA never stops blaming everyone but themselves for their mistakes, renaming loot boxes as "Surprise Mechanics" and blaming the players for what happened to Anthem.

• I absolutely detest flying, I avoid it anytime I can. Shit like that can be scary, good to know you're okay.

Well I thought I was going to die today. Was on a plane flying to Singapore with my parents when suddenly the plane violently started sha

• edited June 2019

I flew a plane once ? worst part about it was the way thy made me wear one of those safety jackets. Like wtf bro it’s like 12pm, if nobody notices me go across the runway at that time of day without the vest then they are probably braindead and shouldn’t be flying. The closest I’ve ever been to in a plane crash was either when it seemed like we were dangerously close to a bridge when we went to Chicago, or when the Plane freaken bounced off the ground and my head lunged forward when we went to Spain.

Well I thought I was going to die today. Was on a plane flying to Singapore with my parents when suddenly the plane violently started sha

• And this is why I don't do planes.

• The more I see of old Lady Gaga music videos because of my sister, the more I think Norman Reedus shouldn't be there.

My mind's like: "No, Daryl! Get out of there !"?

• I would post this in the TFTBL section, but that area is more dead than Scooter. Gearbox released a recap video for TFTBL, like they've been doing for the other Borderlands games.

There's definitely a much higher emphasis on Rhys' events, and little to none in regards to Fiona, which only makes me further worried that she, along with Sasha, Gortys, and Loaderbot, will not actually be in BL3.

I also find it interesting that they had Marcus say that the resolution to what happened to Rhys and Fiona is a story for another time, and left a "To be continued" at the end of the video. Since Telltale shut down, they can't make a S2, so maybe there's another video or something down the line that will finally explain what happened to them after they entered the Vault.

• I just realized: today is the 10th year anniversary of the demise of Michael Jackson, King of Pop.

Long live the king

• will most likely be explained in-game, right?

I would post this in the TFTBL section, but that area is more dead than Scooter. Gearbox released a recap video for TFTBL, like they've been

• edited June 2019

Yeah, I think the "To be continued" meant that we will find out what actually happened in BL3.

It's true that Rhys was more prominent in the recap, but Vaughn was not mentioned at all and we know he's in the game, so I wouldn't rule out the possibility of seeing them just yet. If not in the main game, then at least in a DLC.

What I find more interesting is that they made the "Reject Hyperion" choice canon. Which means Dumpy is canonically dead.

F

I would post this in the TFTBL section, but that area is more dead than Scooter. Gearbox released a recap video for TFTBL, like they've been

• Noooooooo, not Dumpy!

Pipas posted: »

Yeah, I think the "To be continued" meant that we will find out what actually happened in BL3. It's true that Rhys was more prominent in

• I bought Bioshock Collection from PSN because price was so small in a deal. I dunno when I'm gonna play them though

• Oof. The dog from the first Toy Story really has not aged well.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I saw a video about this a few days ago.

It's interesting to see how much the animation has evolved over the years.

Oof. The dog from the first Toy Story really has not aged well.

• Holy shit, he looks like he was animated by the Norm of the North animators. But this one gets a pass because it's a 1995 movie.

• edited June 2019

Yeah, and aside from the dog and humans, the movie honestly still looks good at least in my opinion. Not amazing, but good.

AronDracula posted: »

Holy shit, he looks like he was animated by the Norm of the North animators. But this one gets a pass because it's a 1995 movie.

• Going back to Orlando next year, reeeallly wanna try tower of terror this time rather than entering the thing only to do a cartoony out of frame dash where I kick up dust back into the lobby. I like thrills and all but I can hardly go on the teacups without being on the verge of crying.

• edited June 2019

Luckily animation for the dog in Toy Story 2 looks much, much better. (And it only gets better from there. You seen the cat in TS4?? It's practically photo-realistic! ...just as many other aspects of that movie look.)

Oh wait the video Ozzy links shows the differences pretty well.

• Not sure if anyone found this yet, but the Walking Dead Definitive Series is going to have all 150 music tracks to listen to within the menu.

• Go ahead and post that here too, if you please.

AChicken posted: »

Not sure if anyone found this yet, but the Walking Dead Definitive Series is going to have all 150 music tracks to listen to within the menu. https://twitter.com/TheWalkingDead/status/1141794985299234816

• edited June 2019

Yeah I've seen the movie. Everything about its visuals is such a massive improvement, even from Toys Story 3. I love that Pixar pushes themselves to improve something drastically (and set the bar) every time they make a movie. I also like that Walt Disney Animations clearly takes inspiration from them to do the same thing (the ice in frozen, the water in Moana, and the crowds of Zootopia to name a few examples).

AChicken posted: »

Luckily animation for the dog in Toy Story 2 looks much, much better. (And it only gets better from there. You seen the cat in TS4?? It's pr

• edited June 2019

I can confirm that the Switch versions for both seasons of Minecraft: Storymode have all the episodes installed onto the cartridge.

I've been wondering that too. Not fully related to what you're asking but - I've been to retailers where the physical versions of games sell

• edited June 2019

A couple new screenshots for The Walking Dead Definitive Edition have been released and a user on Reddit was kind enough to make a comparison.

Definitive and Original:

In my opinion it really nails the comicbook aesthetic (a kind of Scanner Darkly vibe) and it's nice to see that they seemed to have turned up the saturation unlike some of the previous examples. The graphic black is lookin' real good here.

We also get a look at the jukebox (where you can listen to the soundtrack) for the games.

Looks like each season will have its own sub-menu which is good. The gramophone is in the swimming pool of Clem's home, her treehouse can be seen in the top right in all its remade glory.

• Hm...on one hand, it certainly looks brighter and more colorful. But on the other, it causes the models to look a little messy against certain backgrounds.

A couple new screenshots for The Walking Dead Definitive Edition have been released and a user on Reddit was kind enough to make a compariso

• Yeah, and I'm afraid they're going to overdo a lot of things, namely over here at least, the body models will have very bold outlines and it looks wierd.

DabigRG posted: »

Hm...on one hand, it certainly looks brighter and more colorful. But on the other, it causes the models to look a little messy against certain backgrounds.

• Well, there's always the original seasons to go back to. Separate, untouched, retaining all their original looks and features. Not like the Definitive Collection is going to totally replace them.

Yeah, and I'm afraid they're going to overdo a lot of things, namely over here at least, the body models will have very bold outlines and it looks wierd.

• I finally understand people who constantly shit on something they’re disappointed in ? like genuinely I feel like a good chunk of EA’s fanbase is braindead, I literally sent them evidence that they are being manipulated and robbed for a company’s own selfish principles and they’re just shrugging it off like it’s nothing...TFS hate is a different story tho lololol

• Just watched captain marvel. I have to say, it’s an incredibly underrated movie. The movie is full of character moments, a beautiful setting (I’m a big fan of the 60’s-90’s) Nick Fury stoke the spotlight and I loved it, Goose was adorable, there were actually quite a lot of scenes in there that got me to chuckle and I can’t forget the Stan Lee memorial right at the opening Marvel logo sequence.

I feel like a lot of people disliked the movie largely because of Brie Larsen, and I understand that she can be a bit annoying, but if you look past the actors and actresses then this movie is a must watch and a fun experience.

As a final verdict I give it 6 Gooses out of 1 Ronan cameo

• edited June 2019

Can the Yankees not give me a fucking heart attack and make a complete embarrassment of themselves in a foreign country?! Yeah they held on to win, but they had a 17-6 lead, and almost fucking blew it, to the Red Sox no less, in the first game of the London series. Woohoo we won, whoopity fucking do, but by God that was nerve racking, no one should be proud of this win.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I know I might be late with this but I got Watch Dogs 2 in the Steam summer sale and I heard a really familiar voice while playing.

• Yeah Gavin Hammon does a lot of voices for random NPC's in video games. He also voices some of the guards in the new Hitman games.

OzzyUK posted: »

I know I might be late with this but I got Watch Dogs 2 in the Steam summer sale and I heard a really familiar voice while playing.

• I watched the original Halloween for the second time. After first time watching it, I didn't understand what was going on but after the second time watching, I finally started to get it. This is mostly due to the fact that Dr. Loomis has been playing the pronoun game the entire fucking time.

• It’s July 1st, which means the greatest holiday for baseball fans has finally arrived once again. Happy Bobby Bonilla Day everyone, let us celebrate by laughing hysterically at the failure that is the New York Mets.

• I must also laugh hysterically at the failure that is the New York Knicks.

It’s July 1st, which means the greatest holiday for baseball fans has finally arrived once again. Happy Bobby Bonilla Day everyone, let us celebrate by laughing hysterically at the failure that is the New York Mets.

• Honestly, if you ask me, and I can't believe I'm saying this, I think the Knicks were smart to not take the risk on Kevin Durant. He tore his Achilles, he's going to be out all of next year, and when he comes back, it's extremely unlikely that he'll be close to the player he was. The Nets (who are my favorite team, I know, I'm ashamed as well but at the time they were the New Jersey Nets so what was I supposed to do) are paying him millions of dollars to not play for an entire year, and they really did it just so they could also lock down Irving and Jordan.

That's not to say I also can't laugh hysterically at the Knicks either, because they hyped up this offseason and got their fans hopes up, only to fall to the 3rd pick in the draft, missing out on a generational talent like Zion, and have failed to pick up some of the biggest names out on the market. What they got instead was decent signings, but not players that will lead the team to the playoffs, let alone a championship. At this point, I have to side with many Knicks fans and demand that Dolan sell the team, because this team has been in a perpetual rebuild for 20 something years at this point, and his leadership has been cancerous to players, the media, and the fans.

But then again, what do I know, I haven't been able to stomach the NBA for years (you can only take so many Golden State vs. Lebron Finals before you get tired of it). Yes I know we finally got a new team in their with the Raptors, and congrats to them for finally stopping the Warriors, but it's not a sign of a healthy league when 70% of the teams are tanking to try and win the draft lottery, and that's the state the NBA has been in for the last few years. Hockey (which has their free agency starting today, let's go Devils) is far more enjoyable and entertaining, you actually get different teams in the Stanley Cup Finals, and you had the incredible story of the Blues this year winning it all. The NBA is a joke.

I must also laugh hysterically at the failure that is the New York Knicks.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.