The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Oh wow, Death Stranding has been announced for PC!

Wasn't expecting that at all. I thought they had announced early on that since Sony was helping Kojima Productions that their first game (since departing from Konami) would be a Playstation exclusive?

• Apparently very early in Death Stranding's development phase, it was planned to be a PC game. Then Sony stepped in and gave them the money and resources to make it as big as Kojima wanted for PS4.

Whatever the case, I think it's weird that they'd announce this before the game's even out on PS4, especially because we all thought that this would be a Playstation Exclusive. Seems like it might endanger a few pre-orders with this news though, having some high-end players waiting it out until next year to get those sweet, sweet, 260fps or whatever.

lupinb0y posted: »

Oh wow, Death Stranding has been announced for PC! Wasn't expecting that at all. I thought they had announced early on that since Sony wa

• edited October 2019

I guess they didn't want to do the Rockstar thing and wait until a year/two years to announced a PC release. It'll still make the big bucks since it's a Kojima game and Sony will almost certainly get a cut since they helped fund development. I've already seen a handful of people claiming they'll boycott the game now because it isn't a PS exclusive anymore (lol).

There's a 50/50 chance that it'll be released on the Epic Games Store since the PC version is being published by 505 Games.

AChicken posted: »

Apparently very early in Death Stranding's development phase, it was planned to be a PC game. Then Sony stepped in and gave them the money a

• I guess they didn't want to do the Rockstar thing and wait until a year/two years to announced a PC release.

Well, they could have announced this in December or early next year. It's slated to come out Summer 2020, so it's not like it would take 1-2 years to port.

I guess they didn't want to do the Rockstar thing and wait until a year/two years to announced a PC release. It'll still make the big bucks

• edited October 2019

As if the whole SupMatto situation wasn't enough, Take-Two threatened and collected private info from a Youtuber called GamingDamned, who is a modder for Red Dead Redemption. They even contacted his mother. (I don't know if this was talked about but I'll post it here anyway)

• so i just finished the college of winterhold questline for the very first time, and it's so fucking wack dudes.

like genuinely the mages guild quests in oblivion are so cool, but the college questline is the most bland shit ever. it's just 3 really long unavoidable dungeons where magic is basically worthless against enemies who can easily combat it, none of the teachers sell any spells that i can't get from farengaar for cheaper, nobody has an interesting character arc or appeals to the player at all, the villain is underdeveloped and lame and you can totally fucking tell he's the villain from the second he appears, and by the time you finish it, which is about 2 hours of gameplay, you become the fucking ARCH-MAGE OF SKYRIM and it doesn't feel earned in the slightest because you haven't become a better mage because none of the quests are mage related and you didn't learn any new spells. you're just the reigning champion dickhead of a bunch of other dickheads.

with the mages guild you got to do all sorts of cool stuff and the questline was super long and winding with a lot of twists and turns and surprises and a great set of antagonists. all of the quests serviced this grander theme of you becoming a better magician, and by the end of the questline when you become the big honcho it feels super earned and rewarding. not to mention the further you ranked up the more cool spells you had access to, which was obviously really helpful in making you a better wizard.

i wasted my whole ass time on this fucking boneless version of a better quest with boneless versions of better characters and a boneless plot made by a boneless hobbit lookin ass known as todd howard. and it really says a whole lot about the game as a whole in all honesty. you can have more fun with mods and such when playing the game, but eventually you have to do the shit bethesda put into the game, and none of it is remotely engaging. it's all just inferior knock offs of better things in better games, the closest the game even gets to being as open ended and fun as oblivion is near the end of the main story where it actually gives you choices that impact the world, but ALL of these choices can be rendered useless with a mod or by doing the civil war questline, which also sucks total dog ass because you're literally deciding whether you want to fight for a bunch of racist fascists obsessed with religion, or strict anti-religious fascists who are being controlled and lobbied by even more racist fascists.

which leaves us with the companions, thieves guild and dark brotherhood which are all just boneless versions of their oblivion counterparts. the imperials betraying the dark brotherhood will literally never even remotely hit me as hard as being forced to kill all of my guild brothers to weed out the traitor in the guild, the incredible story of drug abuse and rivaling camps will always beat out the companions' weird fucking werewolf thing, and the grey fox is a far more interesting and better used character than brynjolf and karliah combined.

i still haven't played dawnguard or dragonborn, so they MIGHT be better, but genuinely i don't want to because it will so obviously be worse than the shivering isles and the knights of the nine. because why wouldn't it be? it's fucking skyrim. they didn't even need to try so long as they made it a big wooshy wooshy open world game with fancy gramphicks and big swords and lots magic. that's what bethesda is doing to fallout, what they did to prey and dishonored, and it's what they'll eventually do to doom and wolfenstein. they don't care about making games anymore, they care about selling products. and of course gamers will continue to eat it up because todd howard is funny man and skyrim has "no politics!!!11" (even though it totally does, they just mean it has no left leaning ideals), and it makes me so fucking mad because we are PAYING bethesda to keep pumping out mediocrity despite them very fucking clearly being able to do better.

like i'm really sorry that i'm ranting, but what's the fucking point of me trying to get invested in your world if you clearly didn't fucking care enough to flesh it out enough or put the most miniscule amount of thought into it? why should I do the work for todd howard and his cronies when they should have put that work in when they spent 5 years developing a game that barely even functions much less has love put into it like oblivion did. why should i care if the only thing they cared about was getting it out in a semi-playable condition so they could make lots of money? i might as well just replay oblivion again, because i ALWAYS have more fun with vanilla oblivion with no dlc than i do with modded skyrim and all the dlc. todd howard is a little fucking hobbit in disguise and needs to be punished for being a bad boy

• Uh, what is LCG Entertainment?

• Stop improving our game or we'll tell your momma!

Menofthe214 posted: »

As if the whole SupMatto situation wasn't enough, Take-Two threatened and collected private info from a Youtuber called GamingDamned, who is

• "We will contact your mom if you ruin the game for us by making it better. Oh wait but were a billion dollar corporation so we can do whatever it takes without your permission, even if it means harassing you or stealing your info." - TakeTwo

DabigRG posted: »

Stop improving our game or we'll tell your momma!

• LCG Entertainment is a privately held company, headquartered in Malibu with a satellite studio in Corte Madera, California. LCG Entertainment owns the brand, assets and various IP from the original Telltale Games company. Formerly an award-winning independent developer and publisher of both original and licensed IP games for every major interactive platform, Telltale Games pioneered the episodic delivery of digital gaming content. Initially founded in 2004, Telltale won numerous accolades for its best-selling game series, including The Walking Dead, Batman: The Telltale Series, The Wolf Among Us, Tales from the Borderlands, and more. LCG Entertainment will be operating and marketing games under the Telltale brand going forward. For more information on the new Telltale Games, please visit www.telltale.com.

DabigRG posted: »

Uh, what is LCG Entertainment?

• Well, David Benioff and DB Weiss are out of the new Star Wars trilogy. It's not like this is the first time someone has jumped off the Star Wars ship, numerous directors and writers have done so previously. Bet they're wishing they didn't rush that final season of GOT now.

• So Game of Thrones was ruined for absolutely nothing, why am I nor surprised? This is probably the worst year for movies and TV.

Well, David Benioff and DB Weiss are out of the new Star Wars trilogy. It's not like this is the first time someone has jumped off the Star

• I think movies have been fine this year. Very common for a bunch of stinky movies to release every year but 2019 has had some good bangers.

AronDracula posted: »

So Game of Thrones was ruined for absolutely nothing, why am I nor surprised? This is probably the worst year for movies and TV.

• edited October 2019

Looks like they decided to focus on their $200m Netflix deal. That or Disney/Lucasfilm saw what happened to Game of Thrones and was like "Hell naw.".

Bet they're wishing they didn't rush that final season of GOT now.

The scripts for season 8 were finished before they got the Star Wars deal. They're just not very good at writing original content that's not adapted from something.

Not gonna lie, even as someone who’s been happy with modern Star Wars, I’m pretty relieved to hear that they’re out considering how they handled the final seasons of their flagship show and some of the PR stuff. I heard they did a panel recently that was absolute ass too.

Well, David Benioff and DB Weiss are out of the new Star Wars trilogy. It's not like this is the first time someone has jumped off the Star

• Yeah? Good.

• They did cite their Netflix deal and scheduling conflicts as the reason they dropped out, but I still find there might be some more to this. Like I said, this isn't the first time a director has left or been fired from the project, so even if it is legitimately an issue with scheduling between the parties involved, it doesn't stop it from stinking a little.

I'm interested in hearing more about this panel though, what happened or what did they say?

Looks like they decided to focus on their $200m Netflix deal. That or Disney/Lucasfilm saw what happened to Game of Thrones and was like "He

• Seriously, the new Mandalorian trailer came out and people already started memeing about it?

Pipas posted: »

Yeah? Good.

• edited October 2019

uhhh, for mainstream generic blockbusters yeah it's been pretty bad, but this year has had nothing but banger after banger. i would argue that this has been the best year in the 2010s for movies. second only to 2016.

So Game of Thrones was ruined for absolutely nothing, why am I nor surprised? This is probably the worst year for movies and TV.

• edited October 2019

well it just goes to show, finish your job before moving onto your next job otherwise your new boss will think you're an incompetent brainlet and fire you

• edited October 2019

@MetallicaRules

Sorry ClemyCloo, didn't mean to reply to your comment.

I looked it up and the cliff notes are that:

• They forgot certain character names, like Euron Greyjoy who they referred to as "the Iron Isles."

• They specifically took out fantasy elements whenever possible, because they apparently didn’t want to pander to that part of the fanbase, and instead chose to appeal to "mothers" and "NFL players".

• They implied fantasy is ‘too feminine’.

• They admitted that no attempt was made to understand the elements of the series. According to them "the scope was too big".

• They had no idea why GRRM trusted them "with his life's work."

• They almost gave a baby frostbite on set because they spent too much time trying to get the "details of the shot."

• They didn't take in any fan feedback as the series went along. They didn't see the value of considering other peoples reactions.

well it just goes to show, finish your job before moving onto your next job otherwise your new boss will think you're an incompetent brainlet and fire you

• EA will now begin selling their games on Steam again, with their first title being Jedi: Fallen Order, which is now available for pre-order, with The Sims 4 and Unravel Two to follow shortly after. Apex Legends, Fifa 2020, and Battlefield 5 will come to Steam sometime next year as well.

You'll still require Origin to be installed on your computer like Ubisoft does with Uplay, aside from Apex Legends which will launch directly from Steam. However, it seems like they're looking to have proper Steam integration in the future without having to actually have Origin to play any of the other titles listed. They might make it so that you'll just need an account that you'll have to log in to instead of having the actual software.

• Did they say anything about Mass Effect 3? I’ve been dying to try the series, but only 1 and 2 are on Steam, while 3 is on Origin exclusively. And since they have never released the games on the current generation of consoles, PC is all I’ve got.

Also, in regards to that GOT post, all I can say is: OOF! I am really glad I never got into GOT.

EA will now begin selling their games on Steam again, with their first title being Jedi: Fallen Order, which is now available for pre-order,

• edited October 2019

Maybe in the future but as of right now those are the only games planned so far. Maybe they'll bring Mass Effect, Dead Space and whatever else over once they see how successful the deal is.

Also, in regards to that GOT post, all I can say is: OOF! I am really glad I never got into GOT.

Lol same. When the series was still relatively new I was asked to watch it by a few friends but didn't because I'd already been spoiled on pretty much everything.

Did they say anything about Mass Effect 3? I’ve been dying to try the series, but only 1 and 2 are on Steam, while 3 is on Origin exclusivel

• It wouldn't have been much better tbh. Why do people think D&D are capable, they're just not good writers. Although, Season 8 probably wouldn't be the last season.

• Weren't they involved in all the previous seasons? Cause from what I've heard, they were all good.

Ghetsis posted: »

It wouldn't have been much better tbh. Why do people think D&D are capable, they're just not good writers. Although, Season 8 probably wouldn't be the last season.

• Oh joy, one of the most hated and useless characters in Borderlands who was given everything for doing absolutely fuck all, and was easily one of the worst parts of a Borderlands 3, is going to be a huge focus in the Borderlands DLC’s. My enthusiasm is boundless and my faith restored.

• Anyone have any game recommendations on Steam now that the Halloween Sale is on?

• Mirror's Edge, Spec Ops The Line, The Forest.

Anyone have any game recommendations on Steam now that the Halloween Sale is on?

• edited October 2019

Talos Principle is 85% off. One of my favourite puzzle games.

Anyone have any game recommendations on Steam now that the Halloween Sale is on?

• well the first 6 seasons are all based off of George RR Martin's work, so they're great seasons yeah, but once they ran out of book material, the show's writing began to suffer.

Weren't they involved in all the previous seasons? Cause from what I've heard, they were all good.

• edited October 2019

Well, EA sounds like they want to "release multiple remasters before the end of their next fiscal year -- March 2021", and speculation could be that it's the Mass Effect trilogy, Dead Space, or anything else beloved in their back-catalog.
    https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/10/ea_gives_mass_effect_fans_hope_with_confirmation_of_exciting_remasters_coming_soon

Whether this means they're aiming to release this-Gen console ports or next-Gen remains to be seen.

Did they say anything about Mass Effect 3? I’ve been dying to try the series, but only 1 and 2 are on Steam, while 3 is on Origin exclusivel

• edited October 2019

Probably next gen if Sony/Microsoft are looking at 2020 releases.

AChicken posted: »

Well, EA sounds like they want to "release multiple remasters before the end of their next fiscal year -- March 2021", and speculation could

• edited October 2019

@Nikolah

A.) Is everything sound at LCG/TTG right now? No news at all since a few days after press release. I get your just a part time web host dude but maybe you know?

B.) Jamie and/or Bryan forum AMA when?

• Where my 2020 fellas at?

• Maybe they have special plans that we can't consider right now!!

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

@Nikolah A.) Is everything sound at LCG/TTG right now? No news at all since a few days after press release. I get your just a part time web host dude but maybe you know? B.) Jamie and/or Bryan forum AMA when?

• Telltale fans waiting for New Telltale to say something be like

• Another Washington DC sports Legacy of Failure has ended. The Washington Nationals are World Series champions. Congrats Nationals on staying in the fight and grinding all season. A well earned curly W.

• Yup Seasons 1 to 6 were great, 6 wasn't as good but still great, and then 7 and 8 were bad.

well the first 6 seasons are all based off of George RR Martin's work, so they're great seasons yeah, but once they ran out of book material, the show's writing began to suffer.

• i thought 6 was really solid but 5 was the not as good one personally. and despite some great stuff here and there in season 7, yeah 7 and 8 are atrocious

Ghetsis posted: »

Yup Seasons 1 to 6 were great, 6 wasn't as good but still great, and then 7 and 8 were bad.

• edited October 2019

Those old Sparkshorts released earlier this year are coming to Disney+! (two new ones are being included as well at later dates. Wind releasing on Dec. 13, and Loop releasing on Jan 10th next year)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.