The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• JELL-O Pudding is guilty by default.

Poogers555 posted: »

Pudding.

• I'm excited for that, but sadly Australia usually gets Disney animated movies later than everyone else for some reason. Did you get the feels?

dojo32161 posted: »

Saw Onward at my theater tonight, it was a good movie.

• HOLY SHIT! I don't think anyone saw this coming. A new Amnesia game which is the true sequel to The Dark Descent, not that shitty "A Machine For Pigs" which felt more like a spin off and I haven't even finished it.

This needs to be good. Hope it doesn't end in the same way with Outlast 2.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

I felt feelings, but not in the way I had been expecting going by the only trailer I saw.

lupinb0y posted: »

I'm excited for that, but sadly Australia usually gets Disney animated movies later than everyone else for some reason. Did you get the feels?

• 2 more weeks until I can rip and tear again, the anticipation is killing me.

• Whenever people ask me why I started listening to metal, I like to tell them it was because of my childhood. This is followed by a strange look from them, but it’s the truth. How can I not when so many shows I was raised on featured heavy metal so prominently.

Duck Dodgers - Megadeth (with Dave Mustaine voicing himself)

Fairly Odd Parents - KISS (best clip I could find)

Married With Children (maybe not a kids show, but I certainly remember watching episodes of it when I was younger, including this one) - Anthrax

Kids Next Door - GWAR (this one is a fun one because the writers of the show actually worked with the band to re-record and write new lyrics for the show based on two GWAR songs, Private Pain of Techno Destructo, and Gor Gor)

And easily the best example: Spongebob, with a few different bands.
    Pantera (instrumental version of their song Death Rattle)

Motörhead (re-recorded their song “You Better Run” into “You Better Swim” for the first movie)

Twisted Sister (“I Wanna Rock” used as basis for “I’m a Goofy Goober)

As I just found out, the lead singer of Twisted Sister, Dee Snider, voiced a character in a later episode of Spongebob.

• unpopular opinion but i actually really like a machine for pigs and people give it too much shit

AronDracula posted: »

HOLY SHIT! I don't think anyone saw this coming. A new Amnesia game which is the true sequel to The Dark Descent, not that shitty "A Machine

• Same, not only Grim Adventures Of Billy And Mandy but I got so hocked like that (Batle Of The Bands) theme.

But DragonBallZ : The Legendary Super Saiyan
    Followed by Coolers Revenge
    And Lord Slug

That's why I couldn't get enough metal that and high school when I was in weight lifting .

Then here I am listening to 98 Rock and going on spotify listening to more metal bands that I haven't got a chance to get into.

Whenever people ask me why I started listening to metal, I like to tell them it was because of my childhood. This is followed by a strange l

• Just going to put it out there for the web team/person: it would be nice if this website didn't need to link to an outside image-sharing website (I.e.: Imgur) to be able to include images in posts.

• I am listening to 98 Rock and going on Spotify listening to more metal bands that I haven't got a chance to get into.

Shit, my good friend. it seems that we both do that!

Same, not only Grim Adventures Of Billy And Mandy but I got so hocked like that (Batle Of The Bands) theme. But DragonBallZ : The Legend

• R.I.P Max von Sydow

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited March 2020

For a number of complicated reasons, that probably isn't likely to happen. If a website hosts their own local content, that can incur all kinds of complications for image storage (server costs), legal/copyright reasons, abuse of the image storage (people uploading bad stuff), etc. The TL:DR summary is that that would put Telltale instead of imgur in charge of handling issues for security, copyright, abuse, etc.

Taking into consideration multiple circumstances that I am aware of, and the kinds of abuse this would invite in worst-case scenarios, this would probably be a bad idea. (Plus, I'm not sure if the software this forum runs on would even support direct image uploads.)

AChicken posted: »

Just going to put it out there for the web team/person: it would be nice if this website didn't need to link to an outside image-sharing website (I.e.: Imgur) to be able to include images in posts.

• I have been waiting for this.

• A swedish treasure not soon forgotten. A celebrity death hasn't hit me this hard since Sir Christopher Lee died I think.

TheFurryOne posted: »

R.I.P Max von Sydow

• Ah, makes sense.

Thanks for the explanation, Blind.

For a number of complicated reasons, that probably isn't likely to happen. If a website hosts their own local content, that can incur all ki

• Lol as a Chinese guy I'm now too afraid to sneeze or cough in public. Also I am having trouble finding toilet paper, and I'm on my last two rolls.

• I'm more nervous about the reaction of so many people than coronavirus itself. People in Australia are losing their minds even though there have been less than 100 cases so far and only a few deaths. My mum couldn't find toilet paper at any local supermarket this past weekend, and people are actually getting into fights over what little is left.

Lol as a Chinese guy I'm now too afraid to sneeze or cough in public. Also I am having trouble finding toilet paper, and I'm on my last two rolls.

• edited March 2020

Yep saw the news article about the fight that was in a Woolie's in Sydney(?)

What a time to be alive.

I've been told I've gotta go early in the morning if I wanna get any tp.

I'm more nervous about the reaction of so many people than coronavirus itself. People in Australia are losing their minds even though there

• Yeah I've heard that a lot of stores are empty within an hour of opening.

Honestly people are acting as if this outbreak is gonna end the world. It's serious, but the vast majority of deaths so far have been elderly or people with existing medical conditions. The chances of even catching it are unlikely, especially if people take care to wash their hands properly and cover their mouths when they cough or sneeze. And only a small portion of confirmed cases have resulted in deaths.

Yep saw the news article about the fight that was in a Woolie's in Sydney(?) What a time to be alive. I've been told I've gotta go early in the morning if I wanna get any tp.

• big oof

seriously, more people have died from the flu.

Lol as a Chinese guy I'm now too afraid to sneeze or cough in public. Also I am having trouble finding toilet paper, and I'm on my last two rolls.

• This flue is everywhere now, be careful people.

• Sooo, is post malone okay?

• So I took this photo in Red Dead Redemption 2. Thought it was cool:

• Wonder what virus is going to trend five to ten years from now?

• God I hate classroom first introductions.

What I hate even more however, is thinking of the perfect/truthful answer for your "thing(s) I do outside of school" question, and still forgetting to mention a big chunk of that thought.

• School was kinda ok I’ll be honest I remember I had to right the question and the answer in a sheet of paper or notebook for exams it was easy but the (teachers) most of them were ok some I And pardon my langue (incompetent) when it came to social issues but hey.

The education I’ll give it a B+ on some stuff .

God I hate classroom first introductions. What I hate even more however, is thinking of the perfect/truthful answer for your "thing(s) I do outside of school" question, and still forgetting to mention a big chunk of that thought.

• It’ll come to pass , remember the swine flu back in 09 and that was a thing of the past now this new threat I’ll be just like everything else...

Nothing lasts forever.

This flue is everywhere now, be careful people.

• edited March 2020

Anyone here mod games? I mod games like gta5, Witcher3,etc. I don't know if it's allowed to be talked about though.

• Does modding my gamesave in Walking Dead S&S to avoid hard enemies, practice weapons, and to grind easy loot count?

Menofthe214 posted: »

Anyone here mod games? I mod games like gta5, Witcher3,etc. I don't know if it's allowed to be talked about though.

• So I decided to binge Season 1 and Season 2 of You and Im a bit mixed.

Season 1 was super good. Honestly amazing imo. It had great thrills and suspense the entire time and I cared a lot about the characters and the ending was honestly really emotional. Overall just great, and I loved the underlining message of the season.

But Season 2 I thought was really bad. For one it suffers from a Telltale Walking Dead problem. "What if we just- replace the entire cast?" which I felt was a big mistake. It feels like a soft reboot and is missing a ton of what made season 1 so interesting. I didnt care about any of the characters, the pace dragged really bad, overall nothing interesting was happening. Ep 2 made me think the show was going to go in a direction it should have but it ends that possibility at the end of it. And holy shit the last 3 episodes were super- super poorly written. Just a bunch of random shit happening. I dont want to get into it but I was very disappointed with season 2 which sucks because I was surprised how much I enjoyed season 1. Sadly Season 2's ending doesnt really leave off in a place where I feel season 3 would be going in a good direction.

• edited March 2020

Eyy Horizon Zero Dawn is coming to Steam! I'll probably try it out since I've heard lots of good things about it.

• Yeah any game really. Is WD S&S a fun game to play?

Does modding my gamesave in Walking Dead S&S to avoid hard enemies, practice weapons, and to grind easy loot count?

• Goodbye, still pretty-cool Xbox conference. Goodbye, facepalm-inducing Ubisoft and EA showcases. Goodbye biggest gaming week of the year.

Eh, we'll probably still get announcements but they'll be through pre-recorded video. Then, once those publishers realise it's way more cost-effective to do that, E3 will no longer be a huge thing and will slowly die out as publishers shift to an online announcement method, to properly hold all the cards for when they want to deal them out.

• Why are we still here? Just to suffer....

https://twitter.com/Futterish/status/1237547090110111744 https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1237546233876471808 Goodbye, sti

• I imagine we'll just get regular directs/announcements from Nintendo and Microsoft instead so it won't be a total loss.

https://twitter.com/Futterish/status/1237547090110111744 https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1237546233876471808 Goodbye, sti

• Yeah it is pretty fun. But at the moment you will need a VR system and a pretty beefy computer to run it. In the game you can either play the game helping people out and be rewarded items to progress the story or you can just kill everyone and take their things. Gun play is pretty fun too once you figure out how to inch out of cover to pop headshots and that doors are bullet-proof (not walker-proof) and fully interactable while holding a gun. You get a wide variety of melee and long range weapons to choose from that you can find in the world or craft to take down people and walkers alike, including bombs. Most of your objectives are not very straight forward to find, often giving you small bits of information of where everything is and leaving you to put the pieces together. Plus, because of low light in most areas and having a very crappy flashlight it makes encountering walkers in VR pretty horrifying.

Don't drop your weapons unless you want to get anally buttraped by your enemies.

Menofthe214 posted: »

Yeah any game really. Is WD S&S a fun game to play?

• What the hell is going on with this corona virus? It's taking over the world in 2020, causing schools to close, movies getting delayed, E3 getting cancelled etc.

• Sounds interesting. I would consider getting it but I don't have a VR system unfortunately :(

Yeah it is pretty fun. But at the moment you will need a VR system and a pretty beefy computer to run it. In the game you can either play th

• thank god. e3 is like the oscars. sometimes it gets you excited but most of the time it's a bunch of rich white jackoffs embarassing themselves and having no idea what people actually enjoy. if i have to sit through one more just dance musical number just to see if ubisoft will bless me with another splinter cell game (they wont) i'm gonna go apeshit.

i'd prefer it if e3 just became something like nintendo does with their directs. you have the pre-recorded show where nothing can go wrong, announce nothing but games and cut out the filler (just dance numbers, cars on stage, minecraft but in 4k), and have some cool spots set up around the country where people can gather and watch it similar to when people gather at the nintendo store in new york for a direct. that'd be so much nicer.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.