The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• I wish I had a PS4 so I could play the first game, I know next to nothing about it, except that it was a massive deal at launch. I recall seeing you and others chat about it before, so I figured it'd be a good piece of news to share with fans like yourself

I would have been more than happy with just a Horizon Zero Dawn 2, to hear they're already planning for it to be a trilogy is even better. This is the first I’m hearing of a Zero Dawn comic, I’ll have to check it out.

• Horizon does come to PC this Summer, so if that's where you usually play games you can pick it up there without having to buy a console

I wish I had a PS4 so I could play the first game, I know next to nothing about it, except that it was a massive deal at launch. I recall se

• Oh you found it. I didn't find the full version through a 10 second search of YouTube, so I bought a copy through Bandicamp. It made it easier to transfer to phone anyway.

I’m assuming you found it based on your next comment, but here’s the full version of the song.

• How was the game anyway? I know pretty much nothing about it except it's a third person open world game.

I would have been more than happy with just a Horizon Zero Dawn 2, to hear they're already planning for it to be a trilogy is even better. This is the first I’m hearing of a Zero Dawn comic, I’ll have to check it out.

• edited April 2020

I think it's amazing, probably one of my favorite PS4 exclusive titles (although I guess I can't say that anymore since it's coming to PC).

The game is a set in a post-apocalyptic world overrun with machines, where humans survive in various different tribes. The main character is Aloy, played by Ashly Burch (Chloe in LiS, Tiny Tina in Borderlands, Parvatti in The Outer Worlds), who was outcasted from her tribe when she was an infant for being motherless, but was raised by another outcast named Rost. She learns of a chance to become a member of her tribe through competing in what's known as The Proving. Throughout the game's story, you begin to unravel the mystery behind Aloy, as well as the rest of the world, as she deals with another tribe, known as the Shadow Carja.

I would easily say the game's best strengths are in its story and Burch's performance, which should come as no surprise to anyone (even in my hatred of Chloe, I can't praise Burch's performance enough in that game). The story is fantastic in how the mystery unfolds and connects to everything occurring throughout the game. Aloy is one of my favorite protagonists in recent memory. Each tribe seen in the game has its own unique customs, cultures, and religions (that again, begin to make more sense as the game unfolds). It is an open world, RPG type game, so you can level up through gaining experience points and completing side missions. The game does have a choice wheel for Aloy's dialogue, but it doesn't really have any impact throughout the game. You scavenge and buy parts and ingredients throughout the world to make new weapons or traps. It can be a bit slow in the beginning, but it does pick up as you get used to the gameplay and the story gets going. The dialogue can be a bit "meh" at times, but that's the only real major complaint I have with it. I would definitely recommend getting the game.

lupinb0y posted: »

How was the game anyway? I know pretty much nothing about it except it's a third person open world game.

• Seems like it's hitting a lot of the things I like in an open world game. Can you stealth your way through combat or is it more action oriented?

I think it's amazing, probably one of my favorite PS4 exclusive titles (although I guess I can't say that anymore since it's coming to PC).

• Stealth is definitely an option.

lupinb0y posted: »

Seems like it's hitting a lot of the things I like in an open world game. Can you stealth your way through combat or is it more action oriented?

• Sounds really fun and engrossing. (Which is also what everyone else who likes this game says. Probably "the best playstation exclusive ever".)

It's, uh, actually one of the titles in my backlog.
    Buuuut the one time I picked it up, I only finished the tutorial before moving back to a game I was halfway through and had yet to finish.

Maybe I'll redo that tutorial and play it for real next time. Hopefully soon. Death Stranding is fun, but my god is it a massive game with tons of repetitive, addicting side-content.

• Nice, I'll check it out whenever it finally releases on Steam.

Thanks for the recommendation!

Stealth is definitely an option.

• edited April 2020

I just finished The Midnight Gospel, an adult animated series on Netflix by Pendleton Ward (the creator of Adventure Time) and comedian Daniel Trussell. I fuckin' loved this show holy shit.

The series follows the character Clancy (voiced by Daniel Trussell), who travels to dying planets in order to interview someone for his podcast and each episode is pretty much an animated podcast where Clancy and the guest discuss a topic of some kind with many of the topics being very spiritual is one form or another. These are real conversations that just so happened to be animated. I felt myself drawn into every single topic they discussed even if I didn't fully understand or necessarily believe in what they were talking about, and sometimes you'll get these funny moments where they'll accidentally break character.

The only problems I kinda have with it is that sometimes the visuals overshadow the dialogue to the point where it gets a little hard to concentrate on both at the same time, and at times the low frame rate animation gets super choppy.

The final episode of the season is fuckin' beautiful. The whole series is a trippy mind-melding experience but this episode was just absolutely wonderful, as well as surprisingly emotional. I felt myself holding back floodgates which I eventually failed to do.

The podcast style of the series and its lack of an overarching story/narrative definitely won't be for everyone, but I absolutely recommend you at the very least try watching the first episode and go from there.

• edited April 2020

Yeah like you said it obviously would require a lot of work and time but I think that's the way to go. The challenge is getting the playtime to be a similiar length, but honestly, I wouldn't mind Telltale games being shorter, at least I'd know that I could replay it and get different stories. TFS was a pretty boring replay for me.

Poogers555 posted: »

I doubt they are teasing anything, they first changed the profile pic to Joker because of the EGS sale, then they sale ended so they just pu

• I’ve unsubscribed not only because there’s no more walking dead I just get annoyed seeing childish trolls when he streams Fortnite especially if his subscribers look like they’re 13 or lower I barely see any 16 to 17 or older folks .

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

This video really shows his true colors. He lashes out on his fans and gets mad at them for not donating.

• edited April 2020

I agree. It is more work but they're gonna need to do something to show they are different than the old Telltale and also need to make a game that justifies why you buy it. If someone watches a youtube playthrough of a youtuber for episode 1, then checks out another youtuber and already sees massive differences, that viewer is suddenly going to start thinking "wait- this is really different. Maybe I should buy and play this myself..." Youtube playthoughs are potentially New Telltale's best advertising if their games showing how much it can branch right away, because honestly the main reason Telltale died was because everything was the exact same just with 1 binary difference that leads to same result anyway.

Personally I'd be fine if Wolf 2 ends up being around 9ish hours like Wolf 1 is, especially if it means overall story branching actually branches. Really just overall quality matters to me. I pretty recently replayed Tales from the Borderlands, Wolf, and the Batman games, and it really made me change my options on Batman. I finished Wolf and Tales and had a blast replaying them, when I took a break between episodes I found myself looking forward to playing the next one even though I already replayed it before and knew the story pretty much like the back of my hand. But the Batman games felt like a chore to replay. Honestly it really changed my opinion on them sadly more negatively. I remember playing Batman 1 in 2016 and liking it a lot and then when I finally replayed it this year I actually found myself not liking it, I was actually getting really bored. However that may just be an overall quality drop that was happening at Telltale for multiple reasons more so than the choices. (However even that is kinda hand in hand as replaying Batman, it was still really linear. All dialogue leads to the same, no more hidden dialogue based on things you said before, only things that ever changed were directly involved with a big choice which would just make a binary change that gets reverted to "normal" after next scene and accomplished the same thing. So maybe it was the choices.) I still dont think the Batman games are bad at all but it def did not find myself having a blast replaying.

anyway theres another wall I wrote why am I doing this help-

Ghetsis posted: »

Yeah like you said it obviously would require a lot of work and time but I think that's the way to go. The challenge is getting the playtime

• I've heard of Dom a few times on discord, my friends and I did some trolling. And we set our nicknames to some weird sexual but obviously jokes. And, he banned me.
    And it literally said this...

After that, I lost all respect for him. As if there was any.

I’ve unsubscribed not only because there’s no more walking dead I just get annoyed seeing childish trolls when he streams Fortnite especially if his subscribers look like they’re 13 or lower I barely see any 16 to 17 or older folks .

• Intentionally trolling his Discord server aint cool. Even if what you were doing truly was "harmless" if you were trolling and breaking the rules of the server they have the right to ban you for it.

ᵃⁿᵈ ᵖˡᵉᵃˢᵉ ᵈᵒⁿᵗ ᵗᵉˡˡ ᵐᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ᵈᶦᵈ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʲᵘˢᵗ ᵇᵉᶜᵃᵘˢᵉ ᴵ ˢᵃᶦᵈ ᴵ ᵈᶦᵈⁿᵗ ˡᶦᵏᵉ ʰᶦˢ ˢᵗʳᵃᵗᵉᵍʸ ᵗᵒ ᵍᵃᶦⁿ ᵐᵒⁿᵉᵗᶦᶻᵃᵗᶦᵒⁿ.

I've heard of Dom a few times on discord, my friends and I did some trolling. And we set our nicknames to some weird sexual but obviously jo

• I agree, however I'd argue it's also pretty uncool for Dom to have his auto-bot ban message immediately identify the ban-ee as a "lifeless dumbass", since people can get banned for a variety of reasons, big/small.

Just seems weird to me, is all. I'm sure some people out there are worthy of that message.

Intentionally trolling his Discord server aint cool. Even if what you were doing truly was "harmless" if you were trolling and breaking the

• ᵃⁿᵈ ᵖˡᵉᵃˢᵉ ᵈᵒⁿᵗ ᵗᵉˡˡ ᵐᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ᵈᶦᵈ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʲᵘˢᵗ ᵇᵉᶜᵃᵘˢᵉ ᴵ ˢᵃᶦᵈ ᴵ ᵈᶦᵈⁿᵗ ˡᶦᵏᵉ ʰᶦˢ ˢᵗʳᵃᵗᵉᵍʸ ᵗᵒ ᵍᵃᶦⁿ ᵐᵒⁿᵉᵗᶦᶻᵃᵗᶦᵒⁿ.

Dude, the date says 01/19/20. I didn't fake it.

Also, even if I was trolling. It legit wasn't towards a single person, they were just sexual innuendos put as our names. It's not like I called him a "Dipshit" or an "Asswipe". Hell, I'm not even for that kind of stuff. Calling someone a "Lifeless dumbass" isn't okay, even after they 'troll' someone. I wouldn't even consider those actions as 'trolling'. Trolling is harassing someone, all my friends and I did was change our names to sexual things.

Intentionally trolling his Discord server aint cool. Even if what you were doing truly was "harmless" if you were trolling and breaking the

• edited April 2020

Im fairly certain if banned a bot will send you this message and the message after saying you are banned is written by the mod who chose to ban you, not that this is the message you get on that server no matter what.

AChicken posted: »

I agree, however I'd argue it's also pretty uncool for Dom to have his auto-bot ban message immediately identify the ban-ee as a "lifeless d

• edited April 2020

My bad, didnt notice the date. (also wasnt implying you faked it or anything, just there was a lot of kinda negative talk about him here and I thought your comment was implying you went to check out his discord and started trolling or something after seeing people here criticizing. I apologize.)

That said, I wouldnt be surprised if one of the rules there is nothing sexual at all which would mean you broke the rules, and I am assuming you were probably asked to change your names. All that said I guess it boils down to what exactly you were saying and what the names actually were if it would justify the extra message to the ban. Obviously Im not saying it should just be ok to just call someone a lifeless dumbass but you did admit to purposely trolling which would imply you weren't complying with the mods which could make someone lash out in frustration when they finally banned you.

Obviously I dont have full context but if you were willingly there to troll dont exactly expect to be given the best treatment when they kick you out.

ᵃⁿᵈ ᵖˡᵉᵃˢᵉ ᵈᵒⁿᵗ ᵗᵉˡˡ ᵐᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ᵈᶦᵈ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʲᵘˢᵗ ᵇᵉᶜᵃᵘˢᵉ ᴵ ˢᵃᶦᵈ ᴵ ᵈᶦᵈⁿᵗ ˡᶦᵏᵉ ʰᶦˢ ˢᵗʳᵃᵗᵉᵍʸ ᵗᵒ ᵍᵃᶦⁿ ᵐᵒⁿᵉᵗᶦᶻᵃᵗᶦᵒⁿ. Dude, the date says 01/19/2

• (also wasn't implying you faked it or anything, just there was a lot of kinda negative talk about him here and I thought your comment was implying you went to check out his discord and started trolling or something after seeing people here criticizing. I apologize.)

To be fair, you only really know me for how much of a dick I was being earlier on when I first joined here. And trolling just kinda fits what I used to do. So, it's not really your fault. It just kinda seemed like it, lol.

My bad, didnt notice the date. (also wasnt implying you faked it or anything, just there was a lot of kinda negative talk about him here and

• I gotten tired of him too. I only watched him for like 3 years and now? I just don't like watching him. Like he has been playing Fortnite.... you know,Fortnite? That waste of my time filled with nothing more than kids. Like it isn't just kids. It is also nothing interesting about it. Like this game has become a tumor on everything that it is gaming. It started that stupid Battle Royale crap thread,we have today.

Like gaming with multiplayer isn't the same anymore. Like this game is like non-stop advertising garbage.(also talking about that scene with Thor and his friends playing that game in a Scene from Endgame)

Every gamer from Dr.Disrespect, Shroud,TImTheTatman,Viss,and others are not going to play a game like that anymore. They know it sucks.

I've heard of Dom a few times on discord, my friends and I did some trolling. And we set our nicknames to some weird sexual but obviously jo

• Unfortunately my laptop isn't that great for games, I tried once, and it was just not good. But I hope to pick up a PC in the future, then I'll definitely give it a go

Horizon does come to PC this Summer, so if that's where you usually play games you can pick it up there without having to buy a console

• In case you want any multiplayer games that aren't full of product placement:

I've been playing **Borderlands 3 **recently, really fun game with literally no monetization aside from pre-order bonuses you can now buy and a season pass.

I've also been playing Overwatch with some friends recently, nothing beats playing 3v3's until 4am.

strwar3 posted: »

I gotten tired of him too. I only watched him for like 3 years and now? I just don't like watching him. Like he has been playing Fortnite...

• edited April 2020

NVM, delete this comment

• Good lord, it took me a whole week to make this video, having to do all the recording and editing. But here it is.

• They could just bring back the Rewind feature..

Yeah like you said it obviously would require a lot of work and time but I think that's the way to go. The challenge is getting the playtime

• I feel like Rewind probably will return and I do hope it does. If it does return I do hope they even out the rewind better to match the scenes though, rewinding in Tales episode 5 is a nightmare, the latest chapter you can rewind to is right before the big battle, meaning theres still about 40 minutes left of the last episode.

I hope its implemented like Life is Strange 2 did it. After you finish the episode, you now unlocked rewind. They could even make it so you can live fast forward and rewind like a film for more convenience, I mean it was actually possible to do with the Telltale Tool to live fast forward. I still really dont understand why it was ever removed, like theres really no logical reason to remove it even if the "not enough people use it" was actually true. It wasnt a hard thing to implement or anything, I doubt adding it could legitimately be considered a waste of funds.

iFoRias posted: »

They could just bring back the Rewind feature..

• NOOOOOOO!! You can't just change your definition of trolling!

my friends and I did some trolling

ᵃⁿᵈ ᵖˡᵉᵃˢᵉ ᵈᵒⁿᵗ ᵗᵉˡˡ ᵐᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ᵈᶦᵈ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʲᵘˢᵗ ᵇᵉᶜᵃᵘˢᵉ ᴵ ˢᵃᶦᵈ ᴵ ᵈᶦᵈⁿᵗ ˡᶦᵏᵉ ʰᶦˢ ˢᵗʳᵃᵗᵉᵍʸ ᵗᵒ ᵍᵃᶦⁿ ᵐᵒⁿᵉᵗᶦᶻᵃᵗᶦᵒⁿ. Dude, the date says 01/19/2

• Well we did it fellas, there has actually been a lot of discussion on the forums today!

• edited April 2020

IT'S OVER 9000

Well we did it fellas, there has actually been a lot of discussion on the forums today!

• Yeah, there's been quite a bit of posts and users. Can't compare to when Telltale was alive, but it's nothing to be scoffed out.

Well we did it fellas, there has actually been a lot of discussion on the forums today!

• edited April 2020

MASSIVE The Last of Us 2 spoilers are now online. If you care about being spoiled for this game, be really careful out there!

• edited April 2020

Well this is going to be fun. I feel bad for the fans being spoiled. But, I can understand why this is happening. I mean look at this

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/359527/Crunching_devs_share_the_human_cost_of_development_at_Naughty_Dog.php

Also this here too. I mean it was starting to built up more and more. The hatred of Naughty Dog. It is sad tbh to see a other company become what Bethesda turn out to become.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/sony-playstation-naughty-dog-sexual-harassment-2017-10?amp

So far idk if these are connected. But,who TF knows anymore. We found out that hardship of crunching from bioware devs and now this...so they did say they wanted to make sure Anthem didn't succeed. After all that was form of revenge

MASSIVE The Last of Us 2 spoilers are now online. If you care about being spoiled for this game, be really careful out there!

• Why is this year soo bad? There has been nothing but shit and we didn't even get through the first half of the year yet. The coronavirus is overtaking the whole world, one of my high school classmates passed away due to cancer, Resident Evil 3 didn't live up to all of my expectations and now this? I really don't feel like I belong in this new decade.

Well this is going to be fun. I feel bad for the fans being spoiled. But, I can understand why this is happening. I mean look at this htt

• edited April 2020

I am sorry to hear that,man. Still Cyberpunk 2077 is coming out with new things and rumor has it that they will show new gameplay this year before releasing it this September.

Also sorry to hear your friend dying from Cancer. That is painful and one of my friend's gf died a couple of months ago and she feels like shit now. I told her that everything will be okay. Hopefully things get better for her and she has her family still. Just be hopefully,man.

AronDracula posted: »

Why is this year soo bad? There has been nothing but shit and we didn't even get through the first half of the year yet. The coronavirus is

• Still Cyberpunk 2077 is coming out with new things and rumor has it that they will show new gameplay this year before releasing it this September.

I'm not sure if I'll buy Cyberpunk 2077. I have lost interest in open world games and I still couldn't finish Witcher 3. I think I'll buy it at some point, just not anytime soon. I just hope it doesn't bore me. The Last of Us 2 was gonna be the last game that I was going to buy this year but after all these scary news, I'm not sure anymore.

Also sorry to hear your friend dying from Cancer.

We weren't really friends. We were just classmates, regularly. But we did play volleyball together alone in the gym class once. It was fun. I donated for her and hoped she would win the battle but in the end, no such luck. I can't imagine how devastated her boyfriend (Who was also one of my classmates) feels right now. I hope that things will get better for her family. Also, I'm sorry for your loss, too.

• Also, I'm sorry for your loss, too.

Thanks,man.

I'm not sure if I'll buy Cyberpunk 2077. I have lost interest in open world games and I still couldn't finish Witcher 3. I think I'll buy it at some point, just not anytime soon. I just hope it doesn't bore me

Pretty much what most ppl will want also when they play or get Cyberpunk 2077. I trust CD project Red and they may good games and I already pre-order the game already before all of this three or four months ago. I can't wait to play it. Also it does suck The Last Of Us 2 fans who wanted to play this game and now are getting either spoiled or probably hearing scary ass news about what Naughty Dog has been doing lately.

AronDracula posted: »

Still Cyberpunk 2077 is coming out with new things and rumor has it that they will show new gameplay this year before releasing it this Sept

• edited April 2020

Aw man, what?!
    How do we know this? Who tf leaked spoilers when the original release is a month away? A disgruntled dev?

• edited April 2020

From what I am seeing on online and Twitter. Pretty much a Dev got really really pissed off over working conditions and was probably layed off and he/she(cause I don't who who TF it is)went on online not to just leak out spoilers, but, the ENTIRE gameplay and cutscenes and ending.

Also updated here. Ppl are pissed off over a menu screen right now. They said "This is reason they delayed the game this much?!?"

And the other one said "That's what happens when you delay more than one time. They really treat their staff like shit."

AChicken posted: »

Aw man, what?! How do we know this? Who tf leaked spoilers when the original release is a month away? A disgruntled dev?

• edited April 2020

o no

(then it seems like someone is trying to force Naughty Dog's hand. Revenge for poor working conditions, crunch, and causing an even bigger uproar with the fans... since now that there's most spoilers out there, waiting to release TLOU 2 only makes the likelihood for spoilers to spread way more, uh, likely.)

From what I am seeing on online and Twitter. Pretty much a Dev got really really pissed off over working conditions and was probably layed o

Sign in to comment in this discussion.