The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Hello everyone after I got this recommendation it feels good to be back.

• edited September 2020

I started full time work in a veterinary hospital as a vet assistant after a year of working kennel in another hospital. I’m 3 (about to be 4) days in, I’ve worked 33 hours, and I’ve already assisted in a euthanasia (terminally ill dog), drawn up blood from the resulting cadaver, force fed a dog 2 bottles of activated charcoal because it ate rat poison, and my feet really hurt.

I’d say it’s going pretty good.

• BichPleaseBichPlease Banned
    edited September 2020

Guys, if you ever feel you are getting insanely smart for no reason. It is called gaslighting for a reason. You have to find a way to remove the fuel. I found it through physical exhaustion.

• I just finished reading 'The Killing Joke' and I came to a very surprising realization.

The joke that Joker told Batman at the end of the graphic novel was symbolic. It was Joker's response to Batman's offer of help towards Joker. The joke involves two men who are alike in an asylum. This made me think about how Batman and Joker are almost the same characters except they both went their separate paths.

• edited September 2020

Not surprising at all. Ubisoft doesn't have a good reputation these days. I loved this game as a kid but I have no expectations from this remake. If it turns good, I'll wait for a complete edition.

EDIT: Never-fucking-mind!! I have seen the trailers and the game LOOKS LIKE SHIT!!! The graphics are sooo PS3-ish. Fuck you, Ubisoft. Just look at this video

AChicken posted: »

Okay, so Ubisoft announced a Remake of the iconic Prince of Persia: Sands of Time game. That's awesome, I'd love to re-experience this game

• My iPads acting up every time it’s fully charge keeps giving me 5% of battery life?

Looks like I need a new iPad.

• It's just Apple's way of saying they want more money.

My iPads acting up every time it’s fully charge keeps giving me 5% of battery life? Looks like I need a new iPad.

• Pick your timeline:

Tales from the Borderlands Re-released with bonus content by AdHoc Studio

Tales from the Borderlands Re-release with bonus content made by Gearbox

Which one shall we be graced with today?

• I don’t feel like we’re getting either, only 45 minutes left. BL3 next gen and DLC skill trees already got leaked an hour ago. Risk of rain 2 and godfall need time.

I’m used to disappointment from gearbox after they lied about there being unrevealed returning characters in BL3, only for there to be none, and for them overhyping all the DLCs, where in my opinion only Handsome Jackpot was good.

Poogers555 posted: »

Pick your timeline: Tales from the Borderlands Re-released with bonus content by AdHoc Studio Tales from the Borderlands Re-release with bonus content made by Gearbox Which one shall we be graced with today?

• Hey Guys. Sorry it I haven't been chatting lately. Been working out for sometime at the gym...and DAMN. Do I love it. I missed it sooo much. Also I heard ME trilogy is getting remastered or something? Either way. I hope that we get to experience what a great franchise that game was tbh. But,with EA still controlling BioWare? You know it never will be the same anymore.

I hope everyone is doing well and stay strong everyone.

• What programming do u do at gym? Ive been doing a 5.5 day/week PPL for years now and want to switch it up.

strwar3 posted: »

Hey Guys. Sorry it I haven't been chatting lately. Been working out for sometime at the gym...and DAMN. Do I love it. I missed it sooo much.

• edited September 2020

I definitely go to the gym 4 days a week. But, sometimes I switch it up a bit to 7 days a week to 4 or 5 days a week.

I go on the threadmill like twice a week and I do leg press with 4 or 5 sets of 45 pounds a day or two. Then I do weights with 35 by doing bench press 40 or more like 50 or 60 times. Sometimes I do 40. But,I can only go 30 times that is for three times a week along with the threadmill if I want. Then, I mix a little by little by going to the gym back and forth like 4 or 6 days in a week. Yuppp that's my gym time. I put stay there for 2.5 hours/3.5 hrs.

So keep it up 👍

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

What programming do u do at gym? Ive been doing a 5.5 day/week PPL for years now and want to switch it up.

• edited September 2020

Took me 2 weeks to make this video. You never asked for this but you definitely needed it.

• Interesting news. The HBO MAX animated series Close Enough (created by the guy behind Regular Show) has been picked up by Netflix for International distribution.
    I noticed this thing on N's upcoming additions tab. Close Enough is also being branded as a "Netflix Series", despite the fact that its original home is in the USA on HBO. Weird.

• I didn't know where else to post this but in case some of you haven't seen it here's the new video of ColdBlood

Definitely recommend watching this if you're (still) a fan it's interesting.

• I'm very envious of the PlayStation and PC users who are capable of playing Fall Guys, it looks to be so much fun

• Jarvis, what am I looking at?

hmm

• Bruh, I've never been so pissed at food. Legit ate soup and now have food poisoning. lol

• edited September 2020

Twin Mirror is coming out December 1st and its looking really good ngl. Also they brought back Remember me's best mechanic! Okay now I'm really looking forward to this.

• Ahh now this looks more interesting and tense than the trailers from 2 years ago!

Voice acting for the main guy just doesn't sound right, IMO, but the visuals of solving the mysteries looks great.
    (Never played Remember Me, but I thought that memory-solving thing from pre-release stuff looked good. Too bad the game is apparently a linear nightmare, and those memory sequences were changed by launch.)

Twin Mirror is coming out December 1st and its looking really good ngl. Also they brought back Remember me's best mechanic! Okay now I'm really looking forward to this.

• When people tend to think of the best golf courses in the world, one usually tends to think of places like Augusta National in Georgia, or Pebble Beach in California, or St. Andrews in Scotland. However, the course constantly ranked as Number 1 in the US, and sometimes Number 1 in entire world, is actually in a small little town in New Jersey (and when I say small, I mean 20 people live in the entire town), and is only about 40 minutes from where I live. The course: Pine Valley Golf Club.

Unfortunately, it is incredibly exclusive, and membership is a closely kept secret with only a few members actually known. Hell, even for a guest to come and play, they have to be invited and accompanied by a member the entire time they are on the premises, and membership is by invitation only.

I was down in the area today, getting some final paperwork done for my new car, and I wanted to see it for myself (or at least close enough where I wouldn't get yelled at). The entrance is not what you would expect for a premier golf course, it's at the end of a dead end road, across train tracks, and a small little guard shack leads up to the clubhouse. I didn't get to see much, but I was able to see a few holes through the trees, and it looks absolutely stunning. To play this course would be a dream come true for me. It will most likely never happen, but if I was ever given the opportunity, I would take it in a heart beat.

• He seems happy

hmm

• anyone else feel like this forums activity went down a ton over past 2 weeks? Must be school starting again I guess

• edited September 2020

Or there's simply nothing to talk about, especially telltale games-wise.

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

anyone else feel like this forums activity went down a ton over past 2 weeks? Must be school starting again I guess

• I've been checking in on certain Tumblr accounts for the past month or so checking out certain people/creator's opinions, assessments, and general thoughts on things. So upon realizing you can ask questions without having an account, I did so and thought about what other people I could visit to talk to. My mind trailer back to TWDG and as a result, I decided to check up on the author of Young and Young at Heart(which I still have yet to read) to see what they've been up to if anything and ask for their thoughts on certain things.

Doing so led to a blank feeling on both accounts.

Not only do they not seem to take asks as far as I can tell, but it's like stepping into this weird abyss in time where little has progress. The blog is still active and it's received posts to this very month, but the majority of them are just reblogs of Sarah fanart and they have next to no acknowledgement of almost anything that came after besides revisiting the glassdoor reviews knowing about Bruner and showing the Twitter reply about how female character models were designed.

It's like little to nothing has changed since...well, the period after Walking Dead ANF ended and again they don't really mention it or even something like Lilly's return in TFS. As if I hadn't already been feeling bad about my time then, this seemed to hammer in how fruitless having been into it can feel.

• And just in general discussion here has been kinda this way for a while anyway. Which is pretty expected.

Or there's simply nothing to talk about, especially telltale games-wise.

• I got a new editing software which seems to be better than the one that I used to make videos out of.

• I'm suprised not alot of people are talking about this on here, but...

The trailer for 'The Mandalorian' season 2 just got dropped by Disney. And it looks promising...

• I very much enjoyed the first season so I'm excited for the continuing adventures of Mando and the Child!

Neat to see an actual boat in Star Wars. Big Deadliest Catch vibes. Also I'm almost certain that ice planet they're on in 1:21 is Ilum from Clone Wars.

I'm suprised not alot of people are talking about this on here, but... The trailer for 'The Mandalorian' season 2 just got dropped by Disney. And it looks promising...

• edited September 2020

Looks like Telltale is posting more job openings. I forget if they already had a listing for a gameplay programmer, but Google says one opened up 19 hours ago and it’s on the Careers page.

• edited September 2020

They should probably update their career section seeing how it seems a tech artist was hired a while ago now and so was a gameplay programmer. Seems they now want a second gameplay programmer and not another tech artist yet tech artist remains active. (This was posted 19 hours ago so Im assuming theyll update the site soon-ish)

But thats kinda just a gripe I have about all job listings for any job- please update your career sites and job listings after someone filled the position.

booper posted: »

Looks like Telltale is posting more job openings. I forget if they already had a listing for a gameplay programmer, but Google says one opened up 19 hours ago and it’s on the Careers page.

• Oooo. Am I late, or has telltale just recently gotten the license for tales of monkey island back? Just saw it in the games category.

• Well, I got help. But first spent 5 days in a psychiatric hospital. Now I have a new prescription and a new look on life. So, what's up?

• Glad to hear you're getting the help you need. Happy for ya, that was a worrying time on the forum.

BichPlease posted: »

Well, I got help. But first spent 5 days in a psychiatric hospital. Now I have a new prescription and a new look on life. So, what's up?

• The new Harry Potter game... oh how bittersweet. Really don't want to give any portion of my money to that woman, yet I've been wanting something like this for years.

• edited September 2020

Spider-Man Miles Morales is also coming to PS4 WTF

Insomniac Blog Post

We’re also excited today to reveal that Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales will be arriving on both PS5 and PS4.

Yes, that’s right, we know that some of you may transition to PS5 at different times, which it was why it was important to us to release the latest title in the Marvel’s Spider-Man universe on both consoles.

They're also working on remastering the original PS4 Spider-Man. And "not a simple up-res".
    They're even including three more suits with that edition. Holy moly.

On PS5, we are announcing an Ultimate Edition that includes a voucher code* for Marvel’s Spider-Man: Remastered. You’ll be able to experience the complete storyline up to this point, which includes the remaster of the original game and all three installments of the Marvel’s Spider-Man: The City That Never Sleeps DLC so you can play the full narrative arc.

...Lastly we’re adding three amazing new Spider-Man suits, new photo mode features, and even new trophies for those of you looking to Platinum the game all over again.

• Well, time for a revisit.

AChicken posted: »

Spider-Man Miles Morales is also coming to PS4 WTF Insomniac Blog Post We’re also excited today to reveal that Marvel’s Spider-Man:

Sign in to comment in this discussion.