The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• edited September 2020

Same dude. Same.

(I mean, there's other ways I'm sure... But with this I'd rather do it legally.)

AronDracula posted: »

I want to watch The Legend of Korra but Netflix is an idiot for not letting other countries binge it.

• Might not necessarily be Netflix, but other parties, contracts, laws, regulations, and distributors that are preventing them from having it. I honestly don't know. For the longest time, Canada had Avatar, but not Korra, while the States had neither. Now, the States have both but Canada still doesn't have Korra. It's a complicated process and goes through numerous channels before it gets final approval.

You can always watch The Dragon Prince. While Korra is the true successor to Avatar, TDP is like a spiritual successor since it was co-created by the former head writer of Avatar, along with one of the co-directors of Uncharted 3. And it's got plenty of Avatar references.

I want to watch The Legend of Korra but Netflix is an idiot for not letting other countries binge it.

• You can always watch The Dragon Prince.

Ayy back at it again with that Dragon Prince plug. Don't change, Metallica.

(And you're gonna say "yes! watch it!" and I will... I'm just gonna finish She-Ra first. And I'm in the middle of S3.)

Might not necessarily be Netflix, but other parties, contracts, laws, regulations, and distributors that are preventing them from having it.

• edited September 2020

It's a force of habit. Fans have been plugging it to try and get the entire saga confirmed. Now that it has, I don't know what to do. Old habits die hard I guess. That and I think it's a good show and I'm dying for content since it's been almost a year since the last season and no release for S4 has been announced. I would talk about other shows, but I really just don't watch that much TV anymore.

If people want, I can just go back to endlessly shitting on Life is Strange.

AChicken posted: »

You can always watch The Dragon Prince. Ayy back at it again with that Dragon Prince plug. Don't change, Metallica. (And you're gonna say "yes! watch it!" and I will... I'm just gonna finish She-Ra first. And I'm in the middle of S3.)

• If people want, I can just go back to endlessly shitting on Life is Strange.

Pls continue shitting on LIS. Lol I don't like the franchise and I want it to just end. Also I been hitting the gym like crazy AF. I mean it is good to feel like badass machine. Also? I hope everyone of you guys are okay.

Also on that note on games. Cyberpunk 2077 is almost here...I WANT IT!!! I am definitely playing the Corpo playthrough first

It's a force of habit. Fans have been plugging it to try and get the entire saga confirmed. Now that it has, I don't know what to do. Old ha

• I mean, if you don't like it, just avoid anything to do with it, it has its audience that enjoys the content, if it isn't for you, then it's not for you, but it's for many people, myself included. There's no need to lose sleep over its existence.

I get that you and @MetallicaRules may not enjoy it, but there's very little reason to continuously state that, play the games that make you happy, if there's something out there that isn't for you, giving it grief isn't going to change that for either of you. I get it's an expression of opinion, but is there really a need to intentionally put it down? Not really, it doesn't meet your specific tastes but does the job for others who enjoy that form of content.

You mentioned you are looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077, I hope you enjoy that, you appear excited about it, and I wish you the best with it, and good to hear you've been going to the gym, keep up the hard work, and hope you are continuing to stay well yourself

strwar3 posted: »

If people want, I can just go back to endlessly shitting on Life is Strange. Pls continue shitting on LIS. Lol I don't like the fran

• Beat Psychonauts. Good game, big recommend.

• Oh I am more than content with letting others enjoy it. If you do, fantastic, I didn't, and that's okay. I meant that as more of a joke since, other than my infatuation with a particular heavy metal band, criticizing LiS is pretty much the only thing I'm known for on this forum. We should both be free to say what we like or don't like about the game though should the conversational topic call for it. But like I said, I mainly meant it as a joke.

I mean, if you don't like it, just avoid anything to do with it, it has its audience that enjoys the content, if it isn't for you, then it's

• I don't even know yet which route I'll do, but considering that it looks like a game I will put hours of time into, I can see myself doing at least one of every route.

If people want, I can just go back to endlessly shitting on Life is Strange. Pls continue shitting on LIS. Lol I don't like the fran

• I'm just gonna finish She-Ra first. And I'm in the middle of S3.

Eyyy. What do you think of it so far?

You can always watch The Dragon Prince. Ayy back at it again with that Dragon Prince plug. Don't change, Metallica. (And you're gonna say "yes! watch it!" and I will... I'm just gonna finish She-Ra first. And I'm in the middle of S3.)

• All good lad, I get it isn't for everyone, and I appreciate you being civil about it, telling someone to use their energy on enjoying games they like rather than focus on a game they dislike doesn't tend to sit well with peeps online.

I wouldn't say that is all you're known for on here, from what I've seen, you do present fair arguments, we don't see eye to eye on some topics, which is absolutely fine, we're different people with different ideas.

Hope you and your loved ones stay safe and well :smile:

Oh I am more than content with letting others enjoy it. If you do, fantastic, I didn't, and that's okay. I meant that as more of a joke sinc

• telling someone to use their energy on enjoying games they like rather than focus on a game they dislike doesn't tend to sit well with peeps online.

All good lad, I get it isn't for everyone, and I appreciate you being civil about it, telling someone to use their energy on enjoying games

• :joy: Haha their responses are just as dramatic as that, really an overreaction on their end, I suppose it may be due to being in conversation with a full-fledged tool like myself :joy:

lupinb0y posted: »

telling someone to use their energy on enjoying games they like rather than focus on a game they dislike doesn't tend to sit well with peeps online.

• edited September 2020

Drops three 10 second videos into Premiere:

Premiere:

• edited September 2020

It is understandable to that some ppl like that LIS game and others don't. But,still I hope you doing okay and also are you going to play Corpo or just go with Street kid? I mean Corpo has it's interesting story so far. From what I heard from ppl who said what the game will have. It is best to decide which route to take into the game.

I think it will be awesome game either way. No matter which lifepath you take tbh. This is a game made CDPR after all.

I don't even know yet which route I'll do, but considering that it looks like a game I will put hours of time into, I can see myself doing at least one of every route.

• edited September 2020

You mentioned you are looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077, I hope you enjoy that, you appear excited about it, and I wish you the best with it, and good to hear you've been going to the gym, keep up the hard work, and hope you are continuing to stay well yourself

Same to you too. Stay safe and also are playing Cyberpunk 2077 or just waiting for a game to play?

Also stay safe out there too.

I mean, if you don't like it, just avoid anything to do with it, it has its audience that enjoys the content, if it isn't for you, then it's

• Ah yes:

dojo32161 posted: »

Beat Psychonauts. Good game, big recommend.

• Aye, I think I'll give it a go, I'm not caught up with the existing lore or material they've released to give players a background of the gangs and areas within the city, but I'll get to that at a time where I'll be able to purchase it.

Me being an Xbox user, it's great that it'll be available on next-gen via Smart Delivery, they would have made millions had they charged full price for the next-gen version, but it was really pro-consumer to enable access to the Xbox Series X port for no extra charge. If memory serves correctly, CD PROJEKT RED also announced The Witcher 3 will be on next gen and at no extra charge for existing owners of the game, so they've been nailing it lately

You mentioned you are looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077, I hope you enjoy that, you appear excited about it, and I wish you the best with it

• What if

What if

• edited September 2020

THE RETURN OF TELLTALE.

Sort of. At least it's new-ish social media content!

Also featured in the description:

JOIN THE TELLTALE COMMUNITY
    *Twitter [link]

(... and that's it. Huge missed opportunity to link to the actual Telltale Community.)

• Well, that came out of nowhere.

THE RETURN OF TELLTALE. Sort of. At least it's new-ish social media content! Also featured in the description: JOIN THE TELL

• Like Batman himself! Perfect! :grin:

dojo32161 posted: »

Well, that came out of nowhere.

• Huh, this is uh... interesting? Kind of a strange video to randomly post out of no where like this and not sure if it is really the best ad for Telltale's Batman. Really interesting to see they are doing something but this is a bit odd. (Based on the title I was kinda thinking it might have been some interview thing but that wouldn't really make sense given the circumstances.)

THE RETURN OF TELLTALE. Sort of. At least it's new-ish social media content! Also featured in the description: JOIN THE TELL

• Weird outta nowhere video, but it gives me hope that they'll do a third season eventually.

• (Based on the title I was kinda thinking it might have been some interview thing

Same here, I was pretty underwhelmed that I was just a "Hey newbies, do you like Batman? Do you like Telltale? Then let me sell you on Telltale's Batman in 10 minutes or less."
    It's good to know that the company is still alive and kicking, in some form, but this was just some standard promotion of their old licenses again. I'm still hoping this new version of Telltale eventually has a bit more transparency about its inner workings, though. Would be nice to know which prominent alumni are there, what their new work ethic is bringing, or just some behind-the-scenes on the process of development. Maybe once Wolf 2 is out and Telltale is back in the spotlight for a bit...

gives me hope that they'll do a third season eventually.

Yeah, in hindsight it's weird to be promoting your 3 and 4-year-old games once again, but the fact that they're capitalizing on people's interest in Batman and getting the word out that Telltale is still alive, it's got me hopeful that they might actually use these purchased licenses in the future for something new, instead of just promoting the old stuff for a bit more cash.

Poogers555 posted: »

Huh, this is uh... interesting? Kind of a strange video to randomly post out of no where like this and not sure if it is really the best ad

• Tales from the Borderlands: A Telltale Game Series [2014 - 2015]

• Okay Telltale. What a weird random video.

And yes, some advertisement to the forums would be nice. This place is sadly pretty much dead these days.

• To be honest the forums are a huge unkempt mess. I wouldn't want to advertise it either until it's all fixed :sweat_smile:

Pipas posted: »

Okay Telltale. What a weird random video. And yes, some advertisement to the forums would be nice. This place is sadly pretty much dead these days.

• Fair enough. I just want them to acknowledge us here a bit. 😭

To be honest the forums are a huge unkempt mess. I wouldn't want to advertise it either until it's all fixed

• edited September 2020

The coolest moment of my life happened yesterday. A brush with a celebrity.

I was on a zoom call seminar with Pierce Brosnan!! Yes! 007 himself! Thanks, school!

I call it a seminar, but it was really just Pierce talking to us about his life experiences and answering a few questions about acting and such at the end.
    What an amazing opportunity! The heads of the Arts program at my college must have got in touch with a teacher at another school, asked her if she knew any experienced actors to lead a seminar and lo and behold they worked with Pierce Brosnan in the past! Apparently they worked together soon after Pierce finished his studies and got roles in various plays, and they've retained a pretty good friendship over the years.
    Members of my Theatre program, the Acting for Media program and a few other faculty were in the room and thrilled to be hearing from this legend. There's some other seminars booked, but we've been warned that they don't have that many "superstars as big as Brosnan" up their sleeves. Ah well, this was a cool starter.

Overall, absolutely damn cool to hear about Pierce's own struggles in his early career (he absolutely hated auditions: the stress and anger of being rejected was annoying).

Most hilarious moment had to be a pretty relatable yet big flex moment when 15 minutes into the call, Pierce's computer died. The organizer quickly found out that he had to run to his second house next door because he forgot his charger. That's too hilarious. Don't you hate it when you forget your computer charger in your second house??!.

So yeah. I'm serious. This actually happened. aaahhhh :astonished:

• The new Telltale hasn't been doing a great job at promotion.

And this isn't a great job at promotion.

I hope they do better when TWAU2 comes out, but really, they probably ought to be starting now. And hire someone who can generate some excitement!

• I played and finished Resident Evil 5, the last main game of the franchise that I never played. And you know what, I am blown away for how actually GOOD it is. This game is an example of "Don't judge a book by its cover". All I heard from the fans is that this game has bad controls and terrible AI partner. That is why I decided to have this game be the last main RE one that I play.

I absolutely had no such problems as those mentioned. I played this game on PS4 so I'm not sure what to say about the other platform versions. Sheva is actually pretty useful and didn't act like a damsel in distress. I had her carry all the healing items throughout the whole game and she knew exactly when I needed help. The controls aren't bad at all. In fact, they were much better than the ones from RE4. Although I would say that RE5 inventory was much worse than the RE4 one. It does seem obvious that this game tried so hard to be an RE4 copy. And you know what? I personally don't care and I dare to say that this game was better than RE4. I do think that RE4 is like a better made game and had a horror atmosphere like the original trilogy. But I think RE5 had better pacing, the challenge was more balanced and Wesker was a much better villain than Lord Saddler. The only downside of the game for me is some of the bosses took way too long to defeat them, like the Uroboros Squid thing in the lab. I have no regrets using a rocket launcher because it's just like the Salazar boss fight. Also, the story wasn't anything special, it's not bad but there is some stuff that bothers me.

• edited September 2020

Oof.

Just... just oof.

• CD Projekt Red has ordered employees to work 6-day weeks until the launch of Cyberpunk 2077.

Will this get as much backlash and criticism as when Naughty Dog got accused of crunch? Ha, no. I'd be surprised if it did, unfortunately.

• edited September 2020

Will this get as much backlash and criticism as when Naughty Dog got accused of crunch?

Absolutely not.

CD Projekt Red has ordered employees to work 6-day weeks until the launch of Cyberpunk 2077. https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/131

• EXCUSE MEEE!!!!!???????

• edited September 2020

Really not sure why they wanted to change the face. Kinda reminds me of Catwoman in Batman 2 where she looks like a complete different person. Even though its far from a bad model, I dont understand why they bothered changing it. (Apparently they claim its because it better fits the actors facial performance but uh... was there ever a problem with it before? Honestly wouldnt be that suprised if when the Avengers game reveals Spider-Man for Playstation it uses the same face or something because this is such a weird change.)

EXCUSE MEEE!!!!!???????

• It's gonna take me a while to get used to the new face but I cannot recall anyone complaining about Peter's face. A lot of cool features to add in the game and they decided to fix something that wasn't broken to begin with. They need to answer this question immediately.

Poogers555 posted: »

Really not sure why they wanted to change the face. Kinda reminds me of Catwoman in Batman 2 where she looks like a complete different perso

• Well they did answer it, like I said, they said it was because they think the new face works better with the facial capture. Its just weird because I dont think a single person thought Peter's facial capture was bad.

It's gonna take me a while to get used to the new face but I cannot recall anyone complaining about Peter's face. A lot of cool features to

• He's looking more like Tom Holland, to be honest.
    I don't know... The old face did have a bit of an uncanny edge to it, but it looks like they redid his face and aged him down a few years. The old one was fine.

Now I feel sad for the original Face Model for Peter. It's like they decided "hey, remember when we hired you to be the face of our new Spider-Man? Yeah, you don't look like him anymore."

EXCUSE MEEE!!!!!???????

Sign in to comment in this discussion.