The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• edited October 2020

Question: You remember how Telltale had an official website for TWDG, which included character profiles like Duck being called the opposite of Clementine? What happened to that and did they do any for other games?

EDIT: What in the world... :scream:
    https://www.semanticscholar.org/paper/“Growing-Up-in-a-World-Like-This”%3A-Interpretations-Bell/4a0413feb2660f8e89fb1aa99a550607b54cabac

• god reading this paper was like a blast from the past or something,you were mentioned in it a few times and @AronDracula as well lol the paper also talked about a mod called Darth Marsden that i've never seen mentioned anywhere else,he probably wasn't around much and then eventually left.

DabigRG posted: »

Question: You remember how Telltale had an official website for TWDG, which included character profiles like Duck being called the opposite

• It was kinda unsettling to see something like that come up

Can't say I recall Marsden either, but then the mods can come and go whenever. I recall a few I never heard of popping up when Telltale closed down

iFoRias posted: »

god reading this paper was like a blast from the past or something,you were mentioned in it a few times and @AronDracula as well lol the pap

• edited October 2020

I skimmed through the paper and HOOF.

It's pretty interesting, but I was not expecting any of that. I vaguely remember some of that stuff and I felt weirded out then. Being reminded of them now just makes me go;

Fuck me, I remember some of those "hot takes" and how bad they got.

Question: You remember how Telltale had an official website for TWDG, which included character profiles like Duck being called the opposite

• I mean, I get why people are mad. We're already used to the old face. While the new face does look great, it's a really drastic change and doesn't really fit the age of the character. New Peter, who is in his early 20's, looks younger than Miles, who is 15.

Obviously the people going overboard with their temper tantrum need to shut that shit down.

I think it's just pathetic like the PS4 face looks good, but the PS5 one is undoubtedly better, in the end, it's Insomniac's own creative wo

• Yeah that's it, at this point, the PS4 face was who most people identified as Peter, but personally I think those complaining about it are just wasting their time, the new face will be making the most of next-gen improvements, so eventually I think people will come around when they play the PS5 version

lupinb0y posted: »

I mean, I get why people are mad. We're already used to the old face. While the new face does look great, it's a really drastic change and d

• So I'm trying to experiment with accessing locked Draft data and accidentally deleted some Concept art I had stored. Fuck.
    Here's the general code format in case it can be reversed
    https://community.telltale.com/vanilla/drafts/delete/64264/J89m4UrDNwfSouDi?Target=drafts

• 2020, just stop already. You crossed a line with Neil Peart, now you just took Eddie Van Halen. I swear if you take one of the members of Metallica, someone is getting stabbed. I make no apologies.

RIP Eddie

• I bought Persona 5 at a very small price and if I'm being honest, I am impressed by its quality. This is coming from a non-Anime fan.

• edited October 2020

It's a spooky month, so I figured I'd play a spooky game. I chose Alien: Isolation. I've played it before, and it's something I really loved despite being very scared by. That was about 3 years ago.

I also decided to stream my exploits this time so as to provide some sort of entertainment to anyone bored on the internet (I really don't usually do this), and so that I'm not exactly 'alone' in the being scared department.

Wow am I starting to regret my decisions here. :lol: They really need to re-title this game Anxiety: Isolation because I totally forgot how tense this game is, 100% of the time once the alien is introduced. But I'll push on for now, for the sake of spooks.

• That game is 6 yeas old and it's still has the best Artificial Intelligence ever made for game. Even better than today's games. I'll never not get used to Xenomorph's AI.

AChicken posted: »

It's a spooky month, so I figured I'd play a spooky game. I chose Alien: Isolation. I've played it before, and it's something I really loved

• edited October 2020

While the new face does look great, it's a really drastic change and doesn't really fit the age of the character. New Peter, who is in his early 20's, looks younger than Miles, who is 15.

Also i don't know why. But,I think gamers on PS4 and future PS5 fans are either not going to like or maybe they will like it. It depends if they will just let out their anger and just enjoy the game or still get pissed off over tom holland being a new for peter parker. I think it is in or the other.

lupinb0y posted: »

I mean, I get why people are mad. We're already used to the old face. While the new face does look great, it's a really drastic change and d

• Hey guys. I hope everyone is doing well and i hope you have amazing day at least. If anyone is feeling down or anything. Just stay strong and be safe and sometimes when i feel down. I listen to this music. It is weird. But,it helps sometimes. Always stay strong and always stay positive

• edited October 2020

No encounter is ever the same, and the game loves to pull cheap tricks to lure you into either a false sense of security or constant sense of dread, and I can't help but appreciate it for that.

Just a bit ago, I had to get to this one door down a hallway. I hid in a side room, waited for the Alien to pass by, then left and went the other way. Instantly crawled under the nearest bed -- and glad I did -- because that guy had the bright idea of turning right around at that moment. Best decision I made in my life.
    The alien then decided yeah, I'll hang out near the objective door for 3 minutes.

Ohhh man it's frustrating, heart-aching, but so fun. Real dissapointed it never got a sequel (or even met Sega's multi-million copies quota)

AronDracula posted: »

That game is 6 yeas old and it's still has the best Artificial Intelligence ever made for game. Even better than today's games. I'll never not get used to Xenomorph's AI.

• Eyeball.

Eyeball.

• Is that an eye?
    Are you really carrying an eye around in your pocket?
    That is so weird! Your carrying that around is the weirdest thing I have ever seen, and I have seen a lot of weird things!

Also what kind of cut content is this...? I don't remember Rhys being able to use the eyeball. It was Fiona that ripped it out. Hmmm

Poogers555 posted: »

Eyeball. Eyeball.

• Haha that sounds fun man, I have the Amnesia Collection on Xbox and I've been thinking of playing it with noise-cancelling headphones, I'm kind of dreading the thought of playing it but at the same time, there's some excitement as I find it would be funny. No streaming for me, I'd rather not have me crying in fear be released onto the internet :joy:

AChicken posted: »

It's a spooky month, so I figured I'd play a spooky game. I chose Alien: Isolation. I've played it before, and it's something I really loved

• Sounds like a good way to get you into anime!

I bought Persona 5 at a very small price and if I'm being honest, I am impressed by its quality. This is coming from a non-Anime fan.

• Spending spooky month by doing all my assignments. Nothing spookier than real world responsibilities.

• I got Super Mario All-Stars like a day after release and I'm still stuck on SM64... Can't say that's bad, honestly. It gives me something enjoyable to do.

• Fall Guys Season 2 is out, and theres some cool new stuff.

There's a new limited-time solo mode playlist, cutting out Team games.
    A bunch of maps had visual and colour updates, making them look more vibrant.
    While there's only a small handful of maps added at the start (not even a new final map) which kinda sucks, they said they'll add more over the course of the season, which is just what this game's release format needs.
    PS4 can finally play at 60fps which is fantastic.

The lack of new maps (there's only 4 added now) does have me worried for the game's longevity, since I burned out within a few weeks and only returned every now and then for a few fun matches. Seeing this reflected quite a bit in the recent new maps announcement too.
    Shame, since this is a damn good obstacle-course game that I don't remember hooking me or being so prominent like any other.

• Detective Conan's getting into a very exciting new arc and it's off to a great start.

• That's still running?
    Also, I see they're to talk about that Inuyasha sequel.

dojo32161 posted: »

Detective Conan's getting into a very exciting new arc and it's off to a great start.

• Yep, lot of old series that run for a long time, Hajime no Ippo's older and still going strong.

That's still running? Also, I see they're to talk about that Inuyasha sequel.

• That season 2 finale of The Boys though... Holy crap!...

• Don't know what that is, but okay One Piece.

dojo32161 posted: »

Yep, lot of old series that run for a long time, Hajime no Ippo's older and still going strong.

• I can do whatever I want

That season 2 finale of The Boys though... Holy crap!...

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited October 2020

It's an incredibly popular boxing manga. Also, everyone should read One Piece, it's absolutely fantastic. My favorite piece of media in existence.

Don't know what that is, but okay One Piece.

• edited October 2020

Oh geez, I'm sure he does 😅

Poogers555 posted: »

I can do whatever I want

• Why is this thread not getting highlighted anymore when new comments pop out? Did anyone else notice that?

• I noticed that, thought it was only on my end. Very strange.

Why is this thread not getting highlighted anymore when new comments pop out? Did anyone else notice that?

• I’m also getting that, seems like it’s just this thread though.

Why is this thread not getting highlighted anymore when new comments pop out? Did anyone else notice that?

• Yep been happening to me too for a while

• Just letting you know that this also happened to me.

• Guess it's a general bug 🐛 here

Ghetsis posted: »

Just letting you know that this also happened to me.

• I'm a fan of both Avatar and Soulsbourne, do not ask me why I made this video

• I noticed that too...

Telltale, please. Fix the site.

• Welp, as of today I can say that I got hit in the face with my little brother's pc mouse... I don't know what the fuck is wrong with me. lmfao

• Iy keeps making me think I've been signed out yet again even when I've not.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.