The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• I really don't want be mean against Domthebomb but hes seems to me like he is acting like a MrBossFTW. Anything that TWD mentions for Clementine, hes like "Clementine return confirmed" and will make a video over 10 minutes about it lol. Also I know he had Raid Shadow Legends as his sponsor in one of his videos which I'm surprised that he chose to use because I've heard it's one of the really bad or worst games on mobile.

• For any Dishonored fans on this forum, I want to know if there will be another Dishonored game or if Death of the Outsider is the last game in the franchise. Because I really enjoy the games and their lore.

• The franchise is currently on hiatus so that Arkane can work on other projects. There will more than likely be another Dishonored in the future considering the success of the series, but it won't be following Corvo or Emily since their story is done.

If you're itching to play a Dishonored-like game I'd suggest Prey (2017), another Arkane game which has a similar playstyle. It's not quite as fast in terms of gameplay but it has some similar power mechanics and the story is pretty great.

Menofthe214 posted: »

For any Dishonored fans on this forum, I want to know if there will be another Dishonored game or if Death of the Outsider is the last game in the franchise. Because I really enjoy the games and their lore.

• edited October 2020

Death of the Outsider was probably the last game dunno what else they could do really,they're making another game called Deathloop right now

For any Dishonored fans on this forum, I want to know if there will be another Dishonored game or if Death of the Outsider is the last game in the franchise. Because I really enjoy the games and their lore.

• I wouldnt be surprised if after Deathloop releases they make Dishonored 3, or at least start development as I wouldnt be surprised if Prey 2 is being made alongside Deathloop. I believe they said Dishonored was "done for now" after Death of the Outsider released.

Deathloop looks very Dishonored like though, kinda taking that concept of how to kill your targets per stage into the whole map where you need to complete all task within the amount of time, plus all the cool power ability stuff.

• I did it. I've completed all my assignments.

Finally I can rest, and watch the sunrise on a grateful universe.

• I feel like, and hope, there will be another game, but they already confirmed that Dishonored 2/DotO is the end of Corvo and Emily’s story. Any possible Dishonored 3 will be entirely separate from them. Nothing confirmed at the moment, and like others mentioned, Deathloop looks really good and similar to Dishonored in many regards.

• @lupinb0y To hearken back to our convo from earlier...

This was a recent tweet from Erik Todd Dellums, the VA behind Aaravos.

Yes, I know it's only a VA and not something from the actual writers or creators, but it's something. Might be 2021 after all.

• edited October 2020

This looks like a pretty well-animated action series!
    There's been a lot of hype for old Greek-Gods stories, lately hasn't there? (AC: Odyssey, Immortals: Fenix Rising, that Disney+ reboot of Percy Jackson)

Here's hoping -- if it's a show with potential -- it gets some traction on Netflix and doesn't fade into the streaming-based void.

• Hey, you guys want to hear a joke: The New York Jets.

I know it's not original, but my God, this team is a travesty. Every week it's a car wreck you're watching in real time, you feel bad, but you just can't look away. This might just be the worst run team in sports at the moment, and I'm just sitting here laughing my ass off.

• Welp, colour me surprised. Glad to be wrong though.

@lupinb0y To hearken back to our convo from earlier... (Spoiler)

• Some madman got Doom running on some Minecraft sheep.

• This is getting ridiculous. What's next? Real life?

...oh please no.

lupinb0y posted: »

Some madman got Doom running on some Minecraft sheep.

• Thanks, AChicken. I'm feeling much better now.

AChicken posted: »

Aw dang. Hope you feel better soon. I fell down some stairs a few days ago. Was about to walk down a flight, I stepped too far forward an

• Tales from the Borderlands really ended 5 years ago today, huh.

• And I still miss it dearly. 😔 Good times.

Poogers555 posted: »

Tales from the Borderlands really ended 5 years ago today, huh.

• What a coincidence. Life is Strange did too.

• edited October 2020

dOn second vault disregard my message.

• Good times. Good times.

• Used a new toothbrush and the bristles were super hard so when I finished brushing and spat out the gunk there was just foam and blood.

Thanks Colgate.

• U just reminded me that I forgot to brush my teeth today oof.

lupinb0y posted: »

Used a new toothbrush and the bristles were super hard so when I finished brushing and spat out the gunk there was just foam and blood. Thanks Colgate.

• edited October 2020

Tonight, I learned about shading (sort of), and I did it all myself. Light strokes, small pencil. Use more pressure when necessary.

And with that, I created this glorious contribution to the r/gaming community canvas in Reddit's site-wide Layer game.

(Upvote it here so it moves to the front of the canvas!)

• Screw it, I am coming back to it.

• Aw yeeaaaaa

Very excited but this definitely ain't comin' out in March.

• edited October 2020

Possible WWIII: Eh, no biggie.
    Kobe Bryant death: Tragedy, RIP, but doesn't really affect me.
    Worldwide pandemic shutting down every major economy: We'll get through this together.
    This:

NOW HOLD UP A GODDAMN SECOND!
    What in the butt-fucking Christ is this?! As if it could get any worse than Snoop Dogg covering a Metallica song (and yes, that did happen unfortunately), we're about to have an entire ALBUM from Hannah Montana? 2020 needs to fucking die!

Look, in all seriousness, I obviously can't stop her and, as an artist, she is free to do whatever she wants. Hell, Metallica themselves have certainly done some strange stuff in the past, like doing an album with Lou Reed. But I just cannot in anyway see this turning out good, much like Metallica doing an album with Lou Reed (and yes, again, that did happen unfortunately). This will unequivocally be a hard pass from me. But I swear, if you even touch "One" or "Master of Puppets" your soul is mine Miley.

• Hmm, I wonder for whom that wrecking ball tolls for.

Possible WWIII: Eh, no biggie. Kobe Bryant death: Tragedy, RIP, but doesn't really affect me. Worldwide pandemic shutting down every major

• I hate that I laughed at this.

AronDracula posted: »

Hmm, I wonder for whom that wrecking ball tolls for.

• This is honestly pretty cute and cool.

Nintendo localizing a previously Japan-only title. Cool.

• Now if only it wasn't a timed exclusive thing.

This is honestly pretty cute and cool. Nintendo localizing a previously Japan-only title. Cool.

• Hmmm I wonder, let’s just hope they don’t ruin clementines character.

• edited October 2020

It's happening. The Uncharted movie is shooting.

Personally, I think Holland still looks too young for the role (though that costume is perfect!) but once we get a teaser and see it in action, I might change my tune.

• He's supposed to be playing a young Nathan Drake so I think the look fits. Never watched or played the games but I've heard a lot of comparisons with a flashback scene from Uncharted 3 and I'd say he looks the part.

It's happening. The Uncharted movie is shooting. https://twitter.com/TomHolland1996/status/1319299253425049605 https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/1319262257335861254 (Spoiler)

• Crispy Creative, a Studio composed of Former Telltale and Obsidian Developers have released a trailer for their new IP: "A Long Journey to an Uncertain End"

According to a synopsis given by GameSpot:

In A Long Journey, you're a sentient spaceship, making you both the captain and the primary means of transportation for your crew. You're on the run, trying to remain one step ahead of the abusive ex that's trying to track you down. To do that, you'll need money, which means travelling around the galaxy to complete odd jobs.

As seen in the announcement trailer for A Long Journey, embedded above, taking a job doesn't guarantee success. You recruit your crew, each of whom brings their own distinct personality and set of skills to the table. But that means that when it's time for a job, you have to try and pick the most suitable folks for the task with who you have available. If things don't pan out, you'll have to rely on favors you've established or simply book it to the next gig. Regardless, your actions have consequences--even your crew can be affected by your decisions.

A Long Journey to an Uncertain End is scheduled to release for PC in 2021.

For anyone wanting the GameSpot link: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/former-obsidian-and-telltale-devs-release-trailer-for-new-game/1100-6483674/?UniqueID=6F1BD76A-1504-11EB-B0D1-51C3923C408C&ServiceType=twitter&PostType=link&ftag=ftag=GSS-05-10aab8e&TheTime=2020-10-23T07:50:35

• Please. No.

Hmmm I wonder, let’s just hope they don’t ruin clementines character.

• I dunno. His head or hair is bothering me.

It's happening. The Uncharted movie is shooting. https://twitter.com/TomHolland1996/status/1319299253425049605 https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/1319262257335861254 (Spoiler)

• :# I'd love to buy the sequel to Little Nightmares because the first was just so damn good, but euuugh I'm already dreading playing it if this new trailer is any indication.

Looks real good. But looks real spoopy.

• edited October 2020

Looks like they're going hard into the supernatural for this and it looks just as terrifying and uncomfortable as the first game, maybe even more so. It also looks like there'll be some form of "combat" against certain enemies which is neat. Very much looking forward to it!

I'd love to buy the sequel to Little Nightmares because the first was just so damn good, but euuugh I'm already dreading playing it if this new trailer is any indication. Looks real good. But looks real spoopy.

• There's a really awesome new filming technique that's hopefully set to replace green/blue-screen sets. It uses LED screens, and was notably used to great effect in the Mandalorian. Check this thing out, it's cool!!

• This is a bit weird of a thing to bring up, but I kinda wish New Telltale was doing a better job with their twitter.

Now, obviously they are in a situation where right now they dont need to have a super active Twitter account and I dont think they should be super active right now either. That said, I feel their activity is sometimes super weird.

I dont really get why they focus so much on Batman. Obviously, big IP and big name, but whenever they are active its basically just "Telltale's Joker was cool." But thing is its not even really to promote the game. No store links to Shadows Edition, no message saying like "Shadows Edition available!" It's kind of just randomly going "Telltale Joker!"

I'm mostly bringing this up because its so weird so many people simply don't know Telltale is back and making Wolf 2. There was waaay too many replies to their latest tweet seemingly completely clueless about the matter. I feel they should just focus their tweets to at least talk about Wolf more often, remind people that Wolf 2 is their current project. At the very least stylize the page around TWAU not Batman. (Though if they changed their header and profile pic to twau they'd kinda be shooting themselves in the foot as everyone would assume announcement soon, so I don't think I'd see them do that until we get an actual announcement.)

I'm not a social media account runner or community manager expert person and I'm not going to act like I know exactly what to do, but I do think they should really kinda chill with Batman for now. Really focus on making sure people actually know you're alive making Wolf 2 with some of these tweets because somehow people are seeing these tweets without knowing Wolf 2 is happening. (Which is crazy because I have no idea how you can reply to a Telltale tweet in 2020 and not know what is happening with the company but apparently its a lot.)

• edited October 2020

Look at gamstat and steamcharts.

Batman season 1 makes around 5-8 times the passive income that The Wolf Among Us does, on top of being a newer game and a more recognizable IP. In addition, with Shadows Edition and Season 2, there are potentially more strands of passive income for New Telltale.

They’re just coasting and are using Batman passive income to fund TWAU2 on top of investor money. Ain’t nobody buying RGX Showdown. (It literally has sold 0 copies on PlayStation the past month LOL)

This is a bit weird of a thing to bring up, but I kinda wish New Telltale was doing a better job with their twitter. Now, obviously they

Sign in to comment in this discussion.