The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Heard they’re using Volume for Thor: Love and Thunder as well

AChicken posted: »

There's a really awesome new filming technique that's hopefully set to replace green/blue-screen sets. It uses LED screens, and was notably used to great effect in the Mandalorian. Check this thing out, it's cool!!

• Thanks for directing me to Gamestat I never heard of it before. Wish it was more than just ps4 games though. Batman does seem to be bring in more passive revenue (which is expected as like you said seeing how it is newer and bigger name, but I think it is worth noting Batman 1 is technically free on PS4. Im not sure if Gamestat says people who downloaded episode 1 and didnt pay for the rest count as a sale but that seems pretty likely, which makes it harder to tell how much passive income they are actually making off season 1. Season 2 seems to bring in about 3x more passive than Wolf does though.)

Also Im not meaning to say "never post Batman!" but more so if they are going to post Batman, they should probably make it more of an ad for Batman. It would only help out. And the main reason I feel they should focus a bit more on Wolf (as in really just post about it more in general) is because the issue of people not knowing what the situation is at Telltale and Wolf 2. Like I said, no idea why so many people dont know but thats just how it is. Better to get people familiar with Wolf 2 and New Telltale now before when they finally start giving more info on the game, a bunch of hit pieces come out saying "Did you know New Telltale is actually bad?" as they try to market. Whenever Wolf 2 news drops, theres going to be negative articles and thats just how its gonna be. So personally I'd want to try and get as many people to understand the situation and whats happening before you're trying to market your game while a bunch of outlets say "dont get this game!"

Im hoping that because they are working with AdHoc Studio more outlets will figure out that yes, original staff members are working on this game, but realistically theres going to be a lot of negative articles. I mean even after Wolf 2 was revealed at the Game Awards IGN made that terrible video about it. Im not someone who goes on rants about Game Journalism as I feel almost all of it is greatly exaggerated, but wow that video was probably one of the worst pieces of journalism I think I ever saw, as it was mixing quotes from back in 2017 when Wolf 2 was announced as if it was part of the new information even though in reality it was very inaccurate.

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

Look at gamstat and steamcharts. Batman season 1 makes around 5-8 times the passive income that The Wolf Among Us does, on top of being a

• edited October 2020

Finally earned the last few achievements I was missing for TWD The Final Season, so I can safely say I have now "completed" every modern Telltale Game! Yay! (well, apart from The Collection and The Definitive Series. Haven't touched either of those (yet).)

Wolf 2 Anticipation Intensifies

Ah, and Poogs made a nice post about Wolf 2 up there. Well said, dude!

Like I said, no idea why so many people dont know but thats just how it is.

Welp, yeah, it is what it is.
    I think it's that Telltale's death was so big and widely-publicised, then a year later when it was announced they had been bought, I don't remember hearing as much about it.

While they did have that Wolf 2 teaser at the Game Awards last year, it was one of the final few of the night (and was quite short), so some people could have missed it. Plus, there wasn't really an indication that it was the big "Telltale Is Not Dead!!" announcement. Some people probably think an entirely different studio could be behind it, like how Skybound took over TWD. (Though the same can be asked as to why people think Telltale still have any ownership over TWD).

I think it's just because of a grand lack of publicity around Telltale's return. Doesn't help that Telltale have been playing the long quiet game in regards to where they're at with Wolf 2, as well. They came back, made a little texture pack for Batman TEW, then... went underground. An occasional random tweet bout Batman, but nothing else. (Really wish we could get an inkling as to what stage of development Wolf is at. Voice Acting done? The final draft of the script? What about the devs themselves, I wanna know more about who is on the new team! Right now, its just this long period of awkward silence. And while I doubt it would happen, it would really suck if they eventually come out of this pandemic having to close again. I know they've got their partners and other entities fueling the company's operations right now... But at what point will that not be feasible anymore?)

We'll see if public perception increases once they return to the spotlight with more details on Wolf.

I mean even after Wolf 2 was revealed at the Game Awards IGN made that terrible video about it.
    @Poogers555

I don't know if I want to see this... But I have to. Link?

• Gamstat has XBOX too, was updated a few weeks ago. Keep in mind Gamstat has PS4/3/Vita but only Has XBOX one and no 360. Also PS4 sales ran circles around XBOX sales.

Mentioning this because all XBOX numbers are lower than PS4 for almost every game

Poogers555 posted: »

Thanks for directing me to Gamestat I never heard of it before. Wish it was more than just ps4 games though. Batman does seem to be bring in

• There was actually 2 back when it was first revealed but they hid or deleted it. The first I remember being so inaccurate it was painful. This video mentions part of 2017 info that was given as if it were today. Not nearly as bad but it is still not correct. And also they fail to mention theres more people working on the game who worked on the original than they imply. (But the first one that was deleted was really something else. Basically it was reading the 2017 article in full as if it were today and iirc didnt mention AdHoc and said 0 Telltale alumni were involved.)

Ironically The Wolf Among Us 2 made a pretty big splash at the Game Awards and was considered one of the "bigger" announcements. But the thing is after it was announced if you didnt watch the awards you may not have found out if you weren't keeping up. A lot of Telltale fans and in turn fans of twau are a pretty casual audience. Revealing at the Game Awards was 100% the correct place to reveal the game, but the problem is if that casual audience wasnt aware that week, it easily could have slid under the radar for them. (Which is why I feel Telltale should try and rope them back in by every once in a while mentioning Wolf 2 is indeed a thing.)

Finally earned the last few achievements I was missing for TWD The Final Season, so I can safely say I have now "completed" every modern Tel

• edited October 2020

Ah, yeah, that video isn't that bad, but I'd hate to have heard the original if it was just a play-by-play of the whole 2017 controversy used as a spotlight on the new Telltale.

The guys here do mention AdHoc and Pierre Shorette being on the team, and of course we'd all want the original Wolf 2 team and all those laid off to come back to work for this new Telltale, but... C'mon it's not feasible at all to suddenly re-employ 600-700 employees. That's something I hope the media and general public can understand. It would be asking Jamie and Brian the impossible.

There was actually 2 back when it was first revealed but they hid or deleted it. The first I remember being so inaccurate it was painful. Th

• edited October 2020

And on more Uncharted movie stuff, here's Mark Wahlberg as Victor 'Goddamn' Sullivan. Okay, the hair & make-up department is damn good.
    Hopefully Mark can find the right voice/accent and not just be "Angry Mark Wahlberg". Or maybe that'll work, we'll see, I'll wait for some footage.

dear god thats a very large picture of marky mark

It's happening. The Uncharted movie is shooting. https://twitter.com/TomHolland1996/status/1319299253425049605 https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/1319262257335861254 (Spoiler)

• I started playing The Outer Worlds. I really enjoy the writing, the world, the characters and whatnot, but man does the gameplay feel like it came out in 2009. The movement and combat feel really dated, like it was stripped right out of New Vegas.

• edited October 2020

Rewatched Megamind, it's been soooo long since I watched it and it's even better than I remember, even though I remembered liking it before, too bad it was overshadowed by Despicable Me because I think Megamind is better than that movie and, wow, it's been almost 10 years since that movie came out.

• You guys should give this a watch. It told of alot of things about what social media is made to do that I never gave much mind to. Not that I will stop using youtube and reddit etc because of this, but it is good to know about this while I'm using these platforms.

Also It got me questioning why someone I knew, who just graduated with a psychology degree, all of a sudden stopped using facebook.

• Assassin's Creed is getting its own live-action Netflix Series:

Jason Altman and Danielle Kreinik, both of Ubisoft, are Executive Producers:

• Classic Ubisoft. Assassin's Creed is a name that doesn't put a smile on my face when it comes to new stuff about it.

Assassin's Creed is getting its own live-action Netflix Series: https://twitter.com/NetflixUK/status/1321081845468045312 Jason Altman

• I could never really get into Assassin's Creed, I liked the first one but the stealth sections were irritable. I have Origins sitting collecting dust, and haven't played it since I first got it a couple of years ago. The Ezio Collection is also chilling on my Xbox, but haven't touched it either

AronDracula posted: »

Classic Ubisoft. Assassin's Creed is a name that doesn't put a smile on my face when it comes to new stuff about it.

• edited October 2020

I managed to delete all the comments and replies that I made with my 7-year-old youtube account. Do you have any idea how much I cringed to my 3-7 years old comments? I got older and I feel different now and I don't want to remind myself how much of a fool I was when I was younger.

• Get hype to reread your current comments in seven years!

AronDracula posted: »

I managed to delete all the comments and replies that I made with my 7-year-old youtube account. Do you have any idea how much I cringed to

dojo32161 posted: »

Get hype to reread your current comments in seven years!

• edited October 2020

Cyberpunk 2077 has been delayed until December 10th, my heart goes out to the Dev Team...

According to Jason Schreier, the Dev Team learned of the delay as soon as the announcement was made, they had no heads up, they learned of its delay at the same time as we did.

• Well shit, here goes another potential GOTY contender of this year. I hope Ghost of Tsushima wins this year because Sucker Punch deserves it. They have been working on it for 6 years.

Cyberpunk 2077 has been delayed until December 10th, my heart goes out to the Dev Team... https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/132112

• Geez, my heart goes out to those devs. The fact that even they didn't get any heads up is really awful communication on the execs' or department heads' part.
    If the big problems they're trying to fix seem to have to do with the next-gen versions... I don't see why they couldn't just delay that one thing instead?

Here's hoping it's out by December, if not 2077 by the latest.

As Aron mentioned, this does push it out of many GOTY lists this year.

My hope is that it goes to another game that's been worked on for 6 years, too. I found that to be the most wow-inducing current-gen title of the year.
    You know the one...

Cyberpunk 2077 has been delayed until December 10th, my heart goes out to the Dev Team... https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/132112

• edited October 2020

2 nights ago a coyote showed up at my residents I was taking out the trash and my mother warned me there’s a coyote out by the dumpster.

Gladly I was checking the mail at the time.

And came back to check...unfortunately there are two openings so it could’ve went ether way.

• My hope is that it goes to another game that's been worked on for 6 years, too. I found that to be the most wow-inducing current-gen title of the year. You know the one...

Geez, my heart goes out to those devs. The fact that even they didn't get any heads up is really awful communication on the execs' or depart

• edited October 2020

My hope is that it goes to another game that's been worked on for 6 years, too. I found that to be the most wow-inducing current-gen title of the year.
    You know the one...

Geez, my heart goes out to those devs. The fact that even they didn't get any heads up is really awful communication on the execs' or depart

• edited October 2020

The delay is almost certainly because the game will be receiving a big day one patch at launch.

Also a 100 hour week. What the fuck.

• edited October 2020

On the topic of game of the year, I wonder what the nominees will even be? 2020 has been a bit of a weird year for gaming. The only 3 I can think of off the top of my head that I am 100% certain will be nominated are Last Of Us 2, Ghost of Tsushima, and Final Fantasy 7 Remake. (and Miles Morales might be assuming the quality is equal to Spider-Man 2018, and if it releases in time to be eligible. Also I wouldnt be surprised if Doom is nominated)

Basically I dont feel theres really been that many games released this year that you would usually see nominated for game of the year. So I'm pretty interested in what is nominated.

Also kinda tying into that is I wonder who will be nominated for Best Performer. I feel its pretty obvious Laura Bailey and Ashley Johnson will be nominated and Ashley wins but I wonder who else will be nominated.

Also for my own prediction, I dont think The Last Of Us 2 will win. I wouldnt mind if it does and right now I would say I think it probably should out of the others I have played that will most likely be nominated, but The Game Awards seem to kinda take it safe. So my bet is Neil Druckmann gets game direction and they'll go with a "safe" pick like Ghost of Tsushima to avoid """controversy."""

• edited October 2020

Also kinda tying into that is I wonder who will be nominated for Best Performer. I feel its pretty obvious Laura Bailey and Ashley Johnson will be nominated and Ashley wins but I wonder who else will be nominated.

I assume Daisuke Tsuji will be nominated for voicing Jin in Ghosts of Tsushima and I wouldn't be surprised if either of the main VA's in Assassin's Creed: Valhalla get nominated too, granted the game isn't out yet. Maybe Sandra Saad for Ms. Marvel too since a lot of people like her performance or someone from the Final Fantasy 7 Remake, though I'm unsure about the quality of the VA in that game.

Ashley Johnson is almost certainly taking the win though.

On the topic of game of the year, I wonder what the nominees will even be? 2020 has been a bit of a weird year for gaming. The only 3 I can

• I just don't want TLOU2 to win because it doesn't deserve it at all, especially over Ghost of Tsushima and Doom Eternal which didn't cause any sort of controversies and were made for gamers who wanted satisfaction from those games.

• I think Animal Crossing: New Horizons may be in the running for Game of The Year because of the impact it had earlier in the year, going beyond the regular video game player ecosystem and ending up in the hands of all kinds of people looking for a way to take their mind off the pandemic.

Fall Guys could even be in the running, as like it took off when it launched and to this day has sustained a sizeable audience. Apart from the two I mentioned, I agree with you in that the games you mentioned will be certain contenders.

On the topic of game of the year, I wonder what the nominees will even be? 2020 has been a bit of a weird year for gaming. The only 3 I can

• I could see New Horizons being a contender, but I highly doubt Fall Guys of all things would be in the running for a GOTY. It would make more sense for it to get nominated for Best Multiplayer at the most.

I think Animal Crossing: New Horizons may be in the running for Game of The Year because of the impact it had earlier in the year, going bey

• Sad thing is there's a number of responses to posts highlighting this and people just seem to downplay it, but if it were EA or some other company, there'd be mass headlines calling for the heads of EA executives.

lupinb0y posted: »

The delay is almost certainly because the game will be receiving a big day one patch at launch. https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/

• Fair point, Best Multiplayer is what it will most likely win, I picked it as a GOTY contender based on how it took off, but that was wrong of me :joy:

lupinb0y posted: »

I could see New Horizons being a contender, but I highly doubt Fall Guys of all things would be in the running for a GOTY. It would make more sense for it to get nominated for Best Multiplayer at the most.

• been exactly 2 months since i last posted and i come back to the same ol' last of us 2 chatter. glad to see nothing has changed, stay beautiful fellow gamers and theymers

• I feel its pretty obvious Laura Bailey and Ashley Johnson will be nominated and Ashley wins

Man I really hope Ashley Johnson wins. What an incredible performance.

• edited October 2020

Other potential nominees are Hades, Half Life Alyx and Demon's Souls. Also I don't know about Ghost winning. It only got an 83 on Meta, compared to TLOU2's 93. Ghost is a 9/10 game though.

• I sort of doubt Demon's Souls will even get nominated, no matter how much I am praying for it to win.

Ghetsis posted: »

Other potential nominees are Hades, Half Life Alyx and Demon's Souls. Also I don't know about Ghost winning. It only got an 83 on Meta, compared to TLOU2's 93. Ghost is a 9/10 game though.

• 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim is a fantastic game, but it ain't gonna get nominated, lmao

• edited October 2020

God of War was below Red Dead Redemption 2 scorewise on Metacritic, yet GOW still won over it.

• Microsoft dropped a trailer for the Xbox Series X Fridge, they are truly embracing the meme:

• Lol I love it when something like that. They are like "Hell. Let's just go with it". Lol

Microsoft dropped a trailer for the Xbox Series X Fridge, they are truly embracing the meme:

• You're right about Alyx Im actually very positive it will be nominated for GOTY. I just kinda forgot because I dont got VR Rippo-

Honestly I think Alyx could have a decent shot at winning due to tech achievement. I cant really judge if I think it deserves it though.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.