The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Cool

AChicken posted: »

New profile picture time

• edited December 2020

I'm probably gonna have to wait a few more days to play it as i want my experience to be special and play it on my new pc and not my ps4 like Miles Morales (although i still had a great fucking time with Miles Morales on ps4) but i'm definitely excited to play this.

I'm not sure on what i'm going to pick yet maybe Corporate as that sounds really interesting but either way i'm really really hoping the "lifepath" backstories are similar to what Dragon Age Origins did with different starts for each one and as the game keeps going your backstory ties with the main story somehow,that would really make me want to replay the game.

I think we haven't seen a game being this big since Gta V i can't wait.

strwar3 posted: »

So it looks like Cyberpunk 2077 is coming out on a few days and I can't wait for it come out! It is going to be awesome. But,i am obviously

• Me watching the Cyberpunk 2077 Johnny Silverhand trailer where all the citizens talk about how Johnny is an evil guy who tried to destroy all of Night City who accidently had an AI version of him uploaded into your head and now he wants to take over your body

• I think we haven't seen a game being this big since Gta V i can't wait.

Is RDR2 a joke to ya?

iFoRias posted: »

I'm probably gonna have to wait a few more days to play it as i want my experience to be special and play it on my new pc and not my ps4 lik

• Lol pretty much the same tbh

Poogers555 posted: »

Me watching the Cyberpunk 2077 Johnny Silverhand trailer where all the citizens talk about how Johnny is an evil guy who tried to destroy al

• RDR2 is a great game. It looks beautiful and the gameplay looks awesome. But,this is a big CDPR game and based on news of pre-orders digital and physical copies. It is a big game for CDPR since The Witcher 3 came out.

Also RDR2 will always be a good damn game. So will Cyberpunk 2077.

AronDracula posted: »

I think we haven't seen a game being this big since Gta V i can't wait. Is RDR2 a joke to ya?

• Forget Wonder Woman, now ALL movies from Warner Bros that will release in theatres next year will also release on HBO MAX for a month.

Warner Bros. Will Debut All Its 2021 Films on HBO Max
    I'm so dang jealous of you Americans.

This currently includes:

• Wonder Woman 1984 (December 25, 2020)
    • The Little Things (January 29, 2021)
    • Tom & Jerry (March 5, 2021)
    • The Many Saints of Newark (March 12, 2021)
    • Reminiscence (April 16, 2021)
    • Godzilla vs. Kong (May 21, 2021)
    • The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It (June 4, 2021)
    • In the Heights (June 18, 2021)
    • Space Jam: A New Legacy (July 16, 2021)
    • The Suicide Squad (August 6, 2021)
    • Dune (October 1, 2021)
    • Elvis (November 5, 2021)
    • King Richard (November 19, 2021)
    • The Matrix 4 (December 22, 2021)
    • Sherlock Holmes 3 (December 22, 2021)
    • Judas and the Black Messiah (TBA 2021)
    • MACRO (TBA 2021)
    • Malignant (TBA 2021)
    • Mortal Kombat (TBA 2021)
  • edited December 2020

Literally wtf is this? Developed by Valve and published by... Telltale??? Isn't this the Steam game that you can only download through console commands? Probably a mistake.

https://steamdb.info/app/480/history/

• Yeah...I doubt this is going to affect Dragon Age 4 but this is probably not a good thing for their future games,it's even worse when you know that this is happening literally the day before Dragon Age's day,strange timing really makes you wonder what the hell is happening over there.

https://www.ign.com/articles/bioware-casey-hudson-mark-darrah-to-leave-studio-all-current-projects-planned-to-continue Well There Goes BioWare

• Didn't Casey Hudson just come back to BioWare like a couple of years ago? Now he's already out again. Something tells me there's a lot of drama going on behind the scenes and BioWare is even more of a mess than we thought.

https://www.ign.com/articles/bioware-casey-hudson-mark-darrah-to-leave-studio-all-current-projects-planned-to-continue Well There Goes BioWare

• Something tells me there's a lot of drama going on behind the scenes and BioWare is even more of a mess than we thought.

Probably problems within the development team or infighting like what happened with Anthem? Cause the team didn't like working on Anthem that much and the development team felt like their was no magic anymore. So possibly no ME 4 or anything. Those games might no be happening. Dragon Age 4? Well that remains to be seen. Still bad news for BioWare.

Btw? EA will always be the most stupid gaming and worst company ever. They ruin gaming companies like Visceral games and now BioWare. Yea looks like it bye bye to BioWare, I guess

Didn't Casey Hudson just come back to BioWare like a couple of years ago? Now he's already out again. Something tells me there's a lot of drama going on behind the scenes and BioWare is even more of a mess than we thought.

• Christopher Nolan sheds a tear as I play the worlds smallest violin.

Forget Wonder Woman, now ALL movies from Warner Bros that will release in theatres next year will also release on HBO MAX for a month. Wa

• Wow, can't say I understand much on that page, but... Yeah, that is weird.

If Telltale's publishing again, I gotta get them on the phone and tell them to re-publish Night School's Mr. Robot Mobile game.
    I unfortunately missed out on that before their demise...

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

Literally wtf is this? Developed by Valve and published by... Telltale??? Isn't this the Steam game that you can only download through console commands? Probably a mistake. https://steamdb.info/app/480/history/

• Friendly reminder that the tiny team behind Among Us is going to be revealing something at the Game Awards next week.

• So The Game Awards have announced Brie Larson will be one of the presenters for next week's show:

https://mobile.twitter.com/thegameawards/status/1334650384258764805

I have to laugh at some of these responses, it's priceless just how offended "gamers", or anyone that consumes entertainment can get over something. Make a narrative decision that someone doesn't like, you are automatically bad at your job, or "woke", make a BLM tribute in Spider-Man: Miles Morales, you're told to keep "politics" out of gaming, your game is full of Glitches, and Devs are "lazy" I swear to God the attitudes of some actually make me ashamed to identify as someone that consumes entertainment, way too much time is spent chatting dog shit about a writer, a designer, an actor or a director that just wouldn't be said to their faces :joy:

It's a great laugh though, when you see how trivial subjects are taken like a dagger to the heart. Some people on here honestly crack me up at the offense that's displayed over things in entertainment, I get you wish to be entertained, and some things may not do that for you, happens to me, happens to everyone, but it's rather dangerous and a bit mental that if something doesn't go how people would like, the reaction is to abuse or be volatile. Like I have consumed stuff that had parts I wasn't thrilled about, but I didn't go to any extremes, and I'm a very emotionally outward person :joy: it's not that hard to do, it shouldn't be.

• "Spacewar" could be a generic name for something else. The dates go back to 2017 before Telltale shut down, so it may be something they were originally expecting that version of Telltale to publish, and they just haven't bothered to update it since then.

I'm just making stuff up. I don't really know.

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

Literally wtf is this? Developed by Valve and published by... Telltale??? Isn't this the Steam game that you can only download through console commands? Probably a mistake. https://steamdb.info/app/480/history/

• edited December 2020

I want Brie Larson to announce the GOTY for the double wombo combo ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Also Gal Gadot will also be making an appearance as a presenter, so they'll probably be showing off another WW84 trailer. As for Brie Larson I assume she might be doing something for Nintendo (since she recently collaborated with them for a commercial) or potentially the Avengers game.

Also I agree with pretty much everything you said lol.

So The Game Awards have announced Brie Larson will be one of the presenters for next week's show: https://mobile.twitter.com/thegameaward

• Yeah, the new Henry Stickmin map.

Friendly reminder that the tiny team behind Among Us is going to be revealing something at the Game Awards next week. https://twitter.com/AmongUsGame/status/1329154674352644099

• Yeah I saw that tweet for Gal Gadot, no disrespect but I don't really know her, when it comes to film's I have been living under a rock.

Imagine the reaction if Brie announced The Last of Us Part II as GOTY, I think I'd collapse a lung from the laugh I'll have when reading the comments on it. People said that it's Golden Joystick awards were a result of paying off those involved, that was a rib tickler to say the least.

I done a bit of digging and apparently she's disliked for "being against white men" but really she wanted more people from diverse backgrounds to come forward and take part in the entertainment industry. Then there's people not liking Captain Marvel and just don't like her.

lupinb0y posted: »

I want Brie Larson to announce the GOTY for the double wombo combo ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Also Gal Gadot will also be making an appearance as a pres

• I'm not a big Metal Gear fan but I'm sure there's some of you guys that'd be interested in this, Oscar Isaac will play Solid Snake in the upcoming Metal Gear Solid film:

https://deadline.com/2020/12/oscar-isaac-solid-snake-sonys-metal-gear-solid-movie-1234650259/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

• Nah the whole thing is essentially that she used the presstour for captain marvel to promote her own beliefs and opinions etc instead of the film.

I didn't pay much attention to that but that was what the original outrage was about. And then videos spread about how stuck up she is towards her colleagues (theres one special interview with her, don cheadle and chris hemsworth where their whole auras just screams that they don't really like her. Its a really awkward interview).

That being said the only thing I really saw was said interview and some other things and it did rub me the wrong way for sure. I'm no fan of her but I still enjoyed her performance and captain marvel in general, so I'm not gonna be out there on the frontlines calling for Brie to get off the game awards.

Yeah I saw that tweet for Gal Gadot, no disrespect but I don't really know her, when it comes to film's I have been living under a rock.

• Alright I'll have to look into all that, most of what I read from responses to TGA's tweet was that, according to those who actually had a problem with her, that she had some spite against white men interviewing her, so I looked up that specific story and came across what I shared in my comment, looking back I probably should've widened my field of view to see what else there was, but thanks for letting me know.

In one hand, she is there to promote Captain Marvel, but she is still her own person, she should be able to convey what she thinks, not that you think otherwise, but more so what I have seen from across different forms of social media, is that celebrities are often frowned upon for expressing their opinion, they are looked at as mere shells that act and perform, and can't use their platform to express a message.

If she's stuck up to colleagues, then that isn't right, that shouldn't happen, but in all honesty, that should be something that is settled amongst those three, like we have a fascination with what these celebrities do and behave like, but we can't accept when they use their platform to spread a positive message, otherwise that's "virtue signalling". Brie may look back at her behaviour with them down the line and regret it, she may already regret it, it just may be her personality that makes her difficult to work with, it doesn't necessarily make her the bad person that these peeps make her out to be. I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt, as I don't know her personally, I can only take guesses as to what she's like in person.

captainivy1 posted: »

Nah the whole thing is essentially that she used the presstour for captain marvel to promote her own beliefs and opinions etc instead of the

• edited December 2020

Nah the whole thing is essentially that she used the presstour for captain marvel to promote her own beliefs and opinions etc instead of the film.

Many of the other Avengers actors and actresses have done the same thing, I don't see why she shouldn't be able to. By the end of the day it's not like her belief of wanting more diversity in the film industry is particularly harmful.

And then videos spread about how stuck up she is towards her colleagues (theres one special interview with her, don cheadle and chris hemsworth where their whole auras just screams that they don't really like her. Its a really awkward interview).

Now this is absolute crazy talk. I remember hearing about this and it was just some quack "psychologist" and YouTubers overanalysing interviews.

Nah the whole thing is essentially that she used the presstour for captain marvel to promote her own beliefs and opinions etc instead of the

• YouTubers overanalysing interviews.

I would say Geeks + Gamers is one of them. Many of his videos on his channel are just about complaining on Brie Larson.

• Ah yes, him and the other members of the Legion of Super Neckbeards.

Menofthe214 posted: »

YouTubers overanalysing interviews. I would say Geeks + Gamers is one of them. Many of his videos on his channel are just about complaining on Brie Larson.

• And then videos spread about how stuck up she is towards her colleagues (theres one special interview with her, don cheadle and chris hemsworth where their whole auras just screams that they don't really like her. Its a really awkward interview).

Yeah, I don't know where I heard this, but I'm sure I saw someone comment on this controversy somewhere round the internet, offering more context and proof that this take is misinformation spread around without context.

They aren't annoyed at her (I think), and if they are, I don't think I've seen any proof that they dislike her or she's a pain to work with.

So, it's been a while since I've seen this stuff pop up, but last time I saw someone talk about it, someone made a very good case for Brie Larson that has escaped my mind at the moment... But she's fine I think.

• edited December 2020

cough cough The Quartering cough cough I learned he had a bit of a thing for Brie back in the day, he has a platform to use and express his opinion, but he's just a nasty piece of work. Menofthe214 mentioned Geeks + Gamers, I've not heard of them but I take it they are as low as Quartering?

• So I claimed an offer to get 3 months Game Pass Ultimate Membership for the price of €1. I immediately went and downloaded the Five Nights at Freddy's Series, along with Alan Wake, ASTRONEER, Dead Space and Fe, I've only ever played ASTRONEER and a demo for FNAF2 so I'm excited to see what the rest are like

• edited December 2020

They're absolute shit, but Quarterpounder is probably still worse considering he's banned from Magic The Gathering events for harassing female cosplayers.

cough cough The Quartering cough cough I learned he had a bit of a thing for Brie back in the day, he has a platform to use and express his

• he's banned from Magic The Gathering events for harassing female cosplayers.

For real? That's mental to say the least.

him and the other members of the Legion of Super Neckbeards.

Going to be real with you man, when I read this, I envisioned a group like the Sinister Six except they think they're the good guys :joy: it was an unpleasant, but rather funny thought to conjure up, so thanks for making that possible :joy:

They're absolute shit, but Quarterpounder is probably still worse considering he's banned from Magic The Gathering events for harassing female cosplayers.

• Alan Wake

Awww yeahhh~

The game's not perfect, the pacing is pretty annoying near the middle, but it's a classic horror Remedy tale.

You also reminded me that I bought a month of Discord Nitro in early November. It comes with a free 3 months of Xbox Game Pass PC, so I should probably redeem that before it runs out...

So I claimed an offer to get 3 months Game Pass Ultimate Membership for the price of €1. I immediately went and downloaded the Five Nights a

• I envisioned a group like the Sinister Six except they think they're the good guys

I mean, they probably do. Everyone's the hero of their own story. Who else is going to defend the people from the POC and women :triumph:

he's banned from Magic The Gathering events for harassing female cosplayers. For real? That's mental to say the least. him and

• Cheers for the heads up amigo, and glad I could be of help in some, indirect way :joy:

Alan Wake Awww yeahhh~ The game's not perfect, the pacing is pretty annoying near the middle, but it's a classic horror Remedy ta

• edited December 2020

I mean, someone's gotta "fight the good fight", why not have The Quartering and his band of chums comprised of misogynistic, deluded imbeciles that definitely do not overreact and blow out of proportion any given topic to do the job? :joy:

I envisioned a group like the Sinister Six except they think they're the good guys I mean, they probably do. Everyone's the hero of their own story. Who else is going to defend the people from the POC and women

• I found out that a bunch of people on TikTok got together and composed a number of songs for a theoretical Ratatouille musical.

It's really good lol

• So I downloaded Five Nights at Freddy's through Game Pass and kinda flew through the entire game, getting achievements left, right and centre.

Then I got to the custom night, and there's an achievement for surviving the night with all AI difficulty ramped up to 20/20 (highest difficulty), so me being hungry for the achievement, of course I tried it... Freddy and his crew don't mess around at all, as soon as the night starts, they want you dead, and fast, and they got their wish in each of my three attempts at the custom night.

I looked at a guide for it and plenty of people used a glitch that has since been patched, where the game was tricked into thinking a door was closed and the animatronics couldn't get in, despite the door visibly being open. I don't know how I'll do it, but I'll get that achievement whether the game likes it or not :joy:

• Okay, to get off this completely overblown, tired, and waste of time argument over Brie Larson and some YouTubers some people disagree with, let's try and get back to some normal conversations.

Hey, did you know that there's a section of the US where you can technically commit murder and not be tried for it. If you were to kill someone in a 50 square mile section of Yellowstone National Park located in Idaho, due to it being uninhabited section of the state, you would not be able to have a jury of your own peers, a violation of the 6th Amendment to the US Constitution. Meaning any trial that would be had would be seen as unfair, and thus, you'd get away with murder. So, long story short, who wants to take a trip to Idaho with me?

• edited December 2020

To be honest the Brie Larson thing was done with on December 5th, posts after that was just having a laugh at YouTube personalities that would take a problem with the Brie announcement, Menofthe214 brought that up. There wasn't really much of an argument over it either, I didn't get the full picture, captainivy provided, and lupinb0y, AChicken gave further details, after that it was pretty much dead and buried.

I don't think our conversation itself was overblown, we had a good laugh at it so I think that's what counts, we have to have a laugh at some of the "outrage" that could come from this announcement.

Hey, did you know that there's a section of the US where you can technically commit murder and not be tried for it. If you were to kill someone in a 50 square mile section of Yellowstone National Park located in Idaho, due to it being uninhabited section of the state, you would not be able to have a jury of your own peers, a violation of the 6th Amendment to the US Constitution. Meaning any trial that would be had would be seen as unfair, and thus, you'd get away with murder.

That's crazy, surely that should be addressed no?

who wants to take a trip to Idaho with me?

I don't know man I think I'll be sick for the next week or two, so I can't go... Sorry

Okay, to get off this completely overblown, tired, and waste of time argument over Brie Larson and some YouTubers some people disagree with,

Sign in to comment in this discussion.