The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• congrats amigo. platinuming the best souls game is no easy feat so good on ya for sticking to it and getting it done

AronDracula posted: »

I did it!!!! I platinumed Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin. That was such a pain in the ass, not because the game was hard but I had t

• Cheers. I also beat all the bosses, except for this one.

Out of all the dumb decisions the B-Team made for this game, this is easily the worst one and there is absolutely no goddamn reason to defend this bullshit. You have to travel through a big open misted snow area without dying from those fucking icicle horses or whatever they are who come out of nowhere anytime to kick your ass. And what you are rewarded with if you survived that route? A repeated-repeated-boss-fight-boss-fight. Seriously, this is basically the same boss that I have defeated IN THE SAME DLC CHAPTER. But this time, you fight 2 of the same type of boss who share the exact same attack abilities. So lazy, so unoriginal, so unbalanced and very unreasonable.

I play those Souls game to have fun, not to be a professional gamer. I beat all the bosses in all 3 Dark Souls games and Bloodborne, except for this one and I will probably never fight it because there is just no point. The only positive I can give is that they didn't force us to fight this boss in order to earn the Platinum.

congrats amigo. platinuming the best souls game is no easy feat so good on ya for sticking to it and getting it done

• oh yeah the two tigers boss fuckin blows. same with the awful area leading up to it. the only reason to ever attempt that boss is if you have another player who is like way overpowered doing it with you. very terrible fight.

AronDracula posted: »

Cheers. I also beat all the bosses, except for this one. Out of all the dumb decisions the B-Team made for this game, this is easily the

• Watched this the other day and it does a really good job showing off the original Branagin stuff. I do feel for the overall story of Wolf it does kinda make sense to have not gone down this route though as it would basically a really long side plot that isnt super important to the main plot.

That said I do kinda hope Season 2 brings Branagin back in someway. I said it before but doing so would give that scene in season 1 more value and weight. That said if she does I would hope the story would have a more direct correlation with the mundies. Maybe the original Branagin story did, but from what we can tell it really seemed like it would start to detract from the narrative as we make progress in our mystery but then uh oh gotta hide from Branagin.

iFoRias posted: »

Posting this here as it'll get more attention here than in the Wolf section of the forums,probably. A great video once again and what looks to be the last cut content video he will make on this channel,i recommend any Wolf fans to see it.

• what if CDPR made a Borderlands game? That's what's on my mind right now. Cyberpunk 2077 already has the looter shooter gunplay, and Johnny Silverhand.

• edited December 2020

Out of all the ads and announcements at the Game Awards, this is the one I still vividly remember and am excited most by. Hazelight's (And Josef Fares') It Takes Two.
    It looks pretty entertaining and imaginative -- very Pixar-like -- and much different than A Way Out!
    Too bad this also brings the problem that I'm gonna have to find another person to play this with again. :sweat_smile: But I'm excited for it! A Way Out was a very fun and unique game whose co-op only gimmick was actually one of its best strengths.

PS Blog: Introducing It Takes Two: The Wildest Co-Op Game of Your Life.

• The Last of Us Part 2 and Cyberpunk 2077 were both the most anticipated games of 2020 and both ended up as the most controversial games at the end of 8th generation.

• I like pretty much everything about it except that book. Why'd they make him look like that.

AChicken posted: »

Out of all the ads and announcements at the Game Awards, this is the one I still vividly remember and am excited most by. Hazelight's (And J

• It has been revealed that the recently announced Callisto Protocol game by Dead Space co-creator Glen Schofield actually takes place in the PUBG universe, 300 years in the future.

No I am not joking.

• The word "bizarre" doesn't describe the half of it.

lupinb0y posted: »

It has been revealed that the recently announced Callisto Protocol game by Dead Space co-creator Glen Schofield actually takes place in the PUBG universe, 300 years in the future. No I am not joking.

• I was wondering why I didn't see this there. You know, aside from this place being kinda dried

iFoRias posted: »

Posting this here as it'll get more attention here than in the Wolf section of the forums,probably. A great video once again and what looks to be the last cut content video he will make on this channel,i recommend any Wolf fans to see it.

• I was introduced to a place that sells Chicago styled deep dish pizza, which I've never had before.

It was good. I really liked it.

• Pfft, nothing beats New York pizza. Chicago pizza has nothing on our superior style. We have the best, and that is final, no debate to be had.

I was introduced to a place that sells Chicago styled deep dish pizza, which I've never had before. It was good. I really liked it.

• edited December 2020

Accidental bugs/glitches is one thing but this doesn't seem to be a bug at all. Is this how our future is going to be? 🤔

• edited December 2020

hoping that this means masks and distancing will be on their way out soon. There are a ton of trucks and planes filled with Pfizer vaccine and they're arriving to their sites as early as tomorrow morning

• New York styled pizza is great too and I would totally put it above Chicago deep dish, but to call it as good as or even better than an old fashioned traditional Italian pizza? From the people that birthed this food from the heavens?

Lies. Deception.

Pfft, nothing beats New York pizza. Chicago pizza has nothing on our superior style. We have the best, and that is final, no debate to be had.

• You know, all I remember hearing for the longest time was that not only was the vaccine still a long ways out, but the idea of having one ready this year was considered ridiculous, a lie that was fact checked as impossible. And not only do we have 1, but we have 2 supposedly successful vaccines developed and being shipped to those who need it the most before the year is up. This is nothing short of a miracle, the speed at which this came about and already being able to distribute it, I think, could be one of the biggest scientific successes ever. I want everyone who thought that it was a pipe dream, wishful thinking, and a bloviated sense of false hope, among other harsh words I’ve seen thrown around, to not only publicly recognize what an achievement this is, but renege their previous statements. While normalcy is still a while away, and the long lasting effects will be felt for years to come (we’re going to see a lot more hypochondriacs who will never take their masks off again, not to mention the thousands, if not millions, who have resorted to drugs, alcohol, or even suicide as a result of the negative affects of these lockdowns and the pandemic), I think we are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

hoping that this means masks and distancing will be on their way out soon. There are a ton of trucks and planes filled with Pfizer vaccine and they're arriving to their sites as early as tomorrow morning

• Who do you think made and popularized New York style pizza? It was the Italian immigrants who settled in New York and New Jersey. I myself am a descendent of some of those Italian immigrants, it’s in my blood.

Do not cite the dark magic to me, witch. I was (quasi) there when it was written.

New York styled pizza is great too and I would totally put it above Chicago deep dish, but to call it as good as or even better than an old

• Couldn't have said it better myself

You know, all I remember hearing for the longest time was that not only was the vaccine still a long ways out, but the idea of having one re

• edited December 2020

Well shit. I didn't know I was speaking to a (quasi)descendant of food angels.

Who do you think made and popularized New York style pizza? It was the Italian immigrants who settled in New York and New Jersey. I myself a

• edited December 2020

I watched Train to Busan for the second time. That film is a masterpiece and it's better than most Hollywood movies I have seen. If you loved The Walking Dead Season 1, you will love this one. It's such a character-focused zombie story. The only thing that bothers me the most is that I cannot remember the names of the characters due to the Korean culture.

• edited December 2020

And you best remember that. New Jersey may be the land of huge property taxes, insufferably high cost of living, decrepit roads and bridges, humid summers, freezing winters, corrupt politicians, and considered the least patriotic state in the entire country, but if there's one thing we take immense pride in, it's our food. From our pizza, to our bagels, to our tomatoes, to our diners, to the greatest breakfast sandwich in the whole world...a Taylor Ham, egg, and cheese...New Jersey stands above the rest.

Well shit. I didn't know I was speaking to a (quasi)descendant of food angels.

• Just got the news that my 62 year old father tested positive. He is currently asymptomatic and feeling okay, thank God, but my mother, who has been running a fever, congested, and coughing, is still waiting on her results. Just talked to both of them, they’re taking it well and will be quarantining, I just pray everything will be okay with both of them.

• edited December 2020

New Wolf Among Us GIF from telltale twitter... looks really good for Tool standards? Could this be a UE4 demo with the s1 model or am I overthinking it?

paging @Poogers555 since he'll easily be able to figure out what s1 set the background is from and if the Bigby model has any changes.

• Hope they recover fast and easy, glad to hear the Dad is doing well.

Do you live relatively close to them? Dropping off zinc and vitamin D outside their house might help a bit. 80% of people with severe covid are vitamin D deficient.

Just got the news that my 62 year old father tested positive. He is currently asymptomatic and feeling okay, thank God, but my mother, who h

• Yikes! I hope they stay safe and have a speedy recovery.

Just got the news that my 62 year old father tested positive. He is currently asymptomatic and feeling okay, thank God, but my mother, who h

• They're in South Carolina, and I'm in New Jersey. Not the closest drive. My mom already takes zinc, my dad not so much. They were both told to take C and D as well. Thank you for the well wishes though.

Hope they recover fast and easy, glad to hear the Dad is doing well. Do you live relatively close to them? Dropping off zinc and vitamin D outside their house might help a bit. 80% of people with severe covid are vitamin D deficient.

• Thank you very much Blind

Yikes! I hope they stay safe and have a speedy recovery.

• edited December 2020

This is just from episode 5 at the start of the Bloody Mary fight.

There is a weird amount of effort put into it though. Not super sure what they did for the camera bobbing as the overall scene where Bigby looks like this only last like 10 milliseconds and there is no camera panning out or in. The eyes are just after effects/premiere. Blurriness is probs a mixture of quality dropping from being a gif plus they most likely used some kind of AI for the motion. Doubt this really means anything but it is a bit of a strange amount of work/effort just for a reply tweet.

New Wolf Among Us GIF from telltale twitter... looks really good for Tool standards? Could this be a UE4 demo with the s1 model or am I over

• i swear you have all 9 hours of Wolf gameplay choreographed into your memory dude, the section of your brain that retains Wolf Among Us knowledge is just built different. Crazy how you recognized the scene right away.

Poogers555 posted: »

This is just from episode 5 at the start of the Bloody Mary fight. There is a weird amount of effort put into it though. Not super su

• Oh you know I uh- just no reason...

i swear you have all 9 hours of Wolf gameplay choreographed into your memory dude, the section of your brain that retains Wolf Among Us knowledge is just built different. Crazy how you recognized the scene right away.

• The entirety of TWAU just lives rent-free in Poogs' brain.

Oh you know I uh- just no reason...

• At this point, he could probably finish the entire game, make his usual choices, and successfully complete all the QTE's without even looking at the screen. That's how well he knows the game.

AChicken posted: »

The entirety of TWAU just lives rent-free in Poogs' brain.

• edited December 2020

Please watch my twau speed runs on Twitch my current record is 5:23:53 really trying to get it down and working on the elusive episode 4 skip

At this point, he could probably finish the entire game, make his usual choices, and successfully complete all the QTE's without even looking at the screen. That's how well he knows the game.

• edited December 2020

Just finished watching Wolfwalkers. It's an animated movie that follows a young girl named Robyn, who aspires to be a hunter like her father. Due to her fathers work, they are called to Ireland in order to help wipe out the remaining wolves that seemingly terrorise the region, however after sneaking off into the woods she meets Mebh, a wild child who she discovers is part of a lineage of people known as Wolfwalkers. Humans with the magical ability to transform into wolves.

I love this movie. For one thing, it is absolutely positively gorgeous to look at. Every single frame felt like it was ripped right out of the pages of a storybook. Not since Spider-Verse have I seen an animated film look this beautiful. There were multiple moments throughout the film where I couldn't help but be astounded by visuals and the animation. As far as I'm aware, the movie is entirely hand drawn, with colours "leaking" out of the outlines and the sketches that make up the bodies of the characters are often made visible throughout.

Robyn and Mebh are wonderful characters with amazing chemistry. Despite their wildly different backgrounds, both of them have a similar sense of childlike wonder and joy, as well as a fierce feeling of independence which is what draws the two of them together. The voice acting is also top notch, with Honor Kneafsey and Eva Whittaker doing a great job of bringing the characters to life.

This is easily the best looking piece of animated media this year and is definitely up there in my favourites of the year because of everything else. I highly recommend it. The production house, Cartoon Saloon, has just made a fan out of me and I look forward to checking out their previous and future releases.

• edited December 2020
  • edited December 2020

So Xbox Game Pass PC was suppose to add the EA Play library to Game Pass today, which was announced at the Game Awards less than a week ago. But now today when it was suppose to release its been announced to be delayed until some time in 2021. How do you even put yourself in that situation?

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited December 2020

They're just...

So Xbox Game Pass PC was suppose to add the EA Play library to Game Pass today, which was announced at the Game Awards less than a week ago.

• That's too much, man!

dojo32161 posted: »

They're just...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.