The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• I just noticed that Legend of Korra dropped on Netflix in my region. I'mma start watching it right now.

• Aren't you USA? Pretty sure that dropped this past summer.
    Enjoy!

(grumbles in canadian)

AronDracula posted: »

I just noticed that Legend of Korra dropped on Netflix in my region. I'mma start watching it right now.

• edited December 2020

I am not in America. I live in Netherlands. The show just happened to be the first thing I saw while opening Netflix

AChicken posted: »

Aren't you USA? Pretty sure that dropped this past summer. Enjoy! (grumbles in canadian)

• Ohh... I wonder why I had that detail in my head? Maybe I was just mixed up. Thanks for clarifying :grin:

I am not in America. I live in Netherlands. The show just happened to be the first thing I saw while opening Netflix

• If you put the word "EA" in that sentence, I won't be surprised.

Poogers555 posted: »

So Xbox Game Pass PC was suppose to add the EA Play library to Game Pass today, which was announced at the Game Awards less than a week ago.

• im pretty sure to get the episode 4 skip you need to find the hidden gnome in every scene in episode 3, and then place them all on the sacrificial alter in the strip club before going to fight the tweedles who then become gnomes and blue screen all of episode 4

Please watch my twau speed runs on Twitch my current record is 5:23:53 really trying to get it down and working on the elusive episode 4 skip

• SHIT!!! I heard that Resident Evil 8 story got leaked through the internet. Luckily, I avoid learning information about the new RE games because I want a blind experience. I just hope they do not pull a Joel with Chris Redfield.

• edited December 2020

Emperor's New Groove is 20 years old today.

I remember watching this in the cinema with my mom. I feel ancient lmao.

• Remasters?

This is just from episode 5 at the start of the Bloody Mary fight. There is a weird amount of effort put into it though. Not super su

• I was thinking that but I dont know. The only thing here that is a bit weird is the motion but I am very certain its some sort of AI. Other than that it all looks the same as the original so it doesnt look like its from a remastered version of the game. Dont really know why they would show footage of a Wolf remaster with nothing truly new and put glowing eyes over it in with After Effects. Its also possible its a fan made gif someone made thats just out there and they didnt make it and just searched it.

Anyway, why yes I am looking forward to The Wolf Among Us: Redux... How could you tell?

DabigRG posted: »

Remasters?

• tfw now there are some leaked screenshots but still no gameplay.

We will never see RE8 gameplay even unofficially.

SHIT!!! I heard that Resident Evil 8 story got leaked through the internet. Luckily, I avoid learning information about the new RE games because I want a blind experience. I just hope they do not pull a Joel with Chris Redfield.

• Pretty sure all the cutscenes got leaked due to the Capcom ransomware.

tfw now there are some leaked screenshots but still no gameplay. We will never see RE8 gameplay even unofficially.

• I thought they actually showed small gameplay in interview videos but I'd rather not have it in mind cause that is the best way for me to enjoy these games.

tfw now there are some leaked screenshots but still no gameplay. We will never see RE8 gameplay even unofficially.

• A lot of stuff got leaked because of that. RIP Capcom.

And yes, I did say screenshots despite watching one of the leaked cutscenes.

My mind is massive and strong.

dojo32161 posted: »

Pretty sure all the cutscenes got leaked due to the Capcom ransomware.

• The most gameplay we've seen that wasn't just Ethan walking around was from a PS5 trailer of a pro tennis player where small 2 second clips were cut in-between that showed gameplay a little more complex than just "Bro this man is walking!"

Not so sure why this was the ad to do so but oh well. Capcom has been a bit confusing with this RE8 marketing, being undeceive about if its called Resident Evil 8 Village or Village: Resident Evil, telling people to watch them play Re8 but its literally watch people play Re8 because they didn't show footage. Im just hoping for a proper gameplay reveal soon.

I thought they actually showed small gameplay in interview videos but I'd rather not have it in mind cause that is the best way for me to enjoy these games.

• CD Projekt is currently having that moment in an old cartoon where a character falls down a set of stairs and they just keep tumbling for like a full minute.

It's pretty funny.

• Well, looks like it wasn't just my parents that tested positive for COVID. I just tested positive as well unfortunately. Not to worry, I'm feeling completely fine, no symptoms to report on as of now, and I will be doing the necessary quarantining for the next two weeks while doing what work I can from home. Got plenty of food to last, so that's not going to be a problem, maybe I can actually start tackling some of the other games in my library with the time off.

• edited December 2020

Got all my fingers and toes crossed for you and your parents, Metallica. Hope you guys beat this thing fast, and that if this positive case holds true, it's just a mild case of it.

...Goddamn. Never expected one of our own would be faced with a positive covid test. Stay safe out there, y'all.
    Fu~~uuck this year! Cannot wait to leave it behind.

Well, looks like it wasn't just my parents that tested positive for COVID. I just tested positive as well unfortunately. Not to worry, I'm f

• edited December 2020

Working where I do, I'm surprised I didn't have it already at some point. Just with how many people I see day in and day out and how much I'm there, I was operating under the assumption I had it months ago and just didn't know about it. Thank you Chicken, but I'm not really too worried about this. I am looking at getting a second test done, see if it was a false positive, to try and get back to work. If it is a legitimate positive, then I'm not expecting anything too bad. I'm 23, no serious health risks, I eat relatively well, this will most likely be nothing too serious. Worst I feel right now is tired, and that's more from being up since 3:30 in the morning trying to shovel my car out of the snow from a huge snow storm we had the previous night. Even talking to my parents, they say it just feels like they have a regular cold, they are doing pretty well at the moment as well. Still, I appreciate it.

Got all my fingers and toes crossed for you and your parents, Metallica. Hope you guys beat this thing fast, and that if this positive case

• Bit of an out of nowhere question, but I'm working on a personal project, and if any of you have any personal attachment or love for the Silent Hill series and have stories to share about your experiences with it, I'd appreciate it if you DMd me and told me about them. I can elaborate more on why in the DMs if ya wish ofc.

• Glad to hear you guys are doing fine right now.

If you want to make a dent in your games library for the time being, maybe list off some of the things in your backlog and maybe we can all give input on what to tackle first. :D

Working where I do, I'm surprised I didn't have it already at some point. Just with how many people I see day in and day out and how much I'

• I am keeping you and your family in my thoughts. I hope you all recover quickly! Stay safe.

Well, looks like it wasn't just my parents that tested positive for COVID. I just tested positive as well unfortunately. Not to worry, I'm f

• Appreciated Deku, thank you.

I am keeping you and your family in my thoughts. I hope you all recover quickly! Stay safe.

• While I do think that Disney's whole Investor Day presentation was an overload of entertainment (also in showcasing what brands they're really willing to milk and shovel money into, despite my excitement for them) I just learned of one Pixar announcement that flew under the radar:

Domee Shi, the director of that adorably heartwarming short Bao has secured a director's position for a feature-length Pixar film! YES. SO DANG HAPPY FOR HER.

• Stay well friend! Make the best of a bad situation!

• edited December 2020

Good to hear that you and your parents symptoms aren't super serious! Get well soon!

Working where I do, I'm surprised I didn't have it already at some point. Just with how many people I see day in and day out and how much I'

• Very excited for this, I absolutely loved Bao! If I'm right, Domee Shi is also Pixar's first female director so big ups to her!

While I do think that Disney's whole Investor Day presentation was an overload of entertainment (also in showcasing what brands they're real

• edited December 2020

So Cyberpunk just got removed from PlayStation store apparently. Yikes.

I think this pushback against these huge companies releasing unfinished products or falsely advertising that their game runs on older consoles is a good thing. At the same time, this is far from the worst case of a game being put into stores in a completely messy state. Telltale itself is a good example.

• Just read about that.
    IMO, I feel like this might have been more of a CDPR decision than a Sony one.

We've had some broken and buggy games release on the PS4 before, some (or at least one -- No Man's Sky) were notoriously buggy and underwhelming compared to their pre-release footage, but there was never a complete takedown in that case, least of all from Sony themselves... So it seems to me that CDPR might be doing the good move here in completely removing access to the broken version of the game to patch it up until it's ready for a re-release (if that's even possible).

So Cyberpunk just got removed from PlayStation store apparently. Yikes. I think this pushback against these huge companies releasing unfi

• Good to hear you and your family are fine,hope you get better soon stay safe.

• edited December 2020

I'm pretty sure it's confirmed to be a Sony decision. The announcement and news outlets all place Sony Interactive Entertainment as the ones deciding to remove the game from PSN. CD Projekt has yet to release a statement as far as I'm aware.

This feels like a response to CDPR telling the playerbase that if they want a refund that they should call Sony and Microsoft without any prior discussion. It'd be interesting if Microsoft follows suit.

We've had some broken and buggy games release on the PS4 before, some (or at least one -- No Man's Sky) were notoriously buggy and underwhelming compared to their pre-release footage

In this case it would be because CP77 has a much larger playerbase than previous titles but the game itself runs at an unstable 20fps on last gen consoles which makes it nigh unplayable at certain points. No Man's Sky had its own set of issues but at least it didn't play like a slideshow.

Just read about that. IMO, I feel like this might have been more of a CDPR decision than a Sony one. We've had some broken and buggy ga

• I wish a speedy recovery to you and your family!

• edited December 2020

Just finished season 2 of Hilda. I don't think there's much more to say other than it's absolutely fantastic and continues on with the high quality set by the previous season with episode 9 being a particular favourite of mine. It's cozy, fun, touching, emotional, with at times some surprisingly high stakes and I just didn't want it to end.

Very much looking forward to the movie which I assume will be releasing sometime next year.

I really hope that it gets renewed for another season. There's so much to the weird and wonderful world of Hilda that I would just love to see more of and I don't think I'm ready to say goodbye to it just yet.

• Finally got around to playing Oxenfree and gotta say it was real good, kinda sad I sat on it so long.

That said that makes me pretty disappointed with After Party which I bought last year but never finished. Which is kinda weird because they both play similar. I guess maybe because Oxen is a mystery it’s more engaging than After Party’s more linear straight forward story. But also I feel Oxenfree has way more player interactivity. It always felt like I was doing something while in After Party I felt like I was standing around doing nothing. Does anyone know if there was a change with the studio between the 2 games because it’s kinda weird how Oxen I found so engaging but After Party I felt disconnected.

Anyway, Oxenfree good.

• edited December 2020

Man, you've only just now played Oxenfree? Glad to hear you enjoyed it (and regret not playing it sooner :lol:) you've been missing out on a pretty dang good dev.

Though I feel the same way about Afterparty. Something about that game just isn't for me, or didn't hook me the same way Oxenfree did, and I have no idea why.
    Now, Oxenfree does have lots of content right up my alley (I'm a sucker for time loops, alt universes, and mysterious supernatural hijinks), but while I enjoyed the trailers and lead up to Afterparty's release, there's just something about it that I can't enjoy, and I dropped the game soon after starting and haven't finished it...

Oxenfree had the benefit of a bunch of secret, optional content to search for with the Radio you can constantly tune into... So there's one reason it's more engaging, I'd say.

If you've only played Oxenfree once though, make sure to go through it again for a New Game Plus. There's a couple small scene changes and an extended ending.

Finally got around to playing Oxenfree and gotta say it was real good, kinda sad I sat on it so long. That said that makes me pretty disa

• Hope everything goes well for you and your family, fingers crossed.

• I liked Oxenfree, too, but I never played Afterparty. after seeing the reviews about it. It sounds like they came up with an exciting concept but failed to include enough interesting things to keep the player engaged.

Finally got around to playing Oxenfree and gotta say it was real good, kinda sad I sat on it so long. That said that makes me pretty disa

Sign in to comment in this discussion.