The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• mfs really do be designing cameras with the battery on the bottom

• Oh, you must've commented right as I was saying hi earlier. I didn't wanna risk reviving an old one and got distracted doing other things today.

Thank you very much! Same to you @AChicken

Is this not it? https://community.telltale.com/discussion/88479/life-is-strange-season-2-completely-out#latest It's been updated over the years (the thread is 6 years old). That's may be why you think there were multiple threads.

• Gambling is never a good way to make extra cash, better not even start it, always starts by little then ends in a misery.

I honestly can't believe I'm doing this, but in an attempt to try and make some extra money on the side, I'm going to try my hand at...sport

• Not trying to make a lot of money, but if I've got a little, tiny extra cash sitting on the side that I'm not planning to do anything with, why not try to see if I can get a few extra bucks out of it. Plus, most of the stuff I'm going to do is a lot of safe, low risk bets, so there's less chance of gambling it away and losing too much. Obviously gambling addiction is a serious thing and it was always something in the back of my mind before doing this, but if you take the necessary steps and are conscientious of the bets you're making and not just pissing your money in the wind, not much harm can come from it. Same with drinking, too much in excess is bad, but the occasional drink here and there is pretty safe.

Gambling is never a good way to make extra cash, better not even start it, always starts by little then ends in a misery.

• edited December 2020

Two more days before Soul releases and Pixar (presumably) steals more of my tears to power the electricity in their offices.

• edited December 2020

I played and finished two short games. Later Alligator and Sea of Solitude. Each took about 2.5-3 hours to complete.

Just gonna spoiler tag this to save some space. There aren't any actual spoilers in this.

Later Alligator is fuckin' great. It's an adorable point and click adventure game in which you have to help Pat the Alligator find out who in his family wants him dead and why before the end of the day. In order to uncover the truth, you have to meet every member of Pat's family and play their minigames to find out what's going on. The characters are all incredibly charming and funny, with each of them having their own unique personality, quirks and animation. I ended up really liking this game a whole lot. Would very much recommend this.

Sea of Solitude is another game that I enjoyed but it does have quite a few problems. It's a third person platformer following Kay, as she explores a city submerged in water and meets a number of humans turned monsters in order to overcome her fears and issues. The game is really fantastic looking, the monsters and world all look really good, the human designs a little so. The world and characters are really interesting and I think the game overall does a good with exploring certain issues such as mental illness. The gameplay itself does have that eurojank feel to it. Platforming isn't incredibly satisfying and some of the controls, especially the boat needs work.

My biggest problem in the game is the voice acting. It's pretty bad lol, save for like one character who I thought sounded alright, which isn't great considering it's a very narrative heavy game. It's also pretty clear that English isn't the writers first language as the dialogue can be incredibly awkward and heavy handed at times. However, I did enjoy my experience with it overall and liked the message of the game. I also found myself relating heavily to some of the major moments which gives it an added plus in my book. There's a Director's Cut of the game coming to the Switch soon with overhauled writing and voice acting which, from the trailer alone, is miles better than the original game. I'd recommend getting this at a sale or waiting for the Switch version to release.

TLDR;

Later Alligator. Very good. Is funny. Cute as heck. Charming characters. Would recommend.

Sea of Solitude. Pretty janky. Bad voice acting. Interesting narrative and approach to sensitive and relatable topics. Great visuals and character designs. Would recommend at sale or wait for Director's Cut which completely reworks the writing and voice acting.

• Well, my hopes that the COVID test I took last week were a false positive were dashed. Results of my second test also came back positive, so it looks like I do actually have COVID. Still haven't had a single symptom, and I feel completely fine. Obviously I'm incredibly thankful for that, but if I'm being honest, that also kind of sucks. I'm stuck in my apartment, forced to take two weeks off work, can't go anywhere, can't go to the gym, everything has to be delivered (which costs a lot of money), and I'm feeling great. If anything, I'm feeling better than I usually do because I'm getting a good amount of sleep, instead of waking up at 4:00 in the morning for work. At least if I was sick I wouldn't want to go out anywhere anyway, but staying cooped up in quarantine when I feel totally healthy is kind of a nightmare. I'M BORED!!!

• i’m honestly shook i didn’t think that people would still be using this

• get well soon man

Well, my hopes that the COVID test I took last week were a false positive were dashed. Results of my second test also came back positive, so

• Hey there man! No no no, that wasn’t me lol. A friend told me the same thing but it’s gotta be a coincidence. I’ve spotted 4 other people with this same username

@AronDracula helloooo you’re still alive

DabigRG posted: »

Long time, no see! Heard you were on @Graysonn 's stream the other day and wondered if you'd drop by for.

• I'm more alive here than outside, now that you mention it.

Hey there man! No no no, that wasn’t me lol. A friend told me the same thing but it’s gotta be a coincidence. I’ve spotted 4 other people with this same username @AronDracula helloooo you’re still alive

• “Kenny, These edibles ain’t shi-“

• Oh. Well, it is the well known beta name for the Season 2 finale.

Anyway, how's it been?

Hey there man! No no no, that wasn’t me lol. A friend told me the same thing but it’s gotta be a coincidence. I’ve spotted 4 other people with this same username @AronDracula helloooo you’re still alive

• Good bet, eh?

I honestly can't believe I'm doing this, but in an attempt to try and make some extra money on the side, I'm going to try my hand at...sport

• Omg the forums are back up? When did this happen?

• Well pretty much since last year in August i think,new telltale brought back the forums.

Welcome back.

Omg the forums are back up? When did this happen?

• Thanks. Wow coming back here is so nostalgic. Like I still remember so many of the members on here. I thought they shut down the forums for good a long time ago.

iFoRias posted: »

Well pretty much since last year in August i think,new telltale brought back the forums. Welcome back.

• edited December 2020

Here's a doodle page I did today. Still can't nail down that image of my avatar in my head. This probably won't mean heads or tails to anyone, but, eh, why not share it

I just can't figure out the right shape and proportion of what exactly I want! Dang it, amateur hands!

• Very good. Put $50 down, ended up winning $45.

Good bet, eh?

• 90%, huh?

Very good. Put $50 down, ended up winning $45.

• Merry Christmas Everyone

• edited December 2020

My best friend just came out and surprised me with the fuckin' Lego Star Wars Razor Crest from the Mandolorian as a Christmas gift :bawling:

This bad boy right here

Me looking at the set like

• edited December 2020

Art is frickin' haaard. This latest rendition of my pfp took 3 hours, the winter version took an extra 30 minutes.
    Just... drawing and redrawing until it looks good. And if it doesn't look good, then adding embellishments and details so it looks less odd is some difficult stuff, especially for me -- a big boy amateur. (I started on the beak, then the head shape, then the eyes... the body was the most frustrating. It always looked so weird and uncanny to me. Adding the bandana to avoid lots of blank space helped, I think...)

So I did it and am pretty happy about this one!

• Funny litle guy. He looks nice.

AChicken posted: »

Art is frickin' haaard. This latest rendition of my pfp took 3 hours, the winter version took an extra 30 minutes. Just... drawing and red

• The bandana is a great idea. It looks really cute!

AChicken posted: »

Art is frickin' haaard. This latest rendition of my pfp took 3 hours, the winter version took an extra 30 minutes. Just... drawing and red

• The greatest Christmas gift I could have asked for, the revival of everyone’s favorite soap opera, Days of Our Steelers.

Ever since the departure of Antonio Brown, aka The Diva, 2 seasons ago, I was worried about the hole the show would have due to his absence. However, the character arc of JuJu Smith Schuster and his downward spiral of corruption and rising ego has truly been fascinating and nothing short of brilliance to witness. The writers must give themselves a pat on the back for such a masterful execution of this character arc. And of course, we can’t forget about the star, Ben Roethlisberger, aka Captain Fat Fuck. The glorious leader of men continues his steady decline to the point of being a liability and ruining his Hall of Fame career. This is the type of drama and entertainment TV is currently lacking.

• i’m literally traveling while there’s an ongoing pandemic this kinda wild

• Stay safe buddy

i’m literally traveling while there’s an ongoing pandemic this kinda wild

• Feliz Navidad!

• Ho Ho Ho its me! Santa Poogs! Here to tell you that the first 2 people to reply to this comment can choose one of two Steam games to have for free! Ho Ho Ho! Those games are Sword Legacy: Omen and Chasm! Ho Ho Ho!

• edited December 2020

Merry Christmas, my man. I don't want those games, just wanted to celebrate.

Poogers555 posted: »

Ho Ho Ho its me! Santa Poogs! Here to tell you that the first 2 people to reply to this comment can choose one of two Steam games to have for free! Ho Ho Ho! Those games are Sword Legacy: Omen and Chasm! Ho Ho Ho!

• Merry Christmas friends! Please take care of yourselves, you here? <3

• Santa Poogs has failed at giving away gifts! Ho Ho Ho!

AronDracula posted: »

Merry Christmas, my man. I don't want those games, just wanted to celebrate.

• Didn't see the comment, don't really want the games, but I want to spread some cheer :)

Poogers555 posted: »

Ho Ho Ho its me! Santa Poogs! Here to tell you that the first 2 people to reply to this comment can choose one of two Steam games to have for free! Ho Ho Ho! Those games are Sword Legacy: Omen and Chasm! Ho Ho Ho!

• Well, now that I’ve had my Christmas dinner, it’s time to cozy up on the couch and enjoy the greatest Christmas movie ever made. That’s right, time for motherfucking Die Hard.

• this reminded me, how are your parents doing? Are they symptom free yet?

Well, now that I’ve had my Christmas dinner, it’s time to cozy up on the couch and enjoy the greatest Christmas movie ever made. That’s right, time for motherfucking Die Hard.

• edited December 2020

They’re doing better. My dad is scheduled to return to work on Tuesday, and other than a cough, he’s pretty much back to normal. My mother is a bit different. She has had a history of health issues, so this hit her far worse. She actually did go to the hospital the other day. They didn’t need to keep her, but they did say she had pneumonia induced by Covid or something along those lines, I forget the exact terminology they used. They gave her some medication and she’s looking and sounding a lot better. She’s still sleeping through a lot of the day and coughing, but it’s a huge improvement from a week ago. She’s been staying hydrated and drinking a lot of water (which is good because she usually drinks like 5 diet Pepsi’s a day), so that’s definitely helped. They were planning on driving up from South Carolina to visit me and the rest of our family, but then all three of us got it, and we ended up staying put. As for me, I still feel completely fine, scheduled to go back to work on Wednesday and haven’t had any symptoms at all. Guess that means I’m doing something right. Plus, better I get it now than later. Planning a vacation in March to Orlando, and I’d hate to cancel if I were to get Covid. But, getting it now, that should put me in the clear.

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

this reminded me, how are your parents doing? Are they symptom free yet?

• edited December 2020

enjoy the greatest Christmas movie ever made. That’s right, time for motherfucking Die Hard.

Damn right and i am watch Batman 1989 and Batman returns too on Christmas.

Well, now that I’ve had my Christmas dinner, it’s time to cozy up on the couch and enjoy the greatest Christmas movie ever made. That’s right, time for motherfucking Die Hard.

• Glad you are feeling better,msm and including your parents too. Also? Played any good horror games lately? I been playing Dead Space more and still very fuckin scary to this day. Never stop loving it!

Also i been going gym more than ever. I bet you looking forward to getting back to that. Stay safe everyone and Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah too

They’re doing better. My dad is scheduled to return to work on Tuesday, and other than a cough, he’s pretty much back to normal. My mother i

Sign in to comment in this discussion.