The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• edited December 2020

Gosh, I'm shocked! Shocked! Well, not that shocked.

But, I'm sure Clem or AJ must have done it at some point in Season 4... Or even Michonne at some point...?

Poogers555 posted: »

Shocking information you must know.

• edited December 2020

Yeah, Clem does it in ANF. But only if you don't kill Conrad (and we know how unpopular that choice is lel)

EDIT: Also Fiona can determinantly flip Vaughn off in episode 5. Smh, Poogers really needs to fact-check before posting something like this. :^)

AChicken posted: »

Gosh, I'm shocked! Shocked! Well, not that shocked. But, I'm sure Clem or AJ must have done it at some point in Season 4... Or even Michonne at some point...?

• Happy new year's eve. And fuck 2020.

• Proving once again that keeping Conrad around is the better choice.

Pipas posted: »

Yeah, Clem does it in ANF. But only if you don't kill Conrad (and we know how unpopular that choice is lel) EDIT: Also Fiona can determ

• Should have given a separate section for Star-Lord/Peter Quill, "Did it on the forums that one time." SMH

• Bloody Hell your making me hungry.😫

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

pick one

• edited December 2020

Happy New Year \( ' 0 ' )/

• Wait, I don't remember Bigby flipping anyone off.

• edited December 2020

I-I-I I uh I was I was like I was certain Fiona could and I and I and and and I looked looked it up but nothing s-s-s-showed up so I thought that I was wrong uh I uh forgot and I uh does ANF really count? hahahaha? I would I'd never mess up such an important tier list haha never, NEVER!!!

Pipas posted: »

Yeah, Clem does it in ANF. But only if you don't kill Conrad (and we know how unpopular that choice is lel) EDIT: Also Fiona can determ

• "mr toade wher is my monee for 2kb of glamoré?"

AronDracula posted: »

Wait, I don't remember Bigby flipping anyone off.

• A shameful updated version. I am sorry to have let all the gamers down. Forgive me, for I have sinned in delivering the most important information of 2020 before it ends. I am sorry gamers.

• Well, as Kenny would say:

"mr toade wher is my monee for 2kb of glamoré?"

• Ngl if Jesse from minecraft flipped someone off I would’ve given M:SM a 10/10

A shameful updated version. I am sorry to have let all the gamers down. Forgive me, for I have sinned in delivering the most important information of 2020 before it ends. I am sorry gamers.

• Happy new year. Goodbye 2020, you will never be missed.

• edited December 2020

Even being aware of the #Twist that's supposed to come up at some point, this game prequel/DLC/whatever handles Eliot worse than Warren.
    EDIT: I am confused/conflicted about that.

• "If you look for the light, you can often find it. But if you look for the dark that is all you will ever see.”
    Uncle Iroh

New Years for many of you has already occurred, welcome to 2021. For some like myself, we're still here in 2020 awaiting the stroke of midnight. Obviously it has been a trying year, one filled with many tribulations and challenges. Icons have been lost, economies and businesses have collapsed, a worldwide pandemic transpired, and many other problems domestically and internationally have taken place. Not a single person in the world hasn't been impacted in some way by the pandemic, some worse than others, and some not as much. And we're all hearing it from everyone and everywhere. "Thank God 2020 is almost over." "We survived 2020." "2020 was the worst year ever." "2020 happened." And so on and so forth.

I encourage you all to stop thinking like this.

There's no doubt that 2020 has been rough on everyone, we've all had to sacrifice in some way to keep going. And I get it, it's so much easier to focus on the bad stuff that happened throughout the world and around you. But in doing so, we minimize all of the good that this year has brought, the blessings we have been given, and all that we have to be thankful for. And I'm not talking about trivial things like a game you were looking forward to coming out or a new season of a hit TV show. No, I'm talking about things far greater than that.

• I'm thankful for starting my first job with Amazon at the start of this year. For the amazing people I have met and learned from because of it. For the chance to grow and come to a better understanding of myself because of this opportunity, an opportunity to become the best version of myself possible.
    • I feel blessed for the technological achievements and means of communication that have allowed us access to our friends and loved ones throughout this pandemic. While not able to be with them in person, the fact that we can all still remain in contact so easily with the people we care about most in ways previous generations never could has made getting through much easier, and has helped me better appreciate the moments where we are physically together, because you never know when life might take it away.
    • I'm grateful for the hardworking first responders, medical workers, delivery drivers, and all those who never stopped working, despite having the weight of the world put upon them. That even when it seemed like they had nothing left to give, they stepped up and found more reasons to keep going in spite of everything.
    • I'm thankful for all of the local businesses that have survived and remain open, continuing to enrich our communities and the people who live in them. If anything, I appreciate them far more, for they had to take the brunt of the hardships and how much I took the simple luxury of going out to eat or working out at the local gym for granted.
    • I'm thankful for the roof over my head, my good health, and the newfound responsibility that comes with living on my own for the first time in my life. That despite the hardships that arose from it and the many mistakes I made in the process, I learned from them and became stronger and more independent because of them.
    • I'm thankful for the great people on these forums, for the discussions, interactions, and laughs that we've had over the course of the last year.
    • I'm grateful for the love and kindness of my family, that has given me innumerable boosts of happiness and confidence when I've struggled and felt frustrated.
    • I'm thankful for the development of the vaccines, and no doubt the hard work of scientists and doctors who have poured hours and hours of work into their development. Vaccines that will save the lives of people all across the globe because of these people and their sacrifices.

Instead of focusing so much on stuff going on throughout the world that we can't in anyway control, stuff that will only push us further down into nihilism, pessimism, and depression, I ask for you all to focus on the stuff you can control. The stuff you have been blessed with, the stuff you are most thankful for, and the stuff that before you took for granted and now have a deeper appreciation for, in spite of the shit that was thrown at you. Focusing more on the tangible, what's right in front of you, and the parts that you can control and appreciate, you will find the light, even in the darkest of tunnels. So please, count your blessings, look back on the good that has come from the past year. I'm not telling you to ignore or forget about the bad stuff that's happened, but to recognize, appreciate, and even cherish the good. Because I've found that, when you do so, it makes your life not only easier, but happier, and I guarantee it will have a positive emotional and mental impact on you, as well as the people around you. God bless you all, and Happy New Year.

"People who don't have their own houses in order should be very careful before they go about reorganizing the world."
    Jordan Peterson

• Happy new year @metallicarules and happy Christmas or whatever you do everyone.

• It's been a long time since I checked in and my what are you playing thread is still somewhat active! That's 5 years strong I can't even believe it.

• Happy New Year Friends! Here's to a better year!

• edited September 2021

Happy New Year everyone! A bit less exciting like most holidays this year but if you did it right you were watching. I hope 2021 is a good one and that we can finally return to "normal" in the not too distant future now with Covid Vaccines and all that.

Anyway, wishing you all good luck with your goals this year. Happy new year and stay safe!

wonder how everyone's year going so far is

• Happy new Year. ...and, uh, Happy "Goodbye Adobe Flash Player" Day. Remember to uninstall this soon-to-be-useless program! January 12th is when things are expected to break online...

Goodbye Line Rider.

• Happy New Years everyone

• I hope we all die this year.

• I think about you every time I see that thread come up. Hope things are going well over there, at least as to be expected with the tiers and all.

It's been a long time since I checked in and my what are you playing thread is still somewhat active! That's 5 years strong I can't even believe it.

• Happy New Years! May it resolve to be better than the last one.

• Is it weird if I say I enjoy watching people cry to movies and tv shows

• Nah, but nothing beats the pleasure of watching people emotionally suffer to something you also previously suffered to, it's great.

lupinb0y posted: »

Is it weird if I say I enjoy watching people cry to movies and tv shows

• edited January 2021

You know how I decided to start off this year in the most mediocre way possible? Watch a bad film. And what did I choose? "Peninsula". Or "Train to Busan Presents: Peninsula" as they call it. This is a sequel to Train to Busan (My new favorite zombie film) but at the same time, it is not a sequel to Train to Busan. Why is that the case you ask? Let's see:

• None of the characters from the first film return for the sequel. There is no reference to them whatsoever.
    • It's set 4 years after the events of the original with a complete new cast and storyline in.
    • The director said it's not a sequel because it's not a continuation, despite the fact that he used the name of the original to promote this film.

Peninsula is exactly what I expected, although there were some moments that were worse than I thought. Do you like CGI cars? Do you like CGI zombies? Do like nonsensical action set pieces like the ones from Fast and Furious? Well, this film has everything you ask for. The problem with this film isn't because it's different. It seems that it tried to be the "Aliens" type of sequel and I was totally ok with that because Aliens is one of my favorite films of all time. There is nothing wrong with trying to do different things. The problem is that the execution is completely atrocious.

How come this came from the same director AND the same writer? The acting is worse, the CGI is worse, the action choreography is worse and where the fuck is the thing that made the original soo good? CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT. You can make something different but that doesn't mean you should also ditch the most important things about making a good story.

Peninsula doesn't even know what it wants to be. Does it want to be an emotional thrill ride or just a popcorn fun ride? The answer is YES. There are some emotional scenes which did NOT affect me at all. Because after some of those emotional moments, what do I witness? Visually awful car chases with a 10 year old girl who is SOMEHOW very good at drifting cars, in a zombie infested city no less. Who the fuck asked for that after watching Train to Busan? Do not worry about getting spoiled because the story is full of cliches and it felt more like a Hollywood film than something made in Korea. There is nothing original or unique about this abomination.

The main character is basically a knockoff of Leon S. Kennedy from Resident Evil, he did some bad decisions in his personal career just like the main protagonist of Train to Busan and he is just a guy who knows how to defend himself from danger. He has such a big plot armor which prevents him from being a relatable character and he lacks vulnerability. He didn't do anything to make feel attached to his shenanigans other than just being a badass and he had a "redemption" arc that made absolutely no sense.

The film is full of fake digital environment. The zombies went from fearful invulnerable monsters to tensionless balloon animals and I thought that part from "I Am Legend" where Will Smith runs over some zombies was terrible. Who the fuck tested this film and say "Yep, this film is completely finished"? This whole bullshit looks like a PS3 game prior the 2010's. Christ, Train to Busan was the directorial debut in live action for the Korean director and while some of the effects from that film needed a few improvements, they still look much better than this cartoonish Scorpion-King looking trash.

Do not waste your time with this time-wasting cash grab. The story is ridiculous, it's cliched and you won't care about any of the characters.

• Damn. I've heard about some of those exact problems with Peninsula last summer, but thought 'it can't be that bad...' Yikes, it's even worse.

Thanks for the warning, I'll unfortunately steer clear from this sequel.
    At least the original is still good. Haven't seen that in a while, might be time for a rewatch...

You know how I decided to start off this year in the most mediocre way possible? Watch a bad film. And what did I choose? "Peninsula". Or "T

• Avatar The Last Airbender just keeps blowing my mind because the voice actor who played the Cabbage Merchant is the same dude who played Eddie Raja in Uncharted Drake's Fortune.

• And here I thought I knew every little detail about Avatar, but you have proved me wrong. I actually did not know that, never watched the two voices until now.

Avatar The Last Airbender just keeps blowing my mind because the voice actor who played the Cabbage Merchant is the same dude who played Eddie Raja in Uncharted Drake's Fortune.

• New Year New Tier List (and this one is 100% factual this time for real)

• edited January 2021

So I just watched Soul and like I promised @lupinb0y here are my thoughts of it.

I got to get this out of the way first: this film is gorgeous. The visuals in both the living world and afterlife are breathtaking. 2 scenes in particular made me go “holy shit”. I can’t recall the last time a film’s animation did that for me.

Also major props to Pixar for actually tackling subject matter like this. It’s definitely the most risky premise Pixar has done and I have to applaud Pete Doctor for taking that plunge, even if it can be jarring to watch sometimes if you have your own spiritual beliefs (at least it was for me at times).

Without spoiling anything, most of my issues with the film were with how the afterlife was handled, though that’s not to say all of it’s bad. Some of the spiritual aspects of the movie felt more like a drug trip than an exploration of life after death and the meaning of life, and it honestly took me out of the movie a little bit. It’s a shame because when the movie does tackle those themes it hits hard. That and in my opinion the afterlife, while definitely visually interesting and creative, is a little too cutesy, which would would be fine but to me it doesn’t jive well with the aesthetics of New York.

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I feel like the movie would’ve benefitted from downplaying the afterlife aspects and focusing more on Joe’s struggle with his life’s purpose and the meaning of life, since that is without a doubt the strongest part of the movie, and when the film really delves into them it’s damn good.

Overall I can’t say I’m disappointed because the parts that are strong in this movie are excellent. It’s just that it has the same problem I had with Inside Out: I want to absolutely adore this movie, but it plays some things a bit too loose with it’s subject matter to really click with me like I want it to, especially since spirituality and psychology are my two favorite topics. It’s good, great even, but it’s missing something to be my all time favorite animated film, and that hurts more than if it just completely dropped the ball altogether.

I know I’ve been mostly focusing on the negatives, but really, it’s Pixar, it’s Pete Doctor. If you’re a sucker for Pixar or animated films in general like I am go watch it.

• edited January 2021

I rewatched Pixar's Purl for the first time in a long time and I just realized all the businessmen have the same face! How did I not see that before?? That's part of the integral theme behind the short!

Oh yeah and the making of the Sparkshort Out is out now.

The making of Burrow is coming at the end of the month.

• My fanmade MCSM S3 trailer is on hold rn. Having a pc issue, but the progress is okay tbh. Trying to edit models, but my pc is broke so it'll have to wait.

• is the big white thing happening to anyone else

• Not happening with me.

is the big white thing happening to anyone else

• Not happening to me, either. The usual solution is to try reloading the page, and if that doesn't work, tell us which browser you're using.

• It happened for like 1 second for me

Sign in to comment in this discussion.