The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• I finally got around to play and finish GTA Vice City, which is a fan favorite by old school fans, for the first time. It was pretty good, I loved the city and the storyline seemed interesting. However, what made quit the game so many times is the goddamn controls. Playing it with a controller is such a pain in the ass and I think it's better on PC which is where I should have played the game in the first place.

• Oh it doesn't bother me that much, I was trying to figure out if someone is finally messing with the forum layout, working on some update and such, or if it was a weird bug on my end. Seems like its the latter : (.

WarpSpeed posted: »

Not happening to me, either. The usual solution is to try reloading the page, and if that doesn't work, tell us which browser you're using.

• Those bootleg figures of the Telltale versions of Bane, Batman, Catwoman, Harley Quinn, The Joker (and John Doe), Mr. Freeze, and The Riddler finally arrived.

I wasn't sure what to expect, since I read that Lego bootlegs by Pogo can vary hugely in quality from awful to just as good as the Lego figures.

Now that they've arrived, I can happily report that the Telltale figures are firmly in the latter camp. Surprisingly, Pogo Batman's cape is actually of sturdier material than that of the official Lego Batman figure in the Lego Dimensions starter pack.

So, If any of you are as crazy as me and want to plop down $1-$2 a pop on these bootleg figures, at least you know you'll be getting your money's worth.

I mean, they come in plastic bags and likely won't gain anything in value since they're bootlegs, but the figures are actually really well made.

Jennifer posted: »

So, I actually ended up buying those bootleg Telltale Batman lego figurines. I have to keep up my title as the "Telltale historian" after all.* *Not an official title, but I own so much Telltale merch that I might as well be.

• Late to say it but I'll do it anyway. Another detail that burned my brain is that Tenzin and Pema's names in LOK seem to be a nod to Tenzin and Pema from Uncharted 2. I thought Tenzin was just a normal Tibetan name, then I noticed that the name for UC2 Tenzin's daughter is Pema which is LOK Tenzin's wife's name. I refuse to think this is just a coincidence.

And here I thought I knew every little detail about Avatar, but you have proved me wrong. I actually did not know that, never watched the two voices until now.

• edited January 2021

Just found this forum again after 4-5 years. Damn I'm gettin old. Nice to see this place still alive.

• Well actually, Tenzin is named after the current Dalai Lama Tenzin Gyatso. In Avatar, Aang mentioned on several occasions his mentor was an older monk named Gyatso, and thus, it's implied that he named his son in honor of him by calling him Tenzin.

AronDracula posted: »

Late to say it but I'll do it anyway. Another detail that burned my brain is that Tenzin and Pema's names in LOK seem to be a nod to Tenzin

• Nice to see you again friend! We're just chilling, very relaxing.

Charlieh65 posted: »

Just found this forum again after 4-5 years. Damn I'm gettin old. Nice to see this place still alive.

• edited January 2021

Why the fuck did this become a meme now and not 7 years ago?

• Hoolyyyyy fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

• This is as ever as I have ever been. I could fucking die peacefully right now.

• 2021 gonna be a movie!

The movie:

ʷʰᵒ ᶜʰᵒˢᵉ ᵗʰᶦˢ ᵐᵒᵛᶦᵉ ʷᵗᶠ

• Honestly, this is 100% accurate, I can confirm.

• Just checking in, you okay?

This is as ever as I have ever been. I could fucking die peacefully right now.

• Welp, that sure looked like an apocalypse. Glad it's over.

• Oh, this is far from over. I fear for future political events, hell, whatever happens in the next 4 years. It's clear the numbers are out there, ready to do... whatever the hell is asked of them. Not to make anyone more afraid, but... that's my thoughts on it.

Can you believe that we're only 6 days (now 7) into 2021?? Fantastic start, once again.

Welp, that sure looked like an apocalypse. Glad it's over.

• Now THIS is a protest against an actual dictator I can support.

• the protests included students publicly airing Metallica songs such as "Master of Puppets" and "Sad But True" as part of their resistance to the new chancellor. The tunes doubled as a dig on Bulu, who claimed in a recent interview to be a "rector who listens to hard rock, to Metallica" and didn't want to change the university's culture.

Lol, that's a pretty cool way to protest.

Now THIS is a protest against an actual dictator I can support. https://twitter.com/Loudwire/status/1347174895055155200

• edited January 2021

Exactly. It's civil, ruly, organized, and no one is hurt. Both sides here in America can learn a thing or two from Turkey...that is not something I ever thought I would say in my life.

AChicken posted: »

the protests included students publicly airing Metallica songs such as "Master of Puppets" and "Sad But True" as part of their resistance to

• edited January 2021

Yep, I have no regrets ditching my hype for this game.

EDIT: @MetallicaRules OOpps, I didn't mean to reply to your comment. My bad

Exactly. It's civil, ruly, organized, and no one is hurt. Both sides here in America can learn a thing or two from Turkey...that is not something I ever thought I would say in my life.

• Yeah the brains thinking better now. But it was such a good time I have to agree with drugged up me.

dojo32161 posted: »

Just checking in, you okay?

• I think my ball sports region is damaged, the gland below is a late bloomer, and I want to give the 2nd brain a lobotomy.

Honestly, this is 100% accurate, I can confirm.

• hey guys accidentally fell asleep for an entire month, how's everything going? what did i miss? hope the country isn't exploding or anything.

• uhhhh nothing happened, go back to sleep for a few more months :sweat_smile:

hey guys accidentally fell asleep for an entire month, how's everything going? what did i miss? hope the country isn't exploding or anything.

• Go back to sleep, samurai. The whole world hasn't burned yet.

hey guys accidentally fell asleep for an entire month, how's everything going? what did i miss? hope the country isn't exploding or anything.

• Ladies and gentle-friends, I present to you... DOOM x Fall Guys. So ridiculously cute.

• So, these things are now off the web. Maybe Telltale threw them a cease and desist, maybe the seller just pulled them.

Kinda saddened to hear, especially after hearing they were surprisingly legit and of decent quality.
    Ah well. At least someone got their hands on these!

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

So it turns out a few days ago AliExpress started selling these Chinese knockoff Telltale Batman LEGO figurines and now a ton of dropshipper

• probably sold badly

So, these things are now off the web. Maybe Telltale threw them a cease and desist, maybe the seller just pulled them. Kinda saddened to

• edited January 2021

YEAH!! PHYSICAL COPIES OF SCOTT PILGRIM!
    Now when the game inevitably gets removed from stores in 6 years, it won't be completely impossible to find again!

There's also a slightly-larger "Classic Edition" with a unique case, some novelty items and the soundtrack, as well as a big "K.O. Edition" that comes with a big roadie box and pop-up stage, lights & music to display.
    I gotta get me one of those.

Okay, holy cow, the KO edition goes above and beyond. It's got a book full of interviews with the devs?!

K.O. Edition ($139.99) – Includes the Classic Edition, “Sex Bob-omb” guitar picks, drum sticks, a cassette tape soundtrack, a seven card deluxe high-gloss holofoil trading card set, a hardbound book featuring interviews with developers involved in the game's creation, production art and reflections on the game's impact and importance written by Jeremy Parish. All K.O. Edition items will come in an authentic, hinged, hard-shell roadie case box with a 3D pop-up scene that includes working lights and sound.

• edited January 2021

I watched the Disney Plus release of Hamilton today. The only Hamilton thing I've ever engaged with in the past was The Hamilton Polka by Weird Al (which itself is fire), and I thought it was really good!

It's incredibly catchy, entertaining, funny and also surprisingly emotional. Gonna have the songs stuck in my head for a bit and I'll definitely be re-listening to a bunch of the songs on repeat.

• OMG I thought the forums got shut down! It's so cool to be back I used to love this place when I was younger!

• They did get shut down for a few days at one point, but they're up now! Welcome back!

Batteries posted: »

OMG I thought the forums got shut down! It's so cool to be back I used to love this place when I was younger!

• I almost forgot that Attack in Titan is not only coming back this month--its back second thing tomorrow morning!

• edited January 2021

Several former cast members of Avatar The Last Airbender recently did an hour long reunion video. It featured Jack De Sena (Sokka), Dante Basco (Zuko), Jessie Flower (Toph, Meng), Dee Bradley Baker (Momo, Appa, various other voices), Zach Tyler Eisen (Aang), Grey DeLisle (Azula), Cricket Leigh (Mai), Greg Baldwin (S3 Iroh), Jennie Kwan (Suki), and Olivia Hack (Ty Lee). Also joining was Andrea Romano, the show’s voice director, and a video from Mae Whitman (Katara), who sadly was not able to join the livestream. Phil LaMarr (the Earth King) also joined in for a while at the very end.

• edited January 2021

So the Chicago Bears and New Orleans Saints playoff game tonight is going to be broadcasted on CBS, Amazon Prime, and...Nickelodeon.

Not going to lie, I am oddly curious how the hell this is going to turn out. If they play Sweet Victory at halftime, I will immediately declare it a success.

• They seemed to play "Sweet Victory" at the end of the show just before the game broadcast. I have been switching between CBS and Nick's broadcasts. There was a funny explanation about "false starts" by Young Sheldon.

So the Chicago Bears and New Orleans Saints playoff game tonight is going to be broadcasted on CBS, Amazon Prime, and...Nickelodeon. Not

• The only broadcast to watch is Nick’s. I will say they’re succeeding in making me feel old. Talking about Zoey 101, Ned’s Declassified, Drake and Josh, CatDog, and other classic shows I grew up with.

They seemed to play "Sweet Victory" at the end of the show just before the game broadcast. I have been switching between CBS and Nick's broadcasts. There was a funny explanation about "false starts" by Young Sheldon.

• Wait, wait, so does this mean Nickelodeon has their own commentary track for the game? (Not sure how sports games are aired/distributed.)

So the Chicago Bears and New Orleans Saints playoff game tonight is going to be broadcasted on CBS, Amazon Prime, and...Nickelodeon. Not

• edited January 2021

Yeah, they have their own set of commentators calling the game. 2 of which are teens (one is the son of a CBS broadcaster, he’s actually doing pretty good, and the other is an actress on one of Nick’s shows), and the other is a former NFL player.

And color me surprised, the rest of the broadcast is pretty good overall. It’s been serious, but also lighthearted, covered in a way easy for kids to understand, and everyone is having a fun time it looks like. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I kind of want to see other stuff on Nick. Going forward, I would ask the following have Nick coverage as well:

• World Series
    • Stanley Cup
    • MMA/Boxing
    • Presidential Debates
    • Olympics

Wait, wait, so does this mean Nickelodeon has their own commentary track for the game? (Not sure how sports games are aired/distributed.)

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited January 2021

@MetallicaRules what did you think of the f-bomb that happened in the game? It was freaking hilarious.

• Would have been hilarious if they did the dolphin noises from the Sailor Mouth episode from Spongebob during the game, that would have made it better.

@MetallicaRules what did you think of the f-bomb that happened in the game? It was freaking hilarious.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.