The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Hey man, that accent is like half the fun!

The effects may hold up, but Jon Voight's terrible Paraguayan accent has not. Still a fun movie.

• In movie news, the animated film Connected is coming this year, finally, after being shown off last March and then disappearing seemingly forever.
    It is under a new title: "The Mitchells VS. The Machines" -- which was actually the original test title for the film. Dunno why they changed it back.

Anyway, I'm kinda excited given that it'll be way more accessible on Netflix now, but the movie just seems kinda meh, especially with that pretty-spoilery trailer they released last year.
    Dunno how well the message of "technology only drives people away, put it down and connect in-person" will be accepted, given that in the past year, technology has been instrumental in keeping people together and connected.

(Ouch, kinda awkward that their twitter tag is still "ConnectedMovie". The marketing department must be going crazy about any potential confusion.)

• edited January 2021

Dunno how well the message of "technology only drives people away, put it down and connect in-person" will be accepted, given that in the past year, technology has been instrumental in keeping people together and connected.

Christopher Miller, who's co-producing, went out of his way to say that the movies premise won't just be "phones bad" so I'm optimistic. I think it'll be a fun time, we just haven't seen much of it.

AChicken posted: »

In movie news, the animated film Connected is coming this year, finally, after being shown off last March and then disappearing seemingly fo

• edited January 2021

Hey boys, the Resident Evil: Maiden demo is out today! (Vampire Lady ooh)

*exclusive to PS5 tho :(

edit: oh... I was bested by the poogs. 7 hours ago.

• RE8 Demo for PS5 only

Poogers555 posted: »

RE8 Demo for PS5 only

• I wouldn't have played it anyway but still, I'm tired of fucking waiting.

AChicken posted: »

Hey boys, the Resident Evil: Maiden demo is out today! (Vampire Lady ooh) *exclusive to PS5 tho edit: oh... I was bested by the poogs. 7 hours ago.

• The RE showcase taught me that the plot of RE8 is after the death of Ethan’s wife he now has to survive an army of hot singles in his area.

lupinb0y posted: »

https://twitter.com/SunhiLegend/status/1352413045172133901

• The Internet's obsession with the Vampire Lady stuff is disturbing me.

https://twitter.com/SunhiLegend/status/1352413045172133901

• Poor Ethan. Nobody wants to give him a break.

The RE showcase taught me that the plot of RE8 is after the death of Ethan’s wife he now has to survive an army of hot singles in his area.

The Internet's obsession with the Vampire Lady stuff is disturbing me.

• Yes.

my d

• What is it about game playthroughs lately where I'm having a increasingly hazy time accepting, let alone liking a lot of the characters?

First Life is Strange(which had a handful of likeables amidst the whatever's or whyevens), then Detroit(where the amount I could say yeah towards was little above the two I enjoyed), and now Beyond Two Souls(practically no one).

• Most David Cage games are poorly written in general, so it's kind of hard to take the characters too seriously. Same with Life is Strange, though that one has more of an earnestness to it while you can kind of tell Cage has a stick up his ass, lmao.

DabigRG posted: »

What is it about game playthroughs lately where I'm having a increasingly hazy time accepting, let alone liking a lot of the characters?

• I suppose that more than checks out thus far. I recall thinking Heavy Rain was alright for the most part, but I'm sure there are a few more issues I didn't get bothered by.

Truth be told, I had zero interest in even looking up Beyond Two Souls, but the same channel that did Detroit Become Human just happened to cycle into Part 1 afterwards. The only reason I've gotten this far is because it's side-eye noise while I work anyway and the commentary is carrying most of it.

dojo32161 posted: »

Most David Cage games are poorly written in general, so it's kind of hard to take the characters too seriously. Same with Life is Strange, though that one has more of an earnestness to it while you can kind of tell Cage has a stick up his ass, lmao.

• Ohohoho, Beyond Two Souls is David Cage at his absolute worst. Shallow characters, story structure that makes no sense to have and just ludicrous scenarios that you can just hear Cage moaning in pleasure at his own "brilliance" as he wrote it. Shame too, because I really like the concept for the game.

DabigRG posted: »

I suppose that more than checks out thus far. I recall thinking Heavy Rain was alright for the most part, but I'm sure there are a few more

• Can't tell if that's a good thing or not. Depends on if there's any other game of his my attention would even pass by.

But yeah, it's pretty damn bad. I've realized I tend to think about them more than I intend to, but even The Walking Dead Games at their worst seemed to wanna give a bit more of a shit about its characters, since ANF at least tried to give almost six of it's characters something resembling empathetic bits.

Cause you're right, it's a interesting outline for a mov- I mean game, but it jumps around so much, makes some questionable decisions with some of the scenes(the bar sequence had a effectively finished bad outcome that went unused), and gives nearly all of the characters so little screentime beyond the barest of basics(if even) that it's hard to for anything beyond some of the shock and maybe sympathy for Jodie to leave a positive impact.

Ohohoho, Beyond Two Souls is David Cage at his absolute worst. Shallow characters, story structure that makes no sense to have and just ludi

• edited January 2021

I always really like the ideas for his games. A whodunnit detective game where you actually play the killer, a game about a woman who's tethered to an uncontrollable spirit, and a game about androids gaining sentience and deciding whether or not to be peaceful or violent when fighting for your rights all sound like super neat ideas but David Cage is not the person to be writing any of these stories. Detroit is probably his least horrible game solely because of the Connor and Hank stuff but even then the rest of the game is filled with so many ass-uppage moments. Though I'm surprised it didn't have his usual attempted rape scene.

I wouldn't mind if he came up with ideas and had other people build on those ideas but considering that he's supposedly a massive narcissist in real life and has his employees refer to him as the Sun King, it'd probably be best if he didn't work in the industry anymore.

Ohohoho, Beyond Two Souls is David Cage at his absolute worst. Shallow characters, story structure that makes no sense to have and just ludi

• but considering that he’s supposedly a massive narcissist

‘supposedly’ lol

I’ll give more thoughts about David cage and interactive movie games later

I always really like the ideas for his games. A whodunnit detective game where you actually play the killer, a game about a woman who's teth

• edited January 2021

The supposedly was more so meant for the Sun King part as I'm not sure if that was confirmed or not. I'm aware that he is a massive narcissist.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

but considering that he’s supposedly a massive narcissist ‘supposedly’ lol I’ll give more thoughts about David cage and interactive movie games later

• Yeah I haven’t heard the sun king part before, that’s interesting if it’s true

I just love that the opening credits of Detroit fade to black at the end to dramatically reveal “WRITTEN AND DIRECTED BY DAVID CAGE”

As if Detroit wouldn’t have been complete hot garbage like beyond two souls without the assistant writer he brought on board.

(Oh and the “citizen cage” poster in Fahrenheit 👌)

The supposedly was more so meant for the Sun King part as I'm not sure if that was confirmed or not. I'm aware that he is a massive narcissist.

• Every year I file taxes, I am reminded again why the IRS needs to be destroyed.

• wtf, people spreedrun wallace and gromit now? lmao

• The fact that this is a former world record is the most baffling part

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

wtf, people spreedrun wallace and gromit now? lmao

• hey man he should be thankful he's fighting a bunch of milfs this time and not weird rednecks and goop people. dude's got it much easier this time around

AronDracula posted: »

Poor Ethan. Nobody wants to give him a break.

• I hope the final boss of RE8 Ethan is about to be killed by Tall Lady only for Jack Baker to show up for no reason at all for the alley-oop.

hey man he should be thankful he's fighting a bunch of milfs this time and not weird rednecks and goop people. dude's got it much easier this time around

• I just learned that the vampire lady's name is Lady Dimitrescu. That is a romanian name and I am romanian myself. Considering the setting itself, our country do have history with vampires and draculas. My heart is just melting for excitement.

• Resident Evil 8: Now with 100% fewer hand amputations and 100% more tall women. Pre-order now.

hey man he should be thankful he's fighting a bunch of milfs this time and not weird rednecks and goop people. dude's got it much easier this time around

• Hyped af for when Ethan loses his right hand instead

Resident Evil 8: Now with 100% fewer hand amputations and 100% more tall women. Pre-order now.

• Me trying to pick up drawing again after months of procrastination.

• In Splatoon, the squid kids hairs are actually their tentacles, therefore they are made of flesh. This means that haircuts must be excruciatingly painful but it's all worth it to look fresh as fuck.

• Only eight months?

Me trying to pick up drawing again after months of procrastination.

• resident evil 8 will be the horniest AAA game since nier: automata, mark my words. people will be thirsting over the tall vampire mommy for decades to come, just as they have with nemesis

Resident Evil 8: Now with 100% fewer hand amputations and 100% more tall women. Pre-order now.

• better idea: joe baker shows up and then he and chris team up for a hoedown throwdown combo blaster and punch the tall lady to pieces, opening the door for the resident evil arcsys fighting game we all secretly want

I hope the final boss of RE8 Ethan is about to be killed by Tall Lady only for Jack Baker to show up for no reason at all for the alley-oop.

• aron do all women in romania look like dimitrescu??? asking for a friend who is now strongly considering buying a plane ticket to romania.

yeah. a friend.

AronDracula posted: »

I just learned that the vampire lady's name is Lady Dimitrescu. That is a romanian name and I am romanian myself. Considering the setting itself, our country do have history with vampires and draculas. My heart is just melting for excitement.

• Bonk

aron do all women in romania look like dimitrescu??? asking for a friend who is now strongly considering buying a plane ticket to romania. yeah. a friend.

• Okay then, guess I’m the only one here who still doesn’t care about RE8 or big-titted vampire girl.

• I wish I were you. Right now, I see pictures of this vampire lady and then read the comments people have them, getting me all:

INGEN IS GETTING UPSET

Okay then, guess I’m the only one here who still doesn’t care about RE8 or big-titted vampire girl.

• Not really.
    I say not really because I generally didn't pay any personal attention to Resident Evil and have yet to look into 8.

Okay then, guess I’m the only one here who still doesn’t care about RE8 or big-titted vampire girl.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.