The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Hey fuck you buddy I've got a shrine of Rodrik Forrester to which I pray to daily.

hey shot in the dark but does anybody else just consistently forget there's a game of thrones telltale game or is it just me

• The TFTB/GOT episode release years were probably my favourite era on the forums.

Pipas posted: »

Since it released during the time I was active on the forums the most, I remember it quite well. But I guess it's harder to come upon a ment

• Since we are on the subject of remembering old Telltale titles, let's talk about the project that never saw the light of day: Super Show. Actually, there is not much to talk about it because Telltale never said ANYTHING about it after announcing it. There is nothing to miss about it cause it lacked details. If I remember correctly, this game was gonna be made in association with Lionsgate, am I right? Annnnd...shit I guess that's it.

Why bother announcing it if they aren't even gonna give updates about it? Waste of information if you ask me.

• edited July 2021

It was supposed to be related to a TV show right? I don't remember much else.

AronDracula posted: »

Since we are on the subject of remembering old Telltale titles, let's talk about the project that never saw the light of day: Super Show. Ac

• I'm not sure. I forgot.

Menofthe214 posted: »

It was supposed to be related to a TV show right? I don't remember much else.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited July 2021

Okay, I just feel the need to chime in and say that good god almighty does this guy come across like a sanctimonious prick

I think I've said that in the past about this same guy, and I can now confirm that my opinion definitely hasn't changed in the intervening years, because what the fuck is that post you linked

I mean, I don't like to judge people, but there's some cases so egregious that it's honestly hard not to draw conclusions. Case in freakin' point right here. I've actually read YaYaH and thought it was alright for what it was, but this guy going around acting like his story is the 'definitive' S2, and that he's got some authority/intellectual high ground above everyone else in regards to understanding the inner machinations of this game and the intentions behind it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. There's being proud of your work, and then there's being a blowhard about it

And that's besides the fact that what you just linked to in particular reads like somebody taking their societal issues out on something completely unrelated to the thing they have an issue with in the first place. Simply put: if there's a valid point being made in there somewhere-- and that's a pretty big 'if'-- it is buried under a whole ton of "what the literal fuck are you even talking about"

DabigRG posted: »

During one of my occasional visits to Tumblr for random opinions on things I'm familiar with, I decided to revisit YaYaH for the first time

• It was going to be a sort of hybrid, where there would be TV content - a normal episode of TV - and video game content, where you play as the characters in the show, make choices. The impact of the choices you make in the video game would then be shown on the next TV episode comes out. At least, that's what I think.

I'm not sure. I forgot.

• HELLO Deltino. How is your DAY going?! Mine is going WELL!

Deltino posted: »

Okay, I just feel the need to chime in and say that good god almighty does this guy come across like a sanctimonious prick I think I've s

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

I feel like a pawn being subjected to the whims of vicious adult WHITE males

HELLO Deltino. How is your DAY going?! Mine is going WELL!

• you make one comment about game of thrones the telltale series and suddenly everybody in the general thread has an opinion on game of thrones and next thing you know BAM you've started a guardians of the galaxy hate train, how does this happen???

• You should be happy for encouraging discussion and activity. Gold star for you!

you make one comment about game of thrones the telltale series and suddenly everybody in the general thread has an opinion on game of thrones and next thing you know BAM you've started a guardians of the galaxy hate train, how does this happen???

• NHL free agency starts today, hoping for some big splashes from my Devils. If we can get some big guys, than along with getting Sebastian Maniscalco tickets, today would be a great day.

• LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Oh yeah. Never watched.

Trying to remember if it's one of the games I bought recently, but have yet to play like Guardians

hey shot in the dark but does anybody else just consistently forget there's a game of thrones telltale game or is it just me

• ...Hey man.

Yeah, politics be messin with near everything, for better or worse.

Deltino posted: »

Okay, I just feel the need to chime in and say that good god almighty does this guy come across like a sanctimonious prick I think I've s

• edited July 2021

If you're interested in Cyberpunk-Cat-Simulator STRAY, or any other upcoming projects from Annapurna Interactive, they did a little livestream of it all yesterday. Outer Wilds is getting an expansion too

edit 5:30pm: holy crap, I only just saw the stream now and...
    Holy. Crap.
    No Code and Annapurna are teaming up on a project? AHHHHHHHH OH MY GOD YESSS

• For whatever reason I can’t buy The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles by itself on Steam on my store region. It’s only giving me the option of buying the Turnabout Collection which includes the Phoenix Wright Trilogy that I already own and is also more expensive than I’d like it to be 😕

• That's pretty strange. Steam is usually the platform with the best store infrastructure (in my humble opinion).

Bundles update and get cheaper based on content owned, etc, etc.
    But it's not allowing you to get the GAAC? Does it say why?

lupinb0y posted: »

For whatever reason I can’t buy The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles by itself on Steam on my store region. It’s only giving me the option of b

• Thanks youtube for this recommendation.

• Nope, the option just isn’t there. The bundle doesn’t even provide a discount for owning the trilogy.

AChicken posted: »

That's pretty strange. Steam is usually the platform with the best store infrastructure (in my humble opinion). Bundles update and get cheaper based on content owned, etc, etc. But it's not allowing you to get the GAAC? Does it say why?

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1158850/The_Great_Ace_Attorney_Chronicles/
    Hmmm... going to Steam it shows up like this for me:

Bottom option being the game by itself.

Nope, the option just isn’t there. The bundle doesn’t even provide a discount for owning the trilogy.

• Fuckin Toys R Us, man

Thanks youtube for this recommendation.

• It seems that they fixed the issue. I now have the option to buy the game by itself
    \(‘0’)/

dojo32161 posted: »

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1158850/The_Great_Ace_Attorney_Chronicles/ Hmmm... going to Steam it shows up like this for me: Bottom option being the game by itself.

• Congrats to Xander Schauffele for winning gold for the US in golf. Dude has been near the top of the leaderboard for almost every major, but has never been able to pull it off. But today, he is an Olympic champion.

• Last night I had a dream that the Spider-Man No Way Home trailer came out... I woke up as soon as I clicked on the link :bawling:

• They had me for a second

• Oh my gosh Chris McLean in Poker Night would be legendary. I have never thought of this until now but I want it, I want it bad.

Poogers555 posted: »

They had me for a second

• Also, Frieza and Fred Sanford from Billy and Mandy, wtf?

Oh my gosh Chris McLean in Poker Night would be legendary. I have never thought of this until now but I want it, I want it bad.

• It’s been a long time. How are ya mate?

DabigRG posted: »

Also, Frieza and Fred Sanford from Billy and Mandy, wtf?

• Getting along fairly well, all things considered.

The world's still in a handbasket, but how are you?

dan290786 posted: »

It’s been a long time. How are ya mate?

• I watched The Suicide Squad and I really liked it. I thought it was great and it might be my favourite DCEU movie so far.

Spoiler tag to save space. No actual spoilers inside.

Unlike the original movie, I actually loved the squad in this. Every single one of them is incredibly likeable. They have really great chemistry and their relationship with one another is surprisingly wholesome and heartwarming despite all the horrible horrible violence and death that surrounds them. Bloodsport, Ratcatcher 2, King Shark, Polka Dot Man and Peacemaker are my favourite of the bunch, with honourable mentions going to TDK and Weasel who were absolutely hilarious. Speaking of Peacemaker, this is easily John Cena’s best acting role so far. He is absolutely fantastic in this. Viola Davis is once again, very good as Amanda Waller, who has one of my favourite standout moments in the movie. The movie also has the best use of Harley Quinn in the DCEU so far. Margo Robbie was really delightful.

The movie is also pretty damn funny. Not every joke hits and there are some bits that get dragged on a bit, but when it hits, it really hits. The movie is incredibly violent to the point that there were scenes that had me feeling pretty squeamish. It does not hold back when it comes to blood and gore. Pretty much everyone who dies is a balloon filled with blood that’s about ready to pop. The story itself isn’t anything particularly revolutionary but it goes to some weird and fun places. The action was also really great. Very well choreographed, stylish and just really entertaining to watch, particularly one with.

There wasn’t much about this movie that I didn’t like, but I will say the pacing is a bit finicky, with the movie screeching to a halt at moments to switch to different perspectives. It’s also maybe a bit too mean spirited at times.

TLDR;
    Iz very gud maybe go watch.

• New Vault Card for Borderlands 3 is Tales From the Borderlands inspired. I'd post more, but currently at work.

• edited August 2021

Oh? 👀 becomes interested

Oh... 😔 realizes its Gearbox

Do tell more more when you have the time tho. Or someone else. ...what's a vault card?
    Interested in how/if Gearbox could screw with that branch of the franchise.

New Vault Card for Borderlands 3 is Tales From the Borderlands inspired. I'd post more, but currently at work.

• edited August 2021

That's great to hear. I've heard a lot of praise about this film (especially in relation to the last one)
    And are you really going out to see these mega movies so fast after release? Black Widow and now this... I'm jealous of your speed, and possibly money Hahaha.

Have you heard David Ayer's comments recently about his old 2016 Suicide Squad film?
    In his specific director's cut, apparently the whole third act is different than what we were shown, and tonally the movie is a lot more grounded and serious (with less jukebox pop songs) than the final cut. And "if you say you've seen that version, you haven't seen that version"
    It's incredibly unlikely for DC to redo that film since they've just done Justice League, but it does make me wonder... could that movie even be saved? Ayer thinks so...

I watched The Suicide Squad and I really liked it. I thought it was great and it might be my favourite DCEU movie so far. Spoiler tag to save space. No actual spoilers inside. (Spoiler) TLDR; Iz very gud maybe go watch.

• So the Vault Cards are available for those who ordered the Director’s Cut of BL3. It’s sort of endgame, progression system content where, as you complete daily and weekly activities, you level up your character and have the opportunity to unlock cosmetics, weapons, and skins. Several of these skins are centered around Tales From the Borderlands, including a Gortys themed ECHO-skin, and heads/outfits that enable each of the Vault Hunters to look like TFTBL or previous BL characters. Amara can get a head/skin that looks like Sasha, FL4K is The Stranger, Zane is Shade, and Moze is Fiona.

Oh? 👀 becomes interested Oh... 😔 realizes its Gearbox Do tell more more when you have the time tho. Or someone else. ...what's a vault card? Interested in how/if Gearbox could screw with that branch of the franchise.

• once again I am reminded of the inevitability of Gearbox's TFTBL2

So the Vault Cards are available for those who ordered the Director’s Cut of BL3. It’s sort of endgame, progression system content where, as

• edited August 2021

For those of you who have seen Arlo the Alligator Boy on Netflix (not me, yet, might watch it tonight) Netflix apparently has an animated series based on the film coming very soon, called "I [Heart] Arlo"
    It'll be released in a batch of twenty 11-minute episodes.

Also, according to their Wikipedia page, Titmouse Inc., the production company behind it, not only has a lot of projects under their belt (including the movie), but completes short animated sequences for live-action projects, including things like: the animated sequence for Wandavision Episode 2, or the TVA Educational video in the first Loki episode. Neato.

• Finished the second Great Ace Attorney game an hour ago, fantastic entry in the Ace Attorney series, probably my second favorite.

• And are you really going out to see these mega movies so fast after release? Black Widow and now this... I'm jealous of your speed, and possibly money Hahaha.

Hehe, there was a good six months I hadn’t seen a movie in theatres so it’s fine to splurge a bit lol.

Have you heard David Ayer's comments recently about his old 2016 Suicide Squad film?
    In his specific director's cut, apparently the whole third act is different than what we were shown, and tonally the movie is a lot more grounded and serious (with less jukebox pop songs) than the final cut. And "if you say you've seen that version, you haven't seen that version"
    It's incredibly unlikely for DC to redo that film since they've just done Justice League, but it does make me wonder... could that movie even be saved? Ayer thinks so...

If David Ayer thinks that the problem with that movies theatrical release was the third act then he needs to pull his head out of his rear because the other two weren’t so hot either. Maybe his original vision of the final act could have improved the movie but it wouldn’t have changed the awkward dialogue and weird characterisations featured in the rest of the film.

For those of you who have seen Arlo the Alligator Boy on Netflix (not me, yet, might watch it tonight) Netflix apparently has an animated series based on the film coming very soon, called "I [Heart] Arlo"

Yeah, the movie is pretty much a pilot episode for the series. The movie’s really cute and charming, and the songs are really catchy.

For those of you who have seen Arlo the Alligator Boy on Netflix (not me, yet, might watch it tonight) Netflix apparently has an animated se

Sign in to comment in this discussion.