The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Retweet. I just saw The Suicide Squad and I loved it. The performances are great, the characters are great, and there is some absolutely hilarious jokes (one joke in particular in the first few minutes had me DYING. One of the funniest jokes I've seen in a long, long time).

This movie takes risks and makes utterly bizarre things (a talking bipedal shark, for one) feel real. The setting is varied and interesting (jungles, night clubs, palaces, laboratories). And there are themes, emotions in this movie too! It's not all jokes. Plus, this movie is 2 hours and 12 minutes long, but it feels long (which is a good thing for a good movie, in my opinion). James Gunn knocked it out of the park. I was really excited for this movie, and I was not disappointed.

lupinb0y posted: »

I watched The Suicide Squad and I really liked it. I thought it was great and it might be my favourite DCEU movie so far. Spoiler tag to save space. No actual spoilers inside. (Spoiler) TLDR; Iz very gud maybe go watch.

• edited August 2021

The Weasel drowning at the beginning was really funny. But seeing TDK's death killed me. I am surprised they killed off Captain Boomerang, after he did not get that much screentime in the first movie.
    Ratcatcher 2 was the emotional heart of it, which really surprised me.

Retweet. I just saw The Suicide Squad and I loved it. The performances are great, the characters are great, and there is some absolutely hil

• edited August 2021

OXENFREE II MOVED TO 2022
    ALSO COMING TO PS4 + PS5 (already announced for Switch)

official key art -- playstation blog post, new details

• Thanks for sharing the details! "Early 2022" means they'll miss the Christmas rush, but hopefully it'll be a better game for it.

AChicken posted: »

OXENFREE II MOVED TO 2022 ALSO COMING TO PS4 + PS5 (already announced for Switch) https://twitter.com/nightschoolers/status/1423366166127468545 official key art -- playstation blog post, new details

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited August 2021

The Weasel drowning was what I was referring it. Simply hilarious. Hearing him scream like that and splash around while everyone else was watching made so much funnier. Man, even thinking about it makes me laugh. TDK was funny too. Poor Boomerang, but I admire the movie for having guts killing off a recognizable - even popular - character in the opening. Also, to the surprise of no one, Pete Davidson was the first to die.
    Ratcatcher 2 was great. The actress did a great job, and I also thought Bloodsport's fear of rats was really funny combined with it.

(Spoiler)

• Yeah, probably just a Fall-to-Early Spring delay, which shouldn't be more than 3 to 4 months than what was intended.

I really like how they seem to be aging-up the protagonist and subject matter along with their intended audience.
    The first game featured a late-high-schooler, but this one features someone a bit more on the adult-side of the age range.

In Oxenfree II: Lost Signals, you play as Riley Poverly. If you’ve watched our teaser trailer, she’s the one with the flashlight, running around in that snazzy yellow vest. In Oxenfree, our characters were just finishing high school, and entering that period of time in their lives when they get to decide who they really want to be. Riley had that moment long ago, and is now grappling with the repercussions of post-adolescence. Were the choices she made the right ones for her? Is she who she really wants to be?

Those main themes sound right up my alley ehehehe... :grimace:

and then there's this interesting tease

I wish I could get into more of the game’s story, characters and villains and what happens if you go into the old mining town, Garland, and I want to show you all the weird time travel stuff and what Time Tears are but the rest of the team is dragging me away from the keyboard now.

sounds pretty creepy and engaging.

WarpSpeed posted: »

Thanks for sharing the details! "Early 2022" means they'll miss the Christmas rush, but hopefully it'll be a better game for it.

• U really won king tell them !!

• Maybe it's just me but I cannot bring myself to enjoy psychological horror movies. I try to but I get bored of them very quick and even if they are well made movies, I don't ever feel like watching them more than once. Now I don't watch movies twice very often but I do look at some certain moments of them on Youtube after watching the films. However, in case for this type of movies, after watching them, I just move on to something else.

• So it looks like the cast of the live action Avatar: The Last Airbender series has been leaked, at least it’s being reported by a reputable source. We know who will be playing Aang, Katara, Sokka, and Zuko. Source is: https://avatarnews.co/post/658807332760911872/aang-katara-sokka-and-zuko-casting-avatar-news

Gordon Cormier—Aang (Netflix’s Lost in Space and Paramount+’s The Stand)
    Kiawentiio Tarbell—Katara (Netflix’s Anne with an E)
    Ian Ousley—Sokka (Netflix’s 13 Reasons Why and Apple TV+’s Physical)
    Dallas Liu—Zuko (Hulu’s PEN15 and Marvel Studios’ Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings)

So I’ve never heard of these actors, nor have I seen anything they’re in, so I can’t judge them on quality. But, based on looks, I don’t really have any complaints so far. Ian as Sokka definitely captures the closest resemblance to the character. Dallas as Zuko could work, come back when he has a scar and we’ll talk. Gordon and Kiawentiio look fine. So far, not against the casting when it comes to capturing the characters’ appearances, but we’ll see how the rest of the show turns out when it’s released. Still hesitant after Bryke’s departure.

• Interesting leak... if this is indeed all true...

We can confirm Zutara to be a no-go! ;) That actor age difference just won't fly...

And yeah, they got the looks right (at least it's not a bunch of white people this time). Cool that Katara might actually be Indigenous/First Nations.

Dallas Liu is gonna have a busy year. Whoo! Jumping on from Shang Chi's release right onto Avatar's set in November.

And if this is all true, I wish Gordon Cormier the best. To be 11 and execute one of the most iconic children's character roles in live-action? That'd be impressive. Let's hope he can be the innocent child/wise old man we know the character to be... if Netflix sticks to the source material at least.
    (And hey! Looks like Sokka's still the older brother in this, so that age rumor was false!)

So it looks like the cast of the live action Avatar: The Last Airbender series has been leaked, at least it’s being reported by a reputable

• Not trying to be racist but Katara and Sokka, while they seem to have the right eyes, they aren't brown-skinned. Granted, we shouldn't judge these actors via to their races because it is possible for them to pull a Daniel Craig's James Bond. Innaccurate lookwise but great acting. Still, it could be a small warning.

And I hope they have enough time to finish shooting Gordon's scenes throughout the whole show before he grows up and looks/sounds different.

So it looks like the cast of the live action Avatar: The Last Airbender series has been leaked, at least it’s being reported by a reputable

• I think it’s clear that the timeline of events for the live action show are going to have to be different to account for years of filming and actors aging. Instead of by summer’s end, it will probably be a couple of years before Sozin’s Comet arrives.

AronDracula posted: »

Not trying to be racist but Katara and Sokka, while they seem to have the right eyes, they aren't brown-skinned. Granted, we shouldn't judge

• We can confirm Zutara to be a no-go!

One can hope. Then again, if they do go down that route, maybe it will get the crazy Zutara shippers out of the animated fandom and make it less toxic, and I’d be okay with that happening. Seriously, I can’t go onto certain Avatar boards because the toxicity is just too much. There’s only so many times you can stomach hearing “Bryke are racist,” “Aang is sexist,” “Aang used Katara,” “Mai is abusive,” etc. before it gets to the point you just stop going. The only sane place is Reddit.

Interesting leak... if this is indeed all true... We can confirm Zutara to be a no-go! That actor age difference just won't fly... A

• Can you english any better?

• dayum bro you got the whole squad laughing

• What on Earth…

• Some dude "comes back" on a new account to say that he's glad telltale is dead, that someone on the staff silenced him, and that he loves their games and still supports them if they make good games.

...Oh yeah and he said poogs jacks off to anime so uhhh yeah. That's the recap.

What on Earth…

• He what?

Some dude "comes back" on a new account to say that he's glad telltale is dead, that someone on the staff silenced him, and that he loves th

• Oh that’s what he was trying to say. Honestly, I had no clue, he was making absolutely no sense whatsoever and I gave up pretty quickly.

Some dude "comes back" on a new account to say that he's glad telltale is dead, that someone on the staff silenced him, and that he loves th

• edited August 2021

Yep, he kinda got mad over your breaking bad meme and proceeded to insult you numerous times about... something. His closing argument was about you and the evil anime, that's all I know.

[shrug]

Poogers555 posted: »

He what?

• Man really came back to say, “I lived bitch,” then immediately got put back down.

• If you're going to insult someone about anime, pick me.

• As you wish, dojo. Be warned, this is perhaps the single most offensive post anyone has ever written on the Internet:

DOJO. YOU MUST STOP YOU FOOL, STOP WATCHING ANIME. IT ROTS YOUR BRAIN! IT'S NOT REAL, IT'S JUST CARTOONS! CARTOONS MADE BY CARTOON MAKING PEOPLE WHO MAKE ANIME THAT ROTS YOUR BRAIN. ROTS YOUR BRAIN, I PROMISE. I GUARANTEE IT. INSTEAD OF WATCHING ANIME, GO PLAY A REAL GAME, LIKE PERSONA 5 OR DOKI DOKI LITERATURE CLUB OR LISTEN TO SOME MUSIC LIKE "ROUNDABOUT". NOW, EXCUSE ME, MY LAWYER MR. WRIGHT NEEDS ME.

dojo32161 posted: »

If you're going to insult someone about anime, pick me.

• How could you write something so heinous and offensive. I demand we immediately revoke InGen’s mod privileges and demand an apology.

#Cancel InGen

As you wish, dojo. Be warned, this is perhaps the single most offensive post anyone has ever written on the Internet: (Spoiler)

• Anime is for fools. I didn't finish Persona 5 because the art style is too ugly and I regret growing up with Naruto.

dojo32161 posted: »

If you're going to insult someone about anime, pick me.

• jesus fucking CHRIST ingen how could you say something so brutal and offensive?! i might have to go to therapy after reading that!

As you wish, dojo. Be warned, this is perhaps the single most offensive post anyone has ever written on the Internet: (Spoiler)

• This just in:
    Hot take -- Watching anime be like

Imagine watching anime, amirite?

I can and do.

It's fun. Most times. o:)

• aron you should watch death note so i can have somebody to talk to about death note

Anime is for fools. I didn't finish Persona 5 because the art style is too ugly and I regret growing up with Naruto.

• I’ve only ever seen the potato chip scene and I don’t think the rest of the anime can live up to that one moment.

aron you should watch death note so i can have somebody to talk to about death note

• i will not lie.

that is actually probably one of the best moments in the entire series.

I’ve only ever seen the potato chip scene and I don’t think the rest of the anime can live up to that one moment.

• While we're at it, everyone should play Yakuza.

This just in: Hot take -- Watching anime be like (Spoiler)

• I watched the first 2 episodes. It's really good but I lost my mood for it. Dunno when I'll recover

aron you should watch death note so i can have somebody to talk to about death note

• It's really good but I lost my mood for it.

I liked death note too tbh. But,Yea it is interesting anime. But,i got lost as well but,only in like 14 episodes. I think it is great anime. Just not my kind of anime. Bleach and AOT are my favorite unfortunately they are coming to end well the AOT season 4 part 2 is coming this year.

Bleach is coming back soon too. But,a final season most likely. The Thousand Year Blood War(TYBW) arc. I can't wait to see bleach back just to see that last arc get animated. Those are the things I have watching lately. Nothing else clicks in anime. I am pretty sure their are some cool anime shows. But,right now? I haven't seen anything so far

I watched the first 2 episodes. It's really good but I lost my mood for it. Dunno when I'll recover

• I liked death note too tbh. But,Yea it is interesting anime. But,i got lost as well but,only in like 14 episodes. I think it is great anime. Just not my kind of anime.

I do like it. Just need to make my time for it. Dunno when though.

strwar3 posted: »

It's really good but I lost my mood for it. I liked death note too tbh. But,Yea it is interesting anime. But,i got lost as well but,

• happened to me too, watched the first two episodes in 2018 and didn't finish it til this year. it's definitely worth the watch tho dude.

I watched the first 2 episodes. It's really good but I lost my mood for it. Dunno when I'll recover

• Sooo considering the lack of activity I guess the site was down for everyone?

I had problems with tons of websites so I couldn't know for sure.

• Couldn’t get on for two days on my end

captainivy1 posted: »

Sooo considering the lack of activity I guess the site was down for everyone? I had problems with tons of websites so I couldn't know for sure.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.