The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Anyone have any headache remedies? I've getting headaches the past few days and I don't wanna just keep chugging paracetamol lol.

• Ibuprofen, clears my headaches and migraines right up

lupinb0y posted: »

Anyone have any headache remedies? I've getting headaches the past few days and I don't wanna just keep chugging paracetamol lol.

• So, I'm not particularly hurting to do it and I was a little indifferent about doing so back when I finished Season 2. But it is one of those things where I just sorta settle down once in a while and think, "Oh yeah, that"
    Should I bother continuing TWDS with Season 3?

Like on one hand, a combination of sunk cost(albeit nowhere as unhealthy as with the games), the curiosity of getting to see Ezekiel, what's gonna happen after Shane, and pure vacancy about following up makes me consider it.

On the other though, already having known that Season 2 is apparently the best the show was(which is disconcerting in itself), heard mixed things about Michonne(who is one of the things that encouraged me turn up my nose on the series way back when, mind) & the Governor, Glenn not being as entertaining since Season 1, T-Dog obviously not amounting to much(as evidenced in never hearing of him without looking into the show), and the prospect of a show left without Dale are what made me comfortable with walking away.

• I’m at season 4. I would say season 3 is for the most part more entertaining than Season 2 though weaker in areas. Really most of the things I thing gripes with are the Governor himself.

(Not really spoilers but my thoughts on the character)

I feel like the Governor goes back and forth between being an interesting villain and doing things for the sake of being evil, to the point that some of the stuff he does almost seems out of character. It’s not a huge problem and I still really enjoyed Season 3, but since he’s a major focus of the season it’s a bit distracting.

But yeah I would recommend continuing to Season 3

DabigRG posted: »

So, I'm not particularly hurting to do it and I was a little indifferent about doing so back when I finished Season 2. But it is one of thos

• What’s your favorite Christmas song?

Most people: All I Want for Christmas is You, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, Let it Snow, Jingle Bells

Me, an intellectual:

• The casting in this is perfect.

AChicken posted: »

This is NOT the Spider-Man No Way Home trailer. This is for a fan-film called Lotus, out next year. Looks pretty interesting for a Sp

• edited October 2021

Happy Halloween from Adult Swim. Here's an ambitious and terrifying thing.

Edit: [[Scratch what I said here I was probably wrong]]

• Oh, so the later installments of the game were just being true to the source material then?

Cocoa2736 posted: »

I’m at season 4. I would say season 3 is for the most part more entertaining than Season 2 though weaker in areas. Really most of the things

• edited October 2021

I love it and want an entire miniseries based off this premise alone. Look how they massacred all my favourite cartoon characters.

I'm really surprised they let them use some of the more recent characters for this instead of just Hanna Barbera stuff.

EDIT

According to the creator, Dodge Greenley, if this short gets enough attention it might get greenlit for a full series, so this short seems to be a pitch/concept trailer instead of just a goofy/spooky thing!

Happy Halloween from Adult Swim. Here's an ambitious and terrifying thing. Edit: [[Scratch what I said here I was probably wrong]]

• I'm just surprised CN let them do anything like this with so many characters and background art too.

According to the creator, Dodge Greenley, if this short gets enough attention it might get greenlit for a full series.

Oh nice then I was sorta right in my original comment.

The rumor is that there's two trademarks related to this: Learning with Pibby, and Learning with Pibby: Apocalypse.

Apparently this is a pilot of sorts and yeah, the Creator could make a series out of this.

The first one I think is wrong. I looked it up and could only find the Apocalypse trademark filed.
    The Creator stuff though, that's true.

I love it and want an entire miniseries based off this premise alone. Look how they massacred all my favourite cartoon characters. I'm re

• Have you checked out Majestica's version of "A Christmas Carol"? I think they are making an adjustment this year, so don't rush out to buy the 2020 version if you like it just yet.

What’s your favorite Christmas song? Most people: All I Want for Christmas is You, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, Let it Snow, Jingle Bells Me, an intellectual:

• I shall not eat a single ounce more of food until a Wolf 2 news update arrives

• I have, but I didn't buy their album, just haven't had the money to spare for it.

Fun fact, Majestica's lead vocalist and guitarist, Tommy Johansson, is also the guitarist for Sabaton.

WarpSpeed posted: »

Have you checked out Majestica's version of "A Christmas Carol"? I think they are making an adjustment this year, so don't rush out to buy the 2020 version if you like it just yet.

• Poogs is secretly Norm MacDonald, he faked his death.

Poogers555 posted: »

I shall not eat a single ounce more of food until a Wolf 2 news update arrives

• Based username.

Poogs is secretly Norm MacDonald, he faked his death.

• So I watched Scooby Doo meets Courage The Cowardly Dog. This film was....pretty decent. You probably didn't know it was released because it's a direct-to-video film. It's just like the other typical Scooby Doo films that aired on TV. If you grew up with them and really enjoy those films, give this one a shot.

I am glad that this crossover happened but imo, it should have been made before Courage was cancelled or just in the old days of Cartoon Network. The hype for this movie kinda went down to zero after the first trailer, given the fact that a lot of us forgot it came out. But at least it's better than Scoob 2020.

For some reason, the creator of Courage was not involved in this crossover. But I am really glad to see they hired the significant voice actors to play their certain characters, like Matthew Lillard as Shaggy and Grey Griffin as Daphne. And see Marty Grabstein and Thea White reprise their roles as Courage and Muriel after almost 2 decades. The guy who played Eustace is the third voice actor to play the certain character since the previous ones sadly passed away. Even more sad considering Thea White also left the world just 4 months ago before this movie came out.

• Before I forget, happy Halloween everyone! My costume this year was Beetlejuice, and it got some great reception. Lots of fun.

• So I keep wondering this. Can someone explain to me why you can't change the theme on the PS5 along with premium avatar pictures? Because on the PS4 you can.

• edited November 2021

As a follow up to my post from a few days ago, we now have 8 MORE preview pages, this time courtesy of IGN, from Clementine: Book One. These are the first 8 pages of the book and are in chronological order, unlike the four from last week that were at random points.

First one, Tangerine just walking through woods on her crutches, not even with the peg leg she had in Clementine Lives. Nope, here, Tangerine is just on crutches with her stump leg. Just as a reminder, she left the safety of Ericson's and the people she supposedly cared for and loved, with a missing leg, because she wasn't happy and thinks she can find happiness alone and on the road. And most of these pages are her in either pain or complaining about how hard it is. God does Tillie Walden get this character!

The next two pages are Tangerine finding a barn and deciding to rest for the night. She replaces the bandages on her stump, lamenting how she doesn't have a car and complaining about how much pain she's in from walking, while looking over a map of the northeastern United States before going to bed. I'd feel sympathy, but that would imply that I care about anything that happens to her. She made her bed, now she sleeps in it.

Pages 4-5 are the dream with Lee, with page 5 being one of the pages released last week of him dumping her and leaving her to the walkers (again, really looking forward to Tillie's understanding of their relationship, /s).

Tangering wakes up and spends pages 6-7 wandering...again. Between this and Clementine Lives, most of these pages are just people walking and wandering aimlessly with little to no dialogue. Then again, maybe I shouldn't be complaining since the dialogue we do get is already problematic. There's also this weird series of panels of Tangerine coming across a walker trapped under a tree and the two looking at each other, with Tangerine showing a look of guilt and remorse for absolutely no reason. Not really sure what the idea is here.

The final page is Tangerine hiding behind some rocks when 3 Amish looking women armed with guns come walking by, and Tangerine accidentally alerts them to her presence. I would have said that the idea of Amish people with guns sounds incredibly idiotic, and the fact that it is women doing it in a very patriarchal/male dominated society makes it worse, but I did do some research on this. Turns out, the Amish will use guns to hunt, so Tillie is accurate there, however, and this is the part that is dumb, they are very strict on NEVER using them against other people. It is considered sinful and they adamantly follow views of non-violence and pacifism, even when it comes to self-defense. This page literally has one of them pointing the gun towards Tangerine, and another getting ready to aim. The other odd thing, only one of them is armed with a hunting rifle (which are common among the Amish), and the other two are armed with traditional hand guns and pistols, which are at best rare to at worst non-existent to the Amish. However, and this is to Tillie's credit, it does turn out that Amish women are also avid hunters and are taught to hunt like men are, it's only seen as weird/frowned upon once they become mothers. These women do not appear to be around that age, so it does check out. So she got some things right and some things wrong with this.

Look, I know I might be upsetting people who may have been familiar with Tillie's work before taking on this position, but I got to be honest, from what I've seen, she is a horrible writer. And when you actively destroy the love I had for this character, I'm sorry, but I have no respect for you as a writer. Almost every thing I see come out of this just makes me feel worse and worse, and the fact that there are two more books after this, GOD!

And to add onto that point, how is this going to even end? There are two ways it ends, just two, no more and no less, it's a simple binary. Either it ends with Clem settling in with this new community and completely abandoning her past life, or she realizes the error of her ways and tries to return to Ericson's and be with AJ. If it's the former, then you just finished destroying Clem's character. If it's the latter, then what the hell was the point of the story? If she just ends up right back where she was with nothing changed, then what did this add to her overall character? What was the point of this adventure for her to just be right back at the beginning?

• small brain: standard christmas music

huge brain: christmas truce

galaxy brain:

What’s your favorite Christmas song? Most people: All I Want for Christmas is You, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, Let it Snow, Jingle Bells Me, an intellectual:

• I agree that everything released thus far has been bad at best in regards to the previous seasons that this is supposed to be built on, but this part is a little absurd:

however, and this is the part that is dumb, they are very strict on NEVER using them against other people. It is considered sinful and they adamantly follow views of non-violence and pacifism, even when it comes to self-defense. This page literally has one of them pointing the gun towards Tangerine, and another getting ready to aim. The other odd thing, only one of them is armed with a hunting rifle (which are common among the Amish), and the other two are armed with traditional hand guns and pistols, which are at best rare to at worst non-existent to the Amish

As far as I am concerned, we have no idea what the lawbook of the Amish would look like in a zombie apocalypse. It's considered sinful and, to be honest, illegal, to use weapons and kill someone in our "normal" culture too. Just like us "normal" folks, they more than likely had to reconsider once the apocalypse set in, when people became dangerous (more dangerous, I should say).

As for the handguns, it would hardly be improbable that they'd come across some guns throughout the years, or have gotten attacked by some faction or whatever.

As a follow up to my post from a few days ago, we now have 8 MORE preview pages, this time courtesy of IGN, from Clementine: Book One. These

• edited November 2021

I understand where you're coming from, but from the pages we got earlier where we see Amos, he seems like the traditional, Amish teenager that one would expect. That, and considering how seclusive Amish communities tend to be, I don't think I'm wrong, or at least off track, in assuming that they would stay pretty close to their beliefs and way of life, even in a zombie apocalypse. Obviously with some changes to account for the change in the world, but I wouldn't be surprised to see their way of life for the most part unchanged from how it is today. Hell, let's use Covid as an example. While the rest of the world shut down, people quarantined in their homes, and most wore masks everywhere they went, the Amish didn't do most if any of that. They viewed not working as worse than dying from Covid (that's not a joke, I remember reading an article and someone actually said something to that effect), refused to go to hospitals, and carried on with their lives as if nothing was going on in the rest of the world. In the face of a global pandemic, their society was, for the most part, unaffected.

The Amish, as I said, are WAY more strict in their views of non-violence and pacifism then even people bound by the laws of today. Most would kill for self-defense, but the Amish are even against that. Even the Catholic Church argues that it is morally good so long as the intent is the preservation of your own life. And if their way of life has not overall been changed or affected (debate is obviously still out there considering it's not out yet), then this is still something they should be following very closely.

EDIT: Found the article: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2021/10/10/attkisson_how_amish_communities_became_the_first_to_acheive_herd_immunity_from_covid-19_in_may_2020.html

Lapp says they weren’t denying coronavirus, they were facing it head on.

Lapp: It’s a worse thing to quit working than dying. Working is more important than dying. But to shut down and say that we can't go to church, we can't get together with family, we can't see our old people in the hospital, we got to quit working? It's going completely against everything that we believe. You're changing our culture completely to try to act like they wanted us to act the last year, and we're not going to do it.

captainivy1 posted: »

I agree that everything released thus far has been bad at best in regards to the previous seasons that this is supposed to be built on, but

• So I had a discussion with my step-dad and we talked about the divorce between him and my mother. My mother had an affair with one of the employees from her work and now she is living with him. My step was very upset and that is because after everything he has done for the whole family, she decided to humiliate him.

He told me how much my mother refused to appreciate his effort and sacrifices. I honestly don't know who to believe right now because my sister also offended him with stuff, despite the things he did for her. He doesn't exactly know what he did to deserve this treatment. I can't tell either. I mean I do remember moments where he lost his temper, for either good reasons or some flimsy ones but I did get over them for a while.

I sobbed a lot and I am not sure what to do. I either keep staying out of this situation or speak with my real dad, as he suggested me to, and talk about his divorce experience. I think my mother fucked it up and I am worried about my future. I can't tell if I made a bad or a good decision to keep my mother's secrets away from my step-dad until he discovered the truth himself.

• edited November 2021

I'll take one order of hugs

Today was daaang stressful

• edited November 2021

Metallica hugs incoming

I'll take one order of hugs Today was daaang stressful

• Just realized that I will indeed starve.

• Relationships are complicated. There are entire professions dedicated to trying to work them out. Just realize that everyone involved has their own reasons why things happened and why their actions were justified. You're fine, probably doing better than most, by trying to understand different sides. If you had told step-dad about your mom earlier, it wouldn't have worked out any better.

So what happens with you? You just have to hang in there and do the best you can to get through it, learn, and try not to model your future relationships after these.

If you ask for other viewpoints, make sure you don't make the other person defensive. Emphasize that you just want to understand it all, and you're not judging who was right and who was wrong. Chances are it's not that clear cut anyway.

AronDracula posted: »

So I had a discussion with my step-dad and we talked about the divorce between him and my mother. My mother had an affair with one of the em

• Pretty much what WarpSpeed said. Sorry I don’t have any other advice to possibly help you out man, I really am. Perhaps it could help if you go and talk to someone, whether that be a close, personal friend or even a professional, because I’d hate to see you feel guilty over something you didn’t have any control over.

So I had a discussion with my step-dad and we talked about the divorce between him and my mother. My mother had an affair with one of the em

• I'm sorry you're caught in the middle of all this, I can't imagine what it must be like.

Agreed with what the others have said here. It's best to get all perspectives here, and know that maybe not everyone is definitively "right or wrong". This stuff is complicated and it's best to reach out to someone else to confide in, hopefully.

• Wholesome Metallica. Never thought I'd see the day.
    Thanks.

@Poogers555
    Just realized that I will indeed starve.

You're already starving for Wolf content and now you were planning on starving for food? Poogs, this isn't how you stay alive to see Wolf 2 come to fruition! That's like... double hunger! Those kinds of stats stack!

Metallica hugs incoming

• Been thinkin bout how Tales ending 6 fucking years ago and is about to turn 7 what the FUCK

idk why but lately looking back at Telltale Games has been getting me sentimental. Almost been 3 full years without a New Telltale Game. Obviously there are plenty of other Telltale-like games, but it is strange thinking about how long it has been since a "Telltale Game" released and that face more are actually on the way. I hope Wolf 2 turns out great and comes soon.

Anyway, to awkwardly celebrate the the conclusion of tales 6 years ago and Tales turning 7 in a few weeks, I just wanted to post some funny screenshots and ones I just like from the game because

• My disappointment is immeasurable and my night is ruined

• edited November 2021

Imagine if a couple years from now, after mocking him and making fun of him for so long, the trailers for both come out and he does the most spot on impression of Mario and Garfield that are indistinguishable from the original voice actors.

I mean that probably ain't happening, but it'd be pretty funny if it did.

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1455281964924260353 My disappointment is immeasurable and my night is ruined

• I don't have anything against Chris Pratt, but these casting decisions are pretty boring.

He's done other good original VA work, sure... Lego Movie and Onward were good fun. But... why, in the span of 5 weeks, is he announced to be headlining two major pop culture films? Damn it, Hollywood... Damn it...

Would be cool if he somehow manages to pull it off but I don't have that much faith it'll be any different than what he's done before.
    (Plus I'm still of the belief that Charles Martinet could have done a grounded take on Mario for 90 minutes, if given the chance.)

At least the best part about this is we get this fantastic prediction by jacksfilms just a few days ago.

Imagine if a couple years from now, after mocking him and making fun of him for so long, the trailers for both come out and he does the most

• Jacksfilms either has insider information or he's a prophet. I choose to believe the latter.

I don't have anything against Chris Pratt, but these casting decisions are pretty boring. He's done other good original VA work, sure...

• I just.... Don't really care.
    It's not like either are going to be groundbreaking cinema.

• I'll take a bad answer.

Are people still here? Are they waiting for a reason to post? I...I don't have a good answer to this question.

• edited November 2021

The thing is that it's not about whether the movies will actually be good (they probably won't), but about voice actors getting shafted in favour of more recognisable names even if it doesn't make any sense. Garfield I think can have a bit more leeway, but Charles Martinet has been the voice of Mario since the 90's and will continue to do so until the day he dies, it only feels right that he should be given the opportunity to voice him in the movie.

Johro posted: »

I just.... Don't really care. It's not like either are going to be groundbreaking cinema.

• Oh okay. Yeah, I'm not a fan of token celebrity voices unless they bring something new to the table... which they sometimes do. Except Brad Pitt. Never Brad Pitt.

The thing is that it's not about whether the movies will actually be good (they probably won't), but about voice actors getting shafted in f

• @WarpSpeed @MetallicaRules @AChicken Thank you for your kind words. Stuff like this just infuriates me a lot because I don't even have time for it. I am still in college and I just want to focus on it.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.