Mira's 'trial'

So what happened to the kings justice in The Game of Thrones universe. I was beheaded because Morgryn said I killed a guard (which I actually didn't in my playthrough) they had no evidence I did it all, I threw the knife away in the garden.

Comments

• Morgryn is a powerful man. Why would they listen to a lowly handmaiden and it's not like Margaery can help since she has no power she's not a Queen. Mira has been fucked since she's set foot on King's landing. It's depressing that's how her arc ends, but not everyone can win in the "game of thrones".

• Sadly they don't really need evidence. In their eyes if they think you're guilty you're guilty, end of story.

• Still there is a justice system in westoros, you are aloud to have people speak in your defence 3 people who could have and were at the trial didn't utter a fucking word.

Morgryn is a powerful man. Why would they listen to a lowly handmaiden and it's not like Margaery can help since she has no power she's not

• There was Tom (A coal boy), Sera (A handmaiden), and Margaery (Who isn't a queen). Margaery they might have listened too, but refused her request for Mira's freedom, but would they listen to Tom or Sera. Nah I doubt it.

Still there is a justice system in westoros, you are aloud to have people speak in your defence 3 people who could have and were at the trial didn't utter a fucking word.

• edited November 2015

I wonder if Mira saying "You have the wrong person" will spark an investigation by the coal boy and her "friend".

• This is medieval-ish world, justice is only for nobility.

• edited November 2015

Actually, Mira is from a third-tier noble house.

And she could have asked for trial by combat. Dunk is just a knight (and nobody believes he is a knight) and he asks for a trial by combat. Problem is, she would need a champion.

This is medieval-ish world, justice is only for nobility.

• This, Mira is the daughter of some minor Lord who by all accounts is a traitor . She's just a handmaiden

This is medieval-ish world, justice is only for nobility.

• Yeah I ve realzied that just right after I posted it. I ve meant people that are important and they can pay others to speak in their favour.

Also you are totally right with the trial by combat thing but would somebody fight for us? And would it be somebody skilled?

Abeille posted: »

Actually, Mira is from a third-tier noble house. And she could have asked for trial by combat. Dunk is just a knight (and nobody believes he is a knight) and he asks for a trial by combat. Problem is, she would need a champion.

• Well, Dunk also thought no one would fight for him. Maybe we could have gotten a last-minute help. People who ask for trial by combat usually are given some time to find a champion.

But I don't think Mira surviving (I mean, not being determinant) was ever part of TellTale's plan, so they didn't bother to exhaust the options first.

Yeah I ve realzied that just right after I posted it. I ve meant people that are important and they can pay others to speak in their favour.

• Do you think tyrion is going to be sad over her death ?

This, Mira is the daughter of some minor Lord who by all accounts is a traitor . She's just a handmaiden

• NO, he has much bigger problems.

Do you think tyrion is going to be sad over her death ?

• edited November 2015

Yeah but Dunk had Aegon. That is little bit different.

Well, Dunk also thought no one would fight for him. Maybe we could have gotten a last-minute help. People who ask for trial by combat usuall

• Yeah, but because of the kind of trial ("trial of the seven", was it?), he still had to find five more people to fight for him. I mean, sure, maybe in the end she wouldn't find anyone, but she could have tried.

Yeah but Dunk had Aegon. That is little bit different.

• edited November 2015

It is true that it would be nice to have the choice. (yep, it is trial of seven)

Yeah, but because of the kind of trial ("trial of the seven", was it?), he still had to find five more people to fight for him. I mean, sure, maybe in the end she wouldn't find anyone, but she could have tried.

• I think he has more urgent business at the time. I don't think he even knows, and if he does (because Cersei might rub it under his nose), I doubt he'd care all that much. Mira was an opportunity to have fun with Andros and Morgryn to him, he probably didn't really see her as a business partner. Or maybe he just wanted someone more naive to deal with him.

Do you think tyrion is going to be sad over her death ?

• I know! I thought there was going to be a trial and I could be all like, "So...you have a weapon that you can't prove was ever in my possession, no body, and the word of a dishonorable man who started a baseless rumor because he just so happens to be pissed at me because I was clever enough to steal an ironwood deal to the crown right out from under him?"

And yes, I kept the ironwood decree...it would've been so full-circle and satisfying (if a little dangerous) if she could've used it to clear her name by casting doubt on Morgryn's claims and thus proving that he had an ulterior motive to want her dead enough to frame her for murder. Hell, Tyrion probably could've testified on Mira's behalf at this bit of evidence and confirmed her side of the story. I would've loved to see the look on Morgryn's face after realizing that he had not only lost twice to Mira, but was also very publically shamed in the process. His reputation would've divebombed all because he fucked with the wrong handmaiden.

But nooooo...it was straight to the chopping block. No trial, no justice system, no investigation, just straight-up hunt her down and remove her head. When I learned of this (a bit too late), I thought, "...Well, shit. It's either execution right there or get raped for the rest of her life? ...Fuck it. If Mira's going to die, she's going to do it with dignity and pride!" And so she did. A pity Telltale didn't allow us the option for an actual trial though.

• The only person that can fight who is (sort of?) close to Mira would be Tarwick. He mentioned he was a knight or a soldier, I can't remember which, though that was probably a while ago, who knows if he's still in fighting shape or would even have been willing to do it, they weren't that close and only met once.

Yeah I ve realzied that just right after I posted it. I ve meant people that are important and they can pay others to speak in their favour.

• They did have evidence. Lucan saw her in the courtyard with Damien on the last day he was seen alive. Sadly, it's not enough evidence, but in King's Landing it is.

• I had a case set up and everything, I would have called for trial by combat if it came to that. I would have called for Margery, he'll she didn't like me but she'd care enough to save me from dying! Right?

If I'd had a trial I would have outsmarted them all, I burnt the decree and got rid of the knife but no they still came after me with the only evidence they had was seeing me the night that guard die. Besides Sera owed me! I could have claimed I was with Sera doing each other's hair.

I'm not complaining though sure, it absolutely killed to see Mira die, but I liked the way she died, honourably. I think it played out nicely.

• That should have been an option. Once Mira refused the marriage proposal, we could think she's doomed until: "I demand a trial by combat!"

Actually, Mira is from a third-tier noble house. And she could have asked for trial by combat. Dunk is just a knight (and nobody believes he is a knight) and he asks for a trial by combat. Problem is, she would need a champion.

• That would have been a great time for "being loyal to Margaery" to matter. If you're steadfastly loyal, she'll appear at the "trial," speak on your behalf, and set you free. If you embarrass and disobey her too much, she won't appear and you die.

• You think Mira's death and defeat was planned from the start?

Well, Dunk also thought no one would fight for him. Maybe we could have gotten a last-minute help. People who ask for trial by combat usuall

• I think so too.

I think he has more urgent business at the time. I don't think he even knows, and if he does (because Cersei might rub it under his nose), I

• Now I do think so, yeah. It was a good way to show us the dangers of playing the game. It is a shame that we can't play as her anymore, though. I think just defeat and not death would have been a better option because this is a game. If it was part of the books, it would be a good ending for her I think.

Harian96 posted: »

You think Mira's death and defeat was planned from the start?

• Mira made it out alive in my version

• Still there is a justice system in westoros

Suuuuuure.

Just ask Tyrion.

• He probably doesn't even know.

NO, he has much bigger problems.

• She was from a minor house that helped the Starks, and nobody seems to be backing her up. It could be possible they just skipped the trial, because it was a forgone conclusion like poor Tyrion. Also I doubt anyone would fight for her, so trial by combat was not going to happen.

• Sorry for offtop, I've lost my saves, so i'm speedrunning now and i forgot to pick up the darndest key in ep2, will it matter much in the last episode?

• A king died, they had to punish someone.

XDarkAngelX posted: »

Still there is a justice system in westoros Suuuuuure. Just ask Tyrion.

• Doesn't matter at all. Marg just says that her seal is locked away and she can't find the key; you can decide to give it back or not.

Sorry for offtop, I've lost my saves, so i'm speedrunning now and i forgot to pick up the darndest key in ep2, will it matter much in the last episode?

• Thank you very much, good sir.

Doesn't matter at all. Marg just says that her seal is locked away and she can't find the key; you can decide to give it back or not.

• Actually, if clever enough, this could be rebuttled fairly easily. Hell, one could even use said rebuttal to point the finger at Morgryn; after proving that he had motive to want her dead, Mira could claim that he sent the guard to kill her. Making his plans to do so, the guard set up a nightly meeting just for this reason and...couldn't go through with it. Instead, the guard warned Mira, telling her that she had angered someone with great resources - someone whom he'd rather not name for fear of meeting an end he had planned for her and suggested that she be careful. Afterward, Mira departed, returning to her room. After this, we can then turn the attention to Morgryn as the culprit, audibly pondering if he was conniving and determined to see Mira dead enough to spy on the meeting, kill the guard with his own knife, use his resources to get rid of the body, toss the weapon into the bushes, and then later start up a rumor that it was Mira who did it just so that she would be executed for the crime.

We could even push this point further by demonstrating the situational evidence that pointed to Morgryn, such as a certain question: where is the body? Mira's just a handmaiden - scrawny, petite, and not at all resourceful. Even if she did know where she could've hidden a body where it wouldn't have been found, she'd be incapable of performing such a feat on her own...and, of course, Lucan did see her on her own. A resourceful man like Morgryn, however, would've had no trouble seeing to its disappearance - even going so far as to pay his helpers a little extra for their silence.

So...defeated twice, publically shamed, and receiving a taste of his own medicine by having suspicion of murder turned to him. Man, I really wish Telltale gave us an actual trial.

They did have evidence. Lucan saw her in the courtyard with Damien on the last day he was seen alive. Sadly, it's not enough evidence, but in King's Landing it is.

• Well someone wanted Mira alive, we got Tom, they'd send a champion, otherwise why waste the time?

AgentZ46 posted: »

The only person that can fight who is (sort of?) close to Mira would be Tarwick. He mentioned he was a knight or a soldier, I can't remember

• No one ever said it was a good one

XDarkAngelX posted: »

Still there is a justice system in westoros Suuuuuure. Just ask Tyrion.

• edited November 2015

It was poorly handled by Telltale. I really hope for season 2 they don't make as many plotholes.

• And would it be somebody skilled?

I bet Tom has some sick ninja assassin moves. He manages to kill Damien after all.

• It literally doesn't matter how 'powerful' you are.

Tyrion got a trial by combat afterall.

I mean if THERE'S reasonable doubt? If there's cause for dissent and we don't know? Then yes, you can request trial by combat and get the hell out of there.

Ned Stark doesn't count because he idiotically committed his crime infront of every royal faction in Kings' Landing and denounced the King.

Morgryn is a powerful man. Why would they listen to a lowly handmaiden and it's not like Margaery can help since she has no power she's not

Sign in to comment in this discussion.