Season Two AU by Badgershite (Fan-made)

Comments

• Oh me too, definitely. That was what I was preparing for when I brought him along not the actual events that happened... It has been a year and his death still gets to me. :(

JakeSt123 posted: »

Finn was the man. I think if there had been a life or death choice between him and Cotter, I would've picked Finn.

• Here's another one of those audio 'Next Time' posts!

These are really fun to make, and I hope they make you more hyped for Part Three : D

• These are so good! Did I hear Gared say "but you're dead"?

Here's another one of those audio 'Next Time' posts! These are really fun to make, and I hope they make you more hyped for Part Three : D

• edited July 2016

Did I hear Gared say "but you're dead"?

You did!

AgentZ46 posted: »

These are so good! Did I hear Gared say "but you're dead"?

• edited July 2016

"Kill any man, woman or child bearing the name Whitehill!" Is that line really in the game files or is it just pieced together? Cause it's awesome!

Here's another one of those audio 'Next Time' posts! These are really fun to make, and I hope they make you more hyped for Part Three : D

• It was pieced together from two separate lines: "Kill anyone that moves!" from episode 4, and "any man, woman or child bearing the name Whitehill!" from episode 6. I'm not sure what the context for the latter is, but the former was an order Rodrik could give the Glenmores before beating Gryff up.

"Kill any man, woman or child bearing the name Whitehill!" Is that line really in the game files or is it just pieced together? Cause it's awesome!

• The second part is Rodrik saying "Any man, woman or child bearing the name Whitehill will pay the price for his death" referring to Asher.

It was pieced together from two separate lines: "Kill anyone that moves!" from episode 4, and "any man, woman or child bearing the name Whit

• Shit, the moment I saw this I just went "WHYYYYY, why FINN, but not COTTER, that's UNFAAAIIIIR", but I do realize that from the story-telling point of view it's the right choice. Cotter's death, while killing me from the inside, made sense & was important for the plot & Gared's character development, while Finn just got tossed aside due to being determinant, which was a complete waste of his potential. It's the right choice to try & mend such plot-holes in the au, while just reviving all the dead heroes would be too fan-wanky. Still, Cotter was a great friend & a true hero & he needs to be mentioned, he can't just be forgotten, that'd be completely not okay. If he was sacrificed for blood magic, i NEED this to be remembered & appreciated by other characters (I also hope Sylvi will be mad if that was the case, but now I feel like I'm just asking for too much at once, sorry xD). Another thing that would be cool is if that goddamn dagger from episode two had an appearance or we got to learn it's fate somehow, but hEY, I'm asking for too much stuff again (this is just something I wanted to happen in the actual game that never came true).

Okay, so I just had an idea for Gared's POVs in part 3, but I need opinions on them. The AU is complete fan-wank, so I want to know what the fans would think of this.

• edited July 2016

Me: listens to Talia & Rod saying vengeful stuff; sees the part's name being the words of the house Torrhen leads; learns about Gwyn who has personal agenda against her younger brother getting a bigger role; remembers the total amount of enemies & traitors Gryff has around; builds a giant wall around the fourthborn & hangs a "trespassers will be shot on sight" sign :)

I love how much work you put in hyping us, Badger, with all that cool stuff like small yet intriguing spoilers, a promo, a VA thing - no one's bored while waiting for the final. A ton of sub-plots & unanswered questions I'm dying to learn answers for - this is going to be epic, I can already tell. Also, listening through Talia's part of the audio made me think - she is far from where the battles are going to hold place, so can this mean that "make him pay" can be addressed to the only person around she could potentially view as an enemy, which is... Ebbert? :o Just something to think about.

• edited July 2016

accidentally sent the same comment twice, ignore this.

• Guesses for the POV in tomorrow's post?

(Here's a hint - you're not gonna guess it : ] )

• My bet is Gwyn. I think, it'll be something like the previous "Torrhen's" or "Gryff's" scenes, which means no actual choices, but just taking a look at what's going on at the Whitehill's side of things.

Or it's gonna be an OC/someone who hasn't been involved in the au so far (i dunno, you saying we won't guess made me think so)).

Guesses for the POV in tomorrow's post? (Here's a hint - you're not gonna guess it : ] )

• edited July 2016

Quite the discouraging hint.

I was gonna say Gared but now I'm not sure. Ebbert?

Guesses for the POV in tomorrow's post? (Here's a hint - you're not gonna guess it : ] )

• Today's the day Part Three begins - no one's correctly guessed what we'll be seeing first, but you'll only have to wait a couple more hours : )

• checks date 1st of August? That can only mean one thing...

Well, two. I have to change my calender first but...

PART THREE HYPE.

enter image description here

• This is gonna be awesome!

Today's the day Part Three begins - no one's correctly guessed what we'll be seeing first, but you'll only have to wait a couple more hours : )

• I'm gonna guess for Mira. Might be like a flashback or something

• It's happening.

I am have become hype.

& ready to weep over my children.

• Haha, I didn't realise people would be so hyped : O

Only 1h15m to go until I post : D

checks date 1st of August? That can only mean one thing... Well, two. I have to change my calender first but... PART THREE HYPE.

• edited August 2016

Part 3.01

It's here, and I don't think it's something any of you were expecting. This scene will only last a couple of days, then we're back to the main POVs.

I'll update this post soon with links to wiki pages for the new characters in this post : )

• Alright, first of all, c'mere Colton, you're my son, I'm gonna be raising you now. Your brother was a smart, capable man, and you'll be even better when you're all grown up, buddy ;3 Randyll, Cregan, would you please kindly stay away from that boy, because I am kinda gonna break some valuable parts of your bodies if you don't?

Second of all, JESUS FUJIN CHRIST, I'm so happy we get a look at Warrick's Bastion. Exactly what you'd expect it to be - grotesquely dark, depressing & giving you a feeling of hopelessness. My feelings about that family are so torn - like, I really hate Randyll & Cregan (bed slaves? Torrhen, I'll judge you fucking hard if you do nothing about this shit), yet I understand perfectly where they come from. House Warrick needs some serious life quality boost, otherwise 90% of what comes out of it will remain trash (given that ROSLIN is half a Warrick tho, I do think they got potential). I doubt house Whitehill had been in good enough place to do anything about them lately or that Torrhen with bother with it even if he has a chance, but when Whitehills get themselves a decent lord (cough, Karl the second, cough), I like to believe things will change. Something needs to be done about the crimes they commit, as well as the fact they are at the bottom, with little to no options to improve. I think, it was mentioned somewhere on tumblr, that Taena could possibly come live at Highpoint too when Ros is older? If new generation of Whitehills learn things about her birth house from her, as well as see not all Warricks are that bad, it might give them some right motivation.

To sum up the rant, I hope Boros shows up in this scene (he went with his father, if I remember correctly?), to see what his place in family hierarchy & relationships with others are. One of my faves in the au, y'know, the typical trash shit fave.

Part 3.01 It's here, and I don't think it's something any of you were expecting. This scene will only last a couple of days, then we're b

• HA! That's awesome. I was hoping we'd see Cregan, I find him really cool.

Part 3.01 It's here, and I don't think it's something any of you were expecting. This scene will only last a couple of days, then we're b

• (bed slaves? Torrhen, I'll judge you fucking hard if you do nothing about this shit)

His wife agrees 100% u_u

Considering the shit Greta's gone through in her past she wouldn't stand for that. Even if Cregan is super scary and cut off her uncle's arm and had his men kill her grandmother and kidnap her nephew and....

Anyway. Greta needs to start a women's shelter at Highpoint. Torrhen and her have a tendency to take in strays anyway haha.

Krapinka posted: »

Alright, first of all, c'mere Colton, you're my son, I'm gonna be raising you now. Your brother was a smart, capable man, and you'll be even

• edited August 2016

I feel like it needs to be a shelter for all abuse/violence/rape victims, male or female, bc yeah, with guys like Cregan running around, no one's safe. I want to friggin kidnap Colton, I don't even doubt Cregan loves to bully him, I'll be surprised if he doesn't try to scare/make him uncomfortable in one of the following pictures. Randyll, plz, for once do something good & make sure he stays away from your son :/

I'm also interested in Ormund, I've wanted to see him for a long time. Highly doubtful that he's at least semi-decent, since he does nothing even about his heir taking bedslaves, but who knows. Warricks are trash, but also, in a way, that kind of oh-god-whattheshit-i-wanna-poke-u-with-stick-more-nd-more trash, eh? Kinda charismatic, with all that over-the-top stuff, like scars & face tattoos.

(bed slaves? Torrhen, I'll judge you fucking hard if you do nothing about this shit) His wife agrees 100% u_u Considering the shi

• Who should we be more worried about? Randyll, Cregan or Ormund?

• I'm so happy we get a look at Warrick's Bastion. Exactly what you'd expect it to be - grotesquely dark, depressing & giving you a feeling of hopelessness.

During this scene there was also supposed to be light snowfall to signify that Winter Is Coming, but I couldn't figure out how to do that. How I wish I could have snowfall rather than just settled snow all the time.

given that ROSLIN is half a Warrick tho, I do think they got potential

Roslin is only half Warrick in blood - her mother is a good person if very troubled, but she didn't raise Ros - that ray of sunshine is all thanks to Torrhen's parenting. Torrhen may well be a shit but give his parenting skills some credit, especially considering he's been a single dad for nine years.

I hope Boros shows up in this scene (he went with his father, if I remember correctly?), to see what his place in family hierarchy & relationships with others are. One of my faves in the au, y'know, the typical trash shit fave.

Boros and Randyll were together at Highpoint in the scene where they show Torrhen Grag's head, but they part ways after that. Besides, Boros isn't allowed back at the Bastion because the adults deem him a 'failure'. Lords, Ladies and heirs are allowed to stay, but as soon as anyone else hits sixteen they're cast out (see Britt, Rendall, Taena, Grag etc... Randyll was also cast out until he made a name for himself and strongarmed his way back in).

Also can't get over how one of your favourites is extreeeeemely dodgy in his intentions towards... young people.

Alright, first of all, c'mere Colton, you're my son, I'm gonna be raising you now. Your brother was a smart, capable man, and you'll be even

• Here are the links to the wiki pages characters seen in this post:

• Roslin is only half Warrick in blood - her mother is a good person if very troubled, but she didn't raise Ros - that ray of sunshine is all thanks to Torrhen's parenting.

I'd say, I meant calling her half a Warrick in more of a "there's some good floating in their genes" kind of way, tbh :ь

Torrhen may well be a shit but give his parenting skills some credit, especially considering he's been a single dad for nine years.

Oh yes, that's right, with all of his flaws, we gotta appreciate the fact he took Ros in & took such good care of her. I really like the sentiment of him remembering what kind of person his mother would want him to be & that being one of the reasons he decided to raise Roslin. I do hope that when she grows up, things Torrhen had done won't come back to affect Ros badly, reputation-wise or mentally if she learns of them.

Also can't get over how one of your favourites is extreeeeemely dodgy in his intentions towards... young people.

All I can say is, you better never get to know about who my favorite fictional hero of all time is. You might never want to talk to me again.

I'm so happy we get a look at Warrick's Bastion. Exactly what you'd expect it to be - grotesquely dark, depressing & giving you a feelin

• The answer will become apparent very soon.

Who should we be more worried about? Randyll, Cregan or Ormund?

• Part 3.02

We hardly knew ye.

• edited August 2016

Wow. Shit is surely escalating fast at the Bastion. Although Ormund does seem like an incapable lord - rejecting clearly smart strategic moves by very stupid reasons, fully unable to control what's going on in his family (3 out of 4 children grow up to be uncontrollable, violent & hardly smart jerks, one goes as far as to kill his own mother - a story I'd like to hear for some reason, circumstances of it interest me) & just makes an impression of a guy who doesn't put much thought or effort into anything. A shame, but he didn't have much chances. The moment a person uses their house's words to prove a point, I know they are a lost cause.

I still feel sorry for him, but house Warrick would prolly be better off in Randyll's hands (as much as it even can be "better off" which isn't very good, but it's still something). Though I despise him, I feel like Randyll is starting to grow on me in a "capable & smart guy who has a plan" way.

I'm also very curious about what Cregan's reaction to his father's death is gonna be. Randyll probably has some guards set to kill him the moment Ormund dies - yet, maybe the plan is more complicated than that. Ormund's death would make Cregan the new lord, so maybe Randyll can swear to serve him & then use his position as rightful heir to control the house himself from behind his back? I think he'd be able to fool a guy like Cregan, but on the other hand, the latter is too unstable. So, maybe Randyll plans to use him for just one thing (like killing Rodrik?) & then dispose of him? Another guess is - what if he & Cregan have planned this together in the first place? He is capable of kinslaying & Ormund's death would benefit him. Even in that case I wouldn't put it past Randyll to stab him in the back later. I don't know Warricks well enough to tell, so, I guess, I'll have to wait & see how this turns out.

Part 3.02 We hardly knew ye.

• I wonder if Cregan will go apeshit or approve.

• Wait, what? O.O Oh no he didn't!

Also, Cregan just seems really unstable.

• Although Ormund does seem like an incapable lord - rejecting clearly smart strategic moves by very stupid reasons, fully unable to control what's going on in his family & just makes an impression of a guy who doesn't put much thought or effort into anything. A shame, but he didn't have much chances. The moment a person uses their house's words to prove a point, I know they are a lost cause.

Based on how Randyll knew lacing his wine with poison was the most sure fire way of getting rid of him, it's likely he's an alcoholic... one of the worst types of people. Besides the likes of Cregan, of course.

Wow. Shit is surely escalating fast at the Bastion. Although Ormund does seem like an incapable lord - rejecting clearly smart strategic mov

• Also, Cregan just seems really unstable.

Trust me, he's incredibly stable... That said, stable for him is just aggression, sadism and an extreme sense of entitlement.

Wait, what? O.O Oh no he didn't! Also, Cregan just seems really unstable.

• I can safely say my jaw dropped a little at that last bit, definitely wasn't expecting it.

Also, I don't know if it's just me or anything, but I'm getting a lot of Ramsay vibes from Cregan and it's lowkey freaking me out.

Looking forward to the next installment.

• I'm getting a lot of Ramsay vibes from Cregan and it's lowkey freaking me out.

Cregan is like Discount Ramsay. Like a Ramsay you find in a bargain bin at a dollar store/pound store. On top of that he's part of the White Trash family of the north, so he's like Super Sadist Trash.

Luckily he doesn't have any dogs, unless you count the wolves that kinda just wander around Warrick Bastion and prey on innocent smallfolk.

I can safely say my jaw dropped a little at that last bit, definitely wasn't expecting it. Also, I don't know if it's just me or anything

• Part 3.03

I'd say he's taking it too far but these are Warricks.

• Not gonna lie, I'm a little disappointed Cregan was killed but just a tad.

Part 3.03 I'd say he's taking it too far but these are Warricks.

• edited August 2016

Fucking shit. Randyll, you son of a whore, I'll fucking break those arms of yours you're holding your son with & shove them so deep up your ass you will choke on your own fingers if you don't let go of Colton right. fucking. NOW. Arrrgh, I'm shaking. That bitch. I pretty much knew what would happen next would be traumatizing for the boy, but this is a whole new level of being fucked up. My desire to protect Colton is so strong. I don't even know why, with ttgot kids it takes me a couple of seconds to become protective as all fuck. Sorry for the language, I'm just being emotional.

Well, I feel sorry for Ormund as well, though we haven't seen much of him. Randyll, you fuckface, even made me pity Cregan a bit, and that must require some real effort. At least now I hope the girls he took at Stillport can have a chance, someone, please, save them. Randyll, be a nice fucking kid, and return them home to make sure their families don't retaliate. Don't make me hate you even more than I do, cuz things can get ugly any moment now. Badger, your storytelling must truly be a mighty one, causing me to go all insane about such minor characters.

Part 3.03 I'd say he's taking it too far but these are Warricks.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.