Who is the Best Joker of all time?

Comments

• edited December 2015

Either Jack Nicholson, or Heath Ledger.

Edit: Ok so i like Jack and Heath's Joker in different ways. Like Jack was the funny Joker and Heath was the dark joker. So really they are both my favorite. Also im suprised Mark's Joker got good feedback in this thread, i never watched the cartoon batman's, so i don't know what his Joker is like.

Another EDIT: Ok i didn't know that Mark also voiced the Joker in the Arkham games, so this changes everything. Ok so...Is Jack, Heath, and Mark. I don't who is number 1. Those 3 are good, i can't decide which is better. So i guess it will be mystery. :P

The Final Edit: (Unless there are mistakes) Ok so Heath is 2nd. (Sorry Dark Knight fans) I liked his Joker, i did. But he was way too dark. And as CaptainLulz said: The Joker is suppose to be dark and manical and Heath wasn't a "Funny" Joker. (By funny i mean he doesn't tell jokes or act manical in a crazy funny way the Joker should) And Jack and Mark? They both win 1st. Is impossible to choose who's the best Joker between them. So they are both first.

• To me, it will go down between Jack Nicholson, Mark Hamill, and Heath Ledger.

But if I had to really pick one out of those three, I'd have to pick Hamill - I grew up watching his Joker in the animated series, and his Joker is always memorable (like with Conroy's Batman).

• Ledger because he brought new meaning to The Joker

• The answer is obvious here: Hamill
    He's to joker what Kevin Conroy is to batman

• Heath Ledger, with a close second being Mark Hamill.

• I really like Heath Ledger's and Jack Nicholson's, Mark Hamil's is fun to listen too as well. Can't say I have a favorite.

But I am very excited to see Jared Leto's interpretation.

• Either Caesar Romero or Heath Ledger. I liked Hamil's voice acting but I always found the Joker's and Harley Quinn's abusive relationship unsettling (I'm pretty sure that was the point though), simply because it's his only really realistic crime and it's a very accurate representation of an abusive relationship.

I didn't like Jack Nicholson's much at all. I felt Jack did good, and I love most of his work but I didn't care much for that film's interpretation of the Joker.

• Heath Ledger is my favorite live action Joker, but when it comes to comic accurate voice and personality, gotta give it to Mark Hamill.

• New here, but I figured I'd weigh in as this is something me and my friends constantly argue over. Anyway for me it's definitely Mark Hamil. I don't think Heath Ledger was a good Joker at all... his potrayal was way too dark and broody, plus I don't recal there being a single funny joke during his entire run. Mark manages to be dark, but manical at the same time, which is what The Joker's personality is.

• edited December 2015

I thank you so much for not putting Jared Letto among these amazing actors, my awnser is Hamil.

• My vote goes to the one and only..

enter image description here

<3

• Heath Ledger FTW. Still can't get over his death.

• Mark Hamill. He even played a good live action Joker on Flash. OK so technically he was the trickster, but seriously basically the same thing lol

• definitely mark hamill and jack nicholson

• I haven't seen Batman animated series, so I can't comment Hamill's performance as Joker.

While Ledger was all right, I think that Nicholson's Joker was better. In general I like the style of Burton's movies more than I like the new movies (although new films are better than Schumacher's films). And I think that Nicholson's Joker is more loyal to the classic comics than Ledger's Joker.

However no matter how good Nicholson was, there is only one Joker for me and that is Cesar Romero. He was the first Joker I ever saw and his performance has affected to how I see the character. Besides he has better laughter than the other Jokers.

• Romero, no contest, with Hamill as a close second.

• Caesar Romero, he is and always will be the best Joker.

• Mark Hamil hands down, Bruce Tim's Batman is by far the best version of the Batman mythos and both the casting of Kevin Conroy as Batman and Mark Hamil as Joker were spot on perfect and I don't think anyone else has even been close, even in stuff that doesn't have the quality of writing that Bruce Tim's Batman had like the Arkham series of games they were perfect, it's a shame about the writing though, I mean it wasn't awful but it felt like a fake, like a fairly good imitation that was just off somehow.

• Heath ledger and luke skywalker

• Mark Hamill in the Arkham games is my favourite. His performance in the animated series is great too but his the way his tone changed in the Arkham games was just pure brilliant.

• Mark Hamill is the joker

• I know I'm super late to the party, but I still feel the need to answer. Mark Hamill has been, and always will be my Joker. Also, I really enjoyed Troy Baker's adaption of it in Arkham Origins. It really felt like it was a younger, untamed and raw Joker in the game.

• edited January 2016

Mark Hamill, duh.

When he voice acts to that role, he channels the Joker character (without causing havoc that's it.)

• Ledger: edgy, Leto: Super Edgy... I´m hoping for the 2020 version of the Joker, just to see if they just put a rocket in his ass.

I read the Batman comics, so literally fuck every version that is not Hamill (and now I´m the one being edgy, fuck!!)

• People sleep Caesar Romero's Joker though. He set the template that Nicholson, Hammill and Ledger all followed to an extent. Plus he had the best laugh and really came across as completely insane.

• Mark Hamill , but i have a feeling that Leto's Joker will be awesome.

• Hamill, but if he's not too busy being Luke Skywalker then Ledger would be my next pick.

• Hamill, Baker, and Ledger.

• Mark Hamill and Heath Ledger. They both fucking owned this role.

• Entirely subjective but I'll say The Joker is the best Joker of all time :3

• Mark Hamill = best voice
    Heath Ledger = best impersonation

let's see how Leto plays the role. I'm looking forward to his performance.

• Ohmygawd what? Troy Baker, the Joker?! I had NOooo Idea he played that guy in Origins. Hmm, he keeps getting more and more things on his resume.

ponds75 posted: »

I know I'm super late to the party, but I still feel the need to answer. Mark Hamill has been, and always will be my Joker. Also, I really e

• edited January 2016

Well said! :P

prink34320 posted: »

Entirely subjective but I'll say The Joker is the best Joker of all time

• Hamill is not a Joker. Just a voice. I'm playing Arkham Asylum right now and he's good but not that special. Hamill's Joker is old drunkie Joker, giggling without a reason. I don't think I'll learn more about this character from him. Ledgers role was much more interesting.

• I have trouble deciding between Mark Hamill and Heath Ledger, for me their both the Joker...

• Heath Ledger hands down.

• Mark Hamill, definitely. But Ledger is my top favorite live-action Joker.

• edited February 2016

So many different depictions of this iconic villain. I really do think you have to have two - one for live action and the other for voice acting so it would be Mark Hamill and Heath Ledger (for me at least). I say this because they are completely different versions of the character and Hamill just has the voice which is iconic for sure but Heath Ledger's acting is what was so phenomenal about his performance.

Jared Leto's Joker looks interesting so far but again I wouldn't compare him to Hamill but he can be compared to Heath Ledger.

That's just how I see it guys but I think we can all agree that the Joker is by far the best villain in existence.

• Mark Hamill i loved The animated series growing up so he is my joker but no one will do a better performance heath ledger

• Without a question, 'Mark Hamill' any day, anywhere and any time.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.