What If TTG just stop TFTB here and move on without making a new season? Reaction?

After playing TFTB, the game instantly move like a sky rocket to my top favorite games list. It almost beat TWD Season 1, or maybe it has....Its been quite a while now and there has been no news of Season 2 despite the overwhelming reviews from different websites. The soundtracks and musics are freaking amazing!! Best!! And the humors in this game is definitely the best out of all TTG I have played. I really miss Rhys, Fiona and the gang, I also ship Rhyiona. When I played finished the game, I felt like a part of me is missing, not knowing what to do all of a sudden in life other than waiting for Season 2. I am just saying, what if TTG really does stop here and officially announce that they will not continue TFTB. How will the fans react? Obviously for me, to be honest I will cry and I will be like "I am gonna kill you guys(TTG)"

Comments

• ErykaEryka Banned

*Rhyiona

sorry

• Thanks

Eryka posted: »

*Rhyiona sorry

• Oh, Iunno, probably what I've been doing for a while now.

enter image description here

• enter image description here

I love the series but I wouldn't be devastated that there's no season 2. It is what it is.

Besides, that is why Fanfiction exists

• I'd cry... a lot

• I will be sad and I will cry...But I will accept it and move on. The story ended quite satisfying in my personal opinion.

But if they announce a Season 2, I will be soooo happy. :D

• edited March 2016

I would not cry or be sad because Dr.Ted would be here for me.

• I'd be fine, as we'd potentially miss out on new franchises that could be the next Borderlands/Wolf/etc. Like, Imagine if Telltale made more Walking Dead instead of Wolf, or more Wolf instead of Borderlands.

At this point, I'll just as happily embrace new ideas so we can be introduced to even more cool universes to have stories told in.

• I wish the fans get to vote for once, let us choose which TTG we want to continue as the next season. But I am sure they have their own plan. I would be so happy if there was a Season 2, but sadly the upcoming games like Batman and a new untitled marvel are gonna kept TTG busy... even if they were to made a Season 2 for TFTB, we might need to wait till end 2017 or mid 2018. Yeah, I hate waiting but we gotta move on. i just hope at least they announce something rather than just keeping it quiet.

I'd be fine, as we'd potentially miss out on new franchises that could be the next Borderlands/Wolf/etc. Like, Imagine if Telltale made more

• It looks like Telltale is moving on from two games a year to four games a year, so it's not that plain and simple. Still, as my post said above, I like being surprised and I think that leaving choices to fan feedback would allow us to miss out on the next big thing. If you went back in time after Season 1 and told people to vote on what they wanted, there is no way people would vote for Wolf or Borderlands.

Xannot posted: »

I wish the fans get to vote for once, let us choose which TTG we want to continue as the next season. But I am sure they have their own plan

• edited March 2016

I agree with you. If it was up to fans, "Do you want Batman or Tales Season 2 first?" Tales would win. But what if Batman is a huge success? All the fans will want is a season 2 of that next... and if we had TFTB instead, we would have missed out on it. So, I'm sure Telltale knows what they're doing. They've got a plan, and they're experimenting with new things. They could return to the Borderlands one day, but they want to make their games better, add new elements, refine their storytelling.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if we only had ONE single series with one season after another, it'd be the same type of game with a new story that comes every 8 months. If they use new mechanics in other franchises, and see the response to that, it could influence them to include it In other things. "Hey, what if that gameplay was put into Tales?" - "Good idea." And hey, we know they're talking about Wolf somewhere in the office, so have faith that whenever your long-awaited season arrives, it might be ten times better than if it came out only a year after the original one. [Although I will admit that I'd be sad if they announce there won't be one. For now, we have no idea what is going on... I'd keep my hopes up. After all, everything they have made so far has turned out pretty well. And with or without a Season 2, it won't change the fact of how good TFTB is.]

It looks like Telltale is moving on from two games a year to four games a year, so it's not that plain and simple. Still, as my post said ab

• I agree with you. If it was up to fans, "Do you want Batman or Tales Season 2 first?" Tales would win. But what if Batman is a huge success? All the fans will want is a season 2 of that next... and if we had TFTB instead, we would have missed out on it. So, I'm sure Telltale knows what they're doing. They've got a plan, and they're experimenting with new things. They could return to the Borderlands one day, but they want to make their games better, add new elements, refine their storytelling.

Yeah, and look back to the reaction people had to Borderlands when that was first announced due to how weird of a choice it was for a Telltale game. People would have chose Wolf Season 2 over Borderlands in a heartbeat, but because Telltale tried out new things, we got a game that several people ended up liking even more than Wolf!

AChicken posted: »

I agree with you. If it was up to fans, "Do you want Batman or Tales Season 2 first?" Tales would win. But what if Batman is a huge success?

• Haha yeah I do admit people were having doubts about TFTB at first, they might thought that it was "just another TTG". But after playing it, hell they were so wrong. U have a very a good point, guess we have to trust TTG in this one. I think TTG never thought TFTB would received that much "5*", and also the fact that people who have played TFTB, immediately they added it up to their top 5 favs. Some even put it above TWD. But up till now, to me the game is so still so underrated and "unpopular". It doesn't feel much spread out than the other games like GOT, TWD and TWAMU. Even minecraft story mode in google play store has more downloads than TFTB. People really NEED to play this, 10/10 won't regret.

AChicken posted: »

I agree with you. If it was up to fans, "Do you want Batman or Tales Season 2 first?" Tales would win. But what if Batman is a huge success?

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited March 2016

they might thought that it was "just another TTG".

It wasn't just that - people had almost the same reaction to Borderlands as they did to Minecraft. They thought Borderlands fans would be 12 year old FPS kiddies complaining that they could not shoot in Tales, and that Telltale was just making a heartless, low effort cash-in with Borderlands, since it would obviously be a terrible fit for Telltale's template.

Haha yeah I do admit people were having doubts about TFTB at first, they might thought that it was "just another TTG". But after playing it,

• edited March 2016

Well, now they are obviously wrong, they might even go back to the previous forums or page to delete what they have wrote lol Turns out it was one of the best game ever, I will be honest I did have my doubts on Batman, but after playing TFTB I feel like i have to trust TTG. If they can even make TFTB to such an extend that people can put it above TWD, than Batman might be just as successful as TWAU. I was imagining Batman concept to be similar to TWAU. But still, I hope more people get to play TFTB, whether they will make Season 2 still depends on their popularity, I have no doubts on the ratings.

they might thought that it was "just another TTG". It wasn't just that - people had almost the same reaction to Borderlands as they

• The fans do vote. With their wallets. And their money. And according to at least one person on this forum, their left nuts.

I wish the fans get to vote for once, let us choose which TTG we want to continue as the next season. But I am sure they have their own plan

• I feel like it had a satisfying ending so I would be okay either way.

• ALL HAIL TED

I would not cry or be sad because Dr.Ted would be here for me.

• I was personally content with how it ended, it's weird because the ending opened up possible new adventures but in a way I still liked the story as it is, I guess what I'm trying to say is that I would be very happy with more Episodes but due to how much I enjoyed the first five episodes, I wouldn't mind if they ended it there.

• A second season would be cool, but honestly, I wouldn't be upset if there never was one. I'm perfectly content with Borderlands 3 picking up where Tales left off.

• I'm pretty sure the majority of people have accepted it already.

• Wouldn't care, I'd take Borderlands 3 over TFTB Season 2.

• their left nuts

As in more than one left nut?! XD

The fans do vote. With their wallets. And their money. And according to at least one person on this forum, their left nuts.

• Well, more than one person could offer their left nut, though so far only one guy seems to be that dedicated.

their left nuts As in more than one left nut?! XD

• That's nuts.

Well, more than one person could offer their left nut, though so far only one guy seems to be that dedicated.

• Borderlands 3, well Gearbox did "postpone" it. They are concentrating on Battleborn currently, and whether TFTB would make a season 2 it's all up to Gearbox decision now. They have the upper hand, not Telltale

Wouldn't care, I'd take Borderlands 3 over TFTB Season 2.

• Meh. Wouldn't come as a surprise as they're way into TWD and signed a multi-year deal with HBO for the next Game of Thrones games. Not to mention a Marvel and Batman Game on the way

• They have enough people to work on four major games at once alongside smaller side projects. Taking that into mind as well as Telltale moving back to monthly releases, I can't really see a backlog of several games being a problem now like it was a long time ago.

Clemenem posted: »

Meh. Wouldn't come as a surprise as they're way into TWD and signed a multi-year deal with HBO for the next Game of Thrones games. Not to mention a Marvel and Batman Game on the way

• I'm not saying it's impossible. But working on numerous games have hurt Telltale in the past.

They have enough people to work on four major games at once alongside smaller side projects. Taking that into mind as well as Telltale movin

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited March 2016

Telltale worked on multiple games at once prior to Walking Dead: Season 1, and were fine. When Walking Dead: Season 1 was announced in 2011 at a Telltale press event, they also announced two other full seasons (Fables and King's Quest, which was later returned to Activision so Telltale could work on Dead Season 2) as well as two smaller side projects (Puzzle Agent 2 and Hector) - all at one press event. Furthermore, this was when they had already announced Back to the Future and Jurassic Park prior to the event, and on top of that, they later announced Law and Order that summer. Walking Dead: Season 1 was one of seven/eight projects Telltale was working on at the time, and that turned out fine.

If people saw this blog post from February 2011 today, they would have a heart attack: https://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/50109/we-are-going-to-be-prettttty-busy

The long releases after Season 1 came from Telltale moving away from punctuality and towards a mindset of extensively revising episodes from fan feedback, it wasn't from them working on multiple games at once. Likewise, shorter episodes and less hubs/puzzles were also deliberate choices to make their episodes have pacing that more resembled TV/cinema. I think more interactive episodes would be cool too, but this is just me explaining their mindset.

Clemenem posted: »

I'm not saying it's impossible. But working on numerous games have hurt Telltale in the past.

• I probably wouldn't care as I presume the story would carry on in borderlands 3 but I would miss the telltale style of borderlands

• Gearbox claimed in a tweet it was up to Telltale (can't find source)

Borderlands 3, well Gearbox did "postpone" it. They are concentrating on Battleborn currently, and whether TFTB would make a season 2 it's all up to Gearbox decision now. They have the upper hand, not Telltale

• What the hell? They playing basketball or some shit? The source is about the CEO of telltale saying at the end was up to Gearbox

http://www.shacknews.com/article/92376/telltale-talks-tales-from-the-borderlands-and-its-ending

bigdogg0821 posted: »

Gearbox claimed in a tweet it was up to Telltale (can't find source)

• NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    No, seriously, I would be gutted if there was no more of this terrific game. Great concept and the perfect world for it. I would LOVE to see and play more of the adventures of Fiona, Sasha & Rhys. Awesome to have Loader Bot back too, loved that dude. And the all-new Vaughn would add an interesting dynamic to it. Oh, please just do more and surprise me with what you add to those three's future!!! :)

• ErykaEryka Banned
    edited March 2016

I'll kill myself

Jk I'll just cry for the rest of my life

• Honestly I'd be very annoyed if they played the mystery game like they did with wolf among us

What the hell? They playing basketball or some shit? The source is about the CEO of telltale saying at the end was up to Gearbox http://www.shacknews.com/article/92376/telltale-talks-tales-from-the-borderlands-and-its-ending

• Borderlands 3 will continue the Canon.

I would be very annoyed at first, but with the TWD stuff, Batman, GoT. They'll probably be more of a priority.

• It will still take sometime for Gearbox to make Borderlands 3, the project is being hold while they focus on Battleborn. In the mean time, I hope Gearbox allow Telltale to make a Season 2 for TFTB.

Borderlands 3 will continue the Canon. I would be very annoyed at first, but with the TWD stuff, Batman, GoT. They'll probably be more of a priority.

• The mystery in Wolf Among Us wasn't that bad, it was a success. But I know what u mean, TFTB are more based on humor and adding dark mystery things to the game just ruined it. People now are preparing their tickets to set sail for Rhyona and Rhysha for Season 2 and if your source is correct, than Gearbox and Telltale are really playing games around here. Who exactly has the authority to allow Season 2 to happen? Is that such a hard question?

bigdogg0821 posted: »

Honestly I'd be very annoyed if they played the mystery game like they did with wolf among us

Sign in to comment in this discussion.