What If TTG just stop TFTB here and move on without making a new season? Reaction?

13»

Comments

• Don't really care anymore really. Good game, good finale. End of story.

• I'm late to the party and just finished the story. I didn't think this story would work. I thought what made the Walking Dead great was the fact that it was a life and death situation and that so many choices were final. I always thought that was why Telltale never had a big hit -- because your choices didn't seem to have even the illusion of making an impact. I'm a realist, I understand that games can't have 100 endings or it wouldn't be cost effective to produce the game. But TFTB taught me that you can have decisions that (seem to) impact the story and tell a story that is humorous at the same time.

I'm on board (bord?) with this series and hope they make another season. I think it was the best of TTG so far, and that's saying alot with TWD season 1. I see other posts wanting Wolf more than TFTB. I guess that's why this makes Telltale's job so hard... how do you choose the next project with so many different preferences? For example, I don't care about a Batman TTG. Not saying there aren't good stories to build from the comic book legend, but I feel that his character is flushed out. Making decisions off of blank slate characters will -usually- be better in my opinion. (I hope TTG proves me wrong with Batman, but I won't buy it unless people rave about it.)

I'm looking forward to a future season of TFTB even if its a new set of characters. But we all have our favorites. I hope that TTG can fit all of our favorites into their schedule in the future.

• edited April 2016

I'm not going to lie, I as extremely satisfied with the ending. You fight the keeper of the portal and got the gang all together. They all ended up happy. I think if it ended no and they didn't make a season 2, things would still be okay. Also for the final fight, you choose people who you got on their good side with basically.

If they made a Season 2, I think it would be kinda confusing, tbh. For instance, we'll take Athena for example. Aside from the final fight, the last time you see her, she's being taken away from your group and you have no idea where she even went. Although, knowing Telltale, all their stories could just connect back together. But then there would be a biased view because of the people you chose to fight with.

Idk. I wouldnt have even assumed there would be a second season, though, but I would like to see more of my ships play out! Haha.

Regardless, I was satisfied.

• Well, the part with Athena was, she was taken to Sanctuary for questioning, she was eventually free'd and joined them there and could do what she wanted, and its safe to assume that a year had passes sense then, which is why she returned.

• Ohh, I did not know that! I guess that explains the place she was at if you chose her to fight the guardian of the portal with you?

Poogers555 posted: »

Well, the part with Athena was, she was taken to Sanctuary for questioning, she was eventually free'd and joined them there and could do what she wanted, and its safe to assume that a year had passes sense then, which is why she returned.

• Honestly, I didn't get too invested into the game or the characters. It was a good game with good storytelling yes, but it'd be fine if they didn't continue it. The story stands on its own and the ending tied things up pretty well.

I'd much rather see a TWAU season two first.

• I would get sad, but nothing more. Would love a season 2, but dont think we need one. The only thing i want to know is what the heck happened with Rhys and Fiona after opening the Vault. After this I think everything just went back to normal, with Rhys at Atlas, Fiona and Sasha living their thug life in pandora and these things

• After this I think everything just went back to normal, with Rhys at Atlas, Fiona and Sasha living their thug life in pandora and these things

"Straight Outta Pandora"

I would get sad, but nothing more. Would love a season 2, but dont think we need one. The only thing i want to know is what the heck happene

• how do you choose the next project with so many different preferences?

Wolf has been on end for like 2-3 years now?Tales is a little over 6 months

I think there would be a Wolf season 2 (if there is to be one) before a Tales season 2 (maybe).

Worstcase posted: »

I'm late to the party and just finished the story. I didn't think this story would work. I thought what made the Walking Dead great was th

• Now that's a face I didn't expect to see in this random thread I opened on this random day of this random week.

Long time no see! :)

buntingsir posted: »

I'd be alright with the fact that there would be no continuation. The finale is wonderful as it is, and while I'd be absolutely ecstatic hea

• oh hi pal, :D Been a long time, nice to see you too!

I guess we'll be seeing each other more often once Batman rolls in or something.

armis37 posted: »

Now that's a face I didn't expect to see in this random thread I opened on this random day of this random week. Long time no see!

• You excited for it? :)

oh hi pal, Been a long time, nice to see you too! I guess we'll be seeing each other more often once Batman rolls in or something.

• I suppose you can say that. Not super excited yet, but very interested, yes. What about yourself?

You excited for it?

• I'm not really very supportive of any upcoming TT titles. They may be good and I may still play them, but it's just ehhh. They should continue the golden games, like TWAU or TftB, instead of going for bigger and bigger cash grabs IMO.

I suppose you can say that. Not super excited yet, but very interested, yes. What about yourself?

• I'd pay to see that in some form.

After this I think everything just went back to normal, with Rhys at Atlas, Fiona and Sasha living their thug life in pandora and these things "Straight Outta Pandora"

• They're continuing TWD, so that's something already. Although wouldn't the continuations of the past "golden games" become cash grabs themselves at some point? Business can't survive on charity too, so I think it's a reasonable thing to do - exploring new big titles and luring new fanbases in. And some day we may see our long-awaited TWAU and TFTB after all this. Hope dies last as people say.

I'm not really very supportive of any upcoming TT titles. They may be good and I may still play them, but it's just ehhh. They should continue the golden games, like TWAU or TftB, instead of going for bigger and bigger cash grabs IMO.

• They wouldn't be such big cash grabs because the targeted audience of those titles is a lot smaller. Try to compare the size of the fanbase of Minecraft and TWAU, for example :)

I get that I'm asking for something that doesn't make too much sense for them to do, but hey, I can't help the way I feel about things. I could totally be fine without every major title in the industry getting "telltale'd".

They're continuing TWD, so that's something already. Although wouldn't the continuations of the past "golden games" become cash grabs themse

• Keep in mind - people thought Borderlands was going to be a cashgrab when it was announced too. People had similar reactions to Borderlands as they did to Minecraft, and even had similar fears that Borderlands would bring "12 year old FPS kiddies" onto the forums.

They wouldn't be such big cash grabs because the targeted audience of those titles is a lot smaller. Try to compare the size of the fanbase

• Heh, that's fair enough. It did bring some very interesting people to the forums though :)

Keep in mind - people thought Borderlands was going to be a cashgrab when it was announced too. People had similar reactions to Borderlands

• YUS I SHIP RHYIONA

• isn't that what's happening tho? borderlands 3 will definitely have Fiona AND rhys since he has a bigger role to play now. so we didn't see the last of the characters yet, borderlands 3 is whats next regarding the characters and not a TFTBL season 2. it may feature a new cast if it ever come back with another season.

• I don't see any problem with titles getting "telltale'd", hah, not yet at least with their 'super show' something coming up and tendency of bringing great quality to their work . So I find myself very eager to try out new things that they do. Of course, we have our own opinions, can't help feeling the way we do and frankly there's no need for a change.

They wouldn't be such big cash grabs because the targeted audience of those titles is a lot smaller. Try to compare the size of the fanbase

Sign in to comment in this discussion.