I actually feel bad for the Rhyiona shippers.

Okay, here's how I feel about Rhysha vs Rhyiona debate. Why the fuck is the percentage of people who said they liked another in the episode 5 in the minority? Seriously, why is it in the minority. I mean, I'm a Rhysha shipper, but it pisses me off to no end that Rhyiona shippers are in the minority. It should really be a 50-50 percentage thing. To the ones who said they liked another in episode 5, I say this to you: I hope your Rhyiona ship comes true in season 2, if it ever comes out. I really do.

Comments

• Probably because the only way to get that option was to say the right things as both Fiona and Rhys, and there was really only one path that leads to that dialogue choice. Otherwise, the game defaults on a conversation about Sasha, which is why it is such an overwhelming majority.

Honestly, Telltale was pretty obviously pushing Rhys with Sasha way more in this game than Rhys and Fiona, so it makes sense to me that Telltale would provide a weighted conversation in Rhysha's favor at the end than the Rhyiona option (not even confirmed Rhyiona, just liking 'another' which has been interpreted all sorts of ways on Tumblr). At least they had a nice conversation at the end together, whether the player interpreted it as romantic or not.

• It makes me angry every time I think about it. A forced ship shouldn't even be a thing in a choice-based game. I wish it wasn't shoved down everyone's throat like that, it's so annoying.

• edited April 2016

What does it matter if it's in the minority? I'm not saying the ship doesn't matter. But why would it bother you how many people do and don't ship it.

• I think they mean that the game didn't portray a potential romantic relationship for Rhyiona like they did for Rhysha.

AgentZ46 posted: »

What does it matter if it's in the minority? I'm not saying the ship doesn't matter. But why would it bother you how many people do and don't ship it.

• It seems to me that @TheAutisticGamer is complaining because less people picked the 'I like someone else' option.

I think they mean that the game didn't portray a potential romantic relationship for Rhyiona like they did for Rhysha.

• I re-read again, one light confused me. I see what you mean and yeah, it doesn't matter what people ship or not.

It seems to me that @TheAutisticGamer is complaining because less people picked the 'I like someone else' option.

• Exactly!

fayescarlet posted: »

It makes me angry every time I think about it. A forced ship shouldn't even be a thing in a choice-based game. I wish it wasn't shoved down everyone's throat like that, it's so annoying.

• edited April 2016

I'm just saying I feel bad for the Rhyionans. And I don't like forced ships, that's all.

• Eh, you got a point.

LoseMyHome posted: »

Probably because the only way to get that option was to say the right things as both Fiona and Rhys, and there was really only one path that

• "forced" "choice based game"

Who complained about Lee and clementine? Who complained about Alvin and Rebecca?

So this "its a choice based game and this ship is forced!" makes no damn sense. It only comes into effect when it's something people don't like.

It makes me angry every time I think about it. A forced ship shouldn't even be a thing in a choice-based game. I wish it wasn't shoved down everyone's throat like that, it's so annoying.

• It's a very hidden option that requires you to be rude to Rhys as Fiona, I got it though, didn't really feel that satisfying.

• Maybe its meant to be hard like a easter egg like cloudxbarret in ffvii

• Why does that piss you off? People have preferences and theyre not going to be fifty/fifty all the time. Personally, I never felt a romantic vibe between Rhys and Fiona. Theyre too contentious and adversarial even when theyre getting along. Plus, its just weird to me since the player is basically both. Its like your romancing yourself lol.

• edited April 2016

I just wanna support both sides as much as I can, that's all. I'm a Rhysha supporter, but I'm not saying Rhyiona isn't a thing, is what I mean.

KCohere posted: »

Why does that piss you off? People have preferences and theyre not going to be fifty/fifty all the time. Personally, I never felt a romantic

• @Green613, how do you feel about this argument?

• Well the game was made from step one for Lee and Clem to form a bond, because without it the game would be missing a huge part. Also Alvin and Rebecca was 2 npcs who were already married, its not like you should have been able to make choices to make them not married and already in love.

bigdogg0821 posted: »

"forced" "choice based game" Who complained about Lee and clementine? Who complained about Alvin and Rebecca? So this "its a choice ba

• Well Id say the main reason that Rhysha was so dominate was that you can for one, get it no matter what you do, unlike Rhyiona where you have to follow steps, and even when you follow those steps, its still very hidden. After that, Telltale really pushed Rhysha on players, making it look like it would be impossible to even have another option, and even people who could care less about having Rhys with a romantic interest, at the end of the game, they might as well just say that they like Sasha then to say no one.

• edited April 2016

If its not cannon

Yeah guys jeez, it's not even:
    enter image description here

• Muskets are more mobile and accurate.

• I really have nothing against Rhyonna, but what exactly makes you all think your ship > should < be an option ? If it's happening you should expect to pay more for a more complex game. I do ship Rhysha and OBVIOUSLY if the situation was reversed I would have liked to have a choice but you guys are just full salty and weirdly ignoring what a game with choices is based on : there's a plot. There's a plot that defines the characher's sexuallity/sexual orientation/romantic interests. There's a plot that defines a base for this said character's personnallity. It's how it works... If the character you play is interested in a character by default it's just how it is. Sorry... but you're gonna have to swallow it. It's not even said to offend you but in defence of every other ship that exist... What makes you think that Gayperion's shippers haven't any reason to complain about not having any romantic option ? Rhack shippers ? Hell even Rhycest shippers... but also Fionna x Athena, Fiona x Scooter, Fiona x August.... It just happen you think that Rhyonna needs to happen or should have been since YOU ship it. My NOTP is canon in the comic of my favorite telltale game...so I am dealing with the fact I probably won't have what I want, I use my imagination. Keep doing it as well. It's not because the game is supposed to follow the choice you make that the entire plot is gonna change. In some of these telltale games your choices defines your relationship with characters as well as who dies, who survives, an entire pdv can change regarding the way you play. I am not sure who played Game of thrones, The Wolf among us... but really it's better than what you guys want to admit. I feel like even though it doesn't change ''enough'' you are still ignoring the progress. I would even dare to call you ungrateful.

I am not saying Rhyonna is not gonna happen, in fact I think it has a chance. I am glad it has a chance, I would have been satisfied for whatever ship really... but it's not the whole story.
    Rhysha has been hinted since the very first episode, it followed a developement, what's forced in it ? The fact that you can't avoid it ?... but you can :o You can avoid it at a certain degree ( since I told you it was the plot and the character you play has it's own feeling you can't avoid )... Don't pick the flower, don't make the pinky promise, be nice but platonically, stay coscious... It's hard ? Yes, it is.... just like every other aspect of the game. You can say something you shouldn't/leading to a response you disliked in every conversation..even those that don't lead you to one ship or another. It's how ''complimenting''/''giving the flower'' to Sasha can go. Be careful. Telltale may set a plot you still have those choices. If you make them, you can only blame yourself for being so close to Sasha and not Fionna in the end.
    I can join you all if I want to, I want to complain too. I really disliked Rhys haircut, I feel like it was forced and in a game where you should have a choice it's really unfair from telltale to treat the ones who likes Rhys hair better than me.

The ONLY reason I feel bad for Rhyonna fans is because their ship ''makes less sense'' than the other big ones ( Rhysha/Rhack/Gayperion...like it or not, they had more ''moments/sexual innuendos/and a stronger bond'' ) just because telltale chose it has to be that way... it has to be a certain way it happens it's this one. Probably because we are playing both ? But it's still a shame and sad for you Rhyonna shippers.
    At the end, we learned there was a chance for you :it's something. So stop complaining about the plot being forced, just stop... A couple is not the only thing you can't completely change, in fact your choices have more effects on it than some other things. You guys are just annoyed because it's not ''easy''.

• edited April 2016

It's been nearly 5 months since, I don't really care about it anymore tbh, lol

@Green613, how do you feel about this argument?

• This.

Poogers555 posted: »

Well the game was made from step one for Lee and Clem to form a bond, because without it the game would be missing a huge part. Also Alvin a

• "Rhyiona makes less sense than rhack"

LOL

Mellorine posted: »

I really have nothing against Rhyonna, but what exactly makes you all think your ship > should < be an option ? If it's happening you

• the game was made from step one for Lee and Clem to bond

Maybe Rhys and Sasha were meant to bond, too? I agree with Rebecca and Alvin, but some people take this "tailored" thing to a "this is my sandbox game" mindset.

Well the game was made from step one for Lee and Clem to form a bond, because without it the game would be missing a huge part. Also Alvin a

• YOU GUYS GOTTA CHILL

XD

• But they dont need to be together for the story to play out.

If there was no bond between Lee and Clem then season 1 would loose the whole purpose of "protect Clem."

bigdogg0821 posted: »

the game was made from step one for Lee and Clem to bond Maybe Rhys and Sasha were meant to bond, too? I agree with Rebecca and Alvin, but some people take this "tailored" thing to a "this is my sandbox game" mindset.

• edited April 2016

That's nice to see I can make people laugh by stating the truth. My english may be quite lacking but I am pretty sure you may have made the link between what you took and '' sexual innuendos ''. If you don't know what I am talking about, then I can't help you, you're gonna have to replay the game and pay attention to what Jack says...
    Are you sometimes trying to understand further something that you dislike ?
    It's not because the ship is indeed abusive that it didn't make sense ( at least if you didn't...you know... in the final ).

Rhys admired Jack, while knowing exactly what type of guy he was. First time we met Rhys ? He was talking about Handsome Jack, his idol, his model, just like most of the people working in hyperion. We could say back then that he respected him. Handsome Jack was probably a sociopath/psychopath, Rhys knew it, and ''he wanted to be like him''. You, as a player, weren't able to change that because it was what Rhys was in the very beginning. I talked about a plot ? Well it's part of the plot. Jack is without any doubt the character the most important for Rhys evolution, for what Rhys was at the beginning but also for what Rhys was in the end. Fionna just hadn't as much influence on him ( even if she is his friend, and he have grown to trust and like her in a way or another depending on your actions ).
    ''

If we had a ''love-o meter'' when Rhys met Fiona it was in the red, and much better for Jack...who was suppose to be dead by the well. Nothing to be mad about you know, it's the same for Sasha. Fiona didn't really respect Rhys back then, she did tolerate him more than Sasha, she knew he was useful... She didn't like him that much, she was just smart enough to know what was the better way to deal with things. Sasha works much more with feelings than her sister, it has been shown.

I won't joke about the fact Jack was inside of Rhys for most of the game... I wouldn't like to repeat what Jack already said ( '' sexual innuendos '' ). I wouldn't like to offend you and say it's more than any other character could have. Of course it doesn't mean they ''love each other''. Nope... nope. Admiration, respect, sexual references it's not enough to make a relationship but it doesn't have to be because what I want to prove is not Rhack makes more sense than Rhysha but Rhyonna.

Sadly enough Rhyonna is based on a alliance, a rivalry that evolves in a friendship ( or something more ). It hasn't as much as much depth. Sexual attraction as well as a romantic one is not chosen by the one who feels it. Now, depending on what you do, Rhys can be ''all over Jack'' ( again platonically... beause of his admiration ), he can be blinded by this admiration and trust him. He can keep the secret of his existence to Vaughn... who is his best friend ( since Jack asked him to ), he can trust him over Fiona... who is his friend, he can make something he believes is an alliance with Jack. He can be ( no he will be ) extremely shy around Jack. He can fuck it all and turn himself into a joke because of Jack. What would make it so surprising for you that Rhys could have, deep inside, felt more if telltale decided they wanted to go that way. It doesn't have to change much, you know ?

If you find the same kind of feeling with Fiona it's good, but I don't see it in my game. I don't see it in the playthroughs I have watched neither. I am not saying they wouldn't look good together. I am not saying their dynamic is not amazing too. I am not saying Rhys didn't sleep on Fiona's shoulder and that it wasn't cute somehow. But even after all that happened with Jack, regardless of you decisions, Fiona will say '' Are all you friends sick murderers'' ( she didn't say it like that, feel free to correct me ) and Rhys will dramatically look into the distance. He is still hurt, Jack was his hero, no Fiona, not Sasha who is his main love interest, not Vaughn, not loader-bot, but Handsome Jack. And if you guys ever admired someone, I don't know who... a celebrity or someone around you, you must know it's pretty overwhelming.
    It's out of his control. You literally can see him pose the same way Jack did in the end in front of his poster, right after what Jack did to him and right before his last time seeing him. It shows that despite everything, Jack was a really really big part of what Rhys is. Rhys hates it.. but it is. Why do you think you have such a choice of destroying Jack or not in the end ? It's because it's not going away so easily.. It's extremely important for Rhys.
    So yeah... Rhack is abusive but it has more depth, Rhack was one-sided but it was stronger than Rhyonna, Rhack was doomed still it was an extremely big part of not only Rhys but Tales from the borderlands story.
    AND THE MOST IMPORTANT : Rhack stayed inside Rhys for like... almost the entire game so... Fionna gotta step her game up. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ace24_ posted: »

"Rhyiona makes less sense than rhack" LOL

• Idolizing someone =/= being interested romantically in them. That fact will always be true regardless of how many walls of text you type up.

That's nice to see I can make people laugh by stating the truth. My english may be quite lacking but I am pretty sure you may have made the

• I'm not quite sure but I think most people who ships RhysxFionna doesn't want to replay part of the game for a choice that has no consequence whatsoever.

Also considering there is probably no season 2, soooo... yeah not worth it, at all.

• Throughout episode 1, Rhys shows that he admires Jack and "wants to be just like him" as in "The Top Dog" "The Boss." Rhys is not saying things like "I want to be just like Jack, with him, I love him." Also the moment Jack is with Rhys, Rhys never shows any real affection for him, in fact he seems more scared of him. And the part where Fiona ask if all his friends are murders, Rhys most likely is looking away and not responsive because he doesn't want to be seen as some bad murder (he can even say something similar at the end of the game.) He also does the same thing if you dont make a deal with Jack and Fiona compliments him for not trusting him.

Also, not destroying the eye wouldn't mean Rhys felt "bad" for Jack. Sure he might feel bad, but not in a, "breakup" kind of way, I mean the game says that This% of players kept Jack imprisoned. We also never see what Rhys does with it because its never to be seen again.

That's nice to see I can make people laugh by stating the truth. My english may be quite lacking but I am pretty sure you may have made the

• Didn't I point out more than once that the admiration Rhys felt was purely platonic ? You missed my point. I didn't say Rhack were interested romantically in each other. I did say that for the most part of Tales from the borderlands it made more sense than Rhyonna since it had more moments, sexual innuendps, and a deeper relationship. In wish Ace24_ answered ''LOL'', wish led me to precise why Rhack's bond, if you can call it that way, was deeper than Rhyonna's one since the very beginning and lasted till the very end. I did put ''makes less sense'' under quotes purposely because I knew I could have phrasee it better. It's really not that Rhyonna can't be in a relationship because it wouldn't make sense ( it would ), it's that all the big ships have a more developped relationship than this one and closest to the ''romantic'' we are talking about. To put it simply Telltale worked harder in Rhysha, Rhack and Gayperion than Rhyonna, so it's fair that if Rhyonna had a reason to complain, Rhack and gayperion's shippers had a reason to say the story should have been changed to what they wanted as well. Their ship strength resides in a complex dynamic, closer to a romantical one and or a strong friendship involving Rhys admiring Vaughn abs, you can send me whatever equations it just is how Telltale chose it was. All shippers, if Rhyonna's start to complain, could say '' but my ship is more interesting ( it depends of what you are looking for ), it has more moments, why Rhyonna and not us ? '' well because... in the end, you can't please everyone.

Green613 posted: »

Idolizing someone =/= being interested romantically in them. That fact will always be true regardless of how many walls of text you type up.

• ...what ?
    Honestly you guys start to confuse me. At which point did I say admiration = love ? I am explaining how Rhack had a deeper relationship than Rhyonna's before the '' I like someone else '' he said. I never said Jack was Rhys love interest, I even said Sasha was the main one depending on what you choose.

Not destroying the eye means that he couldn't let go of the man he idolized for the most part of his life. I said he hates him because he doesn't like Jack, not as a friend or a lover ( I never said Jack was either of those, I said he used to be his hero ). It seems quite realistic to me. You're free to interpret it the way you want but the fact he posed just like Jack in front of the poster is, for me, something that hints that way. If this behaviour last ? You think other things can't last ?
    I said I felt bad for Rhyonna shippers because it made less sense ONLY because telltale didn't dedicate as much time to this relationship, they didn't make it as complex, they didn't make Fiona that important for his character ( or Rhys as important as Athena...even if it's a bit different )... they just didn't. It's what I was trying to say.

Throughout episode 1, Rhys shows that he admires Jack and "wants to be just like him" as in "The Top Dog" "The Boss." Rhys is not saying thi

• The whole Rhyiona vs Rhysha thing is who about people wanting each character to end up with the other.

So when you say Rhack, we think Rhys X Jack, romantic relationship, not their relationship as a whole.

...what ? Honestly you guys start to confuse me. At which point did I say admiration = love ? I am explaining how Rhack had a deeper relati

• ErykaEryka Banned

I wanna cry

• edited April 2016

So it's because I talked about their relationship as ''Rhack'' that you thought I was saying they were lovers ? I say Rhack because it's shorter I am sorry I think it's my fault. I know that in cannon Rhys and Jack are not what the shippers would like them to be, same thing for Gayperion.
    Of course Rhysha, Rhyonna and Rhack shippers each want their ship to end up together in a romantic way. It's really only about how the fact some complain where it's really impossible to please everyone by turning every relationship that is not romantic right now, in a romantic one after a moment.

I was careful to put :

"Of course it doesn't mean they ''love each other''. Nope... nope. Admiration, respect, sexual references it's not enough to make a relationship " ( I meant a couple )

''Rhys can be ''all over Jack'' ( again platonically... beause of his admiration ) ''

''What would make it so surprising for you that Rhys could have, deep inside, felt more if telltale decided they wanted to go that way. ''

For you all to realise I wasn't saying that in the actual state of the plot Rhys had EVER felt attracted to Jack in such a way but could have been if Telltale would have chose it ( it works for any other pairing really ).

The whole Rhyiona vs Rhysha thing is who about people wanting each character to end up with the other. So when you say Rhack, we think Rhys X Jack, romantic relationship, not their relationship as a whole.

• I know that in cannon Rhys and Jack are not what the shippers would like them to be, same thing for Gayperion

I'm pretty sure everybody secretly ships Gayperion haha.

So it's because I talked about their relationship as ''Rhack'' that you thought I was saying they were lovers ? I say Rhack because it's sho

• Please do, and if you don't mind do it into this mug, tears are very nutritious.

Eryka posted: »

I wanna cry

• Ehm, I ship Rhysha but I know how it feels to ship the minority and it's not that bad.

I don't generally care about how many people ship it because it doesn't affect how much I enjoy it.

• The game isn't exactly a dating simulator.

• Where do I hit my head?

This discussion has been closed.