All Hope lost for S2?

I was really hoping for it but I'm starting to get numb, ever since episode 5 release there has been NO news at all. Is there really any hope left?

Comments

• I thought a 2nd season was a sure thing based on how they ended things and how popular it was but I now know that they were never planning on a 2nd season. The best that could happen is a completely new story because they have already answered all the "cliffhangers" from the wolf among us in a wolf among us comic book.. My bet though if they end up doing a second season is the playable character being someone else such as Jack Horner or Blue. Although I ultimately believe that the wolf among us is done.

• I've never read the comics, but it actually continues with Bigby following Nerissa?

Mr-Soybean posted: »

I thought a 2nd season was a sure thing based on how they ended things and how popular it was but I now know that they were never planning o

• I will keep some hope. You never know, The Wolf Among Us Season Two might be in the concept stages right now.

• Anything is possible.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

enter image description here

• Giving up hope is better than false hope. It's not happening, that much is obvious.

• No, (correct me if I'm wrong) the comics are 15 years ahead of the game.

I've never read the comics, but it actually continues with Bigby following Nerissa?

• Nope. Nerissa and a lot of TWAU characters are never seen nor mentioned in Fables.

I've never read the comics, but it actually continues with Bigby following Nerissa?

• It's about 20

No, (correct me if I'm wrong) the comics are 15 years ahead of the game.

• ok then... they COULD make a S2 telling what happened in that time.

No, (correct me if I'm wrong) the comics are 15 years ahead of the game.

• I think it will be announced at some stage, it did leave on a cliffhanger, which could open even more doors to the Fables and what the outcome will be with Nerissa/Faith and we could see S2 explore the farm, more stories including Bigby, fables we met and haven't met, so I'm keeping my hopes up. It might have an E3 reveal this year but if not it's because they're working on The Walking Dead S3 and the new Batman game but TWAU should come first. Since The Walking Dead already has 2 seasons and a 3rd on the way. So E3 reveal this year, if not next year hopefully :D

• You just convinced me to stop hoping for Half-Life 3.

• TWAU sold 900k on steam alone, while GOT (which is getting a S2) and Tales have sold 1kk combined. Sure, that's not the only factor to consider, but since Wolf is their second most succesful game, I don't think a S2 is unlikely. For all we know, they could be developing a new season already.

• The problem is when will be released

TheCatWolf posted: »

TWAU sold 900k on steam alone, while GOT (which is getting a S2) and Tales have sold 1kk combined. Sure, that's not the only factor to consi

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

When it comes to sales one thing to remember is that The Wolf Among Us was released around a year before both Game of Thrones and Tales from the Borderlands which gave it more time to be put in Steam sales and after the success of The Walking Dead it's possible that some people purchased it due to it being a Telltale game.

Game of Thrones was announced to be a multi season game before they started on season 1 so a season 2 was always a guarantee due to the "multi-year, multi-title partnership" which The Wolf Among Us didn't get, Telltale normally announced projects in advance like they did for the Marvel game which isn't due to release until 2017 so it's unlikely they are doing a secret Wolf Among Us project without announcing it before hand.

TheCatWolf posted: »

TWAU sold 900k on steam alone, while GOT (which is getting a S2) and Tales have sold 1kk combined. Sure, that's not the only factor to consi

• edited May 2016

Hate to say this but I doubt there will be a S2. All the problems in TWAU were solved, the story was so well-wrapped-up and yeah, basically over. Games like this usually don't do well with sequels. If TTG do want to make a sequel, it has to be more fleshed out than the original with more twists while maintaining the same motif/ gameplay, which is a huge challenge for them. And if they release an wobbly sequel, it will just result in negative comparison between 2 seasons. A spin-off? Maybe. But a direct sequel? Nope, It's not gonna happen.
    Tbh, I would rather have just one TWAU and let it stay sweet in memory than get an unfitted sequel that degrades whole series itself. Yes. I'm looking at you FNAF.

• I've pretty much given up hope for season 2 at this point

• At this point, I just wanna know if the TWAU comic will elaborate on the Nerissa thing from the ending.

• Giving up hope is 100x better than having false hope, as I wise man once said.

• There is always hope. But having hope is one thing, and to be counting on it is another, and to be honest, I would not count on it mate.

• [removed]

At this point, I just wanna know if the TWAU comic will elaborate on the Nerissa thing from the ending.

• I doubt there will ever be a S2, now that TT is onto big fish brands. Ya might get a special mini series someday, but I doubt it. It sort of feels like TT has trouble scaling up so they're gonna focus on a handful of priority projects each year.

• There will never be a season 2 of Wolf Among Us.

• edited January 2017

DP

• I really felt for a good bit after the season ended it was definitely going to get a second season but now....I don't think it's likely. Telltale could always come back to it down the road but with Walking dead,Guardians of the galaxy,Game of thrones,and whatever else is in development i think it is unlikely and unwise to try and make a S2 as of now.

• Leaked image of Bigby in season 2. /s

enter image description here

• Their contract only called for one installment. So yeah. Chances are there won't be another season any time soon. The closest you got is the Batman series which you could consider a spiritual successor of sorts.

• edited January 2017

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. The series is pretty much a dead fish out of water,

I want a S2, you want a S2, everyone wants a S2.... But it's probably not going to happen

• sneaky Telltale

OzzyUK posted: »

When it comes to sales one thing to remember is that The Wolf Among Us was released around a year before both Game of Thrones and Tales from

• Am I the only one who DOESN'T want a Season 2 because I'm afraid that Telltale has lost their touch and will make a sequel inferior to the original?

• Hell no Jobs been hinting like crazy

• In example, Sequels of TWD Season 1 were really good, so I am not so afraid about that they release TWAU S2 because i think they know what they do with their games.
    Telltale never disappointed me so why with TWAU S2 ?

Harian96 posted: »

Am I the only one who DOESN'T want a Season 2 because I'm afraid that Telltale has lost their touch and will make a sequel inferior to the original?

• edited February 2017

There are news now and i think it's good ones :

Job J said that " This lips are sealed for now " but he also replied that he does not want us to be overhyped about release of games ( He replied in the TWAU forum).

So if he "hype" us with " This lips are sealed for now " i think it would mean that they work on TWAU S2 because he doesn't want us to hype for nothing...

• There certainly a possibility later down the road as jobs hinted in the forums.

• I was happy with how the game ended, but a second season wouldn't be terrible; unless gamers have read the Fables comics, then we'd be in strife. Heh.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.