Is there anyone on the forums who played the game without watching the show or reading the books?

I did. Well, actually I watched a playthrough of it first. Then I bought it. Then watched the show.

Comments

• I originally played the game without having watched the show or read the books. The game is actually what got me into the show. I bought the game because it was made by Telltale and was set in a fantasy universe, which is my favourite genre.

• Believe it or not, the game's what actually got me into Game of Thrones. I saw the trailer, and it looked promising. So before the release date of episode 1, I read the books and eventually got into the show. It's strange to see your (book) depictions of characters against those of someone else's (the show).

• edited June 2016

I did, didn't care much for GOT. But the game got me really interested into the show. Now here I am.

• I tried watching the Tv show but I never got into it, I bought Telltale's GoT and really didn't like episode 1 at all, but all the episodes after that were great, I tried to watch the Tv show again but I still couldnt get into it.

• The game was my introduction to the source material as well. I found the game to be fun (although certain complexities of the story went over my head for some of the earlier episodes), but I'm probably in the minority seeing as how Telltale wanted the series to be aimed towards core fans instead of being a friendly introduction to new comers of the source material.

• Me. I was very worried about the game before episode 1 was being teased and wasn't sure if I was going to buy episode 1 immediately or not. Luckily my friend called me and told me he bought it because he was a Thrones fan and I got to play it over at his place. I ended up enjoying it and buying the series before episode 2 came out.

• I had seen season 1 of the show with some friends but didn't really remember any of it. After I played Iron from Ice I ended up watching all four seasons that were out before Te Lost Lords released. I also read all the books by the time episode 6 came out.

Telltale always gets me hooked on the source material of whatever game I play :)

• They always get me hooked, too :)

I had seen season 1 of the show with some friends but didn't really remember any of it. After I played Iron from Ice I ended up watching all

• I've probably enjoyed GoT the most, with Fables coming second

They always get me hooked, too

• I found it really difficult to understand all the references, characters and places when I saw playthroughs of the first three episodes because I knew absolutely nothing about the show, aside from like three characters and the fact that the Iron Throne is involved.

Before the release of Episode 4 I started watching the show and got hooked. I am now rewatching the show for the second time and in the middle of A Clash of Kings. I live on Game Of Thrones now, thanks to Telltale.

• edited June 2016

Well, I never watched the show nor read the books before I played the game. It's what got me into the show, actually. After I finished episode 1, I decided to watch the show so I could understand the universe better.

And thanks to Telltale, now I'm a GoT fan, however I do like the game more, though. :P

• Same.

Wolfenus54 posted: »

Well, I never watched the show nor read the books before I played the game. It's what got me into the show, actually. After I finished episo

• edited June 2016

I'm actually seemingly one of the few on the forum who read the books and watched the show quite long before the game. Though I followed Telltale since TWD Season 1 and played all the games that followed, (excluding Minecraft Story Mode).

• raises hand

I had problems with understanding anything during Ep1, but then read around, talked to my friend obsessed with GoT and then it wasn't a problem. Now I'm up to date with the events of the show in the game's timeline without even watching it lol

• Well...I played the whole game first then I got to watch the show.. Lel

• Didn't really care much for Game of Thrones but I got it anyway because Telltale. I like the game but I haven't gotten into the tv series or books.

• Its why House Forrester will always have a special place in my heart - Telltale's Game of Thrones was my first introduction to the World of Ice and Fire.

• I hadn't, however, people keep telling me to watch it :x

• Yes,I love this game and still have not read one book. Nor watched a single EP!

• I had a hard time understanding some of the references and names of the characters. I saw the show after playing the game and it was a bit disappointing to know that House Forrester was not in the show at all.

• edited June 2016

Many here seemed to have get to know to GoT thanks to Telltale. For me it was the other way round - I got introduced to Telltale because I heard they were making a GoT game. I didn't like the game as much as the show or books (I still enjoyed it), but I'm still super thankful, because I really like the concept of these games and enjoyed the heck out of twau and tfbl. And even more importantly, this game got me to this awesome community :)

• Aww, now isn't that nice of you Wildling ;)

• Yes here. I started the show, because of the game. I didn't know what the Red Wedding was. I was wondering what the f*** was going on and why everyone doing let's plays knew what was going to happen xD Also Tyrion getting arrested arrested at the purple wedding was so confusing.
    All that politic talk, the houses.

So confusing especially, because English is not my first language. Oh btw I still played "the game"
    pretty good. I don't think I regret a single decision.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.