What changes to deceased/determinant/unknown characters would you make if you could change things?

Comments

• Luke would not just abandon Clem.

* Sarah: Now I would instead get rid of the choice to Leave Sarah or Convince Sarah in the tralier park, Sarah would come with you no matter

• And he wouldn't abandon Sarah either so the idea i had is that he would be torn between the 2 but seeing as Sarah was now an orphan and had no one else to look after her, Luke would have took that responsibility where as at least Clem is capable of looking after herself and has that choice i made up at the end

Luke would not just abandon Clem.

• May I just say, thank you for making me realise once again that this forum is filled with such passionate fans. That must've taken time to type down, wow bro...

And i wont read all of it, so i'll just answer the question in the title of this discussion:

If LEE came back, the world would turn upside down. (for good)
    drops mic

• Thanks man! Appreciate it!

AdamRoberts posted: »

May I just say, thank you for making me realise once again that this forum is filled with such passionate fans. That must've taken time to t

• edited April 2017

So what i would change in season 2:
    The beggining would be Mostly the same except that Determinantly Ben and Lily would be there ((Duck would be alive regardless.))
    Ben Lily and Duck episode 1: Most of the beggining of the episode would be the same but with extra Lines from these characters.
    After Christa leaves to go Look for more food the second Clementine starts tending the fire using the Lighter ((Before getting the piece of wood)) Omid and ((Determinantly )) Lily would go check On christa.
    When the thing with the bandits happen Omid, Christa and Lily would be caught by Surprise by the bandits and Clem Duck and ((Determinantly )) Ben would sneak close to where they are.
    So here s what would happen: You get the choice to distract them or Sneak off there which would have these consequences.
    If lily s alive Distract them: Christa , Omid and Lily would run off and dissapear until episode 3.
    If Lily s alive Sneak off: Lily would make a distraction and grab one of the bandit s Guns and get shot because of it While Omid and Christa run.
    If Lily s not with them it would happen the same way it happens in the normal season 2.
    Clem , Ben and Duck would run off and if Ben s alive You would get a Choice between Following Ben or Duck. If Ben s dead Clementine will automatically Follow duck. Either way it ends up With Clementine and the character you followed falling in the river.
    Not alot would change except Duck/Ben would try to convince the Cabin group that Clem s not Bitten and fail.
    Also whoever you choose Between Pete and Nick the character you followed ((Ben or Duck)) would go to the other one ((If clementine chooses pete Duck/Ben would choose Nick .))
    Episode 2: The opening up until where the cabin Group gets back would be the same.
    Duck/Ben would appear with Nick If Clementine Chose pete.
    If Clementine Chose Nick They would Find Duck or Ben traumatized for having to Kill Pete s Walker Form.
    Matthew: Im gonna use the idea someone else used in this Thread about Matthew being Determinant if Clementine Gives Nick the Watch.
    Except Matthew would Survive up until later Episodes instead of Dying in episode 2. and Nick would die saving Matthew later on in the episode like stated in the other comment
    Also just a difference between What happens in the Reunion with Kenny:
    Ben: After you Pick a Choice ben will Be extremely Surprised that Kenny is alive and happy.
    Duck: Duck would run over to His dad before you can Choose anything and Hug him While Crying.
    Will add more on the other episodes later.
    EDIT: Episode 3:
    In episode 3 Matthew would take the Role of Nick if he was saved althought with More dialogue ((Same with Nick about having more dialogue.))
    Either 3 or 2 Characters would appear when you get to the prison/Pen/Whatever.
    Either Lily , Omid and the one you did not follow between Ben/Duck or Just Lily and Omid or Just Christa and Omid.
    If Lily s there she would just Tell Clementine they got separated from Christa .
    During the Carver Part it would be the same as you Put in the thread but if Matthew s Alive you would have to convince Him not To Kill Carver too.
    The episode would end With Sarita Bitten and Ben Dying because of Sarah s screams attracting Walkers to him ((If he s alive.))
    I would also Keep the Omid death scene that the OP Put and then Have Lily be deppressed Because so many people of Her Group have Died after they Left The Motor Inn ((If she s the one there and Not Christa.))

UrbanRodrik posted: »

Carley and Doug: Same changes you did. Mark: Same thing with David except if you did not manage to cut his leg off Mark would be Dinner and

• so here s what changes i would have Done in a New frontier
    Kenny and Jane: Firstly i will just say i would have kept Edith dead as she was already a minor character now moving on to Kenny and Jane.
    i would of course have them survive the flashbacks .
    in episode 1 when you meet Clem Kenny would be there with her althought instead of attempting to Rob him they would have been looking for the guy from the new Frontier who was with him and since he s either shot or Ran away then they take Javier to Prescott and promise him to get help for his Family while with Jane being alive the thing with Robbing Javier would still be there.
    so here s a difference i would put if Kenny s alive then Clementine and Kenny are part of the Prescott Group while if Jane s alive Clem and Jane are both loners who ocasionally go to Prescott when they need some extra help.
    when they get to Prescott if Kenny s alive they would tell Tripp about how the dealer guy gave them bullets that did not Fire and when they goto Confront him ((You would still get to Talk to Conrad and help Francine play poker.)) Things would still escalate quickly and javier would go there and when the dealer guy pulled out the Knife Kenny would freak out and start beating him up and Kenny gets locked up in the Prescott Prison by Tripp after he does that while if Jane s there clem would still have the scene where she accidentally shoots the gun.
    When Clem goes to sleep she has a flashback of course.
    Wellington flashback: Same as normal flashback.
    Kenny flashback: The episode 4 Flashback.
    Jane Flashback: a flashback explaining how they left Howe s after the family either betrayed them or attacked them which forced them to Flee from Howe s.
    During the Junkyard when Mariana s about to be shot she could be saved by Kenny or Jane in different ways.
    Kenny: Kenny would recklessly push Mariana out of the way to stop her from being shot and stay with Clementine to kill the people from the new frontier.
    Jane: Jane would warn Mariana about badger but she would be too slow and Mariana would be shot in the same spot as Kate Jane would also stay with clementine to kill the people from the New frontier.
    if you stayed with Clementine and Jane/Kenny then you would just get a scene of them thanking you for helping them and them have a hub to look for a car that s working . You would also get some talk options with Clementine and Kenny/Jane to get to known more about them.
    when you get to the Car you would either get one of the following:
    Kenny s alive: Kenny drives them back to prescott and tells Clem that its safer if he does because she s not learned how to drive fully yet.
    Jane s alive: Jane drives them back to Prescott because Clementine never learned how to drive.
    Alone ending: Javier drives them back to Prescott.
    if you went with the family then what i ve said happens except if the alone ending was picked them Clementine would drive the car and tell him she learned from someone while she was travelling alone.
    During the Raid on Prescott Mariana will be bitten if Kenny s alive or break the stiches Eleanor made when she gets to the car if Jane s alive.
    Kate and Mariana would go with eleanor ahead to Richmond.
    Kenny would trust Jesus while Jane would not trust him.
    there would be the ava flashback with Kenny wanting to join the New frontier while Jane would not want to .
    During the Conrad confrontation it could go very differently:
    Kenny s alive: Kenny would volunteer to go with Conrad if he let Clementine go to which Conrad agrees and let s gabe go Clementine tries to convince Kenny not to go but he ends up going anyway.
    Jane s alive: Jane tricks conrad ((A little like how she tricks troy except not doing that but attempting to calm him down)) and Shoots him in the foot and gets away with Clem and Conrad tells Tripp that she s with the new frontier but Tripp tells him that of course they fucking shot you you had a gun at them !
    in episode 3 Kenny would get kicked out With Conrad and the others if you dont give him the gun he s saved by Kenny shooting the walker that slowns him down on his way to the door. Also Mariana would eventually die from either the bite or the open wound .
    If she s to die by the bite then David mercy kills her and if she was shot then she dies on the richmond hospital and Lingard who was taking care of her as well as Kate makes sure she does not turn.
    if Jane s alive then she showns up with Clem during the zombie fight on their way to the warehouse.
    in the flashback it would be shown that if Jane was alive then she would have gone with Clem without much trouble since she thought AJ was a liability ((Which he is but i still like him.)) while Kenny would be enraged and punch David only to be Knocked out by another survivor from The new frontier and dragged to the point where they leave Clem.
    Kenny would want to kill David until he discovers AJ is alive and steps down.
    in episode 4 Jane or Kenny would ask Javier to look for Clementine because they lost her after they entered richmond again.
    and when you re About to go on the Mission Kenny/Jane will ask you in what position they should be in the plan and you would get a choice between telling them to go with Ava or Go with them to get the truck.
    Going with them to get the truck:
    Kenny: Kenny would help them push the truck and get in and he would also play The card game with Clem and Gabe .
    Jane: Jane would stay to lookout for people with Kate and she would be angry at Gabe and Gabe would end up not playing the card game with them and Kate would mention that when they re talking about Gabe s crush on Clem.
    Jane/Kenny would cover javier while he helps clementine get out of where she is during the shootout .
    telling them to go with Ava:
    Joan would get Jane/Kenny together with Ava and Tripp after Eleanor s betrayal and during David s hanging Joan would first execute Kenny and Jane and she would tell you to choose between Tripp and Ava but before you can say anything about that you hear a gun fire and Clementine shot Joan and then the shootout starts with Someone letting go of The rope holding David and gabe going to help David and then David and Ava would chase after Clint while Tripp covers you to help Clementine ((There would still be the choice between letting Gabe go with David or not.)) and the rest of the scene goes like normal.
    i would also have added more hubs and extra talk scenes to the Characters in Prescott to hear more about their backstory ((Francine, Conrad, Tripp and Eleanor.))

• yeah your ideas were really good pretty sure if Season 2 incorporated those things then it might have gotten game of the year like season 1.

dan290786 posted: »

Thanks man! Appreciate it!

• Thanks man, that means a lot for you to say that. I put weeks and weeks of work into writing it up. I wanted to make sure it was perfect before posting. Obviously i'd probably rewrite some things i put but i definitely felt season 2 should have involved Omid and Christa more and Carver should have survived longer as well. I'd love for Telltale to see what i put here

yeah your ideas were really good pretty sure if Season 2 incorporated those things then it might have gotten game of the year like season 1.

• I didn't read all, but damn that is detailed. Really nicely done!
    TT should hire you as a co-writer or something.

• Shame they'll never see this

I didn't read all, but damn that is detailed. Really nicely done! TT should hire you as a co-writer or something.

• I've always wondered what happened to Maybelle the cow...

• she flew into the sun then cooked herself

darthsansa posted: »

I've always wondered what happened to Maybelle the cow...

• She had her baby, who shielded his father's determinant dead body as the walkers invaded the farm.

darthsansa posted: »

I've always wondered what happened to Maybelle the cow...

• Lol

DabigRG posted: »

She had her baby, who shielded his father's determinant dead body as the walkers invaded the farm.

• edited May 2017

Holy shit Dan, where to begin...

Season One:

• Carley

Carley simply because I prefer her over Doug, she's a crack shot and an easy personality (sure Doug is too). Also I think she's a fitting partner for Lee, but I don't have that in mind usually, but that's what I am aiming for

Have a Carley or Clem type choice later on to show Lee's struggle who to look out for given his feelings for both characters for example, agreeing with Clem to look for her parents or agree with Carley to stay the course on finding the boat.

I go with finding Clem's parents still

Again, same with the Doug choices, Lee chooses whether to have Carley stay in the classroom with Ben or keep an eye out in the Crawford hallway and also like with Doug, she helps Lee kill the walkers by the medical room if the latter choice is chosen.

Gonna leave her with Ben since he always can use some help, haha. Also I am (Lee) is a crack shot so I can handle the walkers.
    And unfortunately, since I took her to Crawford, she dies saving Ben.

Mark

David/Travis alive, this will change things drastically for Mark later.
    David though, will have an arm and a leg gone instead.
    If Lee helps Kenny, Mark will comfort Clementine as it happens and we hear him telling her "keep your eyes closed Clementine, it will all be over soon" (words to that effect). Mark will tell Lee of his disappointment in his decision (as he gave his opinion about it before as i mentioned) but understands that it was necessary and he just wished Kenny would have done something less extreme as well as in front of Lilly and partially Clementine.

That's what's gonna happen until the meat locker. I also help Kenny put Larry down.

I would then proceed to to tell Mark to try and save the girl, which of course, will fail.
    Kenny will still help too with the door tho when it collapses onto Lee. :)

If Lee chooses the other option (other than staying silent), Mark will live and Lilly will shoot the bandit leader as normal in the game and the group scatter.

That's what happens next.

Ben/Kenny

Everything to do with Ben's character will all be the same as in the original game except that as i mentioned earlier, he does not die from the bell tower, he lives into Episode 5. His death will happen the same way it normally does except that when Kenny tells Lee to go, if Lee refuses, they argue and Lee will actually pull Kenny to safety, as the walkers will devour Ben alive. If he agrees to go, then Kenny will mercy kill Ben and be "lost to the herd" like in the original game.

I think I go for this one. Stupid Ben doesn't deserve to be devoured alive. And Kenny gets lucky anyway. ;)

Sorry for not being that creative in writing a lot, but that's how I would play it so far.
    Now on to...

Season 2

We can determinantly find out more about Omid and Christa's life if the player wishes it.

Definitely. I take every detail I can get.

Clem awakens as Omid and Christa check if she's ok and comment on the bite they found. Clem can determinantly tell them the truth or not. Regardless of what you choose, they know it was a dog bite because Christa tells her that Omid was bitten by a dog once after he saved their cat from being mauled and the bite looked identical to Clem's. If you lied to them, Christa or Omid will say "it's ok, you didn't have to lie. We wouldn't have turned against you Clem. When we found out that Lee was bit we stood by him and you know we'd do the same for you".

Telling the truth would be saying it's a dog bite, so... why would she lie and say it's walker bite? :D Oh or do you mean just a scratch or something along those lines? If so, that'd make sense. And seeing Christa's and Omid's response is heartwarming, just as we know them.

They of course refuse to leave Clem on her own and end up staying inside the shed with her.

That's our dream-team.

The shed is slightly larger than the original one from the game due to Omid and Christa's existence. After discussing what they should do, the original scene plays out as Clem heads out to search for things to patch herself up despite Omid and Christa disagreeing with her.

Naughty of her.

They console Nick for the loss of his mother and Clem can either accept or refuse his apology like in the game.

I accept his apology.

Rebecca later enters and is still being bitchy and untrustworthy.

Of course.

Next day, scene plays out the same as Clem goes with Pete and Nick to the river. Dialogue explains that Christa and Omid stayed behind to help out round the house and Clem was happy to go. Apart from the changed dialogue, everything else remains the same.

I go with Pete since Pete says everyone should round up with him and Nick would be pissed if we went to Nick.

(aww! More hugs in this game right guys? Lol)

Definitely want to see Clem more being hugged (in S1 from Lee, in 2 from Kenny, and in ANF from Javier, those were powerful hugs, even the ANF one, I give them that). MORE HUGS FOR CLEM!

Hug Me!

At the lodge after Clem reunites with Kenny, Christa and Omid turn up after dealing with the walkers at the bridge and also see Kenny alive to their surprise/disbelief. Inside the lodge when Nick and the group don't want to put their weapons down, Christa/Omid will tell them they can trust Kenny etc. We have a nice scene of the guys catching up since they last saw each other. Christa or Omid will say how they just can't believe he's alive and ask how he survived and unlike the "i got lucky, real lucky" crap you get in the actual game, this time he explains how he got out after trying to save Ben (as i mentioned earlier, there is no scene anymore where Kenny tries to save Christa instead). Possibly showing a flashback to what happened or he tells them how he managed to dive through a window to safety or he somehow pushed his way through the herd. The 3 also reminisce about Lee a lot more and maybe bring up other past characters.

But there DEFINITELY needs to be a minute or two where Omid and Christa leave them two alone. Other than that a perfect scene.
    BUT, is that an error? Because when Kenny saves Ben, he'll be lost to the herd OR he saves Christa and is lost to the herd. That's also what you said. Here you say "as I mentioned earlier, there is no scene anymore where Kenny tries to save Christa instead". Maybe I just misunderstand.

Clem is able to talk with Carlos/Alvin/Rebecca/Sarita/Walt to find out more about them unlike in the actual game.

I am glad!

At the dinner table scene, Kenny/Luke signal to Clem, Omid and Christa to sit with them. Christa tells Clem that they'll sit wherever Clem does. Usual choice now occurs.

Sorry Luke, but that one goes to Kenny.

(i think it is assumed Christa and Omid were told that Kenny's son was called Duck right? So i think they know he called her by his son's name)

I don't actually remember... The best I can bring up from the top of my head is that Lee tells them on the bridge, from where the truck hangs down, that Kenny has just lost wife and son, but didn't say any names. And after that there was not enough talking between Kenny, Christa and Omid to reveal that; or better there was not enough time. So no I don't think they know Kenny's son's name. But I guess they'd just assume that this was his son's name, since they're not stupid.

(because one thing that annoyed me in S2 was the group always relying on an 11 year old girl for everything)

Clementine For Hire

Haha, I agree, but it's not like most make it out that they turn to her for advice. Some are desperate and just wanna talk, but most of the time they decide what to do and Clem has to do the dirty work since she's small, silent and quick. When Clem said they won't leave Kenny. Luke shut her down by saying life ain't fair for example. So she doesn't get through with everything.
    But yes sometimes, like the wind turbine, they rely to heavily on her.

Nick's fate will as always be determinant.

Since I'd choose to tell the truth and say he's a good guy, he'll live through that one.
    I also leave the lodge to search for Kenny, and tell him to not shoot when Carver takes Alvin hostage

In Harm's Way

He asks Clem not to tell her anything they talked about. You can then keep his promise, say that she should know how he feels or stay silent. This will affectively have an outcome later on (only in dialogue, nor so much a major choice).

If Omid asks me to, I keep shut. He definitely needs a hug from Clem again.

Now here comes the big changes. After Luke is caught and the group is brought in front of Carver, Kenny as normal takes the blame for the missing radio and gets his eye bashed in. However, Carver plans to finish the job and fetches a crowbar. Before he strikes Kenny with it, Omid steps in and attempts to stop him which has severe consequences. Carver turns his attention to Omid and begins bashing his head in as Christa screams in terror, the others look distraught. Carver has sickeningly left Omid unrecognisable.

You fucking monster dan!!! (JK.) Jesus how could you. :(

I feel Omid's death would have a huge impact on you as the player witnessing a beloved character die this way and make us have a reason to hate Carver more.

Usually I stay and watch Kenny beat Carver to pulp, but now you can bet your ass that I want to take the crowbar myself.

And reading further, you take that what is dear to me now as well, no crowbar to Carver

Carlos dies, Sarah runs off and Sarita gets bit and has one less arm determinantly lol. End of episode.

Not in my playthrough. I kill the walker.

Amid The Ruins

If you keep Omid's promise and don't tell her (lying to her basically), then the same scene will occur with Rebecca telling Christa what Omid said and Christa will call Clem on her lie and be angry with you briefly such as certain dialogue when talking to her will be responded negatively to you (similar to the way Bonnie treats you if you didn't try to save Luke from the ice when she asked). She will later listen to Clem when she tells her that he asked her to promise not to say anything about it. Christa then apologises to her and says she understands and that it sounded as though it was something Omid would ask a good friend to do.

That's what happens for me.
    Honoring a promise even after death.

Sarah will be rescued from the trailer regardless because Nick will sacrifice himself to get her to safety.

Yep! That's what'd happen for me!

Howes had died including Shel and Becca

I am glad Becca died. Couldn't stand her.

more hubs and choice of whether you can talk to all the characters or not.

Expect me to take every hub and dialogue option I can get.

Clem can ask Kenny to come and help outside or handle it yourself.

While Kenny is a very able body, I think he's best used inside with Christa supporting Rebecca in that situation, since we got enough manpower outside.

If you pull her up, Mike and Luke will go down to save her instead.

That.

Clem sees Jane leaving as normal except this time she leaves for good (sorry Jane fans! And please know that it's not because of the whole resentment over the Kenny/Jane thing, i just felt it suited the situation more if she was left unknown like Molly or Lilly).

While I somewhat liked Jane, I think that is a pretty solid send-off.

If you leave straight away, snow will be starting to fall quite heavy like it does in the game.

That.

No Going Back

Clem can choose to warn him if she wishes however it's too late regardless.

Since my Clem is goodhearted, she'd do that, but still bye bye Mike. I am actually laughing at his death, even though I quite liked Mike (until the original ending).

(i mean come on? How could there be a choice of rescuing the baby or get behind cover? I didn't like that choice either I felt this was stupid! The natural instinct would be to try and save the baby at all costs).

I would've left it for good, but hey. (JK.) My problem with this forced bonding between Clem and AJ is, I feel indifferent towards babies, and so I feel indifferent towards AJ. I mean in the game, I went straight for AJ. But I don't feel anything for him. I just do what my morals dictate here.

Clem will have to choose to shoot either Russell or Wyatt.

Although I'd like to shoot that thug Russel, I more like to see Wyatt die, I dunno. I imagine a funny face when he dies. So I shoot Wyatt. (Seriously though, I NEVER laughed in any scene of TWD S1-ANF, unless it was supposed to be a light-hearted situation or supposed to be funny. I am pretty serious when playing, and always in the mood of the game. So I would probably feel sorry for Wyatt.)

took care of "the kid" if it was Russell or the "guy with the big beard" if it was Wyatt.

:D You sure Kenny wouldn't say of "the urban sonuvabitch"? Since he often says Ruskie or Commie. He's pretty free in his manner of speech (and I like it, it adds character. Not everyone is political correct, am I right?)

On the way to the town the group, come across the power station like in the original game and camp there for the night. Same scene plays out with extra dialogue and a choice to speak to each character, more hubs etc. Kenny apologises for the way he'd treated Clem, Christa reminisces/tells Clem a story about a time her and Omid sat under the stars and talked all night. Talking to Sarah reveals that she has finally accepted/acknowledged that her dad is gone and won't be back and talks about trying to be strong like Clem and that her friend Lee would be proud. Generally more info on all the characters when talking to them.

Calmer, longer. Thanks TTG_Dan! I'd have loved a longer campfire scene. More laughter, more joy.

Just then we see a split second shot of Troy who knocks Clem out.

That fucking bastard. I felt the urge to kill him when he backhanded Clem in E3.
    (Also Carver for slapping Clem when you keep staring or otherwise.) I get really aggravated if someone does something to my (our) Clementine!

Clem can tell him what happened to her,

That.

Walkers suddenly show up.

Just like TTG and AMC, you love popping Walkers, do you? :p

He will draw a knife and attempt to strike

The fuck he does!? Huh, swear!

Kenny will pick up a large rock and drop it on his head (and yes this is a nod to the Larry incident and i am sorry but my intention is not to offend anyone over this, merely just because I felt Carver deserved a death like this where as Larry didn't so this is making up for it lol).

Thanks! Got salt-licked even tho it's no salt lick.

This leaves Clem into making a decision to either go with Luke, Sarah and AJ or go with Christa and Kenny or a possible third choice (though i am not sure why she would but) to not go with anyone but for her to go it alone. Perhaps her reasons for the alone choice is to avoid the hurt of seeing more people die similar to how Jane acts within the group? Whatever choice is chosen will show a final scene of Clem walking off into the distance with either Kenny and Christa or Luke, Sarah and AJ or her walking off alone. End of season.

I would go with Kenny and Christa, and PLEASE add the Wellington scene, Christa AND Kenny begging Clem to stay inside because they want her safe? Damn...

One problem though, still 3 endings that need to come together at one point or another in Season Three. But I am sure you'll make something out of that. PLEASE don't kill them off, haha. :p

But seriously, this is amazing. I didn't read all when I made my first comment here and said they should hire you, I say it again now that I've read all. And I promised you I'd "play" your game. While I am not as creative, I hope that will suffice. It was fun as well and really insightful. Reading your ideas of S2, I wonder why TTG hasn't come up with something as good as yours. I mean, S2 is good, no doubt, but you added more depth to it and made a more interesting 2 last episodes.

Also nice small ideas in S1 but I noticed you didn't have as much space there because S1 is already quite awesome. But you made even more out of it with, for example, Mark.

Thanks for that Dan! I enjoyed and appreciated it.

Edit: Maybe we can talk about ideas later down the line. As I said, I am not that creative, and might be able to add details here and there.

• Telling the truth would be saying it's a dog bite, so... why would she lie and say it's walker bite? Oh or do you mean just a scratch or something along those lines? If so, that'd make sense. And seeing Christa's and Omid's response is heartwarming, just as we know them.

Yeah sorry, the determinant lie was supposed to be Clem avoiding telling the truth or making something up or saying something that gives herself a way. Didn't make that clear.

But there DEFINITELY needs to be a minute or two where Omid and Christa leave them two alone. Other than that a perfect scene. BUT, is that an error? Because when Kenny saves Ben, he'll be lost to the herd OR he saves Christa and is lost to the herd. That's also what you said. Here you say "as I mentioned earlier, there is no scene anymore where Kenny tries to save Christa instead". Maybe I just misunderstand.

Again sorry for not making it clear and that could have been a mistake i kind of made. I mentioned in my version that the player has a choice where Lee can determinantely pull Kenny to safety which sadly results in Ben being devoured alive and then later the scene of rescuing Christa still takes place in which Kenny then actually does get lost to the herd like in the original game. Or if Lee doesn't pull Kenny to safety, the original scene in the alley still takes place. Kenny mercy kills Ben and disappears in the herd and there is no scene of Christa being rescued obviously.

Also nice small ideas in S1 but I noticed you didn't have as much space there because S1 is already quite awesome. But you made even more out of it with, for example, Mark.

Yeah I didn't want to change loads from S1 because it was near perfect for me already but definitely wanted characters like Carley/Doug and Mark to live a bit longer. Season 2 needed loads doing to it which is why the majority was about that season and what i would change. Imagine how much better it would have been had Omid/Christa lived and had a proper role in this game? And making Carver and the remaining 400 days gang have more of a role, and chasing after them after Ep3?

Thank you very much for reading it all. Always means a lot!

Holy shit Dan, where to begin... Season One: * Carley Carley simply because I prefer her over Doug, she's a crack shot and an ea

• edited May 2017

Doug was cool as hell to me. I remember that during my first run I saved Carley just because she seemed sexier and more interesting to me. Then when I saved Doug on my second run I thought, "eff that b. I saved the wrong person."
    The season two characters are just a blur to me. They all died in short order, and few of them were memorable to me. People mention Luke and another white guy, and I remember Alvin and his wife just sort of being there.... then there were Russian gangsters and a dumb Russian kid who I hated..... Yeah. Season two was much worse than three.

• Yeah. Season two was much worse than three.

You're the only person i have seen to say that. I disagree but that is very interesting though.

IggyPopYo posted: »

Doug was cool as hell to me. I remember that during my first run I saved Carley just because she seemed sexier and more interesting to me. T

• Don't mention it, it was fun!

Telling the truth would be saying it's a dog bite, so... why would she lie and say it's walker bite? Oh or do you mean just a scratch or som

• I'd make Chet get his hot dish night

• Yes, she is sure to be in a snit lol

• Holy foq, why is this thread so popular all of a sudden? O-o I mean, I'm happy it and hopefully everyone's entries will get more attention again, but at the same time, kinda odd timing.

• Someone has to keep bumping the thread otherwise it gets forgotten lol

Holy foq, why is this thread so popular all of a sudden? O-o I mean, I'm happy it and hopefully everyone's entries will get more attention again, but at the same time, kinda odd timing.

• Well, it's a good read, so I wonder why it got forgotten in the first place.

Holy foq, why is this thread so popular all of a sudden? O-o I mean, I'm happy it and hopefully everyone's entries will get more attention again, but at the same time, kinda odd timing.

• I think a lot of people aren't patient enough to read the entire thing sadly

Well, it's a good read, so I wonder why it got forgotten in the first place.

• edited May 2017

Season 1
    Chuck's character had a lot of potential. I feel like he was killed off almost immediately before anything happened with him. I also liked Molly's character and wouldn't mind Clem running into her again if the writers could figure out a way to do it right. Other that, I wouldn't change a thing. Sure certain deaths hit me hard, especially Lee's and Carley's, but that's what makes The Walking Dead what it is.

Season 2
    The entire cabin group seemed to serve no purpose other than to fulfill the episode death quota. The way they immediately killed Omid was shity in my opinion. I'm really hoping Christa is alive and that we'll see her again, but it seems unlikely. And finally, killing off Carver midway through the season felt like a mistake to me.

A New Frontier
    I swear to God, the absolutely shity way they killed off Kenny/Jane via flashback is classic your choices don't really matter all of the determinant characters are going to die next episode anyway TellTale bullshit. It was exactly what I was afraid TellTale might do, but didn't really think they would. I thought, "TellTale wouldn't do that. They know that would piss off all of their fans. They'll take the time to write the determinant characters into the story.". WRONG! Killed of first episode via flashback. Fuck you TellTale.

• edited May 2017

Excellent post! Couldn't agree more on everything you said.

Conrad will die in Ep5. Determinant characters are always doomed!

Season 1 Chuck's character had a lot of potential. I feel like he was killed off almost immediately before anything happened with him. I

• since there are currently 8 Determinant characters that can currently still be alive we might actually get some of them surviving the season ((Althought its tecnically 5 since The 2 thugs Rufus and Lonnie dont count and its either Ava or Tripp.))

Excellent post! Couldn't agree more on everything you said. Conrad will die in Ep5. Determinant characters are always doomed!

• I bet they'll all die. Even if they don't we all know that eventually they will become surplus to requirements with death or unknown status's

since there are currently 8 Determinant characters that can currently still be alive we might actually get some of them surviving the season ((Althought its tecnically 5 since The 2 thugs Rufus and Lonnie dont count and its either Ava or Tripp.))

• edited May 2017

And if they make it into Season Four, they all die in the first 5 minutes.

I mean, I get it. You can't keep a determinant character in a story forever, since only a certain % of the players have them in their game. It's a challenge to tailor him into the story with him/her being relevant, but not too relevant. But killing them off that early is lame. If Conrad survives ANF, and would come into S4, make him somewhat relevant until E3 or something. So the player is left wondering when, or if, he/she dies. Instead the player being sure that it'll happen E1 of next season.

I bet they'll all die. Even if they don't we all know that eventually they will become surplus to requirements with death or unknown status's

• they could just simply have a character to replace Conrad if he died in season 3 like for example they re walking and they hear a sound and they vote whether to check it out or not ((It might be food , it could be a scavenger , could be a walker, etc)) and if Conrad s alive he votes not to check it out and they dont find that survivor but if he s dead then you find the survivor and he replaces Conrad s role .

And if they make it into Season Four, they all die in the first 5 minutes. I mean, I get it. You can't keep a determinant character in a

• im thinking Lingard s gonna live but stay at Richmond to try to rebuild it and only get mentioned by people later on.

I bet they'll all die. Even if they don't we all know that eventually they will become surplus to requirements with death or unknown status's

• That is one way to do that, but they would still need to write two characters, get what I mean? The Survivor and Conrad are not the same person, so there need to be two scripts anyway. Letting them behave the same would terminate the purpose having a character survive.

they could just simply have a character to replace Conrad if he died in season 3 like for example they re walking and they hear a sound and

• they would just change up the personality but have them both ultimatelly do the same like Carley and Doug in season 1.

That is one way to do that, but they would still need to write two characters, get what I mean? The Survivor and Conrad are not the same per

• so here s some extra things i thought up after i put up that rewrite of a new frontier.
    Gabe: I would change how gabe behaves depending on what you pick thought the game.
    for example if Javier shoots Conrad gabe thinks killing is the right solution and starts spouting the bullshit he says in episode 4 about getting hurt being worth it and tells javier to shoot Joan when clint offers them the deal while if Conrad is spared or Kenny volunteers to go with them to richmond if they let clem go/Jane tricks Conrad ((This thing with Jane and Kenny is from what i posted before.))
    then javier tells Gabe that violence is a last resort and should only be used if completely necessary which changes how gabe behaves in episode 3 on the choice of leaving with Kate or not which makes Gabe understanding of the choice but still angry at them regardless for being cowards.
    in episode 4 if You took kate to David s house and Conrad is dead then Gabe will start his argument about him not coming but when Javier talks about life being precious he almost tells tripp about conrad but manages to keep his mouth shut While if Javier left with Kate then gabe tells everyone about Conrad Now if Conrad is alive then in the beggining of the 4th episode no matter what Gabe s the one who rescues Javier from the prison and if Javier tried to leave with Kate then Gabe tells him that Kate tried to leave but he stopped her because her wounds were not completely healed and he tells him that he still doesnt trying to leave was the right call but he can understand why he did it.
    During the scene where Gabe attacks the random guy in episode 4 if Conrad is not dead or Javier took Kate to David s house then Gabe will be more understanding and listen to what Javier says and he wont attack the guy but they re still spotted and Javier s the one who charges him but gets stabbed anyway and goes to Dr lingard.
    If Conrad was not shot in episode 4 then Gabe will be more understanding of the Group not wanting him to participate in the plan but is included in it after Conrad leaves .
    During the choice between shooting Joan or talking the deal if Conrad is dead then Gabe will yell for Javier to shoot Joan but if Conrad is not dead then he knowns that there s another way out in which everyone can live and tells Javier to Take the deal.
    when the shootout begins and David starts charging towards Joan/Clint telling Gabe to Cover him then Gabe yells for him to stop and not go toward shooting Range but David ignores him and continues on while Gabe is dissapointed at his father and stays with Javier ((This is if either Conrad s not dead or Javier took Kate to David s house)).
    Eleanor: I would add something like Eleanor telling Javier she s sorry after Joan tells them she betrayed them if Conrad is alive/ Died in episode 3
    and that she was threatened by Joan saying she would Kill her and everyone else in the group while if she told her about their Plan she would not kill anyone from their Group but Kill David and Ava . She gets angry when Joan puts Tripp in the choice between Ava or Tripp and yells that she broke the deal and then one of the people from the New frontier Points a gun at her and Joan tells her not to interfere .
    Now if Conrad was killed in episode 2 Then eleanor tells Javier she did it because he shot Conrad and Joan offered her to leave her , Tripp , Clementine and Kenny/Jane alive if she took the deal and she has the same reaction when Tripp is dragged in there and Joan tells Javier to pick one.

• dont forget Maybelle the cow!

I'd make Chet get his hot dish night

• And in the show don't forget about Hershel's horse Nervous Nelly lol

dont forget Maybelle the cow!

• then revived and came back to blow up every determinant character still alive in a new frontier.

hesif posted: »

she flew into the sun then cooked herself

• Is Kenny/ Jane a determinant character?
    I saw the character list here: http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Season_3_(Video_Game) said they're (Kenny & Jane) determinant, is there any chance that they are alive...
    *I think my thoughts is if you choose to stay at wellington there might be a chance that Kenny is alive.
    *If you choose to leave Jane after she did to AJ and Kenny, there is a chance that Jane will live ( but she is pregnant I think she will attempted suicide... no chance to live?)

Sorry I am not good at english...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.