Tarot cards as collectable ?

Comments

• nikasaurnikasaur Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2009
    Making real copies of these cards is something that has come up before, but as of yet we haven't seen a way to integrate them into our merch or promotions. No promises either way, but many of us want them as badly as you do.
  • edited August 2009
    From the game... I have got my tools :p
    ooooooh...you have a texture extractor... nice!;)
    nikasaur wrote: »
    Making real copies of these cards is something that has come up before, but as of yet we haven't seen a way to integrate them into our merch or promotions. No promises either way, but many of us want them as badly as you do.

Maybe a .PDF and/or .JPG set as a prize in a future treasure hunt???
    Then people can print them theirselves at a higher resolution as the textures from the game.

The Journal was a great prize, so why not these???
  • edited August 2009
    PariahKing wrote: »
    Was there supposed to be a link here? >>

I think he was offering himself as a forum poster :rolleyes:
  • edited August 2009

You, sir, are a Photoshop God (even though you probably didn't use Photoshop >.>).
  • edited August 2009
    Huh, I thought the actual stored art would be larger for some reason.
  • edited August 2009
    It is larger... I've scaled it down so that it doesn't bloat the forum.
  • edited August 2009
    It is larger... I've scaled it down so that it doesn't bloat the forum.
    Ah. Do you think you could add in links to the original resolution?
  • edited August 2009
    I don't think Telltale would like that.
  • edited October 2009
    a friend sent this to me:

http://www.4shared.com/file/145529361/61f2311e/tarot_ep4.html
    credits to jose

waiting for a big resolution tarot card treasure!
  • edited October 2009
    Laserschwert, you rule, once again!
  • edited October 2009
    Laserschwert is cool.
  • edited October 2009
    nikasaur wrote: »

Oooh they could be part of the "case file" equivalent for ToMI - Should it be called the "Treasure Chest"?
  • edited October 2009
    MISM wrote: »
    a friend sent this to me:

http://www.4shared.com/file/137896568/12d4dfa1/tarot.html
    credits to jose

waiting for a big resolution tarot card treasure!
    This is pure awesomeness!! Thank you so much!

Still, I would LOVE to see these cards made into official merchandise. They rock!
  • edited October 2009
    Sorry for double-posting, but I just wanted to say once again: Thank you so much, MISM and jose for creating & posting this PDF file of the tarot cards!

Why (again)?

Because I printed them in a way to make real cards out of them:

MI5-Tales-Cards1.jpg

MI5-Tales-Cards2.jpg

Pretty neat, aren't they? I hope you'll post the cards from the other 2 games (at least I hope there'll be more cards in Chapter 4 and 5) like that, too. ;)
  • edited October 2009
    Those look great! I was about to try that too, maybe I will.
  • edited October 2009
    Glee! I gotta figure out how to print these so the backs and front line up properly.

(And nice nails BeeKay84. Rounded nails all the way for me, too.)
  • edited October 2009
    Lena_P wrote: »
    Glee! I gotta figure out how to print these so the backs and front line up properly.
    I printed them all out with the backside right next to each of the cards (I prepared that in Photoshop), then glued both sides together and cut them out. Then, I needed to press them for a while, because the glue made them all go wavy. Hope that was a good explanation.

Of course, they're not that stable, made of paper, but I like how they turned out and will handle them with care, as long as TTG don't release real cards... which I would handle with even more care, of course. ;)
    (And nice nails BeeKay84. Rounded nails all the way for me, too.)
    Why, thanks. They were a bit long already, though, had to cut them recently (rounded of course ;)).
  • edited October 2009
    BeeKay84 wrote: »
    I printed them all out with the backside right next to each of the cards (I prepared that in Photoshop), then glued both sides together and cut them out. Then, I needed to press them for a while, because the glue made them all go wavy. Hope that was a good explanation.

Hmm, I hadn't thought of that. Maybe when I get some free time I'll try it with a piece of thin pasteboard between. And I know what you mean about the nails; when I start typing with my nails more than my fingers I know it's time to file 'em down.
  • edited October 2009
    So I guess I need more than just paper, I know I'm going to forget to make some of these...
  • edited October 2009
    Just to say would be AWSOME to have physical copies of the tarrot cards seen in each episode of Tales. The artwork is so awsome especially the De Singe card :D
  • edited October 2009
    Shame Telltale / LA are so slow, its money to be made. Get moving please! :D wtb some high quality cards and my Murray alarm clock.
  • edited November 2009
    Cards from Chapter 4 as PDF anyone? Please? :)
  • edited November 2009
    check again
  • edited November 2009
    Awesome! Thanks a lot for these cards.

(I'm reposting the link since it's been a bit buried under the posts:
    http://www.4shared.com/file/145529361/61f2311e/tarot_ep4.html)
  • edited November 2009
    Sorry for double-posting, but I just wanted to say once again: Thank you so much, MISM and jose for creating & posting this PDF file of the tarot cards!

Why (again)?

Because I printed them in a way to make real cards out of them:

MI5-Tales-Cards1.jpg

MI5-Tales-Cards2.jpg

Pretty neat, aren't they? I hope you'll post the cards from the other 2 games (at least I hope there'll be more cards in Chapter 4 and 5) like that, too. ;)

Wow.... they look even MORE awesome in physical form!
  • edited November 2009
    Katsuro wrote: »
    Wow.... they look even MORE awesome in physical form!
    They sure do! :)

Gotta print out the new ones now.

Thank you so much again, MISM! ;)
  • edited November 2009
    What's the usual size of tarot cards?
  • edited November 2009
    Are you gonna also do the "infinite" future Tarot card? ;)
  • edited December 2009
    Dearest MISM, could you please upload the remaining tarot cards from "Rise of the Pirate God"? Or anyone else? Thank you very much in advance! :)
  • edited December 2009
    im lost and curious.. how was this done.. totally fan based? where was the pics source and how is this allowed?

i soo want a deck but i thought TTG was making packs
    idk
  • edited December 2009
    Dearest MISM, could you please upload the remaining tarot cards from "Rise of the Pirate God"? Or anyone else? Thank you very much in advance! :)

Ok, lets do it

TarotOfMonkeyIsland
  • edited December 2009
    Ok, lets do it

TarotOfMonkeyIsland
    You are my hero! :) Thank you so much!! *hugs*
  • edited December 2009
    And to be truly on-topic, having those voodoo cards in the store or as a bonus in something like the Sam and Max Case File would be awesome.
    "Bonus"? I'd pay a fair bit fair a full 78 card Tarot deck on it's own! Maybe even with some came rules to come with it, which wouldn't need to be based on the original 14th century tarot card games...
  • NaoNao
    edited December 2009
    Ok, lets do it

TarotOfMonkeyIsland
    Nice, thanks!
    Are they all in it? I thought I saw an extra Morgan card at some point during episode 5...
  • edited December 2009
    i coulda swore the grand prize for the MI contest thing was a pack like the sam n max file

or was i dreaming?

anyone have pics of the sam n max cards? I can confirm I have purchased i think 6 of these now and only have 2 different cards.. soo annoying..
    I get a case file everytime i order something..
    so if anyone has doubles.. save me some money here
  • edited December 2009
    Tilan wrote: »
    Awesome! Thanks a lot for these cards.

(I'm reposting the link since it's been a bit buried under the posts:
    http://www.4shared.com/file/145529361/61f2311e/tarot_ep4.html)
    It's unfortunate that the images in the PDF are so strongly compressed. :(
  • edited December 2009
    TheHutt wrote: »
    It's unfortunate that the images in the PDF are so strongly compressed. :(

i realy want that as a collectible
    but...
    ok

bmp files

too big to upload
    :mad:
  • edited December 2009
    i love the illustration on the tarot cards, i think there awesome, owning them would be cool
Sign in to comment in this discussion.