Tales From The Borderlands miscellaneous subjects thread

Comments

• I mean August wanted to know too.

Dozurany posted: »

Asking the real questions around here

• edited October 2016

Yet he, like all of us, are still waiting. What's Rhys really hiding? And I don't mean the pickle

Poogers555 posted: »

I mean August wanted to know too.

• So apparently Patrick Warburton has been cast to play Lemony Snickett in A Series Of Unfortunate Events. Even after seeing the trailer, I'm having a hard time picturing him in the role.

"For the exact same reason why North is North, why the handsome guy always gets the girl, and why every spaceship in the universe is phallic - a word which here means 'shaped like a cock'..."

• :)

Also

Hey man

I'm not a man :D

Hey man, it's alright. You're not the only person who thinks this. For all we know, you could be right.

• Oh yeah, definitely.

I legitimately think Fiona may have brought bowler hats back in style.

• Neither am I, dude.

Also Hey man I'm not a man

• Does anyone know how well this game sold? Do Telltale ever release sales figures? I've read some numbers on TWD S1, but that's it.

• The only real way we can really see sales is through steam data base, and Tales has sold about 556k copies on steam. So its kinda hard to know how much it sold on other platforms, although Im pretty sure steam is the platform that has sold the most.

Ekelund21 posted: »

Does anyone know how well this game sold? Do Telltale ever release sales figures? I've read some numbers on TWD S1, but that's it.

• I just watched it. As far as I can tell, this must be the only role where Patrick Warburton actually changed his voice.

(He uses the same Vasquez voice in The Emporer's New Groove, which is why I always imagine Vasquez fawning over spinach puffs.)

Courtenay posted: »

So apparently Patrick Warburton has been cast to play Lemony Snickett in A Series Of Unfortunate Events. Even after seeing the trailer, I'm

• edited October 2016

Edit: Let's just say i thought of the possible shitcorse which could happened for the joke i made

RhysAndLee posted: »

Does Rhys jack off with his robo-arm?

• Now I'm really curious to what the joke was.

lottii-lu posted: »

Edit: Let's just say i thought of the possible shitcorse which could happened for the joke i made

• Huh, this sometimes comes to my mind- and I can;t remember if I've ever mentioned it. (Probably have.)

The final climax with Handsome Jack reminds me of the ending to that one Call of Duty game. (The one with Kevin Spacey) It's one big coincidence the way I see it. So the protagonist in Tales and this COD game are both played by Troy Baker. In the final climax between him and the villain, who happens to own a corporation; the Atlas Corporation. And the protagonist must sacrifice taking off his robot arm in order to defeat the villain who tried to give him another chance at being something.

It's all one big coincidence, but it erks me every now and then. Reminding me of this wonderful game. (Even though I haven't played either in a long time)

• It's just past midnight here, that means it today is exactly 1 year since episode 5 was released. Happy anniversary everyone!

• So Battleborn just got its first Borderlands 3 easter egg.

Theres graffiti hidden in a corner in a shadow that can be seen when lightning happens, but it says Promethea (And then a Vault Symbol)

Promethea is the planet that Atlas first landed on which had alien technology which they used. Rhys now owns Atlas so maybe....

• edited February 2017

Oh yeah!
    enter image description here

So Battleborn just got its first Borderlands 3 easter egg. Theres graffiti hidden in a corner in a shadow that can be seen when lightning

• edited February 2017

Do you see it?

• Yup! I too have noticed and thought the same, but it may just be a coincidence. Who knows how long that game has been in development...

Foreshadowing for the Mr. Robot game that TTG published, or just coincidence? At one point, Sasha calls Rhys Mr. Roboto too, but that seems

• edited January 2017

Let's see...
    echo-eye

[EDIT] Now eye see it! They don't call them wildlife for nothing.

Do you see it?

• Unless it's a very tiny Waldo holding a [SEASON 2 CONFIRMED] sign, I don't care.

(I'm just kidding. Help a dummy out? What am I supposed to be seeing? Hints!)

Do you see it?

• I got you covered

Unless it's a very tiny Waldo holding a [SEASON 2 CONFIRMED] sign, I don't care. (I'm just kidding. Help a dummy out? What am I supposed to be seeing? Hints!)

• enter image description here

Looks legit to me! Book it

I got you covered

• Fiona's derringer is sticking out of that tree next to Athena.

Unless it's a very tiny Waldo holding a [SEASON 2 CONFIRMED] sign, I don't care. (I'm just kidding. Help a dummy out? What am I supposed to be seeing? Hints!)

• We got a winner ;) it was such a weird glitch, but at least I saw it fast enough to get a screenshot.

TenkGrow posted: »

Fiona's derringer is sticking out of that tree next to Athena.

• Oooh thank you. I thought that was just a random glowy psychedelic sperm

TenkGrow posted: »

Fiona's derringer is sticking out of that tree next to Athena.

• enter image description here

Oooh thank you. I thought that was just a random glowy psychedelic sperm

• Don't you look at me like that

You can't unsee it now, can you?

• Can Rhys feel with his robot arm? He can punch stuff with it without feeling pain, but maybe he can turn that on and off? There's quite a lot of fan art of him caressing probably all the characters that's in the game, that's what got me thinking of it.

• Hey guys not really related to TftB but...

WHO THE HELL IS KRIEG!?

I heard he's a playable character for BL2, but I only get to choose one out of four protagonist, HOW THE HELL DO YOU GET KRIEG!? Does he show up as a new protagonist later? I can buy Machanomancer (or whatever hoy spell it) and Phsyco stuff in Zed's machines, and he looks like a Phsyco, so I'm guessing that stuff is for him, BUT I COULDN'T CHOOSE HIM AT THE BEGINING!

WHAT'S GOING OOOOOOOOOOON!?

• He's DLC, you gotta buy him.

Hey guys not really related to TftB but... WHO THE HELL IS KRIEG!? I heard he's a playable character for BL2, but I only get to choose

• So... what are these things I can buy then? I couldn't choose him at the begining, so I'm assuming I don't have him (my father is usually the one who buys the games and stuff, so idk if I have him or not), but these thing are still there!

He's DLC, you gotta buy him.

• If you had Krieg as a DLC then he would appear when you get to choose your vault hunter. Things that say they are for mechromancer and psycho still appear in the game regardless of if you have the DLC or not though.

So... what are these things I can buy then? I couldn't choose him at the begining, so I'm assuming I don't have him (my father is usually the one who buys the games and stuff, so idk if I have him or not), but these thing are still there!

• edited November 2016

Ok, thanks.

Edit: I don't want to bother anyone with my nonsense, but I just remembered some people shipping Maya and Krieg.

How is that even possible? all other protagonist die/dissapear/leave when you choose one... don't they? How can people ship two of these characters this way!?

If you had Krieg as a DLC then he would appear when you get to choose your vault hunter. Things that say they are for mechromancer and psycho still appear in the game regardless of if you have the DLC or not though.

• In cannon none of the Vault Hunters die after the train crash, it's just the way of explaining why there's only 1 vault hunter. If you play with friends it isn't just you waking up in the snow.

Ok, thanks. Edit: I don't want to bother anyone with my nonsense, but I just remembered some people shipping Maya and Krieg. How is th

• I know, I know.

But it still doesn't explain why PEOPLE SHIP MAYA WITH KRIEG!

In cannon none of the Vault Hunters die after the train crash, it's just the way of explaining why there's only 1 vault hunter. If you play with friends it isn't just you waking up in the snow.

• I know, I know. But it still doesn't explain why PEOPLE SHIP MAYA WITH KRIEG!

• Well, that explains a lot! Thank you!

• I remember some time ago I encountered this glitch in episode five of Tales, where I accidentally got the intro song to reloop itself (I think it resulted in when I clicked out of the window while it was ending) and part of me wishes they kept that theme going while Rhys walked around the crash. It fit really well.

• I just noticed that out of all of Telltale's recent games from Walking Dead season 1, Tales from the Borderlands is the only Telltale game to not have the playable adult male protagonist have a beard or any type of facial hair at all, or ever have for a little bit. RIP Rhys' facial hair, what a loser being the only one.

• That's alright, Vaughn's glorious beard is enough.

I just noticed that out of all of Telltale's recent games from Walking Dead season 1, Tales from the Borderlands is the only Telltale game t

Sign in to comment in this discussion.