The Fate of Yvette

So did you guys give Yvette a chance to redeem herself or did you leave her in the prison cell killing her later in the process?

Comments

• I left Yvette. She betrayed Rhys and then acted like a bitch about it. She deserved it.

• That s probably cause you used the stun batton on her if you do the talking her out of it option or the shock her with dumpy ((if you sided with jack in episode 2)) She apologizes to you in episode 5 .

RhysAndLee posted: »

I left Yvette. She betrayed Rhys and then acted like a bitch about it. She deserved it.

• NEVER FORGIVE. NEVER FORGET

• Well I chose to electrocute her with my stun baton in Episode 4, so the choice of letting her out of her cell never came up. But even if I didn't, no way in hell was I going to free her, let her go down with Helios and die in the crash, I don't care.

• My first time through I didn't even know you could help her, but in my second playthrough I let her escape with me. In my opinion I thought she redeemed herself back on Pandora.

• Wow, you all are cold! Yeah, she was a viper, but I could never bring myself to punish her like that. And on my first playthrough, I was afraid she would have a crucial role later on and I'd be supremely screwed if I didn't rescue her.

And from a roleplay perspective, Rhys said they put some knives into select backs to get where they were in the beginning, so he knew the game she was playing. But when Jack flipped the board over, the game didn't matter anymore.

• On my first playthrough, the moment she revealed herself to be a traitor, I became completely cold and ruthless toward her. My Rhys was actually taking a page out of Handsome Jack's book in regard to ruthlessness. I left her in the cell.

• Was she lying when she said she was actually trying to help? When you confront her in the cell, it seems like she makes it up as she goes along, but I could never really tell.

• edited September 2016

She contradicts herself when she "apologizes". In episode 4 she says you were dead anyway the moment you landed on Pandora and flat out says she wanted to get something out of Rhys and Vaughn's deaths, while in episode 5 she says they guaranteed they Rhys and Vaughn would be kept alive. She was only faking an apology to save her own ass

UrbanRodrik posted: »

That s probably cause you used the stun batton on her if you do the talking her out of it option or the shock her with dumpy ((if you sided with jack in episode 2)) She apologizes to you in episode 5 .

• i dont know how you like jack but hate yvette, honestly i freed her she may act like a bitch but nothing compared to jack.

• Mercy and forgiveness is how I live my life, so I saved Yvette. I mean, we drop Helios and kill like 1000s of people, if I could at least save my friend, I'd feel SLIGHTLY less guilty about it. Yvette was just playing "the game", as someone put it. All three of them have backstabbed people before, they couldn't stay in Hyperion for long if they couldn't handle casual betrayals and friendships all in one.

• edited October 2016

I was mad that she sold us out, but I still talked her down. I couldn't leave Yvette behind in that cell. It didn't feel right. Maybe I was being too nice, but I chose not to hold a grudge against her, so I told her I'd let her out if she helped me. I even saved her from being vacuumed into outer space. So yeah, I gave Yvette a second chance, she redeemed herself and I forgive her.

• edited November 2016

I left her to get burnt up in that cell as Helios crashed into Pandora.

I don't forgive traitors unless they had good reason for what they did, or if they don't at least regret it.

• Doesnt change the fact the reactor scene is alot better with her and that she s probably not gonna do that again because you known vaughn and the children of Helios ((Also if you re feeling really angry against her you can take her out of the cell get to the reactor scene then kick her off to space))

She contradicts herself when she "apologizes". In episode 4 she says you were dead anyway the moment you landed on Pandora and flat out says

• i dint even notice this thread was still Alive O_o ((NOW TO READ SEVERAL ANSWERS GO!))

• I haven't played it in a while, but I remember that she got off Helios fine - What happened after it crashed? I don't recall

• When you left Yvette in her cell and just wanted to forget about her, but then you blow up Helios and she dies

enter image description here

• If you rescue her from Helios, she will be around for the fight with The Traveler.

Nikolizzle posted: »

I haven't played it in a while, but I remember that she got off Helios fine - What happened after it crashed? I don't recall

• Oh that's right, she was with Vaughn trying to work the cannon!

Ekelund21 posted: »

If you rescue her from Helios, she will be around for the fight with The Traveler.

• I like the reactor scene better with just Rhys. And she wouldn't do it again because there isn't really an opportunity to do it again since Helios is just a pile of debris now

Doesnt change the fact the reactor scene is alot better with her and that she s probably not gonna do that again because you known vaughn an

• So you don't call Assquez threatening to slaughter her a good enough reason? The people on Hyperion aren't trained badasses like Fiona, dude. Yvette was a coward just like Rhys and Vaughn.

I left her to get burnt up in that cell as Helios crashed into Pandora. I don't forgive traitors unless they had good reason for what they did, or if they don't at least regret it.

• edited November 2016

She didn't seem to regret it, though...at least from what I remember about TFTB. It's been a long time since I last played it, so I can't remember much. ¯(ツ)

So you don't call Assquez threatening to slaughter her a good enough reason? The people on Hyperion aren't trained badasses like Fiona, dude. Yvette was a coward just like Rhys and Vaughn.

• It depends on what you do after her betrayal if you personally shock her with a stun baton she Pretty much Snaps at you in episode 5 which makes most people not want to get her out of there. But she apologizes to you if you either talk her down or Shock her with Dumpy ((Companion robot you get from choosing Jack in episode 2))

She didn't seem to regret it, though...at least from what I remember about TFTB. It's been a long time since I last played it, so I can't remember much. ¯(ツ)/¯

• edited November 2016

True enough althought i always save Yvette cause im really not a big fan of the reactor scene without her in it.

Poogers555 posted: »

When you left Yvette in her cell and just wanted to forget about her, but then you blow up Helios and she dies

• I personally sided with Jack the entire storyline but let Yvette die. I wanted to run Hyperion with jack and kill Yvette as my first 'executive order'

• P.S the reason I let her die was because when she saw 'Vasquez' come in she was only concerned about Rhys' body which implies she knew he'd be dead and only wanted the brain. This means her entire apology is a lie. She got what she deserved

Benjamin666 posted: »

I personally sided with Jack the entire storyline but let Yvette die. I wanted to run Hyperion with jack and kill Yvette as my first 'executive order'

• Its Borderlands its not supposed to be taken serious unlike GOT and other games . and it is more because of Hyperion s teachings for example when Rhys tells Sasha Everyone s willing to use your head as a boost to go higher in the corporate Ladder i think that now that Vaughn s running the shown with the Children of Helios no one really has that mindset anymore.

Benjamin666 posted: »

P.S the reason I let her die was because when she saw 'Vasquez' come in she was only concerned about Rhys' body which implies she knew he'd be dead and only wanted the brain. This means her entire apology is a lie. She got what she deserved

• edited December 2016

I saved her. I don't believe in letting anyone die unless they're truly pure evil.

• She had no good reason to sell Rhys out so she deserved to die.

• A lot of cold blood in here.

• edited December 2016

I hit Yvette with the stun baton and left her in the cell after telling her how much I hated her. She hopefully died in the crash.

I don't regret my decision-no friend turns into a lying, greedy asshole, attempts to get me and my bro killed and tries to talk smack on my other friends without punishment.

• Vaughn agreed to the deal with Vasquez and he does the same thing that Yvette does ((If you dont hit her with the stun batton)) she makes up an excuse and you have the option to forgive her or not.

LawmanZero posted: »

I hit Yvette with the stun baton and left her in the cell after telling her how much I hated her. She hopefully died in the crash. I don'

• I can forgive Vaughn because he only took the deal out of a desire to get Vasquez off him and Rhys's backs, and openly stood up to Vasquez when he was confronted about it. Besides, he was proven to be a loyal friend throughout the rest of the game.

Yvette, on the other hand, acted like a douche the entire time in Episode 4.

Vaughn agreed to the deal with Vasquez and he does the same thing that Yvette does ((If you dont hit her with the stun batton)) she makes up an excuse and you have the option to forgive her or not.

• I used the baton on her to stun her. She sold out a good friend for money and research. She asks you when you are in the form of Vasquez "Were is Rhys's body and his head. I need that head". So basically she assumed that you had been killed and wanted money for her part of the deal. To me that shows that she is a very evil person. I left her to die in the cell. Someone like that deserves no redemption, especially in Borderlands.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.