Why do you hate School/Why did you hate School?

Comments

• Synthetic pot is bad shit, congrats on getting off that stuff.

I loved school and almost all of my teachers. The only reason that I hated some aspects of school was mostly due to bullies and annoying kid

• But Lee your a teacher

I hate high school already because half the shit we learn is so useless, and then there is homework (currently in the 9th Grade)

• Oh then I wouldn't know. I'm in 10 grade. What were these old, happy times of schooling like?

Common Core bs. Common Core was invented long after I had completed school and it's a disaster. I learned about it after helping my niece an

• Was.

Erinour posted: »

But Lee your a teacher

• I hate high school b/c the teachers only ever reward the stupid kids who misbehave all class, for being occasionally good, unlike someone like me whom works hard in school and has never misbehaved in class my whole school career, meaning primary to 11. Also I loath the obnoxious younger grades who think they're tough shit b/c now they're in high school, so in their minds that makes them entitled to everything regardless of their lack of a hard days work in their life. I hate that school has to be so PC all the time. I know it has its place and that being un-PC can really offend people, but my high school has gotten so PC that I can't even make a joke about being triggered without my english teacher giving the whole class a 20 minute speech about why using the word triggered isn't PC. High school is just annoying, I don't get bullied or anything so maybe i shouldn't be complaining, but I still hate high school.

• I don't hate school to be honest, I've had my 'school sucks' moments, but I always reminded myself that the education I have is a privilege that many children and teenagers around the world long to have.

Despite popular belief, school doesn't just teach us useless crap but I won't argue with the education system being unsubstantial - because for the most part, it kind of is.

Although, for me personally, in my high school experience I've learned to become more independent, I've discovered the best way for me to learn, it's the only reason I got to know so many great people, allot of whom I've come to know as friends and it has given me information I likely would've never discovered outside of school. Despite learning a great bunch from the internet, I can't say I'd be the person I was today, have a good job, be quick to adapt to new surroundings, have the confidence I do and have so many great people around me if it weren't for school.

Of course, school isn't perfect. I really would've loved to learn more about life skills - such as learning to cook, live on a budget, about buying a house, learning how to fix everyday objects and stuff like that which I feel would have actually come in use, instead I ended up only learning what I am interested in, rather than what I needed to learn - which isn't necessarily such a bad thing, I know allot of people expect parents to teach us all of that crap but let's face it - not all parents know everything themselves, especially if years have gone by since they've had to do something that you likely will be doing as soon as you leave high school.

School still taught important things but, for me, they didn't always do it in the best way. They taught us that fitness is good for a healthy body, especially if you wanna live longer, it's true but I personally didn't like being pushed to my limits when my Asthma was worse - I remember my Physical Education teachers always pushing me when I struggled to breathe and that was one of the things I hated the most about school - they never take into account the different adversities each individual student faces. They taught us all mostly the same and I think that was the biggest failure for the education system, we're all taught in virtually the same way when in reality, each of us learns in a different way, sometimes the complete opposite way to how the teacher decides to teach their students and to be honest, unless we obtain advanced technology, I don't think each individual student will be able to learn as efficiently as they can.

In the end, however, I still loved school, despite all the times it's made my life feel like it sucked, it still helped me become who I am today and that is a person I can finally say I am proud of.

• Hey, you sound just like Eren.

Nice post tho.

prink34320 posted: »

I don't hate school to be honest, I've had my 'school sucks' moments, but I always reminded myself that the education I have is a privilege

• It's different for me.

I always beat up my bullies now matter how many of them I face. I mostly lose but at least I show them that I'm not afraid.

I never really understood why people are too afraid to face their bullies. I always just go at them head on if they try to do something to me.

dunga posted: »

Damn, that's really depressing...is everyone that scared of bullies or no one cares?

• Ahaha I feel you man

High school was not chill, but college was dope. I miss not having anything to do until noon every day.

• edited January 2017

I'm Y9 (British) and I only don't like it because I have to get up early and do work that I don't want to do and there are some assholes in school, but seriously, most of the stuff we learn about isn't going to help us later in life. Sure, I enjoy learning about history and stuff, but I haven't learned and don't think I will learn about serious stuff later in life, like how to apply for a job maybe? Taxes? Insurance stuff that I'm clueless about?

• edited January 2017

Good old times two days ago.

enter image description here

jk. It's great that you are visiting the forums more often again.

EDIT: I'm too tired to be making jokes, that was pathetically bad.

High school was not chill, but college was dope. I miss not having anything to do until noon every day.

• edited January 2017

I'm in senior year and I have the worst case of senioritis ever. Also, anyone who tells you senior year is easy is fucking lying. At my school anyway.

• edited January 2017

Bullies and assholes and administrators who'd sooner get a kid in trouble and ruin their future than to actually counsel and talk to them.

• tfw CAITT totally misses ur point

enter image description here

• This is not wrong.

Bullies and assholes and administrators who'd sooner get a kid in trouble and ruin their future than to actually counsel and talk to them.

• edited January 2017

I saw a thread like this and gave my thoughts once in full detail so I won't go untill much detail.
    I hate school for way to many reasons, liars, cheaters, not caring about people and so on the only good thing it does is helping handicapt people... The students are just as bad they are basicly rebellion assholes taking drugs and having sex with each other because if you are a asshole you get sex no seriously wanna get laid my school is the right start! Be a dick and smoke talk to a girl and here ya go sex on school.
    Violence and other things the students disgust me for many more reasons like breaking stuf, supporting bullies and more I hate my school like a dissease it is nothing more than another black spot on life itself.
    I have respect for the people who witnessed a school shooting and don't support it. If somebody ever does a terrorist attack on school I wouldn't be surprised and that makes me afraid I just hope my friends and the good teachers will get out if that happens.
    Yeah... That is how I feel about my school

• mostlypoptartsmostlypoptarts ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

ayyyy

Good old times two days ago. jk. It's great that you are visiting the forums more often again. EDIT: I'm too tired to be making jokes, that was pathetically bad.

• emilybuckshotemilybuckshot Former Telltale Staff

I loved school. Like, really, really, really loved school. There's nothing better in life than learning, growing, and experiencing new things. I generally preferred school to my home life- there were more books, more people to interact with. School was where my friends were, where my adult mentors were. My teachers were far more influential in my development as a person and as an artist than my parents ever were. I was that kid who stayed at school in the library for multiple hours after the day ended, because I knew there was more out there than my teachers were able to tell me in their short class sessions. This love of school only got stronger through undergrad and grad school. I still take online courses frequently because if I'm not evolving and gaining more knowledge, why am I even alive?

• [removed]

• BigBlindMaxBigBlindMax Banned
    edited January 2017

I still take online courses frequently because if I'm not evolving and gaining more knowledge, why am I even alive?

To make more humans. :/

Seriously though, continuing education is great. It's always the right time to learn a new subject or trade. My dad is sixty and just enrolled in a "Pastry and Baking" course at the local community college.

I loved school. Like, really, really, really loved school. There's nothing better in life than learning, growing, and experiencing new thing

• edited January 2017

Schools where I live have corporal punishment. You get slapped around some, maybe get caned if you really, really fuck up royally. Treat students like shit, too. It's kind of..well, alot like prison. Odd stuff happens in the um..bathrooms..yeah. Cut your hair, trim your nails, that sort of thing, too. If you let anyone, and I mean anyone punk you, you're going end up being a punching bag. Even for some of the more unsavory teachers.

If you get a rep (of which there are only 3 of - in my experience), most people will do these things depending on your rep:

The class A student: others will occasionally suck up to you and try to get you to "help" them during the exams.

a punching bag (aka, bitch): don't need to clarify here.

and last but not least, that guy. Who's that, you may ask?

Well, that's the guy that put the other guy in the hospital. That's the guy that spent time in juvie. Probably a sound idea to keep your distance from him...the only upside of being that guy is that even the biggest assholes and bullies in school would tuck their tails and run if he was coming for em.

I'm that guy. Not gonna lie..I was kicked and punched around for 5 fucking years. Then..one day I just blew up, I'll never forgive myself for not standing my ground from the start. That's okay though..I really hurt them back. Now I can literally punch someone in the face as hard as I can, and they'll be too afraid to hit back. I'm not an asshole though. I hate bullies, and I will never see someone weaker and get bullied infront of me. I know what it feels like, and I fucking know how bad it was to get abused in front of everyone, my weak self hoping someone would stand up for me. No one ever did, though. Yeah, fuck em all. I'll be the one to break the cycle, and I hope everyone that was bullied to be the same guy that stands up for others.

• emilybuckshotemilybuckshot Former Telltale Staff

That's awesome! Good for your dad! I have a lot of respect for that.

Btw- I don't and am not planning to have kids, so I'm pretty sure that's not why I'm here. But I understand your sentiment ;)

BigBlindMax posted: »

I still take online courses frequently because if I'm not evolving and gaining more knowledge, why am I even alive? To make more hum

• I used to hate school untill my sophomore year, but when you're a senior, and you're an introvert person, everything changes.

People are just so much nicer and everything seems so much easier in the senior year that it's easier for anyone to get out of their shell and be more sociable and have more friends.

If only, the senior year wasn't the last one. :\

Enjioy your high school moments kids.

• Wow, you're not wrong there xD that wasn't my intention btw lol

MarijaaNo7 posted: »

Hey, you sound just like Eren. Nice post tho.

• Because I wasn't a very smart person so I got low grades in some subjects and fell behind, making it even worse.

• It was difficult, some of the stuff I had was laced with opium. I had the same withdrawal as a heroin addict, f the FDA lol.

BigBlindMax posted: »

Synthetic pot is bad shit, congrats on getting off that stuff.

• edited January 2017

I mean, middle school sucked because all the fricking annoying kids trying to act all ghetto and cool, and all their "fights," blegh. High school's good because I got accepted in one of the best in our state, and most importantly, AWAY FROM THOSE ANNOYING KIDS.

• They shouldn't be even having sex in the first place.

joshua007 posted: »

I saw a thread like this and gave my thoughts once in full detail so I won't go untill much detail. I hate school for way to many reasons,

• Bulling enough said :{

• edited January 2017
    For me it was weird, because I genuinely loved learning and studying, it's something I just enjoyed and I'd often just keep studying in Recess and when I got home even if I never bothered with homework, but I hated other people, I was small, girly and nerdy which is not the best recipe in México in particular, but besides that I was also very serious and socially awkward in the sense that I was completely unable to read between the lines, this kinda combined into paranoia and I just kind off assumed everyone had it against me, which again with my inability to read people just grew more and more, every time someone was nice I just assumed they were setting me up for something, I even remember the first time somebody said something nice to me and I genuinely believed I just started bawling (And I wasn't the crying type, in fact from 8 years old to 17 I cried a total of 4 times, though I'll admit I've lost count since then and now I'm a much more emotional person even if I'm still a bit stoic) because I had no idea how to react, in hindsight it was hardly the first someone was nice to me, in any case back then I was pretty much almost completely incapable of social interactions, so I had a real hard time dealing with other kids, so I had an awful time in school, how bad? I eventually stopped going after I had a nervous breakdown in the middle of a class, so yeah not good at all.

That being said with hindsight being 20:20 I do realize that people weren't as bad as I thought they were, a lot of girls that I thought were teasing were teasing me but in the other way, and a lot of other kids were just trying to be friendly and I was the asshole, of course there were some really bad ones and sexual harassment can't really be treated as anything but awful, but eh... If things hadn't turned out that way I might not have become the person I am today and I do kinda like me a lot, so it ain't all bad, I mean I'm still socially awkward but I can now read people, I can see them and read between the lined sometimes better than other people other times not so much and innuendo still flies over my head for the most part, but I do get sarcasm so that's something.

I don't know what's going on but this comment ain't showing in full in my PC, well not my fault I think.

• I wouldn't say I hated school but I wasn't bothered by it. I didn't take it seriously and I didn't revise for my exams (I did pretty well......ish regardless) but I was a teenager and like most teenagers I didn't listen to my parents or other adults when they said that I had to make the most of it as I would regret it etc. Now at 28 it's been 12 years since I left secondary school (

• Sex is alright when you are a teenager it is natural we are build like that and they will have sex one day anyway. So long it's safe and not on school

They shouldn't be even having sex in the first place.

• I feel kinda awkward here because I actually like my school.

• Well, I like my school, but I don't enjoy going to school. It's boring.

I feel kinda awkward here because I actually like my school.

• In my highschooI days I only beat up the weak ones. They are the worse ones in my opinion, you know, that guy/girl everyone is laughing at and seeks a chance to pick on someone just to be 'cool' once. That shows they didn't understand bullying is bad.
    These days though I just ignore stupid people...

It's different for me. I always beat up my bullies now matter how many of them I face. I mostly lose but at least I show them that I'm no

• edited March 2017

Still in high school

I hate it and always will cuz it has been a nightmare for me! In Grade 11, I barely passed English thanks to my English teacher. And no, it's not my fault either! I only missed one assignment because I was off on a Mission's trip in March Break and I couldn't hand an assignment in on time and on my report card it even said my mark was based on an assignment I missed. Also, I tried REALLY hard on some assignments, but I still got shit marks. Then I stopped trying at all, and I got almost the same marks. The tests he gave weren't even based on what he told us to study for (and it had stuff that none of us would have even thought he'd put on there!). He also almost flunked a student who was away for a couple weeks due to a broken arm!

You need a 50% in any class to pass - I got 50% in that class.

Because of this I wanted tot take just one college level course in grade 12 and that would be in english. But the guidance teacher helping me was like "If you have university and college courses, it'll be harder to get into post-secondary" (which I'm not and wasn't planning on going to) and so I took all college courses cuz she wouldn't shut up! So, I only got about two of the classes that were my first choice and the rest of them weren't even my second choice. I had one online but the lady in guidance helping me didn't get me signed up right then so we had complications once second semester started and guidance was being stupid and not getting me into the class that SHOULD have been available to me. My mom sent in two emails and THAT'S when I somehow got into the class as soon as she sent in those emails.

High school has been a nightmare for me. So was public school (I was bullied ever since Kindergarten so I have some bad memories). I don't want to relive any stress or bad things by going to college.

• racist ass teachers

This discussion has been closed.