Unpopular Opinions in Gaming?

edited June 2017 in General Chat

Stealing the idea from this thread because I thought it'd be a good idea to have a thread that extends to all of gaming.

So have any opinions towards certain games that not many people agree with? Don't be afraid to share them here.

And please respect everyone's opinion, okay?

Tagged:

Comments

• I don't particularly care for The Last of Us or its ending.

• edited June 2017
    • Spider-Man Web of Shadows is the best Spider-Man game. Most people consider Spider-Man 2 The Video Game to be the best.
    • Outside the forums, Tales from the Borderlands is the best Telltale game.
    • Resident Evil 7 and REmake are better than Resident Evil 4. RE4 is a good action game and my third favourite RE game but it is not very horrific compared to the RE7 and REmake.
    • Skyrim is overrated. I'm only saying this because it's been re-released over times.
    • A New Frontier Clementine is better than Season 1 & 2 Clementine, despite my hate on ANF.
    • The Walking Dead A New Frontier is the WORST Telltale game ever existed.
    • Uncharted 3 is better than Uncharted 1.
    • Fallout franchise is fucking overrated.
    • Overwatch is overrated. I wouldn't mind if it's the best multiplayer game of 2016 but as a GOTY, I wouldn't accept that.
    • I don't hate the story of Metal Gear Solid 5 The Phantom Pain.
  • edited June 2017

Fallout 3 is trash, both gameplay-wise and story-wise.

• Skyrim is vastly overrated
    • Ocarina of Time is a poorly made game and Final Fantasy 7 deserves all it's praise
    • The Walking Dead: Season 1 actually wasn't as amazing as everyone thinks
    • Resident Evil 7 is one of the greatest horror games in history
    • Silent Hill 3 is better than Silent Hill 2
    • Dark Souls III is a fucking terrible game compared to Dark Souls 1 and Bloodborne.
    • Fallout 3 and 4 are both fucking terrible
    • The First 5 Splinter Cell games far outshine Metal Gear Solid in terms of gameplay
    • I don't think Snake Eater is the best MGS game
    • Modern Warfare 2 fucking sucks
    • Final Fantasy X-2 is really good
    • Super Smash Brothers Brawl is the best Smash game gameplay wise
    • Super Dragon Ball is a criminally underrated masterpiece and better than 2 of the 3 Budokais
    • Overwatch is one of the best shooters of all time
    • Halo 2 IS the best shooter of all time
    • Every Sonic game after Sonic CD was really fucking godawful
    • Oblivion is a far superior game to all of Bethesda's games in every way except graphically
    • Web of Shadows is the best Spider-Man game gameplay wise
    • Ultimate Spider-Man is the best Spider-Man game story wise
    • Spider-Man 2 is not that good and is kinda dated
    • Dead Rising 2 outshines Dead Rising 1 in every way except charm
    • Xbox is a failing company and has been since the release of the Xbone. The 360 generation was much better
    • PS4 is a genuinely bad console despite the good things about it
    • Wii U is an amazing console despite the bad things about it
    • The PlayStation 2 is almost objectively the best console in history.
  • Same here. Didn't wanna mention it in my comment because I didn't want to be crucified, but I guess cat's outta the bag for both of us

Jaku2011 posted: »

I don't particularly care for The Last of Us or its ending.

• Uncharted 3 is better than 2
    • Life is Strange's ending was so bad it ruined the entire game.
    • Like Jaku said, The Last of Us's story wasn't great but it was still a good game.
    • I prefer KOTOR over Mass Effect.

I'll update when I think of more.

• Borderlands is boring as shit.

• minecraft suks

• Life is Strange's ending was so bad it ruined the entire game.

That is not unpopulair everyone hates that ending.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

* Uncharted 3 is better than 2 * Life is Strange's ending was so bad it ruined the entire game. * Like Jaku said, The Last of Us's story w

• Yes but a lot of people still seem to love the game regardless and I just can't get into LiS anymore knowing how the story ends up.

joshua007 posted: »

Life is Strange's ending was so bad it ruined the entire game. That is not unpopulair everyone hates that ending.

• edited June 2017

My list

• I think the Modern Day in the Assassin's Creed series is way to much hated and just thinks it needs gameplay improvements and be less convoluted
    • Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, MMO and Recoded are garbage that makes fanfiction over stewie X Brain from family guy look good
    • Batman Arkham Knight is perhaps one of the worst written games I have ever played and perhaps the worst Batman game in the arkham series.
    • The last of us is overrated
    • The Wolf Among Us is overrated (here the storm comes) I love the game but dear God people it's not the best thing.
    • Final Fantasy X is shit
      *** Life is Strange storyline is freaking garbage and half of that is because of the cunt Chloe**
    • Mass Effect storyline went downhill after 1, ME 2 had zero plot and replaced that with character story missions but ME 3 story is freaking stupid deus ex machina grab.
    • Metal Gear Solid 3 story bored me to fucking death and makes me want to bash my head against the wall and don't get me started on the gameplay and graphics that somebody pissed and took a shit on
    • I think Tomb Raider (2013) is freaking boring with a story badly done but still interesting untill the very end.
    • GTA V is boring to me
    • Resident Evil is a fun series but the plot is thin and done before 100 times and can be overrated but the characters make up for it all and I look forward to see what comes next.
    • KINGDOM HEARTS 1 IS OVERRATED AS FUCK... I am happy for what it did but the story is shit, characters are shit in this, gameplay is bad, camera is shit and more
    • Final Fantasy 7 story is overrated: the characters are good except Barret he is black stereo type character, the plot seems to be all over the place after Midgar and overly conveluted I have hope for the Remake storyline
    • enter image description here
      I just want to say I never cared about her. When I was 7 and I played Kingdom Hearts 2 I just didn't like her look, her voice and purpose in KH2 in FF7 on the other hand... She is a adult with a brain of a 8 year old who is high all the time I could go on.

And Mass Effect 1 Gameplay and open world map system is GARBAGE

Friends list

• Uncharted 3 is the best game naughty dog ever made
    • Resident Evil 4 and 5 are the only games in the series that i could have fun with (older games were ok but hard to get into)
    • Doom 3 is the best Doom game
    • GTA4 is my favorite game of the series
    • The Last of Us really isn't all that good.
    • Sega Genesis(known as Megadrive here) was better than the SNES
    • PS3 controllers are better than the Xbox 360 (apparently this is unpopular)
    • Turnbased RPG's are intolerably boring
    • Mass Effect 1's gameplay was god awfully tedious and felt like a chore.
  • I think most people like Uncharted 3 over 1:)

AronDracula posted: »

* Spider-Man Web of Shadows is the best Spider-Man game. Most people consider Spider-Man 2 The Video Game to be the best. * Outside the for

• Yeah, to be honest, it's a good game but I'm surprised that so many people think it was the best game ever when it released.

Jaku2011 posted: »

I don't particularly care for The Last of Us or its ending.

• But I heard many people thinking Uncharted 3 is the worst one of the franchise.

I think most people like Uncharted 3 over 1:)

• AC Unity is pretty good

my reaction

• GTA 5's story is great.

• edited June 2017

This really shouldn't be unpopular, holy hell.

They put a lot of thought into the plot and dialogue of that game and it pisses me off how vastly unappreciated it is. That story was great and it's probably my 2nd favorite story in a game period.

I didn't stand in a line for an hour and a half to meet Trevor Phillips' actor and get his autograph for nothing.

enter image description here

BroKenny posted: »

GTA 5's story is great.

• edited June 2017

Ghosts to this day is still the worst CoD they have ever shat out.

At least Advanced Warfare had Kevin Spacey and Infinite Warfare had Kit Harrington.

• It really shouldn't be. I'm not 100% on if it's officially considered unpopular, but I've seen a lot of people shit on it, and I really did enjoy the game and have played through it completely twice. And that's awesome about the autograph. Steven Ogg is gonna be at Walker Stalker Con this year and I wanna meet him!

This really shouldn't be unpopular, holy hell. They put a lot of thought into the plot and dialogue of that game and it pisses me off how

• edited June 2017

Oh no, don't worry. You're right. People give it a lot of shit.

Thanks! That's where I met him! Steven is an awesome and down to earth guy!

BroKenny posted: »

It really shouldn't be. I'm not 100% on if it's officially considered unpopular, but I've seen a lot of people shit on it, and I really did

• Life is Strange is mediocre and trite at best and the dialogue is really cringe
    • GTA Online is overhyped garbage and is hands down the most cancerous multiplayer I've ever tried to play. Don't feel like going into detail, but if one of you wants me to elaborate I will.
    • Skyrim is a good game but SUPER overrated
    • Fallout 4 was fun the first time through but it had a lot of problems. Saying Fallout 4 is an RPG is like saying standing in a garage makes you a car.
    • Fallout: New Vegas is rich in lore and factions but that's really all I liked about it. Most overrated Fallout there is. In all honesty, it really isn't that great...I'll be ready for when someone tries to crucify me Legion style for saying this.
    • Borderlands 2 is great but 1 lacks depth and gets super repetitive
    • Halo is an alright game but its just not my cup of tea
  • What's up with all the hate on Skyrim, Fallout, and The Last of Us? Skyrim is the greatest action RPG of all time. The Last of Us has probably the best ending to any video game ever. And Fallout... well yeah, they are extremely clunky and glitchy. I love New Vegas to death, but it's because of the world and how you can affect it. In order to experience this you have to fight your way through glitches and bad gameplay, which is why I've been praying for a Fallout 3 and New Vegas remaster that will never happen.

• Metal Gear Solid 3 story bored me to fucking death and makes me want to bash my head against the wall and don't get me started on the gameplay and graphics that somebody pissed and took a shit on

Joking, everyone has a right to their own opinion. But as for the graphics, at the time they were objectively amazing and beautiful, the reason it doesn't look super colorful or flashy is to mimic the time era the game comes from. As for the gameplay I wouldn't say it's that bad, it just has some issues is all.

My list * I think the Modern Day in the Assassin's Creed series is way to much hated and just thinks it needs gameplay improvements and

• Skyrim is the greatest action RPG of all time

What's up with all the hate on Skyrim, Fallout, and The Last of Us? Skyrim is the greatest action RPG of all time. The Last of Us has prob

• The Last of Us has probably the best ending to any video game ever.

Agreed.

What's up with all the hate on Skyrim, Fallout, and The Last of Us? Skyrim is the greatest action RPG of all time. The Last of Us has prob

• edited June 2017

enter image description here(https://i.imgur.com/Oc9Gzoy.png)

Just joking. It's pretty overrated.

Skyrim is trash.

• I can't stand Ezio Auditore and dislike every moment I have to see his smug face on the screen.
    • Season 2 of TWD is underrated.
    • Firewatch's ending was great and I loved it.
  • Firewatch had a lot of untouched potential due to crunched deadlines. However, I found the ending to be quite interesting as it is open to interpretation as to what Delila was all about. Personally, I believe Ned and her were behind everything that happened to Henry after Brian's death.

I really enjoyed the atmosphere and visuals of that game. Delila's actress is also one of the best.

fallandir posted: »

* I can't stand Ezio Auditore and dislike every moment I have to see his smug face on the screen. * Season 2 of TWD is underrated. * Firewatch's ending was great and I loved it.

• Firstly, while I love Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas and Fallout 4 and Skyrim, and I admit to having sunken my money into all of the DLC thereof, people act as if these games are God's gift to mankind. I love them all, but they are not THAT good.

Secondly, I loathe most multiplayer titles. The sole exception to this rule which I actually like is Team Fortress 2.

Thirdly, while the business model for release was a mess, I LOVED Hitman when it was fully released.

Hearts of Stone was better than Blood and Wine, in my humble opinion.

• I don't understand the popularity of Life is Strange. The game had it moments but the cult following it has baffles me.
    Skyrim bored me to tears.

• I admit to having sunken my money into all of the DLC thereof, people act as if these games are God's gift to mankind. I love them all, but they are not THAT good.

Totally agreed. "Mothership Zeta" was an absolute mess.

Firstly, while I love Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas and Fallout 4 and Skyrim, and I admit to having sunken my money into all of the DLC there

• I'm indifferent towards Red Dead Redemption. Not a bad game in my eyes, but I have nowhere near the love for it that most people seem to have.

• I get a agressive reaction I LIKE YOU!

Metal Gear Solid 3 story bored me to fucking death and makes me want to bash my head against the wall and don't get me started on the gamepl

• I said it before in the last thread like this and I guess I'm saying it again:

The Last Of Us is pretty average. I got bored of it about halfway through and never had the urge to play it again.

Do you know what other game fell into this category?

Assassins Creed: Brotherhood

They're about equal to me.

• ~ I think Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 is great (...for a laugh).
    Just not the love story in it...
    And it's the game that introduced Silver the Hedgehog, who is probably my most favorite Sonic character...

~ Speaking of which, I think Silvers voice is cool.

~ I think the PS VIta is a great console... it's just been neglected by Sony...

~ I think the PS Vita port of The Jak & Daxter Trilogy is... bearable... and can be... enjoyable...
    But it's still not good.

Eeehh... I can't really think of anything else at the moment...

• The plot of Kingdom Hearts isn't that difficult to comprehend, I understood it when I was 12 (until DDD came along...).

• GTA is done as a franchise and the whole driving around and shooting people thing has had it's day as well. Open world games in this day and age need a little more than that to be interesting.

• As a whole:

• Video games need a lot more positive representation of gay characters, especially playable -_-
    • Sonic is a favorite franchise of mine, but it did stop being a good one sometime after Sonic Adventure 2
    • Odyssey is the only main Mario game that has had me this excited in ages
    • I was hoping for a Star Fox announcement instead of everything else that was shown at Nintendo's presentations BUT I am glad that Samus is back (cute baby Metroid too!)
    • I just wanna see Wreck-It Ralph in Kingdom Hearts, but I will gladly settle for The Rescuers' inclusion (or Tiana)
    • Valve has the only good zombie games outside of Telltale
    • I'm a Dot Hack fan, but currently more so for what it could be
    • Sword Art Online (at the very least, the game franchise) doesn't deserve to exist
    • Nintendo needs to represent Hyrule Warriors a LOT more
    • Bastard Bonds, more people should check it out (and like it)
    • We should've had the option to hug or flirt with Asgore in Undertale
    • I don't think I like Yooka-Laylee BUT I hope it gets a sequel
    • Console wars aren't bad, it's just the fans who devote themselves to one platform that are
    • Actual Disney crossovers games have actually been pretty decent, at least within the last few years
    • Lego games are overrated for the most part
    • Game reviews aren't reputable
    • More people should check out Professor Layton
    • Wuffle the Big Nice Wolf should be in a video game (he is public domain, after all)
    • Danganronpa should be more popular than it is, although I'd prefer if it was because of the first game
    • MYST
    • Sports games are overrated, but I love crossover racers
    • Bring Space Channel 5 back!
    • Tatsunoko vs. Capcom is on par with UMvC3 and both are leagues above the Street Fighter + Tekken crossover(-s)
    • Most of Overwatch's cast sounds like voice actors as themselves instead of characters
    • Life is Strange is a good game and quite a landmark in gaming history...
    • ...but so is Morenatsu, which had better choice affectation
    • Wreck-It Ralph should be in more games
    • Greatly looking forward to Save the Light
    • The Rabbids series is horribly ableist
    • Nintendo Badge Arcade is pretty neat, and I hope that Nintendo brings it and Arcade Bunny back
    • Isabelle: great Animal Crossing character, but gets way too much attention
    • Pokemon doesn't give enough attention to the cooler Trainers in the franchise.
    • Monokuma should be in more crossovers.
    • Gay. Bowser. Now! Gay. Bowser. NOW!

Telltale:

• Clementine should be in Smash Bros.-esque crossovers
    • The Wolf Among Us was mostly great, but overrated, even though I'm hoping for a sequel
    • Looking back on Tales from the Borderlands, ditto, but still earned its GOTY
    • I would like the QTE events if I felt they had merit
    • Game of Thrones S1's choices mattered well, even if the majority of impact-based ones were in the finale
    • Minecraft Story Mode S1 is a good game that people should give more of a chance, albeit acknowledging its flaws (which are...pretty gaping)
    • A New Frontier is objectively a better game than Season Two, even though I enjoyed S2's cast more
    • Some ANF models look like their hair was done well. Only some.
    • It bothers me that the Michonne game is overlooked, but that's mostly understandable.
    • Overlooking Paige is not, though.
    • Poker Night 2 is one of Telltale's best games but falls flat because of the character roster. And that's saying something, considering I like Claptrap, Brock, and Sam.
    • Telltale should collaborate with Valve. Or Nintendo. Or Sega. Or Disney...
    • Back to the Future episode 1 was a better point-and-click than the Sam & Max episode on Steam that featured Robot Lincoln.
    • As much as I don't favor TWD Road to Survival, I'm still upset that the Season Two characters weren't in it.
    • I like(-d?) the Walking Dead pinball table and was excited when it was revealed.
    • I currently think that Kenny as a character is overrated, but half of that is nostalgia (S1 Kenny was a pretty good character), and the other half is just because of how the US thinks these days.
    • 400 Days being overlooked is also not okay, but I blame the brunt of that on TTG.
    • I think Telltale's games are a great way to be introduced to franchises, with the sole definite exception of GOTG and Batman. I actually kinda hope they keep picking up franchises to adapt.
  • edited June 2017
    • I don't care for any of the Dark Souls, Witcher, Mass Effect or Resident Evil games.

• Overwatch is definitely overrated, it got old fairly quickly.

• I find MMO's, MOBA's and strategy games boring as hell.

• From what I have seen, most Arkham fans prefer Origins over Knight. I think Knight is better by quite a large margin.

• Both Modern Warfare games are overrated, the first Black Ops is the best COD game.

• All the Battlefield games are overrated.

• Bioshock: Infinite is the best Bioshock game.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.