Unpopular Opinions in Gaming?

Comments

• Is this just referring to one of the endings? I honestly don't recall hearing anything about people not liking the ending.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

Yes but a lot of people still seem to love the game regardless and I just can't get into LiS anymore knowing how the story ends up.

• You really like Wreck-It-Ralph... What is it about him?

As a whole: * Video games need a lot more positive representation of gay characters, especially playable -_- * Sonic is a favorite fra

• I love The Walking Dead: A New Frontier and think Javier, David and Gabe are all great characters.

• Let's see...

• I prefer the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise over Super Mario Bros.
    • I'm not a big fan of Western RPG games that focuses heavily on exploration. The only exception is the Mass Effect series.
    • I just can't get into the Uncharted nor the Tomb Raider reboot. The former has too much action, whereas the latter lacks the charm the original franchise had.
    • I prefer turn-based RPG over Action RPG.
    • The PS2 generation were the best year of gaming for me in terms of genres and entertainment value.
  • edited June 2017
    • I like Final Fantasy XIII and its sequels, as well as X-2.

• I couldn't give less of a shit about The Last of Us, it's easily the most overrated game ever. Also I hated Ellie.

• Silent Hill Downpour is god-awful and does not deserve to be called a Silent Hill game.

• Mass Effect Andromeda is actually decent.

• The Metal Gear games and Red Dead Redemption are boring as hell.

• Long-haired Bayonetta >>> short-haired Bayonetta

• I don't really care about the new Tomb Raider games, bring back classic Lara.

• Outlast 2 > Outlast

• In regards to Overwatch, Zarya needs to be nerfed.

• The Walking Dead A New Frontier is the WORST Telltale game ever existed.

That's a unpopular opinion?. But A New Frontier is pretty much the opposite of season 1.

AronDracula posted: »

* Spider-Man Web of Shadows is the best Spider-Man game. Most people consider Spider-Man 2 The Video Game to be the best. * Outside the for

• edited June 2017

Glad I'm not alone. Played the first one and actually nodded off while playing one morning. Never did finish any of them besides tales from the Borderlands.

ralo229 posted: »

Borderlands is boring as shit.

• enter image description here

joshua007 posted: »

I get a agressive reaction I LIKE YOU!

• There are a lot of people who think Minecraft Story Mode or Jurassic Park are way worse.

Ladariel posted: »

The Walking Dead A New Frontier is the WORST Telltale game ever existed. That's a unpopular opinion?. But A New Frontier is pretty much the opposite of season 1.

• Silent Hill Downpour is god-awful and does not deserve to be called a Silent Hill game.

MY BOY, YOU'RE MY FAVORITE PERSON IN THIS THREA--

The Metal Gear games and Red Dead Redemption are boring as hell.
    Long-haired Bayonetta >>> short-haired Bayonetta

FIGHT ME.

Joking. I do completely agree with Downpour, though. My friend Jonny says it deserves some kind of merit since it "tries", which is a load of shit lol

Lahkesis posted: »

* I like Final Fantasy XIII and its sequels, as well as X-2. * I couldn't give less of a shit about The Last of Us, it's easily the most

• Haha thanks, I really don't understand where all the praise for Downpour comes from. It only had, like, one good creepy moment.

Silent Hill Downpour is god-awful and does not deserve to be called a Silent Hill game. MY BOY, YOU'RE MY FAVORITE PERSON IN THIS TH

• Downpour's gameplay was so bad too. It feels like they tried to redo Silent Hill: Origins but somehow made it worse than that. The only good part of the game was the "Surprise!" ending.

Lahkesis posted: »

Haha thanks, I really don't understand where all the praise for Downpour comes from. It only had, like, one good creepy moment.

• Both endings are equally terrible imo, because they both cop out of making choices impact the ending on top of being crappy endings to the story in general.

I'm fine with the illusion of choice if it's done well and the story's good, but when the game advertises "multiple endings based on the choices you make" on the store page then I expect much better than the two half assed endings we got.

VenomHD posted: »

Is this just referring to one of the endings? I honestly don't recall hearing anything about people not liking the ending.

• F.E.A.R. is ok as a shooter but it's story suucks; repetitive, unoriginal, makes no sense.

GTA 3 and Vice City are best games is the series. New ones are too realistic to be fun. GTA SA is worst imo.

Telltale Batman is choppy, boring and full of plot holes.

Telltale GOT is ugly, and does not make sense. Badly written.

I don't care about PSN exclusives.

And Wolfenstein games taking place in "sf reality".

Sequels to TWD s1 are uncanon.

I liked "Prince of Persia: Warrior Within" a lot.

Half of RE7 is great, latter half is not. Game is too short.

• edited June 2017

Well I didn't mind JP that much. I'm a fan of that franchise maybe even more than Walking Dead, so I could be biased and I'll agree with anyone that it could of been much better like JP3 could of been better. Don't think it's worse than New Frontier though when it comes to their respective plot ideas. I am saddened with New Frontier because it's not like it never had potential to be phenomenal and especially after learning they cut out all of the game's best plot points much like season 2 but to a even worse extent. Never cared for Minecraft to want to play.

There are a lot of people who think Minecraft Story Mode or Jurassic Park are way worse.

• GTA SA is worst imo.

Damn. That is unpopular. A solid 90% of the fanbase would crucify you for saying that.

But I'm not a big fan of it either, power to you.

Omid's cat posted: »

F.E.A.R. is ok as a shooter but it's story suucks; repetitive, unoriginal, makes no sense. GTA 3 and Vice City are best games is the seri

• I used to hate The Last of Us, but have recently grown to like it. That said, I find almost every supporting character you encounter to be way more interesting than Joel and Ellie.
    • The Final Fantasy XIII series is fantastic.
    • I think the only reason Square Enix decided to remake Final Fantasy VII is because most of their incessant fans wouldn't stop whining about it every five minutes.
    • Resident Evil 5 and 6 are great games.
    • Resident Evil: Revelations 2 is one of the best RE games I have ever played. And Moira Burton is one of my favorite Resident Evil characters.
    • Thatgamecompany has made some of the best indie titles.
    • I love David Cage's games.
    • The reboot of Tomb Raider is 10/10.
    • Tomb Raider > Uncharted.

I'll edit this if I think of anything else.

• He's just this adorable, big, underappreciated guy who tries to help people and like, I dunno, I just think he's great and stuff.

You really like Wreck-It-Ralph... What is it about him?

• After three days I'd rise and punish those sinners with ever lasting territory defending, annoying calls from gf, impossible to win marathons and races, eternity in san fierro driving school!

GTA SA is worst imo. Damn. That is unpopular. A solid 90% of the fanbase would crucify you for saying that. But I'm not a big fan of it either, power to you.

• I thought he was a bit selfish... but that's just my opinion.

But I think it's awesome that Disney made a movie about video games AND Sonic was in it.
    Yeah there were other game characters but Sonic actually spoke which was so cool!

I find it disappointing though that they had this threat of permanently dying if they lost a life outside their game-world, but it was never explored in the movie.

He's just this adorable, big, underappreciated guy who tries to help people and like, I dunno, I just think he's great and stuff.

• T H E W R A T H O F O M I D 'S C A T

After three days I'd rise and punish those sinners with ever lasting territory defending, annoying calls from gf, impossible to win marathons and races, eternity in san fierro driving school!

• edited June 2017

Assassin's Creed is one of the most boring and over hyped franchises I've ever seen
    The Witcher is boring. I'm trying to push myself through the first one because it must get better after all the praise it received
    I want Telltale to reboot The Walking Dead, make Lee survive or something. I just want to be done with this story after Season 2
    I liked GTA V's story
    Beyond Two Souls was good
    Heavy Rain wasn't that bad of a game
    Shooters get way too repetitive. I liked Halo because that never happened, that changed with Halo 4 and 5
    I think Telltale's Guardians of the Galaxy would be one of the best games they've made if the humor was better
    I literally only played 20 minutes of Minecraft Story Mode and I had to stop
    The Life is Strange prequel isn't needed

• Halo 2 IS the best shooter of all time

I think that goes to Halo 3, but I like it for the same reasons I like Halo 2. I think Halo 3 isn't as stiff, and the improved visuals do make a difference for me.

* Skyrim is vastly overrated * Ocarina of Time is a poorly made game and Final Fantasy 7 deserves all it's praise * The Walking Dead: Seas

• Half of RE7 is great, latter half is not. Game is too short.

So was the first Resident Evil game. As long as it's survival horror, I wouldn't care much about the length. Watching all this action shit through Resident Evil 6 is cancer.

F.E.A.R. is ok as a shooter but it's story suucks; repetitive, unoriginal, makes no sense. GTA 3 and Vice City are best games is the seri

• Telltale's GOTG is their best game since TFTBL ended

• Vice City is the best GTA game and San Andreas is the worst.

I don't get why people loved SA. The best part of the game was dual wielding. CJ is, by far, the most unlikable GTA protagonist(this was fan consensus when the game came out), the food/exercise mechanic was terrible, the hood takeover mechanic was terrible, the romance mechanic was terrible...

The game is really only loved because of Millennial nostalgia(and the size of the map). It being their first GTA.

• How is GTA SA the worst? It's nowhere worse than GTA 5, fuck that game.

Johro posted: »

Vice City is the best GTA game and San Andreas is the worst. I don't get why people loved SA. The best part of the game was dual wieldin

• I listed a bunch of reasons.

Want it nailed down to one point?
    GTA:SA is the only GTA game where, if you pick it up to just goof around, you'll lose all your hoods, your girlfriend, etc. Saving after would ruin your game.

They were terrible ideas.

AronDracula posted: »

How is GTA SA the worst? It's nowhere worse than GTA 5, fuck that game.

• I don't get it.

I listed a bunch of reasons. Want it nailed down to one point? GTA:SA is the only GTA game where, if you pick it up to just goof around

• edited June 2017

Pretty sure you are wildly exaggerating the hood mechanic (and the girlfriend stuff was so minor and optional who cares) also I would say Franklin is the worst GTA protagonist not CJ

I listed a bunch of reasons. Want it nailed down to one point? GTA:SA is the only GTA game where, if you pick it up to just goof around

• omg, i honestly dont know how to rank them, but i do feel that hearts of stone doesnt get the respect it should get.

Firstly, while I love Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas and Fallout 4 and Skyrim, and I admit to having sunken my money into all of the DLC there

• "done" lol thats why it made like over a billion in sales and why a shitload of people still play it.

i mean yeah, it could be done for you, but what you just said its kinda dumb.

wdfan posted: »

GTA is done as a franchise and the whole driving around and shooting people thing has had it's day as well. Open world games in this day and age need a little more than that to be interesting.

• the first Black Ops is the best COD game.

this is the only thing i agree with lol. its tie, to me, to World at war.

* I don't care for any of the Dark Souls, Witcher, Mass Effect or Resident Evil games. * Overwatch is definitely overrated, it got old fa

• whew, lots shit takes if we're being honest. but different strokes for different folks i guess.

i really dont have much of these hot takes, maybe that Overwatch was boring to me and i cant see how people were/are so in love with it. i mean i did like those like shorts they made for the characters, but the game is boring.

yeah thats about it, cant say much.

• Thise are... Really unpopular.

TrashJesus posted: »

Assassin's Creed is one of the most boring and over hyped franchises I've ever seen The Witcher is boring. I'm trying to push myself throug

• Definitely, it's really odd now that I have a lot of them typed out. I regret nothing.

Thise are... Really unpopular.

• edited June 2017

That's understandable. I thought one ending was decent, while the other was more forgettable. Neither were amazing, but to your earlier point, the rest of the game is solid imo, so I can see why a lot of people still love the game.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

Both endings are equally terrible imo, because they both cop out of making choices impact the ending on top of being crappy endings to the s

• I haven't played much of World at War. Perhaps other games in the series have one element in it that is stronger, but Black Ops has a consistency with all of its modes, meaning I don't think there are any weak aspects bringing it down.

jamex1223 posted: »

the first Black Ops is the best COD game. this is the only thing i agree with lol. its tie, to me, to World at war.

• edited June 2017

Gay. Bowser. Now!

Life is Strange is a good game and quite a landmark in gaming history

The Rabbids series is horribly ableist

enter image description here

As a whole: * Video games need a lot more positive representation of gay characters, especially playable -_- * Sonic is a favorite fra

• Bioshock: Infinite is the best Bioshock game.

How is that an unpopular opinion?

* I don't care for any of the Dark Souls, Witcher, Mass Effect or Resident Evil games. * Overwatch is definitely overrated, it got old fa

Sign in to comment in this discussion.