WOLF AMONG US SEASON 2 CONFIRMED

124»

Comments

• Id really like a team up type of thing that happened in the first few issues of Fables where Bigby was working with Jack and Bluebeard to sneak into a Mundys home. Could easily see something like that happening with Cindy.

CoolGuyJ posted: »

I'm fine with leaving New York City for some parts of the season. It would be very intriguing to see our Bigby thrown in the deep end, wher

• Also fellas Im just saying... maybe New Telltale will actually invest in the idea of merch. Still a shame things like Telltale Funko Pops never happened but I hope New Telltale invest in merch. Im not personally one to really get into buying merch but damn Id love to have some kind of Wolf merch.

• Hey guys when r they gonna release it?

• edited December 2019

The specific date is unknown as the game is currently in preproduction, but Jamie Ottilie (the CEO) said it won't be 2020.

R3tr0-_- posted: »

Hey guys when r they gonna release it?

• To be fair, I wouldn't even want it to be in 2020. We have waited 5-6 years to get to this point, we can wait a little longer. I'd rather have a GOOD sequel than a rushed one.

• Exactly, it sucks knowing we wont get to play it next year but Id much rather Wolf 2 get some real development time instead of what Old Telltale was doing. I mean its already confirmed to be 5 episodes instead of 3 eps like we were going to get, so Id rather have 5 nice and meaty high quality eps instead of 5 rushed out episodes.

Jacol posted: »

To be fair, I wouldn't even want it to be in 2020. We have waited 5-6 years to get to this point, we can wait a little longer. I'd rather have a GOOD sequel than a rushed one.

• edited December 2019

I've been away from the community for a long while. After all that's happened with Telltale, I couldn't be back. I was really heartbroken. I wasn't really sad for TWD, I knew the series was going to be complete one way or another but I was sad for TWAU the most.

I hated the fact that we might never got the closure we deserved and the sequel that we've anticipated for years. It's miracle, really. How Telltale shutdown and came back again. It's really nice to see the community is back with the return of familar names around here. Telltale fans definetly won this time around, our voices have been heard.

Let's hope Telltale takes their time and not do the ''I'll work on 5 games at once!'' mistake again as well as treat their employees right.

• edited December 2019

so Id rather have 5 nice and meaty high quality eps instead of 5 rushed out episodes.

This.

Poogers555 posted: »

Exactly, it sucks knowing we wont get to play it next year but Id much rather Wolf 2 get some real development time instead of what Old Tell

• I am wondering how the runtime of each episode will be with the new Telltale. Will it stay within 2 hours or less, or will it actually be longer episodes?

I hope we can reach a compromise. Maybe there will be 2 hours or so of story content, but we are given more gameplay to do such as exploring, cosmetic and talking to people. I really wish we could talk to characters more and allowed to portray our own version of Bigby.

• I am curious on what gameplay will be like. Apparently Adhoc is in charge of the writing, directing, and cinematic parts of the game but Telltale will work on the gameplay part. Interviews seemed like they dont plan on changing the actual formula up too much but have plans for improved gameplay. Kinda hoping they do more to make it feel a bit more like a game in terms of gameplay.

I am wondering how the runtime of each episode will be with the new Telltale. Will it stay within 2 hours or less, or will it actually be lo

• edited December 2019

I think in terms of gameplay, following 2 things are what I'd like for them to explore in detail:

• Bigby's sense of smell (frequent trait he uses in the comics, which wasn't really used in the first season (in terms of gameplay), which he may use to find clues, or sniff out a lie from a suspect (due to sweat) etc
    • Bigby's ability to hold his breath for extended period of time, and in essence, never drown. Now this second one would probably be difficult to explore if Bigby was in Fabletown, but with parts of the game implied to be outside Fabletown, perhaps we can get Bigby on a ship heading overseas (since knowing Bigby, he'll never fly)? If the ship, by some unfortunate circumstance, capsizes, it would make variety of interesting scenarios to utilize this skill.

I'm no expert, but other than the above 2, I'm not sure there's much more that can be added (above the already existing gameplay structure from season 1). I mean sure, the fan in me would love a fully explorable Fabletown (where my Bigby can interact with everyone, and go anywhere within Fabletown boundaries), but Telltale isn't a AAA game Company, & I doubt it would be something they would do.

Hmmm.....Perhaps they can bring in the "piecing together evidence to recreate the crime scene" mechanic like Batman Telltale used (it's not a new gameplay mechanic, but if there's one IP that can make full use of that mechanic used in Batman, it's Wolf)?

I am curious on what gameplay will be like. Apparently Adhoc is in charge of the writing, directing, and cinematic parts of the game but Tel

• edited December 2019

My hope for gameplay would be to have some actual combat sequences. The only hard part of this would be Im unsure how it would work as I dont know what type of enemies Bigby would be fighting, but I would like something like that.

Also I actually really would enjoy more dynamic dialogue that you could only pass based on choices or put points in to pass. Or maybe make it so a choice you make adds to something, like choosing a brutal point does like "Plus brutal" so later when inteimadting they get scared easier because they know what youve done. (could even have choices from season 1 work as your character builder at the start with things like "ripped off crooked mans head +5 brutality" kinda have a type of reputation rank)

I think in terms of gameplay, following 2 things are what I'd like for them to explore in detail: * Bigby's sense of smell (frequent tr

• edited December 2019

Personally I don't want any big gameplay changes. I especially don't want them ditching QTEs. The final season was that sweet spot for a modern point and click. Would love to see them build off what they had going there, and while I prefer choices be based on spontaneous emotion and interactions I don't mind some minor stat influences based on your Bigby's build. But hard pass on a bioware/bethesda type experience. Telltale games are point and clicks first and foremost.

• I agree with that. I don't think we should have something resembling Bioware/Bethesda. But I do think that the new Telltale can take some points from the character interactions of the Bioware games or the first season of The Walking Dead game. If there is a character that I particularly like, I want to interact with them more.

Also, I think the story should take its time, it doesn't have to rush toward the ending. I felt that the past Telltale games (Namely A New Frontier) felt badly paced, it never allowed time for the story to breathe. I think the first three episodes of The Wolf Among Us 2 could benefit from a slower pace. It should feel calm and taking its time as the mystery unravels before we start racing toward the climax of episode 4 and 5.

I am curious if Season 2 will be another film noir or a different type of story.

Personally I don't want any big gameplay changes. I especially don't want them ditching QTEs. The final season was that sweet spot for a mod

• I personally would like QTE segments to still remain, but thinking in terms of innovation, they need to step up to get broader appeal. Doesnt need to be anything huge, but they should really try to add something more "game-y" than QTEs to get more people in.

And I would agree, I wouldnt want there to be a big RPG character thing going on, but having a type of reputation system would be an interesting dynamic. You are a public service figure working for a government, your current reputation should change how people react to you.

Personally I don't want any big gameplay changes. I especially don't want them ditching QTEs. The final season was that sweet spot for a mod

• Telltale games as they got older really started dropping the ball on pacing and felt like it was just rushing to get to the next scene. Luckily it seems this game wont have rushed development so hopefully nothing like that.

I agree with that. I don't think we should have something resembling Bioware/Bethesda. But I do think that the new Telltale can take some po

• I agree with the reputation thing. If you are playing Bigby as good and fair, people should react accordingly. Recalling past Telltale games that did this best were TWD S1 and Tales from the Borderlands. It felt rewarding to see our actions impacted how the characters viewed our protagonist, such as how Lee sided with either Kenny or Lilly impacted their attitude toward you, or playing as Rhys being loyal and good toward his companions changed their initial impression of him.

I personally would like QTE segments to still remain, but thinking in terms of innovation, they need to step up to get broader appeal. Doesn

• I agree, I also wonder if our choices from Season 1 will affect how Bigby is perceived by fellow fables in S2. I still have my very first save from 2013

Regarding the gameplay, I think Bigby having powers like smell etc. would be also cool for collectibles and it might add something extra for those who like to explore every (crime) scene. Always more possibilities to sweeten up the game

• I doubt we will be importing our saves seeing how its on a different engine, but I hope Telltale just does a check list instead of something overly fancy. Check list works better because we can now check everything that happened without it being obvious what choices will have a large story impact like Final Season did where it was pretty obvious Lilly returned.

I agree, I also wonder if our choices from Season 1 will affect how Bigby is perceived by fellow fables in S2. I still have my very first sa

• Same would feel really jarring if the player wanted Bigby to say something but that option was locked because of the way the player changed Bigby's stats. I don't mind QTE's being ditched, but the thing is Telltale will never be good enough at making solid gameplay. Reviewers now are somewhat nice because they know the intention of the game design was never on gameplay, but if Telltale commits to gameplay everyone will say it isn't very good or it's buggy or it looks weird, or that x game does it better. Perhaps if a larger studio took on the challenge, but I think Telltale would only bother if they could do it really well. And they probably can't.

• Although to be fair they can't just do the reputation thing with main story because they'd have to make too much stuff. TFTBL levels or choices mattering is a suitable target for them. Maybe with smaller mysteries, you can figure out what's going on from several options/choices (just like Wolf 1) and because there are several ways to figure it out the game is easier depending on your reputation. And alternatively some characters benefit from you having a lower reputation/higher brutality. Nothing much, just some characters on the street getting intimidated. Nothing too grand is what I'm trying to get at. In the end there is still more replayability as you figure out all the ways to accomplish something, but really you can complete the game however you play. Illusion of choice where there is actually some degree of choice mattering.

I agree with the reputation thing. If you are playing Bigby as good and fair, people should react accordingly. Recalling past Telltale games

• Well apparently it was specified that Telltale Games will work on Gameplay, Adhoc will work on the story side of things, so there is a chance they do something with more gameplay. Also it is on Unreal so it is an actual engine that should be able to handle real gameplay if they want.

Ghetsis posted: »

Same would feel really jarring if the player wanted Bigby to say something but that option was locked because of the way the player changed

• I would have it so its like this: think of Kenny in Walking Dead 1 how there was that point system? Basically apply that but it goes for more than just Kenny when talking to him. Say in one game you ripped crooked mans head off and Grens arm so you now talk to a new character and he is afraid of you, but if you didnt do that now he isnt. The stuff like "Youre brutality level is this" would just be for player feedback really to see where you currently stand in the community. Could have stuff like Brutality, Lawfulness, Hell could even have legitimacy if all your choices keep breaking the law code making it so Fables dont even start to recognize you as a real authority figure and just a bully. (all off which had been a theme in wolf 1)

Ghetsis posted: »

Although to be fair they can't just do the reputation thing with main story because they'd have to make too much stuff. TFTBL levels or choi

• edited December 2019

Hmmm.....Thinking back to season 1, I don't think I would I would change all that much in combat with Bigby in his humanoid form, but perhaps they can improve on his second form (werewolf) & true form (gigantic wolf)? Those forms had Bigby either just dodging, jumping, throwing his enemies, which I wouldn't say are terrible, but could be improved upon. With Bigby having teeth and claws in his second & true form, it might spruce things up to give player choices like slash with claws, bite, headbutt, kick, throw around etc (of course with some of these options like bite, some mid to final boss level enemies would need to be sufficiently strong enough that they don't become "one-hit-kills").

With what you said, couple of spectrums I can think of with how Bigby acts/treats others in terms of dialogue/action may influence how others treat him:

• Brutality------------------------Mercy
    • Apathy--------------------------Compassion
    • Manipulative-----------------Naive
    • Intimidating------------------Approachable

My hope for gameplay would be to have some actual combat sequences. The only hard part of this would be Im unsure how it would work as I don

• I think the possible hurdle with Wolf is that how do they set the boundaries as to where Bigby can get around thus how they limit on how many Bigby interacts? Been quite awhile since I played TWD season 1, but from what I remember, that game set clear boundaries on where Lee can go around (e.g. survivors' HQ at motel).
    In contrast to that, Fabletown is a huge place where characters are all over in different places (this is in stark contrast to TWD, where more often than not, we'd have the other characters [i.e. survivors] in one area/room).

I mean don't get me wrong, I'd love to see my Bigby able to get around, interact with bunch of Fables, but I have a feeling it might be harder to do than for TWD (Though I could be wrong).

Since Telltale CEO has said that parts of the season would be set in Fabletown, and parts of it outside of it, it might be interesting to have perhaps episode 2 or 3 outside Fabletown, with Bigby gathering clues/information about the enemy (sort of like that one episode where Bruce is in Arkham for season 1 of Batman Telltale.
    Then episode 4 starts the climactic showdown with episode 5 being the final confrontation.

I agree with that. I don't think we should have something resembling Bioware/Bethesda. But I do think that the new Telltale can take some po

• This seems as good a time as any to repost this video.

• Technically, engine does not necessarily have to matter. If they can export data to external server and encode it with the UE4 then it might work. I doubt that it is going to happen, but just saying - not impossible.

I doubt we will be importing our saves seeing how its on a different engine, but I hope Telltale just does a check list instead of something

• That is a work around but I kinda doubt they will bother, at that point its probably just way easier to just make everyone recheck their choices

Technically, engine does not necessarily have to matter. If they can export data to external server and encode it with the UE4 then it might work. I doubt that it is going to happen, but just saying - not impossible.

• I have been looking at recent Fable comics lately after the announcement of Season 2 The Wolf Among Us. Through they did they said it the plot of S2 would be surrounded by Fable town (which is kinda of okay). I wanted to see the Farm and other things like the 13th floor and seeing our choices from S1 related to Aunty Greenleaf(through my choice for that was simple.

I didn't burn the tree and I gave her a job.

It seems weird that we can't get into more of other things related to the Farm. BTW? Those who have read that comic issue related to the Farm? Like Holy Crap! I hope that is related to this S2.

• edited December 2019

Been ages since I read the Fables main series in full, but this is what I think about incorporating the Farm into season 2 (or any future season of Wolf):

The new Telltale company gotta be really careful to not break canon when deciding whether Bigby would go to Farm or not in season 2.

Basically Bigby isn't allowed to go to the Farm. Why? Well, during his time in the Homelands (before the Adversary's invasion), he terrorized all the Fables as the "Big Bad Wolf", and especially the animal Fables are terrified of him, that when Snow first recruits Bigby for Fabletown (in "The Wolf in the Fold" short story), she states to him he won't be able to go to the Farm. This point is reiterated in Episode 5 of TWAU season 1, with Bigby's answer to Toad Jr. when asked "Have you been to the Farm?" being "No, the animals there are not keen on wolves." (or something along those lines).

Only way they'd be able to make it work with the Farm would be to

• Have Bigby sneak into the Farm without other Fables knowing (and of course, not getting caught in the process), or
    • Have another playable character who serves as Bigby's proxy in the Farm section (for me, Cindy comes to mind)

Or they could decide not to visit the Farm at all.
    I mean yes having the Farm could be an intriguing experience, but I'd rather they keep a tight storyline that avoids breaking the comics canon as much as possible (and maybe this is just me, but if Bigby or his proxy goes to the Farm, I want there to be a darn good reason for it. Just having it for mere fan-service really isn't enough for me).

Plus, Fabletown itself is a pretty interesting place to explore, & I'd be pretty interested in seeing Bigby visit places far outside of New York (away from Fabletown & the Farm).

strwar3 posted: »

I have been looking at recent Fable comics lately after the announcement of Season 2 The Wolf Among Us. Through they did they said it the pl

• edited December 2019

I think everyone is overblowing the Farm thing and continuity in general. Like you suggested, just have Bigby sneak in with a glamour disguise. There are a ton of ways to make that feasible from a story and gameplay perspective, and just because it's never acknowledged in the comics doesn't mean it would break continuity. There are a lot of reasons why Bigby wouldn't talk about that one time he glamoured himself up as Colin and snuck onto the Farm to get important intel to save Fabletown, not least of all because he did it behind Snow and King Cole's backs, which falls in line with his comic characterization anyway. It's not like he hasn't done sketchy stuff like that before if he feels like he has a good reason to.

Been ages since I read the Fables main series in full, but this is what I think about incorporating the Farm into season 2 (or any future s

• edited December 2019

Well, my hope (though perhaps others may feel different about it) is that if they're gonna have Bigby visit the Farm, they do the following:

• The Farm segment to be pretty short. No exploration or going around places just for the sake of it. Bigby just simply infiltrates to get what he wants, and gets out. (My preference would be that the Farm segment length to be between 1/4 ~ 1/2 of an episode, cause I think having an entire episode based in the Farm would be just stretching the plausibility too far)
    • Unlike in Fabletown, if Bigby happens to encounter other animal Fables, aggressive stance ("trying to get into fights" approach lol) is discouraged, & being aggressive or getting into a fight (whether he's in a glamour or not) will more likely than not result in Bigby getting caught (instead of having "X will remember that", perhaps have something like "Y is suspicious of you." Getting too many of those will make other Fables realize you are not what you say you are, despite the glamour, & eventually results in "Game Over" screen).

But having said that, as I've said in my previous comment, I'm pretty open to Bigby travelling and visiting places outside of New York as well - that could give the Devs an opportunity to bring in more of their own creativity in terms of new Fables who are not in comics, whereas in Fabletown & the Farm, the Devs would be kinda restricted because players would expect to see many fan-favorites (from comics, like Beauty, Beast etc etc & also not from comics like Holly, Gren etc etc)

booper posted: »

I think everyone is overblowing the Farm thing and continuity in general. Like you suggested, just have Bigby sneak in with a glamour disgui

• Also, is it just me or does anyone else want to see a possible Bigby & Cindy fighting duo scene ;) , like Bruce & Selina's Stacked Deck Bar fight in Batman Telltale season 1?

Sure, I've always been supportive of Snigby, but I highly doubt we'll see Snow involve herself in fighting other Fables. Cindy however I think would be a different story (& it would indeed make sense, with Bigby being Fabletown's Spymaster, & Cindy being his best spy).

• edited December 2019

In all honesty I hope Wolf 2 continues to be more of its own thing than trying to be more like the comics. Just in general I find Wolf to be a much better story and idea with how it handled the characters than if it tries to set up relationships in the comics like Cindy and all that.

Im not against Cindy appearing, but I feel they should stay away from setting up Bigby using her a basically a secret agent.

Also, is it just me or does anyone else want to see a possible Bigby & Cindy fighting duo scene , like Bruce & Selina's Stacked De

• edited December 2019

Just asking purely out of curiosity, how would you set up Cindy's role if she does end up appearing in season 2?

I mean, if they can come up with a somewhat meaningful non-Spy role for her to undertake (without breaking the continuity), then I would be down for it & I guess they can forgo the whole Spy thing, but if not I'd rather not see Cindy become a copy and paste of Beauty (okay, perhaps not exact copy and paste, but basically more chattier version of Beauty I guess) from season 1.

p.s. Cindy does own a shoes store "Glass Slipper", in which if I remember correctly from the comics she's a terrible owner (due to her being out on missions so much that she ends up getting another Fable to manage the place for her). I guess that could be something they could work with possibly.

In all honesty I hope Wolf 2 continues to be more of its own thing than trying to be more like the comics. Just in general I find Wolf to be

• edited December 2019

Honestly it may be best to just keep her out of it. It sucks because shes a good character but at this point in the story shes already doing a ton of spy shit with Bigby and I still feel introducing that just wont work in Wolf 2.

If I had to include her and was allowed to bend the canon a little bit so the spy stuff wouldnt come up the story would need to involve her in someway like what the original plot of the murdered step-sisters was and she would be attempting to get involved. If it had nothing to do with her step sister I feel she shouldnt appear or at the very least not have a large role. (basically just be a cameo)

But even then she may not even appear anyway due to cannon which I doubt will be broken in even the smallest ways. Wolf 2 still takes places in the 80s meaning Cinderella is in Russia.

Just asking purely out of curiosity, how would you set up Cindy's role if she does end up appearing in season 2? I mean, if they can come

• True, forgotten Cindy was in Russia in the 80s (my memories for the main series is more clear, the spinoffs, much less so).

Funny thing, quite a number of good characters seem to be tied down with continuity (Cindy with Spyworks & Russia, and Charming with being in Europe & swindling Royalties so can't have him in Fabletown either).

What are your thoughts on Rose Red? She could make for some interesting character interactions & narratives (especially for Snow), while not having that much limitations on her like others (only thing I can think of is her being on-then-off again relationship with Jack).

Honestly it may be best to just keep her out of it. It sucks because shes a good character but at this point in the story shes already doing

• Yeah I never really got into the spin-offs, and Im really not a fan of how many important invents happen. I mean theres an arch about Beauty thats just stupid, sometimes I feel the spin off comics shouldnt be considered canon in all honesty.

Rose Red I feel would be a good addition to the cast. My guess is they would introduce her as Jack's girlfriend. She would most likely be a supporting character who isnt that focused on. However she should be added to the Trip Trap group (who I think should re-appear as Telltale has more freedom to what happens to these characters as well as being able to continue the last games relationships and character arch, and I feel Rose Red would fit in very well with that group)

True, forgotten Cindy was in Russia in the 80s (my memories for the main series is more clear, the spinoffs, much less so). Funny thing,

Sign in to comment in this discussion.