Walking Dead Season 8 Trailer - Good or Bad?

What did you guys make of the trailer for Season 8 of the Walking Dead?

Tagged:

Comments

• Not the best but I let out an audible "WHAT?!?!" when they showed old Rick at the end. I'm excited to see where it goes from here and this season looks to be action packed.

• I hope it is really good, Didn't like Season 6 and 7, all though Negan is a bad ass character

BroKenny posted: »

Not the best but I let out an audible "WHAT?!?!" when they showed old Rick at the end. I'm excited to see where it goes from here and this season looks to be action packed.

• Fear TWD is just better. Too bad Scott Gimple is becoming involved in S4 of Fear, it's probably going to end up being shit too.

• look good, but it feels like theyre trying too much with action.

• Old Rick looks too old.

• I enjoyed 6 for the most part. The problem now is they have way too many characters so too many episodes featuring just 1 or 2 of them. 7 dragged on a lot. I'm hoping 8 can pick things back up.

5 still remains my favorite!

KaiMaestro posted: »

I hope it is really good, Didn't like Season 6 and 7, all though Negan is a bad ass character

• People say that and I wonder how they would handle introducing all these characters. You say its too much characters, but the show can't just revolve around their small group forever.

I enjoyed 6 for the most part. The problem now is they have way too many characters so too many episodes featuring just 1 or 2 of them. 7 dragged on a lot. I'm hoping 8 can pick things back up. 5 still remains my favorite!

• I want to start watching Fear again and then I see comments like this.

Wigams posted: »

Fear TWD is just better. Too bad Scott Gimple is becoming involved in S4 of Fear, it's probably going to end up being shit too.

• Good. I like how at the beginning its quiet, people are chilling and waiting, apparently for Rick to give one of his famous speeches and rally the group, then it's on. So, I'm expecting the season to be a continue battle with both sides scores points off each other until our group is victorious. I cant wait.

• I thought it was ok. Although rick is supposed to be old he still just looks young but just with a longer beard.

• The season itself will probably be pretty good. The trailer was just terrible though. It looked like something a first year video student would throw together.

• I agree, but what worked best, in my opinion, was Season 4/Season 5 where you had Rick's group, and you had the enemy's group. Like The Prison/Woodbury arc was perfect in terms of characters and pacing.

Back then the group was Rick, Carl, Daryl, Michonne, Hershel, Glenn, Maggie, Beth, Carol, Tyreese, Bob, and Sasha as the main ones. They were all together so whatever happened in the episodes affected all of them, not just Rick or Daryl or Michonne etc.

The Governor did his thing and Rick's group did their thing but my main point is that it didn't feel so damn slow when it came to pacing. Now, we have all these extra characters and they're trying to give all of them development. While I appreciate that, it kills the story because there's so many people and to properly develop characters, you have to set aside a lot of time for that. While Eugene and Dwight have their own episode, their characters get developed, but, they're both minors compared to our main group. Not a lot of people wanted an entire episode focused on them, but to make their characters somewhat relevant, it was kind of necessary. It's a conflict. The best thing they could do is trim down the excess of the main group and stop focusing so much on individual characters. They need to get back to telling stories where everyone is affected and progressed at the same time.

KCohere posted: »

People say that and I wonder how they would handle introducing all these characters. You say its too much characters, but the show can't just revolve around their small group forever.

• It wasn't bad, but I didn't find it good either. The music choice was awful and nothing exciting was shown until the end with time-skip Rick, which I guess they're doing early.

• Well, I get what youre saying, but I didn't feel that way. I enjoy seeing the individual characters as well as the whole group dynamic. I guess it just depends on the viewer. Scott Gimple has a hard job. He's trying to be true to the comics while providing a unique tv experience, and as Jesus has told us, open the world. We need to see new groups of people so that we know that our group is not living in a bubble, and that there are other "good" groups of people, not just round after round of enemies. Yeah, I know it seemed like a lot for people, but with the All Out War imminent, they kind of had to throw everything in the sink. Now that our main groups have been established and the war is on, things will level out.

I agree, but what worked best, in my opinion, was Season 4/Season 5 where you had Rick's group, and you had the enemy's group. Like The Pris

• Nothing exciting in all those action scenes?

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

It wasn't bad, but I didn't find it good either. The music choice was awful and nothing exciting was shown until the end with time-skip Rick, which I guess they're doing early.

• It was terrible and reminded me how insufferably cheesy this show is

• Eh, not really. The only action scene that looked promising was Jesus vs Morgan, which makes me believe Morgan will die this season.

Nothing exciting in all those action scenes?

• Fucking awful.

• That was an awful trailer. It makes me happy that I stopped watching the show right after the mid-season finale of season 4. The comics are 100+ times better.

• Does anyone think they are going to maybe kill negan this season or next season?

• MrJavaMrJava Banned

Excited to wait. There is gonna be the aftermath of the shooting in Alexandria and then if I am right, we will see the events that happened between 120-140th issues. Hope we get to see Whisperers or some clues about them as well. Cant wait.

• edited July 2017

Can you blame them though? The show has limits on what they do and say, unlike the comics or games. They can't swear, which pretty much kills the best part of Negan's character, and they have to tone down the gore after Glenn's death.

If the show were to be on HBO like Game of Thrones, then it'll be 100x better.

It was terrible and reminded me how insufferably cheesy this show is

• The typical response on this forum is contempt for the show. I don't know what they could do that people would like.

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

Can you blame them though? The show has limits on what they do and say, unlike the comics or games. They can't swear, which pretty much kill

• I'm looking forward to how they adapt my favorite arc in my favorite series, but that alone raises my expectations a little higher than they should be.
    This is their last chance. I always knew that their "make it or break it" season was gonna be All Out War and here we are. This isn't me joining in the negativity or anything, but All Out War is definitely the peak of this series so the producers have big shoes to fill. They're totally capable of making it good, its just a matter of whether or not they actually do so.

Crippled Rick in Season 8 is WAAAAAYYY too early and they honestly need to slow the fuck down if that's the path they want to choose. Sure, you could have him show up in the last few minutes of the final episode if you really wanna push for that. Fine. Whatever. If you MUST. However, I think the 2 year timeskip needs to be the Season 9 premiere. Fresh new season, fresh new settings, fresh new stories, fresh new Whisperers, etc.

By adding Crippled Rick this early, you're essentially fucking yourself out of an entire (probably) half season of war, which I'd say most people are looking forward to.

Come on, AMC. Don't make this 8 episodes. You don't wanna get caught up to the comics. Trust me. You and original Walking Dead stories (cough, Fear) don't seem to work out for you.

• I agree. I would've saved cripple Rick for Season 9 so All Out War can end Season 8.

I'm looking forward to how they adapt my favorite arc in my favorite series, but that alone raises my expectations a little higher than they

• The contempt for the show is not specific for this forum, the show has been on a noticeable decline for a while now.

The typical response on this forum is contempt for the show. I don't know what they could do that people would like.

• Noticeable to some, I suppose, but not everyone by any means. But as long as I have been here, people have been putting down the show. Before it was "the game is so much better". Now people are not as hot on the game so that has kind of declined.

The contempt for the show is not specific for this forum, the show has been on a noticeable decline for a while now.

• It was alright. The part with old Rick got me intrigued but it will most likely end up being a dream or something.

• Show actually got it spot on

enter image description here

Batteries posted: »

Old Rick looks too old.

• The song was ehh... Liked seeing Rick growing older. I hope to see more of the Kingdom. The Jesus vs Morgan thing looks interesting but it's likely just them training. I hope to see more of Dwight and his turn to the good side. We also see Simon correcting someone (should be interesting love the actor Steven Ogg)

• edited July 2017

I didn't mean in that way. It's just that his beard and hair look way too grey.

enter image description here

Clemenem posted: »

Show actually got it spot on

• I want to forget about how the Show Fucked up Great Storylines and Characters such as The Governor, Andrea, Tyrease, Carl, Lilly, etc. I want to forget them Cutting out such characters like Alice, Dr Stevens, and the woodbury arc. I really really want to forget about that but i simply can't forget and that ruins my Experience watching the show as a comic reader. Which is why i Hate and don't watch the show. But Season 8's trailer looked alright I guess.

Still wish Darabont was in charge since that's when the Show was amazing

• Loved it.....fuck off haters

• Well even r/TheWalkingDead, the shows main subreddit, has considerable criticism for the show. So i dont think the phenomenon is exclusive to these forums is all, many people think the show is mediocre.

Noticeable to some, I suppose, but not everyone by any means. But as long as I have been here, people have been putting down the show. Before it was "the game is so much better". Now people are not as hot on the game so that has kind of declined.

• It could be the lighting.

Batteries posted: »

I didn't mean in that way. It's just that his beard and hair look way too grey.

• Yeah, I know how those forums are. The most negative people are the most vocal. But I was being specific about this forum in particular because I noticed the pattern.

Well even r/TheWalkingDead, the shows main subreddit, has considerable criticism for the show. So i dont think the phenomenon is exclusive to these forums is all, many people think the show is mediocre.

• edited July 2017

He was only in charge for one and a half seasons. The first one which was good, and half of the second one, which people woudln't stop complaining about.
    "Oh my god, when are they going to stop looking for Sophia and get off the farm?" And apparently, he is not as nice a guy as I thought. There was some controversy about some emails where he was really going off on people.

A1pha150 posted: »

I want to forget about how the Show Fucked up Great Storylines and Characters such as The Governor, Andrea, Tyrease, Carl, Lilly, etc. I wan

• Lol those emails were funny as shit tho, Darabont may have been crazy but at least he made the show interesting at the time and stayed true to the Comics. Gimple was in charge during season 3 and on words and they were complete and utter shit. And oh my god he really showed how great he can produce a show by making all of S7 Hot Garbage lol. I don't think AMC can find good Producers and that for TWD that can make Great Seasons if we put our bias towards each producer on the side.

He was only in charge for one and a half seasons. The first one which was good, and half of the second one, which people woudln't stop compl

• He didn't stay true to the comics. That was part of the reason why people were complaining so much. Only the premiere was true to the comic. Everything after that was the show going it's own way. Gimple was the only one that has been really true to the comics. You appreciate that but you don't appreciate him? Scott Gimple has been the best producer and show runner they could ask for. I really don't understand what people want from this show because whatever they do is not good enough.

A1pha150 posted: »

Lol those emails were funny as shit tho, Darabont may have been crazy but at least he made the show interesting at the time and stayed true

Sign in to comment in this discussion.