'Queen's Justice' episode discussion

Comments

• That could be one reason. I also think GRRM ended up cutting the climax of ADWD (due to it getting too big), and instead making it the beginning of TWoW, which kind of fucks up the pacing. At that point I think he should've just cut from the unnecessary sideplots, rather than sacrificing the ending of the book, but eh, it is what it is.

I never truly understood why AFFC and ADWD weren't as engaging and it felt more like set-up. Did that planned time-skip that was ultimately scrapped really affected the story that much?

• A dream of Spring...

That would literally be only possibe in an animated series (which I wouldn't be against, tbh). For live action even the current show is riding the line of having too big of a cast.

• I enjoyed everything about it except I hate seeing Cercei win. It angers up my blood.

• edited July 2017

I didn't think Cercei was that smart but I guess she did learn something from Tywin. I underestimated the crazy snake.

BigGazMan posted: »

the episode was ok i guess but I doubt the lannisters are really that smart, It was also good seeing Jon man up to Dany.

• Please no more Lannistering on this show. Seeing Cercei going down on her twin brother was bad enough.

Why no Jon & Dany, can't two people fall in love anymore.

• I think Jon would mind. He wasn't brought up like that.

Meh, not really an issue in Westeros. Even Tywin Lannister married his own cousin, I'm sure no one would mind Jon marrying the aunt that he never even knew was his aunt.

• We do have less than a dozen episodes left between the two seasons. They can hardly drag things out.

Clemenem posted: »

This entire episode felt rushed again. With how barely any exposition on how the Unsullied took Casterly Rock and how easy the Lannisters to

• Well yeah, he wouldn't go full incest with Sansa or Arya because he grew up with them as his sisters, but will he really see Dany as an aunt even if he does learn who his father was? I doubt it, they'll still be strangers to each other.

KCohere posted: »

I think Jon would mind. He wasn't brought up like that.

• There's nothing wrong with incest (just don't make a baby)

Please no more Lannistering on this show. Seeing Cercei going down on her twin brother was bad enough.

• I hope that doesn't happen. Especially since I still feel that that would ruin the North being a free kingdom. My feelings are that Dany can have the Iron Throne. Just leave the North alone.

It's not even about love, really. It would make all the sense in the world for Jon and Dany to solidify their alliance with marriage. They have common enemies, and that way neither would have to bend the knee to the other.

• edited August 2017

I'm really upset about the Tyrells effectively being dead and gone. However I really enjoyed that talk between Olenna and Jaime. It's just so sad to see her go. Also Grey Worm is... fucked!

EDIT: I will also say that I hated seeing Yara being led around like that. The whole thing with Cersei getting her revenge made me really uncomfortable. Which I imagine was the idea. She really made me despise her.

• edited August 2017

If you hated Yara being led around like that just wait when Euron takes her on his ship. Knowing Euron from the books she wouldn't live long.

AgentZ46 posted: »

I'm really upset about the Tyrells effectively being dead and gone. However I really enjoyed that talk between Olenna and Jaime. It's just s

• I'm glad Cersei got her revenge, It must of hurt seeing the woman who killed your daughter, I would have done the same If someone was to murder my daughter also I hope Yara Is ok but knowing Euron she probably won't be.

I'm really upset about the Tyrells effectively being dead and gone. However I really enjoyed that talk between Olenna and Jaime. It's just s

• I'd appreciate if you left out any details from the books as I have only seen the show.

If you hated Yara being led around like that just wait when Euron takes her on his ship. Knowing Euron from the books she wouldn't live long.

• That doesn't make it right for Cersei to do it.

I'm glad Cersei got her revenge, It must of hurt seeing the woman who killed your daughter, I would have done the same If someone was to murder my daughter also I hope Yara Is ok but knowing Euron she probably won't be.

• Did anyone notice that the iron bank is investing in the salve trade? Which I find it weird, braavos was founded by former slaves and in the books they don't invest in the salve it's a weird change. Cersei would have pointed out their anti dragon history. I don't why D&D changed this.

• Neither did I.What does the Iron Plan after all of this?
    Will they back Daernerys as they've done before with Stannis making her the illegitimate government of the Kingdoms?
    I'm really intrigued about what's happening on their offices...

Did anyone notice that the iron bank is investing in the salve trade? Which I find it weird, braavos was founded by former slaves and in t

• I did notice this. However, that made me kind of question how the heck can Iron Bank in the books be the most powerful institution in the world if it refuses to have connections to slavetrade? Think about it, aside from Westeros and Braavos, slavery is practiced throughout the whole Known World. So, if Iron Bank has any infulence outside of Braavos and Westeros, it has to have connections to slavers as well.

Did anyone notice that the iron bank is investing in the salve trade? Which I find it weird, braavos was founded by former slaves and in t

• I didn't reveal anything lol Euron doesn't even have yara. I'm just saying that he's a psychopath.

I'd appreciate if you left out any details from the books as I have only seen the show.

• Yeah I know, I just meant in future. I don't know much about Euron in the books so I just wanted to avoid you giving anything away.

I didn't reveal anything lol Euron doesn't even have yara. I'm just saying that he's a psychopath.

• You would do It If someone was to murder your child.

That doesn't make it right for Cersei to do it.

• I don't know man. From what I understand is that braavos has banned slave trade and I just re-watch the scene and he hasn't implied that the bank is investing in the salve trade. Maybe he's tricking cersei or maybe you are correct.

I did notice this. However, that made me kind of question how the heck can Iron Bank in the books be the most powerful institution in the wo

• Being in the exact position that Cersei was in, I most likely would've just publicly executed Ellaria and Tyene. I understand why she wanted to make it more personal and sadistic, but it certainly isn't the decent thing to do.

You would do It If someone was to murder your child.

• edited August 2017

Become a terrible person? I seriously hope that wouldn't be the case. Anyway, what I'd do is irrelevant, wrong is wrong, no matter what excuse you use to justify it.

EDIT: For example, those slavers that hanged people up on crosses... it was just as wrong when Dany did it to them. Someone else doing something terrible doesn't make it justified for you to do it.

You would do It If someone was to murder your child.

• Yeah, the slavetrade is definitely illegal in Braavos. But still, we are talking about bankers here, I doubt they have a particularly strict moral code. I'd guess the keyholders aren't directly linked to the slavetrade itself (as in, they don't own or sell any slaves themselves), but it's likely they still gave loans to Ghiscari nobility, who then used that money for their slave bussiness. Dany's liberation of Slaver's Bay most likely destroyed a lot of nobility that were in debt to Iron Bank, debt they now can't recollect.

I don't know man. From what I understand is that braavos has banned slave trade and I just re-watch the scene and he hasn't implied that the bank is investing in the salve trade. Maybe he's tricking cersei or maybe you are correct.

• edited August 2017

House Baelish founder was a Sellsword from Braavos,I was wondering Does Littlefinger have any connection with the Iron Bank?
    That would be interesting.

Yeah, the slavetrade is definitely illegal in Braavos. But still, we are talking about bankers here, I doubt they have a particularly strict

• What would you do with your daughter killer, Invite them over for tea party? I know It was unfair on Tyene since It's not her fault but that Ellaria woman deserve the worst for killing a child even If It is watching her own daughter dying same with they Slavers, the thing is If your to soft on people like Ellaria, Euron even Cersei they do It again, you need call out punishment when needed.

Become a terrible person? I seriously hope that wouldn't be the case. Anyway, what I'd do is irrelevant, wrong is wrong, no matter what excu

• It's so wonderful seeing Daenerys continue to lose battles. The one thing to note is that since she's lost the Martells, the Tyrells, the Greyjoy fleet, and the Unsullied practically, there's only one army left she can use - the Dothraki. I imagine the next episode with feature them.

It's a shame we didn't really see any battles with Highgarden and Casterly Rock. I imagine they are saving their money for something really big. Probably the thing with the Dothraki and Drogon in the trailers.

Also, the Sand Snakes got what they deserved. Ironic, they became obsessed with vengeance of their family and ended up killing more of their family for it.

• Hopefully Bronn will save Tyene because they had some chemistry, I didn't mind the sand snakes, but I guess that's because I love them in the books and the show didn't quite do anything from Dorne justice!

It's so wonderful seeing Daenerys continue to lose battles. The one thing to note is that since she's lost the Martells, the Tyrells, the Gr

• At first yes, but as they get to know each other, and share history, they can form a familial bond. Aunt and nephew, imo, is still too close a relationship. Its like one off from the parent. I have nephews so the thought just gives me hives.

Well yeah, he wouldn't go full incest with Sansa or Arya because he grew up with them as his sisters, but will he really see Dany as an aunt even if he does learn who his father was? I doubt it, they'll still be strangers to each other.

• We'll have to disagree there. Also, what is the point of marrying if Jon wont produce heirs? There are other ways to form alliances.

There's nothing wrong with incest (just don't make a baby)

• They is nothing wrong with aunty and nephew's relationship It's the middle ages weird shit happens.

We'll have to disagree there. Also, what is the point of marrying if Jon wont produce heirs? There are other ways to form alliances.

• I didn't mind them either. I didn't care either way. I didn't really care for anyone in Dorne in the books, except for Oberyn. I don't condone what Ellaria did, especially to Myrcella, but I understand her thirst for vengeance. Cercei should too and she's ten times worse. She had no problem with blowing up hundreds, maybe thousands of someone elses children to escape her own justice. I badly want to see Cercei go down, and I do hope Bron can get Ellaria out of that dungeon, although I do think Tyene I doomed.

Hopefully Bronn will save Tyene because they had some chemistry, I didn't mind the sand snakes, but I guess that's because I love them in the books and the show didn't quite do anything from Dorne justice!

• I bet If George was to make them a couple, It wouldn't lazy writing to yours.

Yeah no Jon and Danny that's too fanfiction for me and it's lazy writing. But it will happen because of D&D.

• Well, I can't really see it becoming a typical aunt/nephew familial relationship, considering they are the same age... heck, I think Jon might be even slightly older. Your nephews aren't older than you, right? Idk, I just don't see these two as relatives, even if they technically are.

At first yes, but as they get to know each other, and share history, they can form a familial bond. Aunt and nephew, imo, is still too close a relationship. Its like one off from the parent. I have nephews so the thought just gives me hives.

• In all honesty cersei definitely isn't one of my favourite characters but a lot of her horrific acts she's done in fairness are justified that obviously doesn't escape the fact that she is incredibly sly and evil but what she did to the sand snakes are completely justified and I personally loved it (probably due to the fact I have a huge crush on myrcella as well as the fact she was innocent)

• Nothing Cercei does is justified. She's a monster. A disease, like Lady Olenna says.

Alex-twdg posted: »

In all honesty cersei definitely isn't one of my favourite characters but a lot of her horrific acts she's done in fairness are justified th

• I just cannot understand this mindset. She did a horrible thing and everyone knows it but it's justified because Ellaria did it first? I just can't get behind this.

In all honesty cersei definitely isn't one of my favourite characters but a lot of her horrific acts she's done in fairness are justified th

• I completely agree

• Ellaria murdered a child, she deserves the worst

I just cannot understand this mindset. She did a horrible thing and everyone knows it but it's justified because Ellaria did it first? I just can't get behind this.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.