'Queen's Justice' episode discussion

Leave your thoughts below. Did you like the new episode or not?

Comments

• It was ok i guess

• The Lannisters are surprisingly doing quite well in this war. I am not entirely sure if they are winning because of their tactics and other factors or it is due to the writer's making it more engaging and dramatic.

But I do like this episode.

• Amazing yet again!

Very sad to see one of my favourie's go, but she really went out bad fucking ass

• This and last season's finale are certainly the best episodes since Season 4. Simply amazing. And Diana Rigg's acting is just wonderful. Also the music was beatiful, Rains of Castamere is really a masterpiece.

• the episode was ok i guess but I doubt the lannisters are really that smart, It was also good seeing Jon man up to Dany.

• To be fair, Jaime has been fighting multiple wars in the past and is very experienced in tactics and strategy. He doesn't always shows it but he is smart.

Tyrion is a capable tactician, but he is not his brother's equal in war. Also while his strategy were sound and fair, he did not factor in that Euron Greyjoy attacking Yara's fleet and that Casterly Rock was worthless.

BigGazMan posted: »

the episode was ok i guess but I doubt the lannisters are really that smart, It was also good seeing Jon man up to Dany.

• yeah I suppose your right :•)

To be fair, Jaime has been fighting multiple wars in the past and is very experienced in tactics and strategy. He doesn't always shows it bu

• edited July 2017

Only sayin that I predict Cersei's revenge on Ellaria using her methods a long time ago...
    Now we are on the little playing giving the Lannisters "token victories" till the point the three Targaryen dragons will smash them.
    It's awful to say but I'm with them on this war...
    Rate:7'3/10

Please noJon&Dany.

• Why no Jon & Dany, can't two people fall in love anymore.

Tunak23 posted: »

Only sayin that I predict Cersei's revenge on Ellaria using her methods a long time ago... Now we are on the little playing giving the Lann

• The Rose sure gave the Lion one big prick with its thorns before wilting away. The long awaited meeting between Ice and Fire went better than expected in a rather cordial way.

• It's not even about love, really. It would make all the sense in the world for Jon and Dany to solidify their alliance with marriage. They have common enemies, and that way neither would have to bend the knee to the other.

Why no Jon & Dany, can't two people fall in love anymore.

• Yeah no Jon and Danny that's too fanfiction for me and it's lazy writing. But it will happen because of D&D.

Only sayin that I predict Cersei's revenge on Ellaria using her methods a long time ago... Now we are on the little playing giving the Lann

• How is it "too fanfiction" when it acutally makes sense in the story? How exactly is it lazy writing? You really need to back up your arguments if you make claims like that.

Yeah no Jon and Danny that's too fanfiction for me and it's lazy writing. But it will happen because of D&D.

• edited July 2017

It was a solid episode as I expected casterly rock is useless and even Jaime said that. I liked seeing the ironbank again in the story. Danny and Jon conversation was ok, they will hookup because of PLOT and fanfiction. My only problem was that very one moved so fast like Euron, he sailed to casterly rock quickly as if geography is ignored. And this episode shows that Tyrion's plan is garbage and it backfired on team Danny. Overall 7/10

• It was a solid episode as I expected casterly rock is useless and even Jaime said that. I liked seeing the ironbank again in the story. Danny and Jon conversation was ok, they will hookup because of PLOT and fanfiction. My only problem was that very one moved so fast like Euron, he sailed to casterly rock quickly as if geography is ignored now. Overall a good 7/10.

• I agree :•)

It's not even about love, really. It would make all the sense in the world for Jon and Dany to solidify their alliance with marriage. They have common enemies, and that way neither would have to bend the knee to the other.

• Doesn't it have a certain smell?Like when the two Disney heroes meet,they live difficulties yes but they end together on a lazy family writing we all know.

Asoiaf deserves better than such a final.And know with that said all "faithful show fans" will kill me.
    But I don't give a shit ;)

How is it "too fanfiction" when it acutally makes sense in the story? How exactly is it lazy writing? You really need to back up your arguments if you make claims like that.

• A certain smell? K, can't really give a counter argument because you aren't giving me an actual argument here in the first place. Jon and Dany ending up together can be written well or it can be written lazily. It's all about how it is written.

Doesn't it have a certain smell?Like when the two Disney heroes meet,they live difficulties yes but they end together on a lazy family writi

• Looks like Dany is gonna have to buddy up with Jon, cause her entire council is dropping like flies.

• Because they're related for a start.

Why no Jon & Dany, can't two people fall in love anymore.

• What? It makes 100 percent sense for them to marry

Yeah no Jon and Danny that's too fanfiction for me and it's lazy writing. But it will happen because of D&D.

• Meh, not really an issue in Westeros. Even Tywin Lannister married his own cousin, I'm sure no one would mind Jon marrying the aunt that he never even knew was his aunt.

Because they're related for a start.

• Whatever you like mate

A certain smell? K, can't really give a counter argument because you aren't giving me an actual argument here in the first place. Jon and Dany ending up together can be written well or it can be written lazily. It's all about how it is written.

• I don't know about you, but it really feels like that the Lannisters are a little too successful in the war. At one moment Daenerys has the most powerful faction. The next she has lost all of her allies. But guess I am just used to seeing Dany winning.

• They don't know that.

Because they're related for a start.

• I thought the Lannisters where done for, once I see Daenerys amry, but they keep coming up with surprises. good luck to them, I just hate seeing Dany wee bitch face all the time.

I don't know about you, but it really feels like that the Lannisters are a little too successful in the war. At one moment Daenerys has the

• A fine episode, with several great moments. The pacing felt really fast at times, but I understand, the story needs to progress towards the endgame.

I wasn't expecting much from the North in this episode, but what we got was actually surprisingly great. Sansa governing the North and getting ready for the winter was nice, but what I really loved was Bran's return to Winterfell. It was so bittersweet, and that moment between him and Sansa in the godswood showcased how much they both have changed. Bran is detached, and it's so sad to see how he can't quite connect with his family anymore. Anyway, he is clearly going to tell Jon about his parentage, and that certainly should be interesting.

Jon in Dragonstone was also pretty good. I like how they lampshaded the similarities between Jon and Dany, while also showcasing the contrast between them (Dany's list of titles vs. "He is Jon Snow.... he's King in the North"). I liked how they were both kind of irritated at each other, but still saw that it's better to be allies rather than enemies in this situation. It's also nice to see Jon struggle with trying to convince people of the Night King's threat. Oh, and how good it was to see Jon and Tyrion chatting up again, after all these years =)

King's Landing stuff was very strong in this episode. Euron continued to be entertaining, he really is the wild card of this season. That said, the best scene in KL, perhaps in the whole episode was Cersei killing Tyene. I got chills on that scene, and I never really rooted for Ellaria, in fact I think she got more or less what she deserved. Still, Cersei is such a cold and terrifying villain that it kinda made me feel bad for Ellaria. A great scene.

At first I was a bit disappointed with the Casterly Rock segment. Not because anything we saw was bad, but because I just wanted to see more of it. What we got was basically a montage of the Unsullied taking Casterly Rock with Tyrion's narration, and I was a bit iffy about that first. However, it was better with rewatching, and considering how the plot developed after that - the whole battle being basically a trap - it made sense why they did it that way. Still, Casterly Rock was a magnificent sight, and seeing the Unsullied in action was great.

And then we come to the end of the episode, and another montage of a castle being taken - this time Highgarden. This one didn't rub me at all, and I'm glad they chose to spend the time to Olenna's last scene rather than showing the battle. And what a great scene it was, rivaling the Cersei/Ellaria/Tyene scene as the best of this episode. I love how Olenna went out with dignity, and giving one last fuck you to the Lannister's by revealing she poisoned Joffrey. Now, if only Jaime could be a bit less in denial about his sister, then I'd be happy :D

Overall, I'd say this one edges the earlier two episodes slightly, being the best of the season so far. I give 7x03 "The Queen's Justice" 8.5/10.

• edited July 2017

What I mean is that Danny and Jon coming together has been talked about for years fans are dying for the moment when Danny and Jon have sex, which will happen according to the leaks, it's too predictable and it will be too cheesy and game of thrones is not your typical Fantasy like lord of the rings. This hookup is just too predictable that it doesn't feel right to me. Here is another prediction Jon will kill Danny to create lightbringer the show is becoming more and more predictable these days. Shame. But hey! That's my opinion. Plus according to the leaks Jon wont marry Danny.

How is it "too fanfiction" when it acutally makes sense in the story? How exactly is it lazy writing? You really need to back up your arguments if you make claims like that.

• I see a leak mentioned there so I won't be reading or answering this comment for now to avoid spoilers. Perhaps I'll come back to this later, if I remember.

• This entire episode felt rushed again. With how barely any exposition on how the Unsullied took Casterly Rock and how easy the Lannisters took High Garden it becomes more and more apparent D&D just want to end the series and makes sure everything ties up as soon as possible

• With a season as full of battles as this one you can't expect all of them to be Battle of Bastards. It was well enough explained how the Unsullied took Casterly Rock, and the battle wasn't the important part in Highgarden. The truly significant battles, those that will determine the outcome of the war, will surely be covered in more detail. And if they "just want to end the series", why didn't they go with just seven seasons, which was the original plan from the beginning? Hmmmm

Clemenem posted: »

This entire episode felt rushed again. With how barely any exposition on how the Unsullied took Casterly Rock and how easy the Lannisters to

• It would make so much sense in the universe that they would marry to provide a strategical alliance. The king in the north and the queen of the 7 kingdoms marrying would mean that Jon doesn't bend the knee and Dany still gets an ally. And if you want to talk about pointless marriages let's talk about Hizdahr Zo Loraq, dany did that to stop the Sons of the Harpy, why would that help? Either he's one of them so he's a terrorist or he's not and the SOTH won't care anyway. Only thing I can think of is that it would show that dany respects Meereens traditions but it's still fairly weak. I feel like most of you people against Jon and Dany only do it to be 'edgy and cool'

• The original plan was for eight seasons or seven. Even GRRM proposed that Game of thrones would have 10 seasons beacause A song of ice and fire has alot of plots and characters. He proposed to split A dance of dragons into two seasons beacause it's a huge book plus it will give GRRM time to finish the winds of winter, but of course D&D refused because they want to finish it as soon as possible so the show's quality won't dip down and they don't want to spend 10 years of their lives adapting a song of ice and fire.

With a season as full of battles as this one you can't expect all of them to be Battle of Bastards. It was well enough explained how the Uns

• Honestly I'm glad they got over AFFC and ADWD quickly, the dullest part of the novels.

The original plan was for eight seasons or seven. Even GRRM proposed that Game of thrones would have 10 seasons beacause A song of ice and f

• That's what they should have done...The Asoiaf universe is too rich to cover only in eight seasons.
    If someone actually listened to poor George...

The original plan was for eight seasons or seven. Even GRRM proposed that Game of thrones would have 10 seasons beacause A song of ice and f

• Dull? Lol Affc and dance were slow but the payoff was worth it all. The dornish master plan, Jaime's story were so good I was disappointed that they weren't adapted as well here. There is nothing to do except to wait for WOW.

Honestly I'm glad they got over AFFC and ADWD quickly, the dullest part of the novels.

• edited July 2017

Maybe in 20 years game of thrones would be rebooted and we might see all of the characters from books. Only a boy can dream.

That's what they should have done...The Asoiaf universe is too rich to cover only in eight seasons. If someone actually listened to poor George...

• Not to delve too far off topic, but my main problem with AFFC and ADWD is particularly that there is no proper payoff for all the slow build up, except in a select few storylines, such as Jon's. They just feel like a lot of stalling and unnecessary sideplots, and then the books just kind of end where the climax should begin. Of course, I do hope TWoW will be great and pay off all the build up, but AFFC and ADWD will always be the most boring part of aSoIaF for me. Not saying they are all bad of course, there is a lot of great material there for sure, but I feel like they just waste way too much time on obscure stuff that wasn't needed for telling the story.

Dull? Lol Affc and dance were slow but the payoff was worth it all. The dornish master plan, Jaime's story were so good I was disappointed that they weren't adapted as well here. There is nothing to do except to wait for WOW.

• I never truly understood why AFFC and ADWD weren't as engaging and it felt more like set-up. Did that planned time-skip that was ultimately scrapped really affected the story that much?

Not to delve too far off topic, but my main problem with AFFC and ADWD is particularly that there is no proper payoff for all the slow build

• That would literally be only possibe in an animated series (which I wouldn't be against, tbh). For live action even the current show is riding the line of having too big of a cast.

Maybe in 20 years game of thrones would be rebooted and we might see all of the characters from books. Only a boy can dream.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.