One hour preview of Batman: The Enemy Within E1 (Please keep all discussion related to it in here).

Comments

• SwingPoynt shows all of them.

zeke10 posted: »

So is there anyone who shows the other episode slides?

• Hm. I actually liked the one hour preview and want to see more.

• edited August 2017

OK,after looking at some the playthroughs of first hour of episode 1.I don't remember from some there season 1 playthroughs during episode 5 ending that they invested in the rebuilding Arkham Asylum,but investing a partnership with GCPD. Did anyone see that? Because I did and I hope telltale fixes it before the first episode releases in Aug 8.

• I can't help but feel like this is a reference to @puzzlebox / Laura Perusco

enter image description here

. @emilybuckshot @mostlypoptarts @staff

Any chance it is a reference?

• Good Willpower is forged through years of training (and enduring torturous countless hours of temptation)

Abeille posted: »

I'm sorry

• I am gonna kill both Avasta and Bloke and its gonna be very slowly. That bitch insulted me for nothing.

• Who do you guys think the other 2 are? In going with bane and strange

BigGazMan posted: »

It's that woman Harley Quinn?

• Well, if you want to kill her slowly for suggesting you're a psychopath... then you're kind of a psychopath. Just saying (and kidding).

MrJava posted: »

I am gonna kill both Avasta and Bloke and its gonna be very slowly. That bitch insulted me for nothing.

• edited August 2017

Looks like Bruce got some echo-eye implants.

EDIT: Also I hate to be a Negative Nancy but, I'm not a fan of the new graphic style. The first season had a number of ugly moments but after the engine update the game could look gorgeous. I think the facial detail lines are a bit harsh, which look particularly jarring on Alfred.

• edited August 2017

This premier... Was really weak. Compare it to the first episode of the first season.

• You sure have a short fuse. :p

I am gonna kill both Avasta and Bloke and its gonna be very slowly. That bitch insulted me for nothing.

• I'm going with Bane and Strange as well

zeke10 posted: »

Who do you guys think the other 2 are? In going with bane and strange

• Luckily for riddler Bruce seems to have no actual strength, he lands on him do often yet riddler hilariously just shakes it off like nothing

Frontier246 posted: »

Thoughts: * Looking through the episodes, it looks like we'll have three major villains appearing by episode 2. Looks like Bane, Riddle

• Honestly, if met a guy dressed up like a giant bat that conveniently arrives at every crime scene before everybody else and that is involved with all the other oddly-dressed criminals in the city one way or another, I would also think he has issues. Same for some billionaire that comes from a family that was part of a criminal organization and had clear ties with said weirdos. And I'm not a psychologist.

• I would though I already watched a full playthrough so it would be a bit of a waste.

I highly recommended S1 great game IMO :•)

• understandable.

Dan10 posted: »

I would though I already watched a full playthrough so it would be a bit of a waste.

• I also noticed that Harvey is now officially known as Two-Face.

• Yeah, he is called Two-Face in the end of the first season if I remember it correctly, by the reporter speaking of his crimes. I think that happens even if he doesn't have half his face burned, he is called "Two-Face" for his treachery and split personality too, not only for his appearance.

Frontier246 posted: »

I also noticed that Harvey is now officially known as Two-Face.

• Do you think s2 is worth buying? I'm on the fence.

understandable.

• I hope so but It's probably best to wait till It's all out

Do you think s2 is worth buying? I'm on the fence.

• If you really liked S1 I'd probably consider it, but if you're on the fence maybe wait for an episode or two (or the whole thing), and see what reactions are to it.

Do you think s2 is worth buying? I'm on the fence.

• They'll lie and say it is.

I can't help but feel like this is a reference to @puzzlebox / Laura Perusco . @emilybuckshot @mostlypoptarts @staff Any chance it is a reference?

• I think it was Avesta, but I'm sorry for your traumatic flashback.

Avasta

• Great, now I'm in delirium.

Thanks for the concern, though, Dojo. I've learned to never trust this company with my emotional investment again. Ava's conclusion in EP5 is a token of their latest creative abilities.

dojo32161 posted: »

I think it was Avesta, but I'm sorry for your traumatic flashback.

• But she insults Bruce using Joker and her greatest knowledge(when it comes to insult Bruce she is doing a good job of it) is not enough to know that Joker is a terrifying sociopath who doesnt have any record or file in Arkham Asylum (doesnt even have a name) and she is taking so serious a call made by a patient in Arkham Asylum(I'd doubt that it was serious and dont play the card that Joker was interested on him because Joker interested on so many people in Arkham so its not a big deal). Right from the beginning on s1, Bruce has been insulted cause of his fathers actions when he was just a freaking kid when it happened. He even lost his company to a criminal(which is enough to prove that he is innocent) but he stepped up first to help Gotham. Still, people have doubts that Bruce is criminal because Falcone come to his home uninvited, Penguin stoled his company, Harvey set an ambush to him and burned his house, also he got threwed in Arkham Asylum because he got drugged. That is some bullshit. In all Telltale games, you are still the bad guy whatever happens because the game demands it.

Honestly, if met a guy dressed up like a giant bat that conveniently arrives at every crime scene before everybody else and that is involved

• LOL I dunno maybe they will join our team later.

You sure have a short fuse.

• It would be a bit ironic with the fact that I have a sincere and amicable nature :D

Well, if you want to kill her slowly for suggesting you're a psychopath... then you're kind of a psychopath. Just saying (and kidding).

• Great half an episode much better than season 1 and that was good

• Yeah, but try to look at it from the perspective of an outsider. They know nothing of "John Doe" other than he claims to have a connection with Bruce Wayne.

The same Bruce Wayne who came from a criminal family, who funded the campaign of his close friend that killed a bunch of innocents, who had a childhood friend that killed another bunch of innocents.

He has his company stolen. He was drugged and thrown in Arkham. His butler was kidnapped. His manor, invaded and burned.

It is like she said. There either is something up, or he is the unluckiest guy alive. He is always in the middle of the crisis somehow. It is not too far-fetched to get to the conclusion that he does have some connection to the criminals and that some deals go south, and that's why he is always the target.

We know what's up, she doesn't.

But she insults Bruce using Joker and her greatest knowledge(when it comes to insult Bruce she is doing a good job of it) is not enough to k

• Who's avesta? Didn't watch

Avasta

• emilybuckshotemilybuckshot Former Telltale Staff

It's a coincidence :)

They'll lie and say it is.

• They know nothing of "John Doe" other than he claims to have a connection with Bruce Wayne

Remember, this is Arkham Asylum. People are crazy. We even saw a guy that tries to warn president because he is in danger. In my opinion , they shouldnt focus on this so much.

The same Bruce Wayne who came from a criminal family, who funded the campaign of his close friend that killed a bunch of innocents, who had a childhood friend that killed another bunch of innocents.

He has his company stolen. He was drugged and thrown in Arkham. His butler was kidnapped. His manor, invaded and burned.

Yeah, so Bruce confronted either Harvey or Penguin to save this city from those maniacs. I mean it is obvious that Bruce is innocent here and she knows what happened just like everyone else in Gotham. Still seeing Bruce as a criminal is a very lame detective skill if you ask me.

It is like she said. There either is something up, or he is the unluckiest guy alive. He is always in the middle of the crisis somehow. It is not too far-fetched to get to the conclusion that he does have some connection to the criminals and that some deals go south, and that's why he is always the target

He is into the crisis because his father was an asshole and people try to get revenge on his son. Bruce doesnt have to make deal with criminals. He is powerful and rich. Would you need to make deals with criminals when you already powerful and rich ? I, for one, dont need to. Because I already got what I want. You dont have to be a highly intelligent detective to see that.

Yeah, but try to look at it from the perspective of an outsider. They know nothing of "John Doe" other than he claims to have a connection w

• It seems to run a bit better as well. Bodes well.

I'm really impressed with the leap in graphical fidelity. Hats off to the artists!

• What if Avesta's husband is Bane and she just injects him with something to transform him? Could be interesting too if Amanda Waller knows of their 'alter egos' and actually uses them to track down Batman but I don't think that's the plot lol

The ep2 icon definitely hints at a female villain with some sort of staff. What do you make of it ? Edit : I stand by my previous comment. It's Avesta, and you are correct about Hugo Strange and Bane.

• When Telltale finally makes a game youre interested in again

enter image description here

• Remember, this is Arkham Asylum. People are crazy. We even saw a guy that tries to warn president because he is in danger. In my opinion , they shouldnt focus on this so much.

The other patients have other information about them. They have records of when they entered the Arkham Asylum and why, except for "John Doe". They literally have nothing on him other than the contact with Bruce Wayne. Other patients in the asylum tell that he is an odd case because of that.

Yeah, so Bruce confronted either Harvey or Penguin to save this city from those maniacs. I mean it is obvious that Bruce is innocent here and she knows what happened just like everyone else in Gotham. Still seeing Bruce as a criminal is a very lame detective skill if you ask me.

It is obvious, yes... To us. Because we know what's up. For an outsider, it is really weird that he keeps being caught up in every mess, and that every big criminal in Gotham has some sort of connection to him or to his family. One public display of supposed heroism isn't that effective when people have reasons to think you caused the peril to begin with, it can even be seen as a ruse.

It is pretty standard detective skill when you do not have access to the same information we do, through direct sources. It is just a logical conclusion to make. I'm speaking as someone who works with criminal justice.

He is into the crisis because his father was an asshole and people try to get revenge on his son. Bruce doesnt have to make deal with criminals. He is powerful and rich. Would you need to make deals with criminals when you already powerful and rich ? I, for one, dont need to. Because I already got what I want. You dont have to be a highly intelligent detective to see that.

We know that because we know for sure that Bruce had nothing to do with it. They don't. They have Bruce's words and they were unable to catch him in the act, but still, there are lots of clues that point at Bruce not being such a golden boy, with all the connections he has with Gotham's worst criminals. It is easy for you and me to trust Bruce's words because we have access to his thoughts and doubts.

His power and wealth was built on deals with criminals. It is not a stretch to conclude that the apple didn't fall far from the tree, and that he still makes deals with them to get keep his power and wealth, to get more or even just to look good in front of the citizens of Gotham.

They know nothing of "John Doe" other than he claims to have a connection with Bruce Wayne Remember, this is Arkham Asylum. People a

• With minimum spoilers, how does the episode look? Do s1 choices matter? Is it still buggy? Does it have better pacing?

• Looks exciting, they matter as much as you'd expect which is just dialogue, unknown, Not sure. There's a 50 minute preview on youtube from many youtubers so judge for yourself I suppose

With minimum spoilers, how does the episode look? Do s1 choices matter? Is it still buggy? Does it have better pacing?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.